The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Kim J the real leader of Boran???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-22-01, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Kim J the real leader of Boran???"
I know that sounds crazy but I have been doing a lot of thinking.

1.If Boran loses the IC again and Kim stays, then I believe she is the leader
2. Mark burnett may be hiding her as the leader as he did with Tina.
3.She seemed to be so sure about voting for Jessie, while Tom voted for CB again and Ethan didn't want to vote for a woman.

This will probably sound like crap unless Kim stays on Thursday, We will see....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Kim J the real leader... Loree 10-23-01 1
 RE: Is Kim J the real leader... dabo 10-23-01 2
   RE: Is Kim J the real leader... Mitrelleum 10-23-01 3
       Now, THAT'S an interesting thought!... ItzLisa 10-23-01 4
           RE: Now, THAT'S an interesting thou... managerr 10-24-01 5
               RE: Now, THAT'S an interesting thou... Loree 10-24-01 6
                   Kim/value of Gardening Outfrontgirl 10-24-01 7
                       RE:Hidden Alliance Crouching Secret ivoryElephant 10-28-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-01, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Kim J the real leader of Boran???"
Kim is the one that was worried that the men had an alliance against the women. So I doubt she is in charge. Plus I have trouble seeing the guys let her be in charge. They do seem a bit too macho for that.

I did find it interesting that Jessie stated in interviews that she didn't really like Kim.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-01, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Kim J the real leader of Boran???"
Mama Kim may not be the actual leader of the Boran, but she has been the manipulator (intentional or accidental) for what has happened so far. She came up with the idea of dumping out the water on the way to camp, which caused Diane and Jessie to become dehydrated, resulting in Diane losing the first challenge for them, Diane getting the boot, and Jessie becoming ill to the point where she was the second to be booted. Diane's illness also resulted in Clarence opening the beans (they all would have gone for the water otherwise had Diane not been ill) and even swiping the extra cherry (his own battle with dehydration is at the center of this, as well). And, of course, Kim J. lost the RC for Boran when she stumbled, which would have won her tribe nourishment and supplies (which maybe she doesn't want them to have for some reason). I don't know what to think of this; if there is a strategy here it has me confused.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-23-01, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Kim J the real leader of Boran???"
I think Boran was just badly assembled. Possibly on purpose.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-23-01, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Now, THAT'S an interesting thought!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-01 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

On purpose??? Hmmmm... me thinks I smell Mark Burnett behind that one! That truly never dawned on me, but it's an excellent point. Consistently, through all three Survivors, there's been one tribe who can't get it together to save themselves (Pagong, Ogakor, Boran) vs. a tribe that has "got it going on"
(Tagi, Kucha, Samburu). This includes food, shelter, strategy - the whole enchilada. Even when things turned around and Ogakor wound up picking off Kucha one by one after the merger, that was ONLY because of Michael's accident and everyone here knows it. If you're right, and it is purposely engineered for the sake of ratings, they're going to have to do something different, or we're going to consistently wind up with the "Gilligans vs. Army Commandos" -Mark Burnett can't keep counting on one of these dufuses injuring themselves to turn the game around in a complete upset!

HI, SILAS!!!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-24-01, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Now, THAT'S an interesting thought!!!!"
Mama Kim has been one of the worst players on Survivor so far. I agree, she has single handedly been running Boran into the ground--starting with the dumping the water idea. If she really is the leader of the Boran tribe, then it certainly does not look good for their future...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Now, THAT'S an interesting thought!!!!"
Everyone keeps mentioning that MamaKim talked them into dumping the water. But nobody mentions that Tom was the one who decided they didn't need the stupid veggies. They weren't coming to garden. So they left the plants and then Samburu won them in the challenge. Tom is to blame for part of the lack of food. Maybe that is why he was so upset Clarence ate some of the extra food.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Kim/value of Gardening"
Re: Kim's position--
Jessie and Tom were tight. Jessie didn't like Kim (per her interviews), so I have a feeling Tom's not a fan of Kim. He's playing Papa Tom, Mama's no help, he needs a daughter figure.
As for Tom's vote for Clarence--I am convinced he voted for C.B. with full knowledge the male alliance didn't need his vote. When his vote is necessary to evict, he will vote accordingly. Therefore, in a tiebreaker, Kim, Kelly, Clarence would lose.
Anyone who votes against the three guys and loses becomes a target next time, so if any of the others are smart they will vote with the alliance, which will pick the target.
Were I the guys--
I would pick Kim for her weakness and past mistakes and less than vibrant personality. I would keep Kelly for her youth, strength, and brains, and Clarence for his strength. If they are in doubt, they won't be after the underwear exhibition: Clarence is built like an Olympian..

Loree,
I agree that Tom's remark about the veggies was lame, but even though I'm a gardener I would have prioritized lugging water over tomatoes. I only saw tomatoes clearly, not sure what else was there. Fruiting plants take awhile to harvest. I think Burnett's idea of a garden was more for show than practicality--by show, I mean to have the tribes mimicing the local culture without much practical benefit.

The only people eating the tomatoes will be the last standing--as they take at least 30 days from the stage they received.
Also, if you water lettuce or greens with parasite-infected water you run the risk of catching dysentery. People who travel in Mexico usually learn to skip the salad. Unfortunately, greens are the only veggies that you can eat while they are very young. Tomato leaves are poisonous.

Don't think it won't happen just because it hasn't happened yet--Jackson Browne

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-28-01, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE:Hidden Alliance Crouching Secret"
I think I have spotted a hidden alliance in Boran. Last season I had no idea that Tina and Colby were in an alliance, I thought it was kieth/tina the whole way.
This time however MB has given some clues.

I think Kim and Ethan are part of the hidden alliance and here is why:

1. Ethan says he would rather vote off Clarence rather than any of the women, but is forced to oust Jessie.

2. Kim and Kelly saying "aren't OUR boys funny" as if they had some inside power

3. The only person we say Kim hug after the Boulder race was Ethan. She may have hugged everyone, but maybe this is a clue.

This may sound like pure junk now, but I just want to lay it on the table just in case I am right.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •