The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 4 and 5 previews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-23-01, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 4 and 5 previews"
From survivorfever.net.

Episode 4: Nov 1 - "The Young and the Untrusted" - a member of the Samburu tribe cracks under pressure as the generation gap continues to split loyalties among the young and old. Meanwhile 2 members of Boran tribe who are especially nervous about being the next to be voted out of the tribe make separate attempts to stay in the game. A trip to the watering hole becomes a dangerous stand-off with an animal known to be one of the deadliest in the area.

Episode 5: Nov 8 - "The Twist"

You've seen the show
And think you know the game
But this being Survivor
Things aren't always the same
So tune in to see
Who's the one they dismiss
This is definitely the episode
You don't want to miss

A couple of thoughts here. If it's ep.4 and Boran lost again, presumably dumping Kelly or Kim J., then that would leave Clarence and K/K as the two "desperate ones". Would clarence really be "desperate" to look better than the remaining woman given that LTE seem to be voting out the physically weakest?

OTOH, is someone going to be "cracking under the pressure" by ep. 4 if Samburu goes to TC in ep. 3 and the old 'uns already have the upper hand by this episode?

Why is there a "twist" in ep. 5? Is it because Boran is getting its butt kicked so badly that MB needs to mix up the tribes or something?

Thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 episode 4 mavsfan 10-23-01 1
 RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews Outfrontgirl 10-24-01 2
   RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews samiam 10-24-01 13
 RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews PepeLePew13 10-24-01 3
 RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews Stairway2Dayton 10-24-01 4
 RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews Bebo 10-24-01 5
   RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews TaurusII 10-24-01 6
   RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews wendyp 10-24-01 7
 RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews NightScribe 10-24-01 8
   RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews Goldielocks 10-24-01 9
   RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews TaurusII 10-24-01 10
   RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews sleeeve 10-24-01 11
       RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews cowboyroo 10-24-01 12
           RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews lakeroost 10-25-01 14
 CBS.com Ep 4 preview Outfrontgirl 10-26-01 15
 Dismiss dangerkitty 10-27-01 16
   RE: Dismiss Outfrontgirl 10-27-01 17
       Incontheivable! IceCat 10-27-01 19
 The Young and The Untrusted dangerkitty 10-27-01 18
   RE: The Young and The Untrusted Outfrontgirl 10-27-01 20
       RE: The Young and The Untrusted munson 10-27-01 21
           RE: The Young and The Untrusted Outfrontgirl 10-27-01 22
               RE: The Young and The Untrusted munson 10-28-01 23
                   RE: The Young and The Untrusted Outfrontgirl 10-28-01 24
 RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews Stairway2Dayton 10-28-01 25
   RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews cowboyroo 10-28-01 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-23-01, 11:12 PM (EST)
1. "episode 4"
<<< Meanwhile 2 members of Boran tribe who are especially nervous <<< about being the next to be voted out of the tribe make <<< separate attempts to stay in the game.

I think this strongly indicates a Boran leaves in episode 3, otherwise there would be 3 members of Boran tribe nervous in episode 4. While the Lex/Ethan/Tom alliance is voting out the weakest players, Clarence was clearly aftaid we was leaving last week instead of Jessie. After MammaKim leaves this weak, it will be down to Clarence/Kelly, and Clarence will be more nervous than a long tail cat in a room full or rockers. I think he will still be safe because the guys will still vote out the weakest player - Kelly, but I think Tom's inside Clarence's head at this point and Clarence will be afraid it's him.

No idea what the new twist is unless somewhere on page 19,347 of the 20,067 SURVIVOR rule book it has a provision for an early merger if one team is getting hammered. I hate to bring this up as even a possibility.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-01, 03:10 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 03:21 AM (EST)

JT--I also read the "cracking under pressure" to indicate that the Samburu balance will NOT have changed by Ep 4--meaning they will still be tugging for Silas, and he might be the one to crack.

Boran would then have lost this week--thus the "Gods Must Be Angry" at them to make them lose three times in a row.

The preview wording could easily be a red herring with respect to who goes to TC in Ep 4. Why are the Samburu cracking if they aren't going to TC? Why would MB suggest that Boran is voting in Ep 4 if indeed they are?

It could easily play out that Ep 4 starts with 2 Boran members (yes, Mavsfan, I do think both Kelly and Clarence would be nervous) trying to line up their ducks after 3 straight losses--especially if they lose RC in Ep 4!

Kelly could argue that she is valuable because some challenges are mental or require lifting a tribe member. Since the dungballs are physical, I would expect one of those challenges by Ep. 4. Clarence could worry that his physique's not enough to balance out the tribe. Heck, he doesn't need a reason to worry beyond Beangate...

Dangerkitty's Kelly spoiler remains on my mind, as it may well point to a Kelly/Boran boot in Ep 4, but setting that aside as speculative for the moment--
Boran could focus on votes out of fear at the beginning of Ep 4 but Samburu could then lose IC. This would force a crisis as Silas is finally put to the test--after weeks of being able to say "I'm with you" to both sides he will have to make a choice.

A Samburu TC would screw with the spoilers who expect Boran to lose #4 due to this preview.

As to the Twist, I copied the cryptic quotes about twists from MB, JP and LMoonves onto GT's thread. My interpretation of what they said (lying? who knows, but their rationale makes sense): the twists were put in to keep the players from thinking they knew exactly how this game works from watching two prior seasons. The people who are running the game want to remind the players who's in charge and make them respond in a fresh way.

If that's the case (the Moonves quote comes from just before the TC for Ep 5 was filmed)--that is enough reason to throw in a twist. Doesn't have to be to save a losing team's ass, which I think would draw a strong protest from Samburu. You don't just deprive a team of a hard-earned advantage (unless you are BasicallyMoronicProductions).

Moonves hinted at least one of the twists would be funny (make us laugh). Of course it's not just to keep the players on their toes, but also to give the audience a sense that things aren't set in stone. I expect a minor twist that will not screw with the basic format of 2 tribes that merge and one bootee every 3 days.

"Don't think it won't happen just because it hasn't happened yet"

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
This got me thinking a smidgen (yes, I KNOW how dangerous that is for me). For S2, the players also thought we knew what would happen at the merge. Ambassadors, picking one of the camps, blah blah blah. And what happens? They are suddenly told to pack up everything from both camps and go to a new spot. Not a HUGE twist, but it certainly would mess with the players' heads a bit. Now, with S1, they chose one of the two camps. With S2, they left both old camps and had to move to a new one. I think S3 will do something different. I don't know what that is yet. But I do think it will be something relatively minor, i.e., nothing that will change the tribes merging into one, or change the basic rules (à la Love Cruise) halfway through.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 08:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"

>- a member of the Samburu tribe cracks under pressure as
>the generation gap continues to split loyalties among the
>young and old.

This is probably a wild theory and grasping at straws, but we've seen a bit of foreshadowing from this week's episode preview that Lindsey said something to the extent of "I'll take a broken leg over this pain" and then what if in the next ep. somebody does break something during a competition ("cracks under pressure")?

I'm more liable to believe this is in reference to either Silas sitting on the fence or Lindsey continuing her chase for the truth in asking others what the alliances are. I notice that Teresa and Lindsey got a bond of sorts in the first two episodes so maybe that has something to do with cracking as they have it out about who they're supporting. Episode 3 tomorrow will certainly help a lot to clarify what the preview for #4 means.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-24-01, 11:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
I don't see Silas as the type to crack under pressure. Lindsey, Kim and Brandon all seem more likely. I'm leaning towards Lindsey, who has proven to be very emotional anyway. Or perhaps Teresa is having a problem being nice to the youngsters then turning around and voting them off.

Just to nitpick, the preview says that two members of Boran are nervous about being the next to be voted out AND make separate attempts to stay in the game. That's not to say that there isn't another player who is also nervous, but too bone-headed to try and do anything about it.

I know, I'm grasping at straws here, but I really want to see the Morons get a break and win an IC.

The twist must be the point where the tribes feel safe enough to vote off a strong player pre-merge, or when they get sick enough of Frank to boot him out of the alliance.

S2D

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

>Episode 4: Nov 1 -
>"The Young and the Untrusted"

When someone mentioned this episode title on a prior thread, my first thought was Kelly and Clarence. Now I'm leaning more toward another Boran loss in E3, and MamaKim's challenge blunders finally catching up to her.

Imagine the pressures that would create in Samburu, because the game would be completely different this time around. Instead of focusing on being the dominant tribe and picking off the other tribe one by one, the two factions will have to figure out how best to use the new people to ensure sticking around until the end game. I could see this dividing the tribe more dramatically pre-merger than we've seen in prior incarnations.

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 12:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
>>> the generation gap continues to split loyalties among the young and old

Doesn't this sound like what we already know, that Samburu is dividing up along young/old lines, and Silas (young) is seen as likely (or at least possible) to cross the line and vote with the old block.

JMHO

)O

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
Good point Bebo!! You could be on to something with the Kelly Clarence theory. It would make you think that the tribes are looking to vote one of them off and Samburu wins a 4th. I think Boran will win atleast one. And in E4 it should be time for a mental challenge. Not sure if boran can win the mental challenge, but they would have a better shot with the lack of food and water.

And I also agree, I think that MamaKim is going to be booted this week. People are saying that she will not because of the webpage that is registered. But I can see the new survivors and CBS registering the names before the show because of the problems previous survivors (and the showbiz stars) had with other people buying their names and registering them.

I bet both MamaKim and Litbit were names preshow.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
Sorry for the repetition here, but survivorfever.net lifted this description from a zap2it.com article, but didn't print it in its entirety. Here's the whole article:
The Young and the Untrusted " -- A member of the Samburu tribe cracks under pressure as the generation gap continues to split loyalties among the young and the old, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA, Thursday, Nov. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Meanwhile, two members of the Boran tribe, who are especially nervous about being the next to be voted out of the tribe, make separate attempts to stay in the game. A trip to the watering hole becomes a dangerous standoff with an animal known to be one of the deadliest in the area. A fourth person is voted out of the tribe.

Please note this last sentence. A fourth is voted out of the tribe. Is this a mistake? Did they mean a fourth person is voted out of the game, or do they really mean the tribe? Can we really expect to see four Borans booted in a row?

Fighting illiteracy by day
and writer's block by night

Goldielocks 51 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 04:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
NS, I saw that too, and I'm not sure how to read it. I'm inclined to think that it means a fourth person voted out of the game; however, it could mean exactly what it says. Depends on whether or not you buy into the possibility of one tribe actually losing 4 ICs in a row and the possibility that MB would let this major spoiler leak. I think that I'm going to take it as meaning out of the game.

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 04:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
And, in the Episode 5 previews, they say "a fifth person is voted out of the tribe."

Can they possibly be giving this much away? Or are they just adding to the misinformation by saying "tribe" when they should say "game"? Or is it mis-copied, saying "tribe" instead of "tribes"?

Food for thought. Ought to be a great discussion.

)O

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-24-01, 06:36 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
>Please note this last sentence.
>A fourth is voted out
>of the tribe. Is
>this a mistake? Did
>they mean a fourth person
>is voted out of the
>game, or do they really
>mean the tribe? Can
>we really expect to see
>four Borans booted in a
>row?

This is the last line of every preview for the show (S1 and S2 included). By Episode 12, the preview will read "A twelfth person is voted out of the tribe."

Maybe they should word it as "A fourth person is voted out of a tribe", but I think they're shooting for the tribal feeling.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 09:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
They do use the word tribe every episode. I remember that seeming strange last season.

As for Week 5 "The Twist"...if Boran is already down 4 people, Samburu can afford to off one of the stronger members, so it may be Silas getting the axe which might be a big twist since everyone is counting on him being the swing vote.

This is only fantasy but I'd love to see Tom get caught on his C.B. vote this time around. Picture this: Kim J and Kelly know that Tom vote C.B. every time. The girls could get Clarence to vote with them. They know Clarence knows that Tom votes for him every time, so they can try a "vote with us" and we won't vote against you cuz even in a tie, Clarence would be gone through prior votes. You'd have Ethan and Lex voting the weak female, Tom voting his standard C.B. thinking the rest of the tribe will vote with him, and Clarence and the girls voting for Tom...That I'd love to see!

lakeroost 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-25-01, 09:19 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-01 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

If Tom does get caught and voted off, then Clarence, Kim J and Kelly would be the voting block with the power and that could lead to Lex and Ethan being the nervous members of Boran described in the preview for Ep 4.

10-26-01, 03:36 PM (EST)
15. "CBS.com Ep 4 preview"
Here's the new preview at cbs.com.
Note that two members of Boran has become "certain" members.

With age-group lines drawn at the last Tribal Council, the Samburu tribe discusses the ramifications of what happened, and what's necessary for the future. Will tensions or teamwork between old and young prevail?

Certain Boran tribe members worry that they are vulnerable, but are they all vulnerable when they confront one of the region's most dangerous animals?

One tribe member makes another very uncomfortable during an awkward situation.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-27-01, 03:27 PM (EST)
16. "Dismiss"
I am so intrigued by the Ep 5 "tree mail" preview. I know we've still got Ep 4 to deal with, but humor me.

"Dismiss" - OFG had a great catch with the military implication of that word pointing to Frank. Some other things that strike me: Boot Camp used the term "dismiss" for its voted-out recruits. Survivor sued Boot Camp for copycatting. Could this be a little "in your face" poke at Boot Camp?

Or: "Dismiss" can mean that someone is discharged for wrong-doing. Is someone disqualified for rule breaking or misconduct? Ep 4 says that someone is cracking under the pressure. In Ep 5, does he/she go off the deep end and do something to get "dismissed" from the game by the powers that be, instead of a vote? And what if it happens AFTER the IC, and it's on the tribe that WON the IC? That would be a twist, I think. Or maybe the misconduct involves a physical attack where the offender actually "twists" anothers arm violently

Or: "Dismiss" also means to disregard - for example, a player is making some kind of recommendation or suggestion which is "dismissed" by the others. (Ok, that one is kinda weak)

This season has been a rough one for spoilers so far. Not only is the real game tougher this time, MB is making the spoiling tougher. But I don't think he would make it impossible. As we are seeing all over this board, people are trying to be very creative in deciphering clues. We just are not getting much from preview and Early Show footage this time. There are so many Big Spoiler Brains here - I know that some great clues and patterns are going to be discovered by them! Go BSBs!!!

(BTW - is it possible that the IC and RC in Ep3 were switched at the last minute, in order to give Boran a better chance? The logic that the boulder race would be IC was sound - maybe it originally was the IC and MB changed it when he saw Boran needed a little help.)

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

10-27-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Dismiss"
I like your thinking, DK! Some good possibilities to mull over!
I like the work you did with "dismiss" and I hope we see more, please god, we need some help here.

I've been wanting to mention how the preview of the boulder challenge really did go out of its way to mislead us.
Right after Boran congratulated each other and hugged, they switched to the frame where Boran looks wiped out, the "after" shots they showed in the preview. Can't trust their vidcaps to really tell a story at all when they will find a frame that is misleading. Vidcaps are good for other things, for noticing clues.

As I said somewhere else, they featured Brandon's sneaky cooking (obviously) in the preview, but then we find out from Carl that the OFA never knew about it! So the incident never figured into their bootee choice and misled the hell out of us. Sneaky, evil Burnit/CBS.

Problem is, you can't trust the vidcaps and previews to be misleading either. Sometimes they play straight, so we can't just believe the opposite either. Reminds me of that poisoned switched glasses fake-out game in The Princess Bride between Wallace Shaun and Cary Elwes...
Ex: I expect you to mislead me, but you know I expect that so you might fool me by not misleading me, but you know I might figure that out and so maybe you really are misleading me... ad infinitum!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
19. "Incontheivable!"

September 11, 2001

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-27-01, 04:41 PM (EST)
18. "The Young and The Untrusted"
Looking at "The Young and The Untrusted" and how the text follows:

Another way to look at this is that The Young refers to Samburus dominant alliance (matches first part of text) and The Untrusted refers to the Boran dominant alliance (matches second part of text). The Untrusted - reading Kelly's private interview from sleeeves Survivor Insider clips http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1634.shtml
and also viewing her interview on the CBS site
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/show/episode02/video.shtml
the apparent controlling alliance in Boran is Ethan, Lex, and Tom; and she makes references to each of them specifically as to not knowing if they are telling the truth when they talk about voting. She knows for sure that Tom has lied about who he is voting for on more than one occasion. She has overheard Tom telling Kim negative things about her (Kelly). There really seems to be quite a bit of info between these two interviews with Kelly - I'd like to hear others thoughts on these. Bottom line - there is no clarity from Boran as to who trusts whom, or if anyone even trusts anyone!

The Boran members making "separate" attempts to stay in: the clips reveal that Clarence was afraid he would be voted out Ep 2. So he would still be afraid now, right? Kellys clips indicate she is aware that she is vulnerable - she says she is determined to make it to merge, and that it isn't about making herself out to be more than she is, it's about making sure that others are seen as worse; even if she has to be a jerk. She wouldn't align with Clarence in her attempt, they would be separate. We have seen nothing from Kim indicating she feels vulnerable, but we have from Kelly and Clarence. (as has been noted, this also matches The Young and The Untrusted - but Kelly and Clarence are both young, and youth has not been an issue at Boran the way it has at Samburu. Kelly not being an athlete has been the beef in the clips).

A note re: Kim J. - I see no video of her on the CBS site nor from any of sleeevs SI clips. She is apparently the cook. Kelly overheard Kim and Tom talking, some of it about Kelly. Is Kim in a bit of the "Tina" role right now? Recall that Tina lost the tiebreak in the eating IC and did a mea culpa for it, but wasn't voted out. Kim J. lost the IC too and did the mea culpa, and wasn't voted out. Interesting parallel.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

10-27-01, 05:42 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Young and The Untrusted"
Go Goddess of Words, go...

Good reasoning and info, and thanks for the links. I had read the Insider transcript, but I'm technically unable to view the video? Any high points to quote? Do we know why Boran are worrying so much about the vote? Are they assuming they'll lose?

Tina and Kim--yes, interesting parallel. Tina shows you can get past losing a challenge--although the equivalent challenge in Boran would be the blood, for which Kelly did a mea culpa. Coming back from losing a physical challenge is harder--yet Rodger did it. That was on a team where they could sit Rodger out though, which Boran cannot with Kim.

In retrospect, Tina has told us she and Colby bonded (at around this stage) as kindred, highly competitive spirits. Kim J we know is competitive, but has she bonded with one of the guys? They aren't showing us. Hiding something or nothing to hide?

As to the Young and the Untrusted, I take your point that Kelly's youth has not been a focus, even though she's the youngest one out there. There are certainly different ways to read this--and the Dominant Alliances idea is very clever!

Another way: Theresa could become the Untrusted (by the OFA) in Samburu as the Young seek to pull her to their side.

Whoever the two Borans are that are trying to stay in the game, I'm keeping in mind that doesn't mean one of them is the bootee even if Boran goes to TC. Could be they both succeed in their efforts and someone who fails to see they are on thin ice gets booted. You never know with these previews. How did "The Gods are Angry" help us pick Carl, even in hindsight? I think it pointed us to Lindsey (her "disrespect" of Mother Africa), who of course WON the tiebreaker.

*wonders how the Gods are handling that twist of fate*

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-27-01, 08:36 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Young and The Untrusted"
DK/OFG, I like your thinking as to who constitutes the Young and the Untrusted. I was having a difficult time deciding to which tribe the episode title referred. Now you have me thinking it could apply to both; Kelly and Clarence in Boran AND (instead of OR) the GXA and possibly Teresa in Samburu.

While I don't have access to the Survivor insider clips myself, I have read summaries of the new Episode 3 clips on another board. I don't think the summaries have been discussed here, by sleeeve or anyone else. If they are hidden in one of the threads here, Sorry! MamaKim does some extended commentary on Boran tribal relationships. She mentions that she is close to both Kelly and Lex and is absoluely crazy about Ethan. From Kim's perspective, Clarence is working to redeem himself but remains on the outside of the group. In a seperate clip, Kelly states that the boys are ready to boot anyone but themselves and that Clarence is the target in everyone's head but "it's not clear now." Whatever that means...

The GXA also discuss the decision to boot Carl mentioning that 1) he doesn't need the money; 2) he's been sick (as has Teresa); 3) they wanted to shock the OFA with a surprise selection; and 4) they need Frank for the challenges.

I'm sure sleeeve will summarize the clips in more depth in the next couple of days. On the surface, they seem to provide some valuable information regarding group dynamics within the tribes and often act as a counterpoint to what is televised. I'm not sure how much to trust the information provided. What better place for misdirection than on clips intended for hardcore fans?

One interesting additional comment on MamaKim's clip. She says that while she is just crazy about Ethan, she is concerned about his inability to commit to a possible alliance. Personnaly, I don't buy it. Ethan must know that a solid, committed alliance is the key to long term survival. It's my thinking that Ethan will not commit to an alliance with MamaKim because he has already committed to another. And I'm not so sure this is the T/L/E alliance brought up by Lex in E2.

10-27-01, 11:37 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Young and The Untrusted"
Munson,
Thanks for these insights from the clips! Makes me want to read the whole thing. I wonder if you'd mind posting a link from the other board. I don't think there's a problem with that, is there? Sleeeve? Ice? This is my only board where I like to post and read, but I'll take good informantion from any source.

As for Ethan, I'm sure he knows (intellectually) about the value of committed alliances. (For those who don't scoff at astrology, I posted on the Boran astrology thread in Bashers a week ago or so that I think Ethan would be a natural commitment phobe due to his Gemini moon that doesn't like to be pinned down and he would also have a suspicious nature (Scorpio). Whether he can bring himself to trust in anyone is another matter than convincing himself rationally that he join a specific alliance.

I agree with you that he may simply not want to ally with Kim and is in an uncomfortable position, naturally not wanting to tell her no and send her off to form an alternate alliance.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-28-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The Young and The Untrusted"
OFG,

Here's the link to the thread at EZ

http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=9688.topic

Sleeeve, Ice: If I have violated board rules by posting the link, I plead ignorance and beg forgiveness.

10-28-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The Young and The Untrusted"
Thanks Munson! I am rooting for Kelly to make it to the merge. These clips show her in a reasonably strong position, and Kim too.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-28-01, 05:46 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
I believe that the next bootee is a woman, thanks to Carl's comment about his safari companions. My gut feeling is that it will be from Boran, and it will be Kelly.

I think that MamaKim has a better position than Kelly within Boran. She was the one who brought the paints and suggested dying the nets to win the challenge. As far as the challenges, she did cost the first RC but handled herself well with the tribe afterwards. She was knocked down in the second RC but so were Kelly and Ethan. Kelly was the one who lost the gross food IC, and she is repeatedly called non-athletic. I think MamaKim is in a better place.

I think that Samburu will win the IC, and Lindsey will be a big part of that win. I can see her boasting about it to the point that Linda does her sarcastic "thaaaaaank you". This will piss off the GXA enough to throw the next IC and boot off Linda on purpose, causing the twist that we are to expect.

S2D

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-01, 06:25 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep 4 and 5 previews"
I agree that Linda is being sarcastic in the clip and that Lindsey caused them to win a challenge (or did some work around the camp).

Maybe Boran loses the next two and the "Twist" is that this is the first time that a team will lose 4 members pre-merger. If Boran loses the next two, Episode 5 will be when they would lose their 4th member.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •