The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

quiet1 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail quiet1 Click to send private message to quiet1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Who do you think is primarily responsible for the mess at the Olympics event, Tana or her employees? If you say employees, who in particular?

In my opinion, I think Tana is primarily responsible for the disaster. She was very unorganized the day of the event. There was not delegation of tasks and Tana seemed to assume that things will be taken care of. She did not respect her team. If she utilized her team effectively and had them work to the best of their ability, there would have been less confusion and the event would have been better. Also, Tana did not follow up on what was going on, such as the scheduling and the writing in the brochure. When I compare Tana's team to Kendra's team, Kendra’s team wasn’t that much better, but she respected them, managed them and got everyone working.

The strange thing is, I thought the strongest member of this team was Chris, although we did not see much of him. During this task, his emotions were well controlled. He kept in touch with the committee, identified problems, and knew what needed to be done. He also catered to the needs of the athletes. It was unfortunate that Tana did not appreciate the hard work Chris was putting in for her.

What are your thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Olympic 05-13-05 1
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... TVJunkee 05-13-05 5
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... halfpintlemon 05-13-05 11
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... dreamwrthy 05-16-05 32
 Mark Burnett Angelfood 05-13-05 2
   RE: Mark Burnett ARnutz 05-16-05 25
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... RealityMom 05-13-05 3
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... rtrader 05-13-05 4
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... CattyChat 05-13-05 6
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... rtrader 05-13-05 7
       RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Olympic 05-13-05 8
           RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Fishercat 05-13-05 9
               RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Olympic 05-13-05 13
                   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Fishercat 05-13-05 15
           RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... ARnutz 05-16-05 26
           RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... RealityMom 05-16-05 27
           RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... lucy2 05-16-05 29
 Tana halfpintlemon 05-13-05 10
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... CouchTater 05-13-05 12
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Jadis 05-13-05 14
 Tana thought it went great!!!!!! Bl... Marlewi 05-14-05 16
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... kathliam 05-14-05 17
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... RealityMom 05-14-05 18
       RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... CouchTater 05-14-05 19
       RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Geea7 05-15-05 22
       RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... RyanRS5137 05-16-05 24
       RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... zinnia 05-17-05 35
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Geea7 05-15-05 21
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... lucy2 05-16-05 30
   RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... geg6 05-17-05 36
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Geea7 05-15-05 20
   Stop bashing other posters Bebo 05-15-05 23
       RE: Stop bashing other posters Geea7 05-17-05 33
           RE: Stop bashing other posters Bebo 05-17-05 34
 RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her e... Star67 05-16-05 28
 RE: Seattle PI - business section t... CouchTater 05-16-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Olympic 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Olympic Click to send private message to Olympic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
sorry, but I disagree with you. You can't blame anyone in particular. This impossible task requires more than 4 people to run this pre-Olympic event smoothly. Have you ever been to a major event hosting different sports at once?...you'll notice that there are several employees running the event....

Tana was doing a lot of work. She was hustling around from one event to the other and she was also meeting up with the important people and still there was more work to be done. I don't blame her or her teamates that there were problems to be dealt with.

You can only do so much at a given moment....Tana's job was to survive.

TVJunkee 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVJunkee Click to send private message to TVJunkee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
I'm sorry but from the edited version of what we saw last night, Tana came off as an arrogant, condescending, ingrate who was oblivious to everything beyond the tip of her own nose kind of person. Yes, she was doing a lot of running around but that was a lot dog chasing his own tail running. Who in their right mind would tell the GOVERNOR of the largest and arguably most important city in the WORLD to have a donut and wait in his limo till she is ready for him??????? And why-oh-why would you not proofread the fact sheet before it went out to press? That was just plain negligent, if her opinion of her teammates/"employees" was so low why in the hell would you trust Kristen with any real responsibility? She should have had her (Kristen) out there hanging banners with the other two "stoogies." It only takes ten minutes to get a red sharpie and go over that flyer copy. Tana dropped the ball on a number of issues and while everyone makes mistakes including Kendra, the problem is not realizing the mistakes, that makes Tana a poor choice for the job. She declared herself as the "Next Apprentice " in front of a group of people and never even stopped to check out the looks of disbelief and destine on their faces. She has character flaws that are borderline sociopathic. She lost and I can't wait tell she hears The Donald tell Kendra You're Hired!

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-05, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Unfortunately for her, she didn't survive.

dreamwrthy 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamwrthy Click to send private message to dreamwrthy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
While there were only 4 people from the show on Tana's team, you'll remember she had at least three people helping her that were part of the Olympic NYC committee. Remember the lady who brought up the brochure? Tana had more help than just Kristen, Brian, and Chris.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-13-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Mark Burnett"
and casting.
and the editors.
and tana.
and kristin.
and myself for watching most of this season, after saying last season that i was done.
etc, et al.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-05, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Mark Burnett"
Ditto!

Especially this: and myself for watching most of this season, after saying last season that I was done.

... and this is what I'm saying to myself now, but sadly, it's like a car accident and I'll probably watch again just to see if there are any injuries.

A J Slice original © 2004

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Didn't Trump in his recap last night, refer to all the teammates as "the most difficult" candidates? So, how each PM handled her team was crucial. I think that Tana is the most at fault. She showed absolutely no respect for any of them and she didn't give them a chance from the first second. Giving someone the responsiblity of getting lunch is certainly spelling out how you feel. She draw a very sharp line between herself who she called "the executive" and her "employees". She did nothing to make them want to help her and since she came off so badly, I don't think that these people even cared about redeeming themselves which is what most of us posters thought would be the saving grace. She looked far worse than they did.

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rtrader Click to send private message to rtrader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
how each PM handled her team was crucial. I think that Tana is the most at fault. She showed absolutely no respect for any of them and she didn't give them a chance from the first second.

Have to agree with you here. No doubt Tana's challenge seemed to be the most labor intensive (compared to Kendra's which was held in a much smaller, and more easily controlled venue). I think Tana's best chance for success would have revolved around giving your employees a second chance, and micromanaging the critical tasks (like Bill did during Season 1). I was surprised that Tana did not even bother to review Kristen's flyer before sending it off to the printers (she probably should have also done periodic checks while Kristen was working on it). Although the American flag did not seem critical at first, Tana should have done some creative thinking and devised one (note how the cameras took shots of the one overhead) for Gov. Pataki, since having the American flag was a big deal to him and to Trump.

She draw a very sharp line between herself who she called "the executive" and her "employees". She did nothing to make them want to help her and since she came off so badly, I don't think that these people even cared about redeeming themselves which is what most of us posters thought would be the saving grace. She looked far worse than they did.

I think you summed it up well. Given the task's complexity, Tana pretty much loss it with her overall attitude toward her team. She didn't respect or trust them, and she wouldn't properly motivate, delegate, and review her team's tasks. She tried to do almost everything herself, and that approach could not work for a task over such a large area with all of the different people (sponsors, dignitaries, and athletes) involved.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Have to blame Tana overall on this one. She is a very likable person, but I do not believe she is at all cut out for the next apprentice. Her weaknesses showed through last night.

She is, basically, a self-employed (very successful) mom/wife from the midwest. She does not have the experience of managing & directing employees, dealing with high-stress situations, working into the wee hours to get the job done, etc, etc. She is not cut out for a Trump-style business world. I think she would be very unhappy if she did become the next apprentice when the reality of it sets in.

Personally, I am surprised she is in the final two -- based only on her lack of managerial/big business/professional skills. If she had those skills, she would have been able manage the project and her team well. They liked her and wanted to help her win, she just had her mind made up from the get-go that she would blame them if there were any problems and she would play the martyr. That doesn't cut it in the business world and comes off very unprofessional -- as Carolyn noted.

I agree that Chris had his act together and he really surprised me -- especially that he kept his cool while being berated by Tana in front of everyone. She should have trusted him and let him take charge and given him more responsibility.

I don't know what's up with Kristin and that brochure. Sabotage? Intentional? Or is she just playing with half a deck?

I think Tana's biggest mistake is that she should be on the Martha Stewart Apprentice. That's her world -- creativity, be-dazzlers and unlimited optimism.

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rtrader Click to send private message to rtrader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

I don't know what's up with Kristin and that brochure. Sabotage? Intentional? Or is she just playing with half a deck?

I don't think it was deliberate. Actually, the more I think about it, I think Tana had the most faith in Kristen which is probably why she gave her the responsibility for doing the brochure. Tana's critical mistake here is not doing what most managers would do in this situation, which was to review the final product before sending it out. Looking at Kristen's background, I don't think doing the brochure would be her core competency anyway. Kristen is also a very rough around the edges type of person, so it probably didn't bother her to keep those unflattering comments about the athletes (just my opinion).

05-13-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Olympic Click to send private message to Olympic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
I thought it was deliberate. Tana gave Kristen the task to make the brochure which turns out to be a disaster. Why would Kristen do such a thing? She probably doesn't like Tana and doesn't care if she fails this final task. In addition, I do feel that Tana may not have had enough time to proof read the brochure since she was already over loaded with other priorities.

Tana was in jeopardy from the start....

1) even if you do give Tana the very best of Street Smarts which was John, Angie, Craig instead, they would still be unable to finish their work.

2) Ideally, 10 to 15 workers would be needed to run this operation smoothly.

3) Tana had a much harder task in comparison to Kendra since she had to coordinate with the athletes, other important people and the crowd. I thought it was only fair that Tana would have her task judge after Kendra which would have given Tana more time to get things organize.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Didn't she and Kendra also have a set of employees under the Apprentice level contestants? I mean

Executive: Tana
Employee Tier 1: Chris, Kristen, Brian
Employee Tier 2: Various 2012 employees

I will be watching it later for summary purposes, but I could have sworn she had a group of people in those shirts to help, at the least, with basic setup. I know Kendra had workers that built the boxing set-up for the competition.

I could be wrong of course, but she had to have more than four people.

However, I agree that Tana's task was a LOT more difficult and I'm surprised it was first.

A generous Icecat donation

05-13-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
>However, I agree that Tana's task
>was a LOT more difficult
>and I'm surprised it was
>first.

10:30 AM : Tana task begins

as early 6:00 PM : Kendra's task begins

Kendra, who had an easier task, had about 8 hours extra more time to finish her Fight Night 2 task.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-05, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Assuming the times you posted are correct (I have no reason to dobut them, it's logical as it was night in NY at the game competition and they said they only had a few hours to prep at the Olympics), that is quite unfair to Tana. Simply switch around the times, it could be a lot different. I would have preferred Mr. Trump to do them on different days, maybe even at completely separate times. Such as start Tana's on Day A, end it on Day B, then start Kendra's on Day C to Day D, with the same amount of time.

A generous Icecat donation

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 07:42 AM (EST)

I thought it was deliberate. Tana gave Kristen the task to make the brochure which turns out to be a disaster. Why would Kristen do such a thing?

I agree it was deliberate, but I had the thought when it happened that Kristin is just not creative enough to come up with blurbs about the athletes on her own and therefore just used what was written. She probably sat there and took the lazy way out and said "I don't care". Don't forget she had stuff to say about Tana the episode before when she & Chris couldn't find a parking space to get to the meeting.

ETA: The responsibility falls on Tana here too because she should have known she had to make time to proofread it.

A J Slice original © 2004

05-16-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
On the extra video footage, Trump tells Tana that Kristin thinks she's "great"(I think that's the word he used, I saw it before the w/e) to which Tana replied something like "She should". On the actual show, we never saw Kristin feel anything positive for Tana, so what really happened with the brochure is hard to fathom but one thing is for sure, if Tana had proofread it, which she definitely should have, it would never have been an issue.

lucy2 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lucy2 Click to send private message to lucy2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
3) Tana had a much harder task in comparison to Kendra since she had to coordinate with the athletes, other important people and the crowd. I thought it was only fair that Tana would have her task judge after Kendra which would have given Tana more time to get things organize.

You don't really know that from watching this episode. She had so many other people there helping her besides the "3 stooges". And I still don't understand the whole event. There were no people in the stands (crowd??). Who was this event put on for? Tana was unorganized, only wanted to handle the "important" people and expected everything else to just fall into place. Who in their right mind would leave the GOV. of New York waiting outside for 30 minutes?? She didn't proof the program..unreal! She didn't want to be bothered. She wants to take credit for the good stuff and blame everyone else for the bad. She had no respect for her team, yet expected them to bow down to her "the executive", "the boss". Truly pathetic performance. Not only should she NOT be the next Apprentice, she shouldn't be representing Mary Kay or any other large Corporation. Maybe she should go back to school and finish up that 4th year of college and maybe hang around for 4 more!

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Tana"
Tana. Tana was the leader, and the task failed. It's Tana's fault.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
I agree with you. Tana is responsible. I felt that for one she didn't take care of one of the most important parts of the event and that was to make sure that the Olympic 1012 sponsors could rely on her. They kept coming to her asking her what's going on and she could never give a straight answer. Not only that, what about Gov. Pataki? She constantly put him on hold telling his assistant he can wait. WTF?

Her condescending attitude toward her team totally got in the way of things running smoothly. Chris was really trying to be on her side and help her, yet she constantly slammed her team to anyone that would listen.

She was totally unorganized. The first thing she should have done is figure out the schedule, make sure everyone knew what it was and then put one person in charge of making sure it happened. I suspect that she probably went to bed early the night before instead of staying up and making sure that the programs were all right and that everyone understood their function. As far as I'm concerned she left her team hanging, and then when they took over, she bi*ched and blamed them for everything that was going wrong. Just as Carolyn stated.

She could not control her team. She came in and told the boys that Kristen said that they were doing the banners wrong, and then she turned to Kristen and said that boys were complaining about her. HUH? Just tell them what to do! You're the boss.

Through all of her smiling and niceness, she's an arrogant person who's totally not in touch with what needs to be done, and how to get people to work together.

Oh and another thing... I would never work for someone like Tana. Someone who thinks they are above the people that are working under them doesn't deserve any respect. I would work for Kendra any day any time and do what ever was needed.

Jadis 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadis Click to send private message to Jadis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
I'd have to say it was Tana's fault they lost.

At the core of each task in the apprentice is basic event management. (And why DT feels like Event Management skills will better serve his corporate employees is beyond me - I guess he is looking for grace under pressure?)

I have personally put together trade shows and major events like this - with only 1 or 2 key support people. To be honest - when you have too many cooks in the kitchen - you spend more time babysitting than working. (Especially if you have trauma and drama people on your team.) True - I had more than 1 day to plan for my events - but once you get on site there is a limited list of about 20 things you need to handle. Basically - you have to run at full speed for 24-48 hours - if you're not capable of that - you shouldn't be in events.

No excuse for not proofing the brochure - period. I don't care who you put in charge - it's your show - your call on the text. Pure sabotage on Kristen's fault - no one is that dense to print such negative comments. And who's the person that provided that prep sheet - I'd fire them too!

As for the banners - I have to agree with the boys over Kristen on that one. Yes, banners should go up in the correct places - but when the clock is ticking its more important to get the banners up than to rearrange them 1/2 through the game.

As far as the schedule - that should have been the first thing decided! How do you run a major event without a timeline? How do you not know off the top of your head when the event is starting - when you need the key players? That's information you should know as well as your birthdate and your social security number - IMHO!

Leaving the Governor in the dark - unacceptable. Not acknowledging the aides frustration and working to make the aide feel like you are solving the situation - unacceptable.

The only thing she did well was keep her positive energy up. No matter what anyone said - she kept on as if the event was going smoothly. To most of the participants - the event probably felt like a success. It's the internal team that knew it was a disaster.

She had only the tip of the iceberg - can you imagine if she was in charge of the whole event? What about security? Facilities? Permits? Travel arrangements for the athletes? Hiring translaters for the athletes? Lining up the corporate sponsors? Coordinating the volunteer staff? There were so many parts of that event handled for her it was laughable.

I really didn't mean to be so harsh on Tana, she's a likeable gal - but she's just not cut out to run that type of event. Just my 2 cents...

Marlewi 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Marlewi Click to send private message to Marlewi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Tana thought it went great!!!!!! Blame Tana!!!"
Do not forget, Tana thought the event went great!!

She did not think it was a disaster, so she has to be the only one to blame.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-05, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
First, may I offer a welcome to all the new posters I see on the board today! Welcome aboard (no pun intended).

Tana absolutely is responsible for the mess at the Olympics. I agree with what Janis said about the day-of-event. First of all, Tana and crew certainly did not want into an empty Chelsea Pier and organize the 2012 Olympic event from scratch. Months and months of preparation were already in place. The task Tana and her other Apprenti (Apprentices? never sure the plural) had was to make sure the event site was ready to go. I started to go into a long discussion on the specific, individual tasks which Tana's team who have been responsible for, but they've been discussed and it would be redundant. Suffice to say 90% of the planning for this task was completed before they walked into Chelsea Pier.

Like Janis, I have a large fundraising event which I plan every year. Yes, months of planning go into the event, but the day before and day of event is when we run our butt$ off. The 6 hours before the guests arrive I'm walking around like a maniac with my clipboard checking to make sure everything is done. Yes, I delegate many tasks and yes, I trust things will be done as I've asked but yes, I always check to make sure.

Tana's primary failure is that (as far as we saw via editing) she delegated tasks to her team, and showed no interest in hearing any feedback from them or fielding any of their questions. At one point Kristen came in with an update on something (water bottles, I think) and Tana waved her off and made a 'don't bother me with that' face when Kristen left. What paperwork was Tana working on right then if not the brochure?

I have a gut feeling that Tana started this task believing she was already the Apprentice and convinced she could not lose to Kendra, and as a result did not pay attention to the task as she has in the past. She took her eye off the ball. Kendra, on the other hand, never lost sight of her goal.

BTW, I snorted all over my monitor when Tana was standing there telling Bruce Jenner he was talking to the next Apprentice. First of all, Bruce Jenner is one scary dude. Second, I'm sure he's looking at her thinking WTF?

05-14-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Hi, Kathliam,
I think the point you make about Tana going into this task believing she'd already won is both interesting and may be another example of the same smug attitude she had when she had immunity during the Pontiac task. Her confessional that she wasn't in jeopardy (but in her own language ) so why worry or go that extra mile may have deluded her once again. Whether you're immune or not, you're judged for every task- you can't get fired but how you perform is certainly noted. Now, how she did was critical and if it were anyone else, I think I'd find it hard to believe that he/she wouldn't give it everything they've got. As Kendra said, this is their moment, it does all boil down to this. But Tana seems so lacking in self-awareness and since she seems to believe that the task went really well, maybe she did take "her eye off the ball" or in this case, the Olympic rings (not to mention the flag and the brochure!)

05-14-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
>>>I think I'd find it hard to believe that he/she wouldn't give it everything they've got.<<<

I think that Tana felt that she did go all out and that she basically did it all single handedly. As the editing shows, she was working hard. She wasn't slacking. I think she just wasn't organized, and she was in way over her head.

And I think you're right, she is lacking in self-awareness. I was really in shock that there was absolutely no humbleness on her part towards anyone else who helped make that even happen.
Instead, she was running around asking, "where are the compliments" or something to that effect. Helloo? The fact that she didn't notice any of the incredulous looks by Pataki's guy, and the 2012 sponsors, also tells me how out of touch she was. I even felt that people weren't buying into her false smile and that ever-present upbeat attitude, which usually works to cover up her ineptitude.

Geea7 23 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Geea7 Click to send private message to Geea7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
Whether you're
>immune or not, you're judged
>for every task- you can't
>get fired but how you
>perform is certainly noted.

True, plus if you think about it, the fact is that how they do on the tasks is supposed to represent Mr. Trump to whatever organization/sponsor - like Pontiac, for instance. True, if Kendra had done it all herself and then sucked and gotten fired, Tana would still be in the running, but then how would Mr. Trump look to Pontiac if he had two teams presenting totally sucky brochures? But Tana didn't give a sh*t about that, all she cared about was trying to snuff out Kendra, since she knew Kendra was real competition for her. That is completely self-centered and unprofessional, to say the least.

RyanRS5137 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyanRS5137 Click to send private message to RyanRS5137 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 01:23 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 01:23 AM (EST)

> I think the point
>you make about Tana going
>into this task believing she'd
>already won is both interesting
>and may be another example
>of the same smug attitude
>she had when she had
>immunity during the Pontiac task.

I'm glad someone finally brought this up. Tana's remarks during the Pontiac task left a lasting impression in my mind that she simply didn't have what it takes. For each and every task, the welfare of your reputation as well as that of your team is at stake -- whether you're personally immune or not -- and you'd better be willing to bust your a** to ensure that it's a success. And what did Kendra do the very next week (Staples Task) after she almost single-handedly won herself immunity? She busted her a** off again, teaming up with Tana to conduct the all-important focus group AND coming up with the initial concept for the new product. And while Kendra did check out during the Home Depot task -- as did Tana and everyone else on Magna, in a large part due to Craig's inability to communicate effectively -- she readily gave credit to Craig for a hard-earned victory and admitted unequivocally that she had been wrong in not supporting him -- something I didn't hear anyone else do (may have been due to editing, but it's beside the point). Like her or not, Kendra is ready and willing to put herself on the firing line in order to achieve victory for both herself and her team. And as an employee, that's the type of boss I want.

zinnia 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zinnia Click to send private message to zinnia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
>>>Tana seems so lacking in self-awareness <<<

Her judgement does seem to be off. When she and Craig were traded to Magna, Tana declaired that they were the two strongest players at Networth. I think Tana was certainly one of the strongest players on that team, but Craig got by only by flying under the radar and dumb luck.

I have to say, until Tana and Kendra split up, I wasn't totally sure who was coming up with the marketing and consumer surveys. My guess is that Kendra would quietly suggest something and Tana, bright girl that she is, would totally embrace the idea and honestly forget where the idea originally came from.

I still am surprised at Tana's distain for Kendra's business savvy...but I think she probably let Craig's views poison her own.

05-15-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Geea7 Click to send private message to Geea7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
>Tana's primary failure is that (as
>far as we saw via
>editing) she delegated tasks to
>her team, and showed no
>interest in hearing any feedback
>from them or fielding any
>of their questions. At
>one point Kristen came in
>with an update on something
>(water bottles, I think) and
>Tana waved her off and
>made a 'don't bother me
>with that' face when Kristen
>left. What paperwork was Tana
>working on right then if
>not the brochure?

She didn't just make a "don't bother me with that" - she made a remark, something to the effect of "get the f* out of here", which Kristin was supposedly not supposed to hear, but even the fact she was idiotic enough to say it on camera was pretty pathetic.

lucy2 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lucy2 Click to send private message to lucy2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
BTW, I snorted all over my monitor when Tana was standing there telling Bruce Jenner he was talking to the next Apprentice. First of all, Bruce Jenner is one scary dude. Second, I'm sure he's looking at her thinking WTF?

ROFLMAO!!!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
You are exactly right, kath. I, too, have planned large events and your thoughts and experience mirror mine. Tana has no idea how to work in a team, how to inspire people to do their best, and very little awareness of her own capabilities.
The clueless hubris she displayed in the episode is not something anyone I know in the corporate world would want from an executive (however junior) in their organizations. I have noticed little things in other tasks in which an action or quote from Tana gave me a hint of this (the brochure task and the t-shirt task immediately come to mind) and made me take pause. But her implosion into complete incompetence somewhat surprised me. Ah, the wonders of editing. Mark Burnett HAD to find a way to explain her being in the final two and only let those hints air.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

05-15-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
>
>What are your thoughts?

I think you said it well - my thoughts exactly.

Of course, I can bet that the mindless Tana supporters will disagree, lol.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Stop bashing other posters"
Please read our community guidelines - posters are allowed to express different opinions without being insulted. You do not have the right to call posters mindless just because their opinion differs from yours.

05-17-05, 08:51 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Stop bashing other posters"
>Please read our community guidelines -
>posters are allowed to express
>different opinions without being insulted.
> You do not have
>the right to call posters
>mindless just because their opinion
>differs from yours.

I just noticed this here and have to say that I don't see how you can say that I was bashing anyone. Who did I bash, then? I wasn't referring to anyone HERE. Even if I had been, I wasn't "bashing" anyone since I didn't direct this specifically to someone anyway. I was simply commenting on the fact that I HAVE seen people who are so mindlessly in support of Tana that they twist the facts around to mean what they want it to mean.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Stop bashing other posters"
Do not refer to Tana supporters as being "mindless". A number of posters think that you are referring to them, since they are Tana supporters, and they do not wish to be characterized as such.

Talk about the show, not the people who watch the show.

If you have any other questions about our guidelines, please contact a moderator through email or PM so that the discussion forum can stay focused on the show.

Star67 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Star67 Click to send private message to Star67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Who do you blame, Tana or her employees?"
I was appalled at Tana's behavior. She was blowing off the Governor's assistant, because she didn't know what to do, and was rather rude in my opinion. And no American Flag? She assumed it was in the box? Assumed? A professional checks over every aspect before it becomes legit. Her answer to everything was along the lines of, "well, sh*& happens, we'll deal with it"...NO, that's not how you "handle" things - the way she dealt with the whole Governor/brochure problem was awful. If I were Donald and saw that footage - she wouldn't even have a prayer! I think Tana is trying to "be like" Donald, especially at the end of the episode where she waited for her "employees" to leave because the boss should never associate with the underlings, etc. - is she out of her mind? She doesn't have a clue about what it is to be professional. She's not even there yet and she has an attitude. When you're good, maybe you can get away with attitude. When you're a mess, you look like a desperate egomaniac. I liked her until this episode. If Donald hires her, he's making a huge mistake. If she thought the people assigned to her were so bad - she should have been overseeing everything down to the last detail. If I were assigned "the three stooges", like she called them - you'd be assured that first of all, I'd inspire them to want to help me, no matter how much I disliked them or how incompetent I thought they were - you do get more bees with honey than you do with salt (or whatever that expression is), and second I'd double check everything that they did. Unbelievable. Sorry I ranted so much but I am still in shock over the whole thing. She reminded me of a bobblehead - yes, oh, everythings ok, we're on it - puleeze! Boy I feel better now.

05-16-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Seattle PI - business section take on the Apprentice"
Every Monday the Seattle Post Intellegencer has an analysis of the Apprentice as it pertains to business. I find them very interesting. Here is the link if you want to read it yourself.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/224367_apprentice16.html

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •