The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What took her so long?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-02, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What took her so long?"
'Big Brother' contestant sues CBS
By JOHN POWELL -- Jam! Showbiz

Former "Big Brother 2" contestant Krista Stegall is suing CBS over last season's highly publicized "knife incident".

Richard Burgess of Louisiana's Daily Advertiser newspaper reports that Stegall, a single mother and current Lafayette radio personality, is seeking "unspecified damages" from CBS Broadcasting in the law suit.

In the filing, Stegall claims that Justin Sebik -- the male contestant who held a knife to her throat during a night of reported heavy drinking in the "Big Brother 2" house, asking her if she would be upset if he killed her -- should never have been permitted to participate in the show due to his alleged past arrests on assault charges.

Stegall also claims that CBS did not provide proper psychological counseling to help her deal with the incident.

"By failing to do a proper background, check they placed all of the house guests, including Krista, in danger," Stegall's attorney, Clayton Burgess, told The Daily Advertiser.

A spokesperson for CBS Broadcasting told JAM! Showbiz the lawsuit has "no merit" and that the studio is prepared to defend against it in a "vigorous" manner.

For his actions, Sebik was removed from the "Big Brother 2" game. "Big Brother" producer Arnold Shapiro issued a statement following the banishment, saying "Justin's behavior crossed the line of tolerable and acceptable behavior, and was a blatant violation of the house rules we established. As much as we like Justin, we really had no choice but to expel him from the house."

A short time after the incident, Sebik, a bartender from New Jersey, told "Big Brother" host Julie Chen in an interview that he and Stegall were just joking around.

"If there's anyone that can perceive that as an act of violence or as a threat then you're an idiot, all right, and I don't know what the hell you're watching and I don't know what kind of glasses you're looking through," he said.

When Stegall was eventually voted out of the game in August of last year, she told "Early Show" host Hattie Kauffman that she has no memory of the incident that prompted "Big Brother 2" producers to remove Sebik from the show in July.

"When Julie asked me about this, I had no recollection of what she was talking about because we were basically joking around," Krista said. "They (the producers) blew that completely out of proportion. Justin is just a fun guy. I really don't have the memory of the knife. Maybe my eyes were closed at the time, but I never viewed him as a threat. So it wasn't part of my strategy. I just didn't remember it," Stegall said to Kauffman.

In the "Big Brother" show, contestants must remain in a house on the CBS Studio in California for three months without contact with the outside world.

The "Big Brother" house is outfitted with 38 cameras and 62 microphones, which record the lives of the 12 contestants 24 hours a day for three months. The goings-on are broadcast on TV as well as on the Internet.

Each week the contestants vote one of their own out until just two are left. The final surviving House Guests are then subjected to a final vote. During that vote, the banished House Guests return to pick the winner.

This year's edition of the show debuts on Wednesday, July 10 at 9 p.m. ET on CBS. An episode will then be broadcast each Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday for the next three months.

Here's the link... http://www.canoe.ca/JamBigBrother3/jul3_bigbrother_can.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What took her so long? LadyT 07-03-02 1
 RE: What took her so long? SurvivorBlows 07-03-02 2
 RE: What took her so long? SkyRaider 07-04-02 3
   RE: What took her so long? CSHS79 07-05-02 4
       RE: What took her so long? BMH 07-05-02 5
 RE: What took her so long? Ronnet 07-05-02 6
   RE: What took her so long? Red Lady 07-05-02 7
   RE: What took her so long? LadyT 07-05-02 9
 RE: What took her so long? Kokoro 07-05-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-02, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What took her so long?"
What a piece of crap!

Krusta, you don't even remember the incident!!! What the hell are you suing them for? Your fifteen seconds are up, go back to the hole you crawled out of. You are a sorry excuse for a person. Come out of that alcoholic phase and join a 12 step program.

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What took her so long?"
I just added this to our news pages on http://www.realitytvworld.com and http://www.bigbrotherbites.com

...I also tracked down the original newspaper article and linked to that as well, it has some additional info in it not covered above.

-SB

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-04-02, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What took her so long?"
Krusta was so zonked out on Nyquil that she wouldn't have known - nor cared - if she got boffed by an elephant. Guess she filed the law suit in just under the one year allowed, huh? "Emotional distress!" What a whore!

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-05-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What took her so long?"
Plain and Simple Krista filed suit once any hope of being on the
Amazing Race was extinguished.As long as she had hopes of further
cashing in on another CBS reality show off she wasn't about to file suit,once it was gone it was lawyer time.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-05-02, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What took her so long?"
I definitely agree with you on that one..but I dont think Krista got any money from Big Brother because she was kicked off right in the middle..I thought the only people that got money were Nicole and of course Will..but if you are talking about publicity and appearances than yes.

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-05-02, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What took her so long?"
Maybe she had to first learn how to read and write.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-05-02, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What took her so long?"
And what about "the-luv-of-her-life" Belly...
Krista was able to milk her extra 15-min already w/ the marriage proposal and the follow-ups on their "relationship".

She must be one loony cajun to think any of the viewing audience believed she was traumatized by the knife incident. She looked like she was playing along IMHO.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-02, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What took her so long?"
Oh so true Roni!!!

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-05-02, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What took her so long?"
Oh my heck y'all - I can't believe you're saying such nasty things about "America's Sweetheart"!

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •