The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

hattiebaker 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-28-02, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hattiebaker Click to send private message to hattiebaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
Bashers right?

She has not actually done anything that clever or survival-oriented, yet believes she is smart and an essential and strong team member. Where does she get this idea? It makes her come off as arrogant and transparent.

Maybe in Taiwan those chicken heads are a delicacy, but this is an American-produced show, for members of an American culture, who by and large, think eating the guts of anything is gross. Those other people around you are also Americans. Ever heard of discretion? When in Rome?

She complains often, yet accomplishes nothing. She did not gather squid, but bitched that Stephanie was putting them in the wrong pot. She was not shown attempting to fish, yet she found fault with other's meager harvest. She called the banana police even though she did not participate in the dummy-carrying challenge.

Maybe someone should remind her that "to kick butt" in America anyway, usually means to not only win the challenges, but to participate in them as well. She sat out for 2 or 3. The ones she was in were a bust. Nice math and logic skills on the 21 flag puzzle. She would not be considered smart in my circle of friends, and we are jackasses. At least we can solve a logic puzzle. Nice temple building and nice follow-up complaining. Anyone who says "she meant to throw it" does not understand competition very well. No one takes a dive. No one. You are giving her too much credit. Like she could have affected the outcome of any challenge so far.

Calls herself a "she-devil" What hokey, tired, Christian, imagery subjugated to create an emotionally self-imposed, self-hating moniker. Yet, she still thinks she is entitled. Lame.

She is an immature girl with the commensurate issues of a spoiled teen-ager. She is to me the most unpleasant survivor this season.

As a girl, she is wretched. She has a terrible body and a scowling face. I bet her breath is chicken-gut fresh too.

Skank.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant fivestarwheezy 10-28-02 1
   RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant Ra_8secs 10-29-02 6
       RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant OceanSkater 10-29-02 12
       RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant fivestarwheezy 10-29-02 14
           Blushing Ra_8secs 10-30-02 17
   considered hattiebaker 10-29-02 10
       RE: considered fivestarwheezy 10-29-02 13
       RE: considered Ra_8secs 10-30-02 15
           good company hattiebaker 10-30-02 18
 RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant OceanSkater 10-28-02 2
   RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant ShowMeTheWinner 10-29-02 11
       RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant Ra_8secs 10-30-02 16
 RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant Bucky Katt 10-28-02 3
 Finally SaphireLady 10-28-02 4
 RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant lionsroar 10-29-02 5
 RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant managerr 10-29-02 7
   RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant wildchickenhunter 10-29-02 8
 RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant dabo 10-29-02 9
 RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant Loree 10-30-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-28-02, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
>Maybe in Taiwan those chicken heads
>are a delicacy, but this
>is an American-produced show, for
>members of an American culture,
>who by and large, think
>eating the guts of anything
>is gross. Those other people
>around you are also Americans.
>Ever heard of discretion? When
>in Rome?
>

Hattiebaker,
while I agree with some of your other points you make (although I am not nearly as angry as you seem to be), the above quote does not apply. America is a melting pot, a beautiful (ideally) mix of different cultures, and I for one learned something very interesting on "chicken morning"...that if I were faced with eating delicacies or starving, I choose the eating. Also, chicken liver and heart are very flavorful and I always cook them with the chicken to add flavor to it (though I would probably not boil the friggen thing, but that's a different thread). Maybe I will actually try eating them next time. I believe Robb looked the fool by making such a fuss about it.

BTW, Shii-Ann is still playing the game. She must be doing something right.

5*Wheez
3rd generation American (only)
with roots all over the place and weird customs too,
and have you had the joy of seeing "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" yet?
Wheezer

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-29-02, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
scanned a few of your posts, 5star,

Good thoughts. While I do think Shii-Ann is an evil she-devil, all her negatives have been in confessionals, not before her tribe and other Survivors. Smart ones have multiple faces. She may have thrown the the IC on the flags (you just have to think in fours, and SJ wone the beginning, therefore the game, if they played right). But the editing seemed to show she missed it.

Unfortunately, I have a story-arc theory that says either Shii-Ann, kenn, or Jan are gone. I think previous to the booting show, the bootee is given exceptional air time, whether neg or pos. While I believe Shii-Ann is the outsider, I think Ken gets booted.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-29-02, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-02 AT 09:44 PM (EST)

I have the same feeling you do about Shii Ann, Ken or Jan being the next to go. Shii Ann's boot would give me great pleasure, but Ken's boot makes more sense. But what really makes sense in that vortex of evil?

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

10-29-02, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 00:03 AM (EST)

>Unfortunately, I have a story-arc theory that says either Shii-Ann, kenn, or Jan are gone. I think previous to the booting show, the bootee is given exceptional air time, whether neg or pos. While I believe Shii-Ann is the outsider, I think Ken gets booted.>

I Agree, bunny. (your sig pics remind me of the book Watership Down by Adams...I like them. anyhoo...) Shii Ann is a puzzle. Everybody wants her off (or so they imply), but I believe it will be Ken (who I really liked until today when I saw that goofy photo of him on spoilers). Shii is playing a smart game (Jed implied in his interview today that he didn't know of all her backstabbing ways, which means she is playing smart IMHO) but I can hardly stand her evil grin after every tribal council. That attitude will get her in the end.

Wheezy

P.S. to Ra_8secs--thanks for teaching me italics and bold the other day...'preciate it *blush*

10-30-02, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Blushing"
, 5*wheezy

Bunny's son gave me that grazing, winking bunny .gif.

And you're welcome, but the whole crowd helped out with the html commands lesson. use square brackets here instead of angels. but I don't mess too much with color and html stuff here.

10-29-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hattiebaker Click to send private message to hattiebaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "considered"
I am hearing you. Let me clarify.

I was only trying to come across as playfully contentious, not angry. I realize that she is a real person, but I will never meet Shii-Ann; she is a character in a story on a TV show to me.
Perhaps outside the context of the show she is simply wonderful. Don't know, don't care. Bashing.

For what it's worth, I agree Robb deserved to be booted first.

I am the son of the son of the son of Irish immigrants to the US. Might I assert that while Irish cuisine may be considered delicious in Ireland, mainstream fast-food menus here in the states do not yet feature blood puddings, tar-tar, or beet soup (I could have inserted whisky here to diss my peeps, but you'll make your own jokes anyway, and I don't drink.)

Believe me, there is no part of a chicken that I would be above eating if I were starving. I am sure she was hungry, and the the pollo parts were actually not bad, maybe even extra zesty and good. But she wasn't starving. This game is about surviving the vote of the other people on the show with you. Their votes are unavoidably influenced by their perceptions of each other.

My point was that she should have been "smart" enough to recognize the company around her as mainstream American burger and fry eaters. She should have known that eating what she did, how she did, and when she did would probably elicit a negative reaction from the others. She could have been less visible and less vocal about it.

Everybody is weird. Unless you are a Native American tribe member, everybody's ancestors are either invaders or immigrants in this country. But it seems that if you tout yourself as smart on a national game show, then behave in ways that only appear smart perhaps when applied to a different definition of the word, you have opened yourself up to the slanderous, opinionated criticisms of jack-asses like me.

10-29-02, 11:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: considered"
>Everybody is weird. Unless you are a Native American tribe member, everybody's ancestors are either invaders or immigrants in this country. But it seems that if you tout yourself as smart on a national game show, then behave in ways that only appear smart perhaps when applied to a different definition of the word, you have opened yourself up to the slanderous, opinionated criticisms of jack-asses like me.<

LOL! Very good points! Thanks for the clarification, and apologies if I was too harsh--totally missed it that you were having fun with it.

Wheezy

10-30-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: considered"
Hattie, don't get too riled up about any responses here. I agree with you, mostly. The simplest response for anyone who doesn't have a good argument rebuttal is the personal attack and race card; it happens so often it's daffy duck disssspicable.

We don't know whether eating the innards was explained by Shii-Ann or not. We just saw what MB wanted us to see.

And as for "ownership" of the land," I wouldn't even count Native Americans as indigenous. Didn't they supposedly occupy the land in migration across the Berring sea land bridge? There are other theories. But this isn't the place to get into political polemics.

Oh, re story arc: Shii-Ann has been reasonably steadily given air time this series in a variety of neg and some pos roles, as a PLAYER. Ken began spiking up two weeks ago. He crashes this week.

10-30-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
18. "good company"
Ra_8secs
Thanks for the feedback regarding responses that might have mistaken cultural awareness for racial prejudice.

You sound like an informed an interesting person. I enjoyed your take on the stewardship of the land mass our people currently recognize as North America.

The habitation of the earth by our species is fascinating to me, I pay attention to all the theories and I remain open-minded. The subdivisions of homo sapiens, while initially predicated on geographical boundaries, have become an almost completely stylistic, self-imposed set of behavioral and philosophical criteria. It is all so relative. It is all so silly.

I agree. Although I think Shii-Ann is useless yet arrogant, not even that gross, she is still there. I agree Ken is next to leave, but I think she must not be too far behind. She seems to be an element of misdirection in the strong-male-from-the-opposing-tribe boot episode.

I would not have guessed that from a fanatical group of reality-based-television-show-internet-spoiler-geeks there would emerge so many voices of intelligence and thoughtfulness.

Maybe tv does not rot brain cells as much as I was led to believe...

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-28-02, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
I find Shii Ann absolutly repulsive. She had a great audition tape I must say. As far as her eating in a "gross fashion", my in laws are from Indonesia, and eat gross stuff, but they are more well mannered, even when they eat w/ their hands. She is probably more well mannered as well ,but she was trying to gross out Robb and the others and it worked. If you watch her audition tape she has a segment where she eats out of trash cans, as a spoof, and this was just prolonging and proving that part of herself. So that was a big show.

That siad, she has a lot of fans. "She is strong" and "doesn't take any shit" are fallacies. She in facts walks away from confrontation with a curled up lip as she turns away from the person. She did that to Robb when he screamed "look at my hands". She never went up to him and told him her sentiments, she let them be known to the others and on her confessional. Her not "taking shit " from anyone is smirking or making a face when they turn away.Name ONE argument where she actually had an exchange with anyone? She retreats and slings mud behind their backs.

As far as her being smart......that still has to be proven. She hasn't done anything exceptionaly brilliant. I know this is a strategy game, but a smart person has all to gain by being personable and proving trustworthyness. She has done neither

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
Name ONE argument where she actually had an exchange with anyone?
And quoting Helen, "And where does that get me? It gets me voted off".

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

10-30-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
I agree with you showme,

I think Shii-Ann and Helen are the smartest-playing females, and Jake and Brian the smartest males. They're being couched or compliant or brokers in face-to-face play, but also confident enough to express strategy thoughts in confessionals.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-28-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
You can count me in on the peeps giving Shii Ann the thumbs down. I find her arrogant, smug and full of herself. She thinks she is tough but shys away from confrontation. She thinks she is really smart and then screws up two mental challenges. I won't shed a tear when she gets her torch snuffed.

"So anyway, that Burmese down the hall is avoiding me. I think she's hot for Bucky." BA

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-28-02, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Finally"
WOW a thread I totally agree with. YEAH!!!!!!!! I can not stand this lady. Every single week she is out of one of the two challenges due to no strength. Smart my foot, if she were then she might try proving it. I think the team keeps the cop and Erin out of the thrown challenges because they refused to throw them for ethical reasons, which means that the last mental challenge was not thrown, which also means she is a dummy.

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-02, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
>As a girl, she is wretched.
>She has a terrible body
>and a scowling face. I
>bet her breath is chicken-gut
>fresh too.
>
>Skank.

How do you really feel about Shii-Ann?? Hahaha

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-29-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
Come now! If you were trapped on island with the likes or Robb, Jed, Stephanie, Erin, and Ken--you'd think you were smart too!

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-29-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
Good Point! But you left off Clay, Brian, Jan and of course the brilliant puzzle master herself Ghonoria.

I wonder if you had Ghonoria vs. SH*Tann in that 21 poles puzzle solving contest how many days it would take them to figure it out.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
Shii Devil Rocks! But you are entitled to your opinion, so that's okay. I refuse to make personal assessments of any of those dumbdumbs based on how they act playing a paranoia-inducing back-stabbing cut-throat game of manipulation and deception, but that's just me.

I do think it's a hoot, however, that Robb of all people was the most bothered by Shii Ann's eating habits. Remember Michael in the Outback, he ate every nibble of fish he got his hands on, now that was truly disgusting! Some of that stuff would have made excellent bait, you know.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Shii-Ann is unpleasant"
Yes, I find her unpleasant. And someone I certainly would not want to be stranded on an island with. If she wants to act so wise and cocky in her little speeches to the camera she could at least do it with some humour. But I don't think the girl has a sense of humour. She only has a sense of how much better, smarter and everything she is than the others. This annoys me. She hasn't proved to me any reason she should feel this way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •