Week nine performances have come and gone. Have your feelings of admiration for some or loathing for others been changed? Time to fess up. Who are you digginí and whom would like to help show the door too?
1. Marty Casey (6,4,2,4,1,3,6,2) Ė After tonightís performances, I think Marty may indeed be the frontrunner to win the gig. Loved his slowdown version of Everlong and his original was outstanding. In my week three or four love list, I referred to Marty as Mr. Consistency. Aside from the psycho eyed and mad conductor thing that some donít like, has Marty ever given a rotten performance? To me, no.
2. J.D. Fortune (13,3,7,2,7,7,2,6) Ė Well the JD fans should either be drunk or ready to pee from drinking their JD Kool-Aid after that set. Still donít like the guy but I give credit where it is due.
3. Suzie McNeil (14,8,12,8,6,4,3,3) Ė Was okay but nothing spectacular. The Raitt song was hit and miss at times. Found myself thinking how much better Bonnie sung it. The original was in the bottom of the pack for me. If I heard it on the radio, would change the channel immediately.
4. Jordis Unga (2,1,1,1,2,1,7,1) Ė Yep, my sweet Jordis has been set up as the boot this week and thatís okay. Ole Mark Burnett seems to give fair warning when one of his hero edits is about to take the fall. Wanted her in the finals for my own selfish reasons. To hear more of her! With that said, Iíve heard and seen enough to know that I love the girl and will be purchasing any CD she releases. Clearly her age and inexperience is showing. For raw talent and who has the highest potential ceiling, itís Jordis. Iím sure there are some heavy hitter producers out there who are aching to get their hands on her thoroughbred of a voice. Jordis is a star and Iím thankful to have spent part of my summer watching her talent. Loved the rock-out portion of her original, that was the Jordis I love! We are the Champions was hit and miss. Still holding out hope she wonít be leaving however
5. Mig Ayesa (12,11,4,3,5,2,4,4) Ė Hard to Handle is a great way to describe his performance of it. Such an upbeat song and yet so flat. Second week in a row that his vocals have been exposed. Should have been in the final three last week, will he get it this week? Did enjoy the original and could hear it being played on an adult contemporary radio station. Still shaking my head that some members of INXS gaving praise for Hard to Handle. Are they to close to the speakers and canít hear clearly?
Booted: Ty Taylor (5,7,3,7,3,6,1,5) Ė From my previous rankings, Iíve liked Ty from the start. He seems like a wonderful spirit and genuinely loved by all the contestants. Wish Ty the best in his career.
As always Ö I showed you mine, now you show me yours.