The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"US looked wierd to me"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-08-05, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"US looked wierd to me"
I don't know about anyone else but I found the group performance of the new INXS song wierd. INXS band members appeared old next to the younger performers and the whole thing just didn't appear cohesive. (I can say this because I am older than any of the INXS guys).

Sorry as I am to see Jordis and her beautiful voice leave, I realize it is the best thing for her. INXS would probably just hold her back. The same thing probably applies to Marty and Suzie.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: US looked wierd to me leianawd 09-08-05 1
   RE: US looked wierd to me LaLaLisa 09-08-05 3
 RE: US looked wierd to me zombiebaby 09-08-05 2
 RE: US looked wierd to me dragonflies 09-08-05 4
   RE: US looked wierd to me Loree 09-08-05 5
 RE: US looked wierd to me Tahj 09-08-05 6
   RE: US looked wierd to me fedcamper 09-08-05 7
       RE: US looked wierd to me Tahj 09-08-05 9
       RE: US looked wierd to me triednottowatch 09-08-05 15
   RE: US looked wierd to me triednottowatch 09-08-05 14
   RE: US looked wierd to me riverrocker 09-08-05 17
 RE: US looked wierd to me bystander 09-08-05 8
 RE: US looked wierd to me Shypappy 09-08-05 10
 RE: US looked wierd to me rckrmom 09-08-05 11
   RE: US looked wierd to me dc_betty 09-08-05 12
   RE: US looked wierd to me triednottowatch 09-08-05 16
 RE: US looked wierd to me Loree 09-08-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-08-05, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
I think the holding back applies to all of them. Last night INXS made the comment that it was about their songs and who could do their songs, I sometimes wonder if the new lead singer is going to have any say in any of the band matters and I'm thinking that they either won't have any say or it will be very minimal. I think INXS contradicts themselves in a way because they liked Ty's comment during the interviewing clinic when he said that it wasn't about the past its about the future,yet INXS seems like they want to do what they have been doing with very little changes.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-08-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
I had a different interpretation of what they had to say. Not to nitpick, but they said their "music" not "songs." The reason I make the distinction is that "songs" does sound very concrete, what they have done in the past, what already exists. "Music" sounds more dynamic, evolving, growing.

And when he (Tim?) asked JD where would he take the group musically, I think that showed they are looking forward, to something new and evolving.

I don't think new songwriting would be part of the competition if the band only wanted a singer. I think that's what it comes down to - they don't want a singer, they want a band member, someone who can actually front the band.

I think what happened with Jordis shows that there are lot of talented singers, but not everyone can front a band.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-05, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
I found the group song rather cheesy and very American Idol-like.

At least they did not mention Levi's in the song or choreaograph a dance number with them.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
At first I was all excited to hear them playing, but it was horrible.

Also, did anyone else notice that of the 5 finalists, only Marty didn't get a separate part? MiG at least got to sing some notes on his own at the end.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
Yes Marty was practically invisible. And Suzie seemed to be singing over him.

And who was out front to start it? JD. This really has become the JD show. He gets more press and camera time than INXS. At this point if they don't pick him the media attention may follow JD rather than INXS afterwards.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-08-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
That's cause they are old.

Garry Beers, born 1957, makes him 48
Andrew Farris, born 1959, makes him 46
Jon Farris, born 1961, makes him 44
Tim Farris, born 1957, makes him 48
Kirk Pengilly, born 1958, makes him 47

Moves courtesy of Syren

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-08-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
Yikes- me, born in 1955, REALLY OLD!!
Anyway, when they started playing, I was excited, too, but all I could think about was the debacle that was "We Are the World" and all the ghastly imitations that followed. An interesting novelty, but not very pleasing musically. (Or do any of you young'uns even remember that?) And I have to admit, traitor that I am, that I started to wonder what the house band could have done with it!!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-08-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
Well, I'm even older. I should have said they are old relative to the ages of the contestants.

Moves courtesy of Syren

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
>I started to
>wonder what the house band
>could have done with it!!
>

That's who needs a lead singer - The House Band. Those guys are musical a$$ kickers!

09-08-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-05 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

That's "Garry Garry Beers." LOL

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
Well, as being one who 'pre-dates' ALL of those guys, hmm. I, too, have INXS CDs--finally got rid of the tapes I had --but I was very disappointed in their performance of "Us." And I thought Marty was 'cheated' in the whole thing. At the end, it was just Suzie's voice overriding everyone else's in my opinion.

That house band is FANTASTIC! THEY are "real" rockers; very versatile; VERY talented--we love watching Nate on the drums! They are the ones who need a lead singer--and sign me up to buy THEIR CD!!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-08-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
I agree, the song was dreadful, it made me cringe. Mostly offkey, offtempo, off in general. And, although I like INXS and own several albums (yes that's the good ole LP's), I have this terrible feeling that all the contestants would be better off on their own. This show should give the contestants the publicity/airtime they need to make it on their own.

INXS is starting to seem kinda old-fashioned to me. And to hear them tell one contestant that their slow, meaningful, touching song isn't INXS type of material while they tell another contestant to be more open to other types of music seems two-faced. To see INXS on stage, playing their own songs, rocking out, its slightly embarassing at their age. Am I alone in these feelings. Don't get me wrong, I love INXS and am planning on replacing my LPs with CDs but I gotta wonder how far they can really go into the future, even with this SeeBS revival behind them.

They ain't no Rolling Stones.

Shypappy 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-08-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shypappy Click to send private message to Shypappy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
I dunno...I thought "Us" went really well! It solidified who I think can really pull this off with INXS!

Suzie, and JD both looked and sounded great with the band, while the rest just seemed out of place to me!

rckrmom 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-08-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rckrmom Click to send private message to rckrmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
this is my first post, so please be nice, but I am one veiwer who absolutely loves this show because of the great music and all of the talented performers, but I have thought since day one that whoever wins is probably committing career suicide. I cringe on elimination night, not because someone is going home, but because all the music is INXS music, and I just have never liked this band. I never even considered INXS a rock band, I always thought they sounded more pop, and I never cared for any of their songs. And they indeed do look old compared to the contestants. I am so glad Jordis got booted, because she was the main reason I tuned in every week, I absolutely love her voice, and I cannot wait until we see something from her in the future and just glad it won't be singing with INXS. JD really seems to want the job, so I predict he will win, but comon JD, you are so much better than what they are offering. Sorry to offend anyone, I know there are some die hard fans who really want to see this band make a comeback, I'm just not one of them. (ducking for cover.)

dc_betty 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-08-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dc_betty Click to send private message to dc_betty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
I agree with you rocker mom --- INXS probably does not have much of a chance of having a big career now. I say this mostly because I cannot imagine INXS without MH -- he was such a huge personality. I love old INXS stuff, but hated the US song last night.

I would really love to see a "Behind the Music" on INXS. Has VHI ever done one? If not, us INXS fans should start asking them too.

09-08-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
16. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
I never even
>considered INXS a rock band,
>I always thought they sounded
>more pop,

I would say most of their stuff would best be called "dance rock."

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: US looked wierd to me"
If you go to the Lovehammers site today, all hell is breaking lose and a "Save Marty campaign" is in the works. It seems that watching Marty up there during the song "Us" was the last straw. I think they may try to kidnap him out of the mansion and stick him on a plane back to Chicago. LOL!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •