The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Musings on the next two episodes...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Musings on the next two episodes...."
We now have our vidcap spoilers, the previews at the end of last night's show, and the tv guide spoiler. We suspect 11/21 is a non-elimination episode. So, based, on the evidence to date,
we seem to know:

Festers, Lawyers and F/M go diving.
Festers, Lawyers and F/M and Guidos(?) go climbing.
Festers and Guidos go kayaking.

Seems likely that everyone has to do all three things, and it's some kind of triathalon-type adventure.

I can't see the Guidos, in their 50s, and starting in last place, being able to compete with the other teams in such a physical race - especially F/M and the Lawyers, who are all in good shape.

It also appears that the Guidos arrived in Krabi at dawn, meaning they won't be able to start on the next set of challenges until the evening, a bad time to start diving, kayaking, and climbing. Maybe they will have to wait until the following morning? Rob and Brennan on the other hand will likely start the same day we saw the Guidos arrive.

(And if they get through only part of the challenges that day - what will they do, where will they sleep? It seemed a lot more isolated that many of the other locations)

The voiceover during last night's previews seemed to suggest that the Guidos will catch up somewhat to the Festers.

So maybe we are being set up for a race for third place between the Guidos and Festers on 11/28, and it is one of these two who will be eliminated from the "Final Three".... any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Postable? Canada Girl 11-15-01 1
   RE: Postable? Cole 11-15-01 2
 RE: Musings on the next two episode... TeamJoisey 11-15-01 3
 RE: Musings on the next two episode... Serendipity 11-15-01 4
 RE: Musings on the next two episode... FnMfan 11-16-01 5
   RE: Musings on the next two episode... Cole 11-16-01 6
       RE: Musings on the next two episode... Serendipity 11-16-01 7
           RE: Musings on the next two episode... Loree 11-16-01 9
       RE: Musings on the next two episode... ykchan 11-16-01 8
       RE: Musings on the next two episode... TeamJoisey 11-18-01 10
   RE: Musings on the next two episode... heymikey 11-18-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-01, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Postable?"
Can someone post any new vid caps so we can all have a look and start analysing?

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-01, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Postable?"
I still wish they showed what time each team clocked in. We can deduce it from the next episode, but it'd be nice to see it. All we could tell was that the Lawyers, Frangarita and the Festers arrived at night, but not that late. They had all gone to bed by the time Momily arrived. The Guidos definitely arrived at dawn, as confirmed by CBS.com.

As far as the triathlon-type thing, that looks certain. Guidos wouldn't be able to leave until 5 pm or so, Lawyers and Frangarita maybe around 10 am. Frangarita appeared to check in shortly after the Lawyers, who were still at the pit stop. Neither team was there when the Festers arrived, so I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between them and the Guidos.

The thing that would throw a wrench into the whole analysis is if they have to travel somewhere a few hours to do all these things and the Guidos can make up the time by travelling on a bus at night. Thailand isn't THAT big, is it?

Emily did say it best - the Guidos get so lucky. The only bad luck they had was missing the 3 pm train. Luck would have it that 11/21 is likely a non-elimination and they have even more time to make up ground on the other three. Aargh.

Canada Girl, I'm not so sure the previews being posted would help. There didn't seem to be anything in them that would be analyzeable, unless you want to try and look at the brightness of the sun and shadow positions, but I doubt these would scan well. Heck, we can't even identify a face!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-15-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
Ah... a forward-looking post! Thank God.

I'm not sure the lawyers get much of a jump at the start of the next episode. Based on previous situations, I'd say they check out in the late afternoon, and need time to get to the triathlon location.
Since they seem to be competing in midday, it's safe to assume that there is another overnight compression point, bunching the groups at the starting point of the next challenge.

The clips we've seen show all the teams competing in the rock climb/snorkel/kayak in daylight, so I think we can assume nobody has a big lead.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-15-01, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
Don't forget Joe has a bad knee. Bill mentioned it when Joe climbed on the roof following the ruse set up by Kevin in Tunis (walkie talkie challenge).

FnMfan 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-01, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FnMfan Click to send private message to FnMfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
I thought this url link would help us to analyse :

http://krabi.sawadee.com/

there are some pictures that looks like the one we saw in the video clips. if the next challenge would be here, probably they have to take taxi or bus to get there but if phuket is the next place, they probably can take flight. From the above link, I realize that they can take plane to krabi from bangkok! why didn't they do that? are they not allowed?

one more note, on karyn and lenny's interview, there's a part where she said this : "I still communicate with Paul and Amie; Matt and Ana, every once in a while; I've been trying to hook up with Kevin and Drew to enjoy some single nightlife in NYC".....

ok is there any significant spoiler in her statements there? why is she having difficult time hooking up with K & D? are they busy after winning the 1 mil dollar or what? she hardly mentioned rob & brennan nor f & m too. she said twice that she really dislike guidos. Is there any chances that a loser might say something like that to a winner? urm..

while on nancy & emily morning show's interview, someone told us here that nancy spends sometimes at guidos house? let's say if they are the winner, were that invitation for their winning party or just a visit?

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-16-01, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
Regarding Karyn.... well, Matt and Anna live in Connecticut. Paul and Amie are originally from NYC and Karyn and Lenny spent a lot of time with them at the back of the pack so it's natural to form a friendship with them. Frangarita are from somewhere in New York but I'm not sure how close to NYC. The Lawyers live in L.A., as do the Guidos.

Kevin and Drew live in NYC, near Karyn. I wouldn't read too much into that. From the CBS website, it appears Drew has a fairly serious girlfriend, and maybe Kevin as well. Being single myself, I know firsthand how difficult it is to get my married/coupled friends out to do anything. Besides, given the types of jobs Kevin and Drew have (court officer and litigation consultant), they're probably just busy. Karyn is not used to being single and probably is experiencing much of what everyone else who isn't married does.

As far as saying she dislikes the Guidos, she would probably say this regardless of whether or not they won, I actually think she would say this even more if they actually had won. If they did indeed win, she probably thinks they won by lying and sabotaging etc. so thinks it was not really deserved.

I saw Momily on the Early Show and did not catch the comment about them spending a MONTH at the Guido's place. I thought they said they had just been to visit. Personally I would not want any of my friends, no matter how close, to stay with me that long and I certainly would not want to impose myself on anyone for that long of a time.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-01, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
Think it was Lenny who mentioned Paul/Amie, Matt/Ana and trying to link up with the Frats. Karyn said she kept in touch with at least one member of every team EXCEPT the Guidos.

Also, saw the Early Show interview, but didn't take notes because I should have already been out the door. I think what was said is that Nancy (not Emily) went to visit the Guidos about a month ago and that they treated her very well. They keep in touch with everybody.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-01, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
Nancy never stayed with the Guidos for a whole month. Emily just said that they are still friends with everyone. Then she said yes even the Guidos aren't that bad. She said her mom had actually gone and stayed with them and she met the Guido dog. But Emily still didn't sound overly crazy about the Guidos. I think they were all just trying to say that they did all stay friendly. Nancy reminds me of the type of person that just wants to be friends with everyone.

ykchan 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-16-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ykchan Click to send private message to ykchan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
Nancy mentioned visiting them last month, and I was under the impression that only Nancy (not Emily) went.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-18-01, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
Not only is Kevin a litigation consultant, he works at the World Financial Center, which is/was next to the WTC. I'm sure it's been a pretty tough two months, with few few swingin' times for the "fat bastards."

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-18-01, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Musings on the next two episodes...."
>>> I realize that they can take plane to krabi from bangkok! why didn't they do that? are they not allowed?

From what I read on other posts, the producers pay for the flights. I guess the producers did not want to pay it this time. Besides, they had to go to Bangkok to this place with all the tigers to complete the task. So, they probably cannot take a flight from Bangkok to Krabi.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •