The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Momily on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

stepol 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Momily on the Early Show"
Nancy and Emily just finished their interview on the Early Show. I was late coming into work so I actually got to see it. A few highlights:

- When asked what the best thing about the show was, Nancy said it was all the new friends they made. "People don't realize how close everyone becomes." She said they stay in contact and that they're having dinner with some of the teams tonight.

- The shocker, however, was they were talking about all these new friendships, Emily said "even Joe and Bill!" She then said that Nancy had even gone up and stayed with them about a month ago and talked about how wonderful they were!

- Nancy and Emily also said that they had a confrontation with the Guidos at the bicycle shop in Italy and had essentially made up. Apparently part of the reason for this was Frank's comment about "negative energy."

- Emily said that she was bothered by the comments she had seen from people who berated her for arguing with her mom which they saw as a sign of disrespect. Emily said "tell them to go on a 30 day trip with their mother where you're constantly tired, hungry, and dirty and see if they don't have a couple of tiffs. If they say they won't then they're lying."

- For the record, as Emily was extremely polite while being interviewed.

- Nancy said that she and Emily were much much closer than they had been. She also said that she got to see Emily really mature into a woman and that she wouldn't have traded it for the world.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Momily on the Early Show SkyRaider 11-15-01 1
   RE: Momily on the Early Show ykchan 11-15-01 2
       RE: Momily on the Early Show Styxfan 11-15-01 5
   RE: Momily on the Early Show xrunner 11-15-01 3
       RE: Momily on the Early Show Serendipity 11-15-01 4
           RE: Momily on the Early Show stepol 11-15-01 6
           RE: Momily on the Early Show SkyRaider 11-15-01 9
               RE: Momily on the Early Show blondie121212 11-16-01 15
 RE: Momily on the Early Show Blueville 11-15-01 7
   RE: Momily on the Early Show Cole 11-15-01 8
 RE: Momily on the Early Show heymikey 11-15-01 10
   RE: Momily on the Early Show Serendipity 11-15-01 11
 RE: Momily on the Early Show Mumbo Jumbo 11-16-01 12
   RE: Momily on the Early Show Cole 11-16-01 13
       Good Riddance to Momily Ru_Man 11-16-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 09:40 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-01 AT 09:43 AM (EST)

Thanks for the info, Stepol....very interesting. Especially about them being friends with The Guidos.

<Emily said "tell them to go on a 30 day trip with their mother where you're constantly tired, hungry, and dirty and see if they don't have a couple of tiffs.>

Uh, Emily, hon? You were in the nicest places in Europe among other areas. Did they not have food there? It's not like you were a Survivor parked in Africa with little to eat and less with which to keep clean. I think you got your reality shows mixed up.

ykchan 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-01, 09:58 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-01 AT 10:00 AM (EST)

><Emily said "tell them to go on a 30 day trip with their mother where you're constantly tired, hungry, and dirty and see if they don't have a couple of tiffs.>
>
> Uh, Emily, hon?
>You were in the nicest
>places in Europe among other
>areas. Did they not
>have food there? It's

Um, she probably means that aside from the 12-hour pit stops, they didn't have time to eat or get much rest. (I certainly know I wouldn't.) Think about it. It's not a vacation -- it's a competition.

Also, Mom and Emily explained why they took the cab. They had been awake for 48 hours straight and were simply getting tired.

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 10:31 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
Yeah, mom said she had given up when she persuaded Emily to take a taxi and get the stage over with. She knew it would cause them to be penalized. She also said she wasn't a very competitive person and Emily had to drag her around for most of the race.

xrunner 65 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 10:02 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
I believe the teachers argued with the cabbie because they wanted the money for a coke even after they were elimated. Part of the stress was money for good food or cabs. Operating on shoestring budget was in fact part of stress making for good tv.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-15-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
I absolutely agree with Emily on the stress during travel with anyone you're close to, even without the factored in hunger and fatigue. My family and I travel together at least once a year, and have built in planned "away from each other" days midway in the trip just to avoid these kinds of arguments.

But it doesn't explain why Emily was consistently rude to natives in each land. Methinks Mommy shouldn't have listened to Dr. Spock so much.

stepol 16 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
That's true ... I wrote the India marketplace comments off to extreme stress but the "screw you" comment last night really knocked down my opinion of the well-endowed one.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 12:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
<But it doesn't explain why Emily was consistently rude to natives in each land. Methinks Mommy shouldn't have listened to Dr. Spock so much.>

I think that Mom should have b!tch slapped Emily a couple of times instead of just shaking her head and smiling that Step'n'Fetchit way, going "Now, Em-oh-lee!" That would have made great television!

You have to remember Emily is a sorority girl from the Univ. of Texas, the same great institution that shelters and tries to educate the great party girl, Jenna (Glub-Glub) Bush.

Watching The Early Show, I couldn't figure out what Emily was doing - rolling her eyes up, closing them, shaking her head repeatedly. I figure that she was trying to get the voices to stop. She's cute and polite in that "yes ma'am" sorta way, but she should really stick to being seen and not heard. The visuals were great though.

blondie121212 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 04:54 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
>
>
> You have to remember
>Emily is a sorority girl
>from the Univ. of Texas,
>the same great institution that
>shelters and tries to educate
>the great party girl, Jenna
>(Glub-Glub) Bush.
>
>
No...actually Emily is not from the University of Texas, she is from Sam Houston State University which is alot different from UT.

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
Emily looked AWESOME as well. I liked the blonde highlights in her hair.

I think Jane was getting a little annoyed at her always calling her "Maam" though.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-01, 11:46 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
Jane doesn't like to be reminded of how old she is and that she is too old for the young hunks on these reality shows she lusts after. Wait til she sees the Lawyers. If anyone saw her interview Silas, when Silas gave her a rose, she commented that "Colby didn't give me a rose". I cannot believe that after half a year that this woman is still stuck on Colby.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-01, 01:27 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
>>> The shocker, however, was they were talking about all these new friendships, Emily said "even Joe and Bill!" She then said that Nancy had even gone up and stayed with them about a month ago and talked about how wonderful they were!

Well, that only proves that what you see in contestants in reality shows is not nessessarily a good indicator on their character in real life. You only see the contestants less than 1 hour a week and it all depends on the editing. Amie kept on yelling at Paul during the game, does that mean that she is like that in real life? Emily seems "disrespecting" her mom on the show. Does that mean she is really like that in real life?

I guess the only thing "real" in these reality game shows like "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race" is the fact that the contestants are not professional actors.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-15-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
If you read the Lenny/Karyn interview, it sure looks like they were portrayed pretty accurately. Lenny says no, but she goes after him all thru the interview.

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-16-01, 08:06 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
I never noticed Emily being rude to her Mom. In fact, just the opposite I thought considering the circumstances they were usually extremely nice to each other. What did bother me was how rude Emily could be to the natives when it clearly seemed to be language issues. Part of it stems from Emily's competitive nature but it's still pretty poor behavior. Nancy is a saint. I could never dislike Momily because of her. If it had been Emily and a sorority sister who knows...

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-16-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Momily on the Early Show"
Emily struck me as pretty mean to Nancy from the beginning. Not sure if I can point out many specifics, the only one I can clearly remember is when they were in Africa and had to take pictures of the animals. Nancy got out of the car to take a picture of a rhino, and Emily kept yelling at her to get back in the car. Not to mention all of the other times where she whined, "Mom, hurry!"

I don't have any sisters, so I can't compare how my mother was treated, but when I first saw Momily I was reminded of my younger cousin and my favorite aunt. My cousin is often downright rude to my aunt. It often seems like she is embarrassed to be around her. My aunt is so sweet and nice to her but in return typically gets an "I can't believe my mom is so slow and dimwitted" attitude. I'm sure my cousin loves my aunt dearly, it's just that she has a hard time showing it. I felt the same way about Nancy and Emily, hopefully this trip has shown Emily how much her mom means to her.

Ru_Man 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
14. "Good Riddance to Momily"
Well not so much Nancy, but that Emily is a spoiled, ugly-American bratski. Rude, rude, rude to people minding their own business in their own country who don't understand her idiotic drawled-English qusetions about obscure destinations - then after she snapped Screw-you to a puzzled looking Thai gentleman, she swings that massive back-pack around and almost smacks a passing girl who is entranced by the camera. Good-bye!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •