The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Just looked out the window"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Just looked out the window"
towards downtown and saw framework going up at the World Trade Center site. It's been so overcast the past week or so that it was very strange to suddenly see something in that empty piece of sky. I'm a little verklempt-thought it was worth mentioning.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Just looked out the window KObrien_fan 08-03-04 1
 RE: Just looked out the window Schnookie Palookie 08-03-04 2
 RE: Just looked out the window AugustGirl 08-03-04 3
 RE: Just looked out the window grit 08-03-04 4
 RE: Just looked out the window mistofleas 08-03-04 5
 RE: Just looked out the window Deonna 08-03-04 6
 RE: Just looked out the window samboohoo 08-03-04 7
   RE: Just looked out the window jkokoj 08-03-04 8
 RE: Just looked out the window Brownroach 08-03-04 9
   RE: Just looked out the window ginger 08-03-04 10
 RE: Just looked out the window seahorse 08-03-04 11
 found the weak binoculars.... moonbaby 08-03-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Just looked out the window"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

That just made me shudder, I bet it does look strange.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Just looked out the window"
Wow. I can only imagine the feelings you must be going through.
*HUGS*

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Just looked out the window"
You must be going through a ton of emotions, Moonie.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-03-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Just looked out the window"
I didn't realize they were starting that already.

I never went down to see Ground Zero. My brother went down when he came to visit. He took some pictures and showed them to us. He said the pictures just don't give you the same feeling as being there in person.

About a month before the attacks, we brought some relatives from Germany down to see the WTC. That was the day NYC hit a record temp of 103. I remember being on the sidewalk next to one of the buildings and looking up, seeing that lacework pattern going all the way up. The memory of that visit is still very strong, even 3 years later. I can still remember feeling the baking heat and that dizzying feeling looking up the side of the building. I never want to lose the memory of that day. It will be very strange seeing different buildings in that location.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Just looked out the window"
Wow. I had a hard time looking at the NYC skyline for the first time after the towers were gone. Then I kind of got used to it. Now it will be strange seeing something there again.

You okay moonie? Do ya need me to come give you a hug?

--will work a trip to NYC any chance she gets

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-03-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just looked out the window"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

*HUGS*

How are you'll doing there? Everyone here is very worried about you East Coasters/New Yorkers.

Deonna

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Just looked out the window"
Hugs to you Moonie.

I've been to New York only once in my life, June 2001. We went into town, had dinner, went to Shea Stadium. I remember my friend, Joe, asking if we wanted to go down to the WTC and me saying, "No, there's too much other stuff to do."

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Just looked out the window"
Amazing! The time has gone by so quickly. How emotional that must be for all New Yorkers. *hugs*

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Just looked out the window"
I didn't notice anything riding in on the train this morning, but I was reading the paper. I'll check it out going back over the bridge tonight. The towers used to be in clear view from a block away from my apartment.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Just looked out the window"
I still question the wisdom of building -- again -- the world's tallest building(s). Still think a memorial park might have been wiser/more pleasant.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Just looked out the window"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

I am not sure but I think any significant building will be years from now. I am not sure what they are doing at present. It could be just a monument to the lives lost.

I was at ground zero about 2 years ago. I am an electrical engineer and I was inspecting a building right across the street from the WTC. This building received major damage when the falling trade center tore off some of its side.

It was a college and they were trying to determine whether it should renovated or rebuilt depending on construction cost estimates.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "found the weak binoculars...."
and I'm not sure what I'm seeing. It could be a building going up a few blocks north of the site but it's in the line of vision to that. BR please let me know what you see later. Thanks!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •