The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-23-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
I saw a commercial for this show while watching E! or something over the weekend...looks pretty cool--a reality show where they take inventors and judge their inventions...I always wondered about the people who invented the paper clip or the post it note, and now we'll get to see what they might be like... Maybe I'll get inspired...

Whatcha think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 09-02-05 1
   RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 09-27-05 2
       RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? SurvivorBlows 09-27-05 3
           RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 09-28-05 4
               RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? SurvivorBlows 09-28-05 5
                   RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 09-29-05 6
                       RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? SurvivorBlows 09-29-05 7
                           RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 09-30-05 8
                               RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? DonnaLynn 09-30-05 9
                                   RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 10-03-05 10
                                       RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? DonnaLynn 10-05-05 11
                                           RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 10-06-05 12
                                               RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA? uglier than sarah w 10-12-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-02-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
I just saw that USA updated their web sites with promos and bios of the judges...pretty interesting factoids about the woman who invented the Magic Mop! lol...

Check it out: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/madeintheusa/

The show starts September 14!

09-27-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
I just checked out the MADE web site and they've changed the time! It's now on Thursdays at 6pm! Robert Verdi guest stars this week, so I will definitely be watching.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
I don't know what the ratings were but they were bad enough that the show's basically been canceled -- I think it's only some contractual broadcast obligation to the Home Shopping Network that is responsible for them still leaving it on the air on a 6PM time period.

09-28-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
Hey SurvivorBlows...where did you hear that information? It's kind of a shame if it's true because I enjoy watching the shows and the different personalities compete...Maybe more people will catch this show now that it's on at a more family-friendly time. Do you watch it?

09-28-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
I Tivo'd Ep1 but never got a chance to watch -- I still have it. My source is someone who worked on the show's promotion, but if you follow the TV industry you can read between the lines -- they don't move shows out of primetime and into the 6PM hour because they're doing good. And from the day that they first announced the show, USA made no secret that it was a partnership with HSN. It's similar to why Fox kept Richard Branson's Virgin "The Rebel Billionaire" infommercial on the air for a full run despite horrible ratings.

I did just find a thefutoncritic.com blurb about the ratings:

MADE IN THE U.S.A. (USA) - The cable channel's latest reality offering has been bumped out of primetime following its disastrous 793,000-viewer showing last week. "Made" opened to 1.1 million viewers on Wednesday, September 14 with last week's performance marking a 27.91% drop from its lackluster premiere numbers. Even more troubling was its 63% drop in audience from its "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" lead-in that same night. The remaining episodes will now run on Thursdays at 6:00/5:00c beginning September 29 with the finale set for October 13 - one week earlier than previously indicated.

09-29-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
Well you should at least give it a chance and watch episode 1...a lot of creative characters like the waterfall guy and the baby carriage/cradle guys. I think the show is pretty original, which is different from a lot about other reality tv shows right now. I will continue to watch because I think it's interesting, regardless of the ratings.

09-29-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
I'm not saying to not watch a show you enjoy -- trust me, I've watched many low rated DOA reality shows that I've liked over the years -- I'm just trying to explain why it's been moved to the odd time period.

I plan to try and watch it if I get a chance, I just think it was a poor programming decision to schedule this show against all the fall network premieres -- there's a reason why USA normally premieres its original programming like Monk, The 4400, and The Dead Zone in January and June -- because they've learned that it's very hard for the cable networks to compete against the broadcat network's fall onslaught. The show was pretty much doomed to low ratings the second that they slotted it for fall.

09-30-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
Yeah, like I said, I'd definitely give it a chance. It definitely grows on you and the challenges are so over the top that it makes it fun to watch. Last night they had to dress up for a high school in hopes of inventing their new mascot. Pretty tough audience, and it was funny seeing some of the teams crash and burn.

I'm still rooting for the shoulder pad hydrating system guys.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-30-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
I must say that I'm shocked this show didn't get better ratings. I love it! I have a season pass on my Tivo and look forward to the next ep... That couple with the instant waterfall were driving me nuts! They just couldn't understand how to market their product. I think it's a great show and love the products...

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

10-03-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
Awesome Donna Lynn, I am glad to hear someone else out there is watching with me. I really like the FastPack shoulder pad guys myself and I cannot stand the Waterfall! I keep hoping they will get the boot! What did you think of the high school mascot challenge? Wasn't it ridiculous?

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-05-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
>Awesome Donna Lynn, I am glad
>to hear someone else out
>there is watching with me.
>I really like the FastPack
>shoulder pad guys myself and
>I cannot stand the Waterfall!
>I keep hoping they will
>get the boot! What did
>you think of the high
>school mascot challenge? Wasn't it
>ridiculous?

Yeah, the mascot thing was definately ridiculous!!! Those dirt guys I didn't like... I mean, how hard is it to take a hose and wash off your gear???? I don't need something taking up permanent space in my trunk...

Yeah, my fave's are still the football guys. Great idea! I also really like the Gorilla Grip thing (even though I'd never use it, I think it's a great idea!) and I really liked those guys that didn't make it to the finals. He had the stroller, car seat, thing all in one... Great show! I love the judges too!

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

10-06-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
Hey Donna Lynn, I checked the web site to see who the guest star is this week and they've changed the times AGAIN!

It's now on Fridays at 10am...I am definitely setting my VCR tonight...Let me know if you keep watching...I am hooked now and have to see who wins!

10-12-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Made in the U.S.A on USA?"
So in the last episode, the quad zipper guys got the boot and the 3 remaining (the shoes, the hydropak, and the gripper) are going to Tampa to see who wins! I thought it was funny when Karim called the quad zipper guys arrogant, but they didn't listen to the focus group at all! Who do you think will win? I am pulling for the show girls but think the hydropack could be great too...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •