The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Meet my folks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Meet my folks"
Anyone remember this show? I think that was the name of it. 3 guys would come to spend the week with the parents of a hot chick and all of their dirty little secrets would be shared and they would have to take that lie detector test. The parents chose the winner and that person would go on a 2 week date with their daughter to some tropical location.

I LOVED this show! I thought it was so funny how everyone who was a contestant on this show had done so many horrible things... I loved the lie detector guy and really miss this show.

Anyone know why it got canned? It was on for like 2 or 3 seasons so the ratings couldn't have been that bad.

Just wondered if I was the only one who misses this show!

--Donna :~)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Meet my folks shabalaba 08-13-05 1
   RE: Meet my folks DonnaLynn 08-15-05 2
       RE: Meet my folks uglier than sarah w 08-17-05 3
           RE: Meet my folks DonnaLynn 08-17-05 4
               RE: Meet my folks RealityMom 08-21-05 5
 RE: Meet my folks susang 09-28-05 6
 RE: Meet my folks Captain_Savem 09-28-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-13-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Meet my folks"
I too enjoyed the show. The only thing I can think of is that they were having a hard time finding contestants who did not know the premise of the show. They wouldn't be able to surprise them with the lie detector, the "dirty little secrets" from the fax machine or doorbell...all the surprises had been done I guess...unless they pull a Joe Millionaire and take the series to Europe....????

08-15-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Meet my folks"
Maybe you're right! Maybe everyone already knew about it. Although with Trading Spouses you would think they wouldn't be able to get people that don't know the big surprise about the money at the end...

I really loved the lie detector guy. He was funny!

I still cannot believe they always seemed to find contestants who had done the absolute worst things in the world. Then their friends and family would rat them out to the show. Sure, we all have a skeleton or 2 in our closets, but these people seemed to have an entire graveyard!

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-17-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Meet my folks"
They should put the lie detector guy on the Bobby and Whitney show and have them do it. That would be awesome.

08-17-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Meet my folks"
>They should put the lie detector
>guy on the Bobby and
>Whitney show and have them
>do it. That would
>be awesome.

ROFL! I'd pay to see that!

"Bobby, have you ever had an affair?"
"Whitney, have you been doing coke?"
"Bobby, are you a has been who's riding Whitney so people still
photo and look at you?"
"Whitney, are you the worst mother in the world seeing as though you care more about your daughters weight than her feelings?"

I could go on and on! Would love to see the "real" answers!

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Meet my folks"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-05 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

Donna and UTSW,
If Bobby and Whitney were ever hooked up to a lie detector, the needle would probably go beserk. I can see the machine exploding. LOL
I enjoyed the lie detector guy, too. He was also on "Who Wants to Marry My Dad"? which I enjoyed because I liked the interplay between the siblings and their father. I'd like to know what's happen to some of the women on that show. There was one, Joanne, I think, who was very sweet. I wonder if she's found somebody yet.

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-28-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Meet my folks"
I wish MMF would come back. It is so much better than Bachelor/ette. The best parts were the lie detector and the arrival of the fax.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-28-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Meet my folks"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-05 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

This show was great. I'd have to agree that after the first few episodes it would be pretty darned difficult to cast for this one.

The lie detector guy was my favorite. A sample question:

Lie Detector Guy: "Did you say that <i>Mrs.</i> Johnson is a MILF?"

Scared Boyfriend Wannabe: "Ummmm, No."

{Cut to the lie detector, needle moving like crazy}

{Lie Detector Guy studies the machine}

Lie Detector Guy: {raises arm with closed fist for dramatic effect}

*Thumbs Down* *Evil Grin*

Mrs. Johnson: *Smiles* *Blushes* *Giggles*

Mr. Johnson: *Huh?* *whispers to Mrs. Johnson* "What's a MILF?"

*Mrs. Johnson whispers into Mr. Johnsons ear*

*Mr. Johnson frowns*

Good stuff there.

ETA: My favorite scene was when they had the ex girlfriends of the suitors over for brunch...

Girl: "Sooo, how did you and Michael break-up?"

Ex: "Oh well, he cheated on me with my best friend."

Heeeeee!

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •