The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So is CBS really accepting applications for AR2?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

andy 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-01, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail andy Click to send private message to andy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So is CBS really accepting applications for AR2?"
I've heard some rumors that CBS has already chosen the contestants for AR2. Is all the stuff on the CBS website about CASTING CALLS for AR2 just a publicity stunt?

My wife and I are big fans of the show and want to send in an app, but I don't want to go to the trouble if its not for real.

Anyone know the truth out there???

Thanks,
Andy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So is CBS really accepting appl... SurvivorBlows 11-01-01 1
 RE: So is CBS really accepting appl... prime8 11-03-01 2
   RE: So is CBS really accepting appl... Styxfan 11-03-01 3
 Go for it realitybites 11-04-01 4
   RE: Go for it prime8 11-04-01 5
 RE: So is CBS really accepting appl... Grundy 11-07-01 6
   RE: So is CBS really accepting appl... SurvivorBlows 11-07-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-01, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So is CBS really accepting applications for AR2?"
I doubt it's a stunt.

My thought is that they already have all the applications that they want from "co-workers" and "best friends" and are now only still looking for more "relationship" (dating, married, etc.) couples.

Go for it, the application is still posted on their site:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race2/index.shtml

...ratings on the show are starting to pick up as it goes along, plus CBS doesn't want to damage it's relationship with Jerry "CSI" Bruckheimer (never mind all the hit MOVIES this guy has done, see http://us.imdb.com/Name?Bruckheimer,+Jerry )

The bottom line is that these folks brought back Big Brother for another season -- given the improving ratings and the strategic implications of this show in their relationship with Bruckheimer, I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised to see a Amazing Race 2.

(although I think the second season might have some tweaks -- like despite the number of teams in the early episodes, some more "confessional" interviews in the early episodes -- is it just me or did those REALLY HELP make last night's show better?)

Let's face it, the show is going up against THE WEST WING every week, so no matter what CBS puts in this timeslot, it's not likely to do much better.

-SB

prime8 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-01, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prime8 Click to send private message to prime8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So is CBS really accepting applications for AR2?"
Great question! I have been searching high and low to find a deadline. Does anyone know where I can find an "official" word on the status? For instance, I see that the Survivor 4 application is still online, but at least it gives the deadline. AR2 had no posted deadlines.

According to the website www.realitytvquest.com/Shows/, the application process for AR2 was Jul 1 - Aug 4, and that the show is "reviewing and not accepting any more applications." Seems official, but I want to be sure...

Because I'm hooked and want to submit an application (but don't want to spend the time if it's all for nothing). Do any of you know where I can find any official info?

Thanks!!

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-03-01, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So is CBS really accepting applications for AR2?"
I'd say you better fill it out as soon as possible if you want to have any chance of getting it in on time. The longer you wait, the less your chances of making the deadline

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-01, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Go for it"
A couple of encouraging signs:

1) Until a week or two ago, a popup on CBS' TAR site was encouraging couples to apply. The popup is no longer there, but the link to the application is still around.

2) I read a rumor on another board that CBS is especially looking for older couples of the Dave & Margaretta generation.

Against those, it's an open question whether there will be a TAR2 at all. The ratings are so-so, travel hassles have increased, and the number of safe countries has decreased.

I say go ahead and apply, because you never know if you have the group of stereotypes - er, I mean, qualities - CBS is looking for. Besides, the odds are better than the lottery.

prime8 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-01, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prime8 Click to send private message to prime8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Go for it"
Cool! Thanks for everyone's input!

Andy, I hope you apply and best of luck to you! I'm going to get an application together...here's hoping to a successful effort!!

Grundy 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Grundy Click to send private message to Grundy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So is CBS really accepting applications for AR2?"
So what does the announcement this week of AR2 mean? Have they already choosen that cast for the next race? Or are they still deciding?

any ideas??

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-01, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So is CBS really accepting applications for AR2?"
My guess is "pre-production" means they are still in the process of picking the cast, but are scouting locations, etc.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •