The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AJ producers killed their own show!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

teevideot 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teevideot Click to send private message to teevideot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AJ producers killed their own show!"
We all fell in love with this show - 30-somethings, women, gay men, even my husband! BUT producers, you killed it w/the models! BOOO! You lost us -your Average Audience- when Hollywood walked in the door. I speak for all my friends when I say we fell in love with the avg joes like no one else on TV had touched us. We were pulling for them for once -- that's what made the show special. But producers, you went for the glitz, and YOU BLEW IT! We WISH there was a true Avg Joe show to watch in Hawaii, but we know better now. It'll be an even bigger slaughter than before -with geekier guys vs. hunks- and it can only be SAD. We know better than to invest the emotions or the time watching it. The show was called Average Joe, and you duped us -- bait and switch. We hope Adam gets tons of interest from women, as he surely will, and that Malena is happy with what she got. But as for us, the audience, we feel baited and burned, and I'm truly sad to say, we won't be back for more.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AJ producers killed their own s... GuysWatchToo 12-09-03 1
   RE: AJ producers killed their own s... teevideot 12-09-03 2
 RE: AJ producers killed their own s... DaUnfan 12-09-03 3
   RE: AJ producers killed their own s... ego 12-09-03 4
       RE: AJ producers killed their own s... teevideot 12-09-03 5
           RE: AJ producers killed their own s... Conan O Bryan 12-09-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GuysWatchToo 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuysWatchToo Click to send private message to GuysWatchToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AJ producers killed their own show!"
very well put. You captured my sense of betrayal exactly.
IT WAS CALLED AVERAGE JOE!!!!!

Oh, and I am not gay, I got sucked into it by my girlfriend (figuratively speaking).

(See post entitled never EVER again)

12-09-03, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teevideot Click to send private message to teevideot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AJ producers killed their own show!"
Oh, GuysWatchToo, I never meant to imply that you were gay! Just the opposite! My husband watched the show and felt just as betrayed, and I can assure you, he is not gay. My point in mentioning my gay male friend, among my many friends who watched, is that there was a really diverse fan base for this show -- much broader (and deeper) than I believe the producers ever imagined.

It's brilliant, really, if they actually thought about it... put on a show that appeals to average people -- the REALITY TV version of "Drew Carey", "King of Queens", or "Malcolm in the Middle". The problem was that some producer or network executive didn't really believe that you, and I, and my husband, and others like us, would watch... and they chickened out.

REALITY TV is built on beautiful people -- Fear Factor, Big Brother, Bachelor, Dog Eat Dog, and the list goes on and on. That's what sells, and the producers and networks are scared silly to put on anything but. (Producers take note: The few viewers that Survivor had dropped dramatically when heavy-set, shaggy Rupert was voted off!)

People tell me all the time that I look just like Sandra Bullock, so I'm not saying this out of jeolousy or resentment for attractive people. I'm just tired of skinny, beautiful people representing "all of us" as "reality." Especially in a forum you call "Average Joe"!!!!

DaUnfan 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-09-03, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaUnfan Click to send private message to DaUnfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AJ producers killed their own show!"
It may have made more sense to have "the models" on from the beginning in a separate group and she had to eliminate men from each of the two groups (four "joes," one "model," etc.). Even then, the title would not have been fitting. At least then the "models" would have had to compete for her attention the whole series...

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AJ producers killed their own show!"
the fact that she had alot longer with the average guys, to get to know them, yadayadayada, and she picked one of the newer 'improved' versions makes me believe that people who go on tv are stupid.

12-09-03, 03:12 AM (EST)
5. "RE: AJ producers killed their own show!"
"Stupid is as stupid does." -- Forrest Gump

If you're giving out Emmys for stupidity, please don't forget the condescending "Mensa members" (sarcasm) who picked Melena, the director, and put the show on the air.

Again, this note is being written by someone who really LIKED the show (until the Inane Invasion)!

-- Burned and Bitter

Conan O Bryan 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Conan%20O%20Bryan Click to send private message to Conan%20O%20Bryan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AJ producers killed their own show!"
I admit I watched it for the novel concept,but I agree the producers shot themselves in the foot with the models."Fool me once shame on you,fool me twice, shame on me"..I won't be watching Average Joe II.......

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •