The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It is dangerous..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

ThisGuy 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"It is dangerous..."
Aaargh I am going to butcher this saying but, in my opinion, it held true tonight. Whether you are talking about him OR her.

"It is dangerous to impute virtuosity upon the cute". I have mixed feelings about the end of this series. I have tuned out ever since they brought in the WAAAY-Above-Average Joes, they kind of ruined it at that point. I tuned back in again tonight to see if there was a reason I ever watched in the first place. I'm still not sure. Obv, the hook for the network is to see if they can "freshen" the Joe Millionaire theme and expand upon it. You can see the pitch: "America LOVES reality shows with a TWIST - let?s shoot two (or more) at once!..." After that, there premiered a series that had great potential but bad follow through.

As a guy, I am as guilty as anyone wanting Melana to be beautiful AND intelligent AND have a deep sense of integrity and taste. She wasn't - who really is? - it truly is a bummer. However, I don't blame her (although it would have felt great to reach through the screen and screamed "The guy is planning on naming himself Jason Storm and thinks that's cool - WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?). Really, I blame the network. She's obv had a good life based on her looks, and has, up to now based her life on them. So, hmmm, who is she going to choose?

I would like to see the networks set up a situation where you take an Above-Average-Jane (and by that I mean take someone who IS smart, has a future plotted, and is normal to good looking) and make her choose - if you want the twist, fine, you can throw in the guy who looks like Palo from Friends and who apparently has the IQ of a french fry. Once she has narrowed it down to three or so, you make THEM choose her. Now THAT is a series I would catch every week. I thought perhaps, the network should let America decide - vote it in like AmIdol - but I think the editing would be even worse.

Anywho, based on what we saw tonight I agree with the general poll: Adam should have won...

j

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It is dangerous... Conan O Bryan 12-09-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Conan O Bryan 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It is dangerous..."
I thought you were gonna say an old saying about chosing a date between a beautiful fat woman or a perfect body ugly chick,"you can always lose weight,but you can't lose ugly".And in this case,(Jason) he could always get a real job ,but Adam will still always be ugly.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •