The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sports Kids Moms and Dads"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-22-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sports Kids Moms and Dads"
I don't see anything else around here on this show, but before I comment - did anyone else watch this show? IMHO it was great and there was a good mix of good/bad parents and kids.

I will make this one comment. KAREN SUCKS! How dare she take away the horse her daughter loves so that she can fund her TWO MONTH yoga vacation. Karli had two jobs, worked at the stalls to help pay for board and seemed to be a really well grounded young lady. The incredible selfishness of that woman made me madder than millionaire Donna. No wonder her husband is gone.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sports Kids Moms and Dads ginger 07-22-05 1
   RE: Sports Kids Moms and Dads PagongRatEater 07-22-05 2
       RE: Sports Kids Moms and Dads ginger 07-22-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sports Kids Moms and Dads"
I felt exactly as you did, Pre.

Wait -- did I just type that?

But, yes. That was the weird ending. I actually felt pretty okay about the other kids and their parents; none of the other parents were as bad as, say, Pa Nutter on Showbiz Kids. Cheerleader Mom was not as bad as Beauty Pagent Mom. Obssessive Football Dad was still a very loving father and his kid seemed happy with the seriousness of the football track the entire family was on.

But Karli's family basically fell apart in front of our eyes...WHAT/WHERE was the father? And yes, why did we have all of that horrible suffering, having to sell the horse, if Mom was just planning on deserting the family for 2 months to STUDY FREAKING YOGA?! She had a very demanding, high stress job and I felt for her during the season even though she was odd and scattered and disconnected - I figured the divorce was painful and the horse thing was just part of a very bad picture. But to leave the kids now, particuarly after depriving the girl of her pal Disco, was just NUTS. I kept thinking about those kids after the show ended.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sports Kids Moms and Dads"
Cheerleader Mom was a bit over the top - I believe she credited herself once or twice for Sarah's success and pushes the little girl a bit too hard - but in the end she really seemed to get that SARAH was a winner no matter how many trophies she did or didn't have.

Tren-Ton's Dad (did you ever notice they all put the emphasis on the last part of his name?) was clearly living through his kid, but Tren-Ton seemed to be on board with it, so not a bid deal. Although DW said they were on Oprah and Tren-Ton's mom was 'over it' with the football overkill. But writing the letter to UofM to let the coach know that there was a 8 yer old WR he ought to keep a scholarship for was truly one of the jaw dropping parts of the show.

At first I really thought that Brice's mom was a nut, but then figured out over time that Brice was a brat. Still they had some redemption in the end and it really didn't seem to go beyond normal teen conflict.

Lyndsey and her mom were the most grounded parent/child combo. I was very impressed with how that worked out, especially with mom being her coach!

I hope that they have a second season. I'd like to continue to follow Lyndsey and Tren-Ton, but a couple of new kids would keep the show fresh

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing Kathy Griffin's show next month. And the Battle of the Network Reality "stars".

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sports Kids Moms and Dads"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-05 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

Realize if we keep playing this nice we'll cause a rift in the space-time continuum. But again, agree with all your thoughts.

Kumbayah, my lord
Kumbayah

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •