The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last nights "Hilton""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-20-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last nights "Hilton""
Is anyone else peeved that instead of time delaying the show they just decided to cut in on it after the president made his nomination?

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the rest of the show very hard to believe missing the first 20 mins. I really don't know what was up with Latricia but I don't think it's her fault that she was in there 5 times. It was unfortunate that she was on the losing team but it wasn't her fault and at least 3 of those 5 she had nothing to do with the team losing.

I didn't think she would win, but I thought she would make it farther. I'll miss her little sayings and such. She made the show fun to watch.

What was up with everyone crying and stuff about how hard their lives have been? You know, if Miss Hilton really wanted to help someone with a bad life, she could adopt a starving child. I wasn't too impressed with what I did see of last nights episode.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this???

--Donna :~)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last nights "Hilton" uglier than sarah w 07-20-05 1
 RE: Last nights "Hilton" Loree 07-20-05 2
   RE: Last nights "Hilton" Tahj 07-22-05 3
 July 26th Loree 07-27-05 4
   RE: July 26th CattyChat 07-27-05 5
       RE: July 26th DonnaLynn 07-27-05 6
           RE: July 26th PagongRatEater 07-27-05 7
 The contestants Loree 07-28-05 8
 RE: Last nights "Hilton" photokitty 08-03-05 9
   RE: Last nights "Hilton" Loree 08-03-05 10
       RE: Last nights "Hilton" photokitty 08-03-05 11
           RE: Last nights "Hilton" Loree 08-04-05 14
               RE: Last nights "Hilton" photokitty 08-05-05 17
       RE: Last nights "Hilton" Bebo 08-03-05 12
           RE: Last nights "Hilton" bystander 08-04-05 13
               RE: Last nights "Hilton" Bebo 08-04-05 15
                   RE: Last nights "Hilton" bystander 08-04-05 16
                       RE: Last nights "Hilton" DonnaLynn 08-06-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-20-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
I missed the episode Donna, the new Harry Potter book has taken over my tv watching for the week, but I wanted to pass on this bit of news I saw in Defamer.com:
http://www.gawker.com/news/tv/index.php#the-i-want-to-be-a-hilton-sneak-peek-youve-been-waiting-for-113232
http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/short-ends/index.php#short-ends-lamas-chippendaled-out-of-playmate-wedding-113324

"The ‘I Want to Be a Hilton’ Sneak Peek You’ve Been Waiting For

Can’t possibly wait for tonight to find out what happens on I Want to Be a Hilton? An anonymous (and, we know from experience, reliable) source was at the taping of the episode, and, Ellsbergianly, he violated his confidentiality agreement to bring this urgent update to Gawker readers:

I was at the episode of “I Want To Be A Hilton” that airs tonight (if it’s not tonight, it’s next week, but I’m pretty sure it’s tonights). Well, during the taping last summer of the final “contest” scene (saying more would violate the confidentially agreement I signed and cause the hordes of Hilton-backed lawyers to kill me), Kathy was whispering to the person sitting next to her (one of the previously ousted contestants) that “This show f*cking sucks.” It seems the torture of sitting through hours of watching a really boring taping of her really boring show was getting to her as well. Then, unexpectedly, she broke into one of her seemingly trademark mood swings. Getting up, walking in front of the cameras and out the door, and then proceeding to scream at some hapless victim outside the room at the top of her lungs — while her mic was still live. This caused a frantic scramble from the sound people to “cut her mic!” They did, she came back in a few minutes later, sat down like nothing had happened, and proceeded to host her crapfest.

That’s right, folks: Kathy Hilton is violently bipolar. And you heard it here first."

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-20-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
I'm in Canada so I saw the whole ep start to finish. And I think it was time for Latricia to leave. And if she hadn't been "off the list" this time. I would have really wondered about it. Yes, she was great TV. But she was pulling her team down. She kept having moments where it was all about her feelings and then she would sit off and want people to feel sorry for her. But if someone else had a moment she would roll her eyes like they were being too dramatic. But I think she liked the drama as much as anyone. And after always being on the losing team. She got to pick this team herself and they still lost. The only comp they won lastnight she was not even participating in (the rowing). Yes, it was time for her to go.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-22-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
I saw the whole episode too. It was definitely time for Latricia to go. Kathy finally realized that she couldn't, in good conscience, save her again. Latricia should have gone the week before.

Moves courtesy of Syren

07-27-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "July 26th"
Did anyone else watch lastnight?

This show is getting predictable. I guessed exactly which 3 would go home and which ones would stay. I think Kathy really likes Vanessa.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-27-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: July 26th"
I've been faithfully tuning in, even though it is getting more and more boring each week.

I would expect it is going to come down to Vanessa (who looks so much better with her new hair color) and Jaret. Vanessa, because she just fits the bill right now to a tee and Jaret, because this is so far away from his humble life and he seems really nice & gracious.

07-27-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: July 26th"
I really liked the show when Latrichia was on it and now I know why. She made the show funny and interesting. I watched it this morning and FFwd through all the dribble (just like AJ) and in the end, I honestly didn't care who got cut except Brendan because I couldn't stand him and was happy to see him go. This show started out good but went down hill from there... Anyone want to wager this show WON'T be back for season 2???

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: July 26th"
I liked watching these people in situations that were seriously out of their depth, so I guess Latricia did add to that aspect of the show. The more they 'grow' the less interesting it becomes. No one is left to sing Kathy songs at inappropriate times or say that they want to "be etiquette". This show is only interesting when it's a train wreck IMHO.

Second season or not, I won't be watching.

07-28-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
8. "The contestants"
From everything April has hinted on BB. I think this is the show that April and Jennifer tried out for and didn't get. So they ended up on BB.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-03-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-05 AT 00:16 AM (EST)

>Is anyone else peeved that instead
>of time delaying the show
>they just decided to cut
>in on it after the
>president made his nomination?

I live on the Left Coast, so we saw the whole thing.

>I don't know about anyone else,
>but I found the rest
>of the show very hard
>to believe missing the first
>20 mins. I really
>don't know what was up
>with Latricia but I don't
>think it's her fault that
>she was in there 5
>times.

That's true, but it was DEFINITELY her fault she was in there that last time! She had to go. Buh-bye.

>I didn't think she would win,
>but I thought she would
>make it farther. I'll
>miss her little sayings and
>such. She made the
>show fun to watch.

Yeah, but she aquired a bad attitude and used up every shred of sympathy she had from people.

>What was up with everyone crying
>and stuff about how hard
>their lives have been?
>You know, if Miss Hilton
>really wanted to help someone
>with a bad life, she
>could adopt a starving child.
> I wasn't too impressed
>with what I did see
>of last nights episode.

Yeah, that part was just disgusting.

I like this show, but it's not something I look forward to, per se. It's more like oh yeah, this is on. I think it was a good idea, the whole Pygmalion thing, but it just didn't...reach its potential. I do love all the stuff that's done around New York City. Oh yeah, and I like the theme song! It really suits the show.

08-03-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
>
>I like this show, but it's
>not something I look forward
>to, per se. It's more
>like oh yeah, this is
>on. I think it was
>a good idea, the whole
>Pygmalion thing, but it just
>didn't...reach its potential. I do
>love all the stuff that's
>done around New York City.
>Oh yeah, and I like
>the theme song! It really
>suits the show.
>
>

I find myself saying "Isn't this show finished yet?" I think they need to end it soon. I enjoyed it earlier. But as the weeks go by I lose more and more interest in it. I don't even really like anyone left on the show. And Kathy seems more interesting in just picking who she wants to win. Rather than who does well or deserves to win, etc. Only Kathy seems to understand why someone will be picked the winner. And I have lost interest.

08-03-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""

> And
>Kathy seems more interesting in
>just picking who she wants
>to win. Rather than
>who does well or deserves
>to win, etc. Only
>Kathy seems to understand why
>someone will be picked the
>winner. And I have
>lost interest.

Awww, c'mon, Loree! Next week's the last one! Are you gonna watch? Aren't you curious to see how it will turn out?

Hmm. Jaret, Vanessa, Jackaay. Who will win? I guess it depends on whether Kathy wants someone who's already a pretty close fit with less to work on (Vanessa) or a total fish out of water doofus who will totally be awestruck by everything (Jackaay) or someone in between (Jaret).

I forget what exactly the prize entails--I know there's money, like a 1/4 million or so, but what else? Does Kathy have to actually hang out with the winner for a year or have any contact whatsoever? Or does Kathy wash her hands of this experience entirely? The answer to that will probably determine who wins, not whatever task is performed!

08-04-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
> Does Kathy
>have to actually hang out
>with the winner for a
>year or have any contact
>whatsoever? Or does Kathy wash
>her hands of this experience
>entirely? The answer to that
>will probably determine who wins,
>not whatever task is performed!
>

I agree. If Kathy has to stay in touch with the winner I think she will pick Vanessa. If she just wants to feel good about helping someone she will probably pick Jackaay. Jaret is just somewhere in the middle.

And yes I will watch the finale. I have wasted enough time on this show now that I may as well watch the finale. But if they ever made a season 2 I would not watch it. But considering the ratings I don't really fear that happening.

08-05-05, 01:05 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""

>I agree. If Kathy has
>to stay in touch with
>the winner I think she
>will pick Vanessa. If
>she just wants to feel
>good about helping someone she
>will probably pick Jackaay.
>Jaret is just somewhere in
>the middle.
>
>And yes I will watch the
>finale. I have wasted
>enough time on this show
>now that I may as
>well watch the finale.
>But if they ever made
>a season 2 I would
>not watch it. But
>considering the ratings I don't
>really fear that happening.

Yep.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
>I find myself saying "Isn't this show finished yet?"

You and me both. I even stopped recording it on my DVR because I never went back and watched the previous episodes.

And for those of you who don't realize how bad that is, let me put it in perspective - I've still got The Cut on my DVR lineup...and I've watched all of the episodes.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-04-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
I agree that this show is getting very painful to watch.

I went the otherway from you Bebo. The Cut was cut from my VCR after two episodes.

I may be Out of Style but for one more week I'll be On the List.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
I'm tempted to return, if only to find out if Jaret gets to move his parents out of the mobile home so that he can move in.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-04-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
Too funny! I read that and a co-worker walked by looking confused as to why I'm sitting at my desk laughing, all alone, by myself.

It would only be one painful hour out of your life to see that. I, on the otherhand have no interest whatsoever in who wins the Cut.

Bring on Martha Stewart!

She's gonna demonstrate how to make a shank on her first episode.

08-06-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Last nights "Hilton""
I've been thinking the same thing about "why do I keep watching this?" It really started out relatively good, but it got worse from week to week.

Oh and all of Kathy's voice overs are driving me crazy. Anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's because I've been in radio my whole life, I don't know but at least 4-5 times an episode she'll be talking to the team and telling them their tasks or whatever and the shot will change to something else and then even though she's finishing her sentence or whatever, her voice changes considerably. It goes from "talking live" to "reading scripted in the editing room later." Many many shows do this, the trick is that to be a professional, you have to be able to "read" without making it "sound like you're reading."

Tommy Hilfiger has the same problem on The Cut. You can always tells when he's doing a voice over...

Another thing that really bothers me is the whole "never touch the wine glass with your fingers, always hold it by the stem." Every single week when Kathy toasts those who are "On the list" she holds the glass by the ball instead of the way she taught her apprentices. (I've been a wine drinker for years. My uncle who makes wine taught me how to taste wine back when I was a teenager and he NEVER told me I had to hold the glass by the stem.) I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say this is the way to do it. Go to a winery sometime and look at the tasters, they don't hold the glasses by the stems... Crazy!

I really don't care who wins and I think maybe unless there's nothing else on that I won't finish watching this show...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •