The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Comparison of second season to the first"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-27-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Comparison of second season to the first"
As the show ended last night, I couldn't help but think how wonderful it was that everyone bonded so well. Everyone seemed to have gotten to know each other and it appeared that some genuine friendships were made. This wasn't as obvious last season.

Overall, it makes me want to watch this show, and I hope there will be several seasons of it. Even though the music sucked at times, the quality of the professionals, the costuming, and the judging were very good. They utilized some new ideas (having Tom and Samantha dance) which worked well.

The first season was ok, but there have been definite improvements It will be interesting to see what happens next time.

P.S. What's up though, with John O'Hurley being absent last night? Looks like they'd rather sweep that one under the carpet. And he's off doing commercials and other stuff so maybe he turned down an invite for an appearance on the finale.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Comparison of second season to ... Hoobie 02-27-06 1
 RE: Comparison of second season to ... LisaPles 02-27-06 2
 RE: Comparison of second season to ... DooWahDitty 02-27-06 3
 RE: Comparison of second season to ... mtopaz 02-27-06 4
   RE: Comparison of second season to ... DooWahDitty 02-27-06 5
       RE: Comparison of second season to ... bookwomanblue 02-27-06 6
           RE: Comparison of second season to ... DooWahDitty 02-27-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Comparison of second season to the first"
Lots of improvements year over year. The biggest being Samantha over Lisa. Samantha, although not great, is a vast improvement. Maybe we can get move it up a notch in Season 3?

Also - I was a bit disappointed at the start of the season in the selection of "stars". I can happily say though, that I liked all of them (except P) very much.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Comparison of second season to the first"
>As the show ended last night,
>I couldn't help but think
>how wonderful it was that
>everyone bonded so well.
>Everyone seemed to have gotten
>to know each other and
>it appeared that some genuine
>friendships were made.

Yes, I thought that was a really nice thing about this season, too. The mix of different people is what can make the show fun if they have the right people. I also thought, isn't it ironic that Drew beat Jerry Rice for a trophy!
I thought it was nice when Drew said that if any of the other pairs won the trophy they would be deserving and that he would be happy for them. I felt like that was genuine even knowing that Drew is obviously very competitive.

02-27-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Comparison of second season to the first"
What do you want to bet they are even now thinking of a charismatic sports figure like Jerry Rice for next season? They probably already have someone in mind.

I'm very pleased with the way the show ended up. Either Lisa or Jerry had to go, and since I liked them both equally it was a tough choice.

For once a show went the way it's supposed to

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Comparison of second season to the first"
The first season was something I just accidentally stumbled onto. I was flipping the channels and came on the first or second episode, stayed to watch for a while and I was hooked. I liked the campiness, and enjoyed John O'Hurley's persona very much.

I do think the second season was even better than the first, and in large part because they showed us the comradarie between the celebrities/dancers. I liked seeing them goof off each other. The only one who seemed a bit of a pill was Tatum O'Neil, and I think it was fortunate she was one who got eliminated early. Master P was personally annoying to me, mainly because he didn't put much effort into actually trying to dance. Watching him clump around the floor was painful. But the producers didn't mean to have him in the competition, and I hope they have improved their "back up" system for next season, should a star have an injury or other reason that they can't participate at the last minute.

Also, I'm not sure about the voting system, and giving equal weight to the audience vote. I imagine the producers will go with whatever system they think will garner the most viewers. It does bother me that Master P lasted waaaay longer than he should have, but ultimately, it didn't ruin the show for me, nor affect the final outcome.

Sig pic by JSlice

02-27-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Comparison of second season to the first"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-06 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Right. I hadn't planned on this show being something that would draw me in. The first season was tolerable, but there was something about it that felt wrong. The two finalists were vastly different, were both vastly improved, and turned out very good. When two teams have such vastly different dancing styles, appearances and fan bases as John and Kelly did in Season 1, it's difficult for the public to deal with. I simply liked them both and at the end I thought they should both win.

In the case of this season, Drew clearly edged out everyone in terms of dance talent and charisma. He simply had the winning combination. It would have been really interesting to see if Lisa had been in the mix instead of Jerry. Probably the same result, as mentioned by Fantasy and others.

ET: remove extra word

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-27-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Comparison of second season to the first"
John O'Hurley is appearing on Broadway in Chicago, so I'm sure he couldn't make it to LA for the finale. If he was even invited, that is.

02-27-06, 08:47 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Comparison of second season to the first"
Good for him! He's fun. It seems he would have been there if he could, but it may also have ended up being an excuse not to be present. Interesting they never referred to him last night (unless I didn't catch it).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •