The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-19-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
Begins Thursday, August 18th at 9pm Eastern.

http://nbcumv.com/bravo/release_detail.nbc/bravo-20050707000000-bravodealsafullh.html

Players:

Game 1 (Reality All-Stars)- Premieres: Thursday, August 18
Jonny Fairplay ("Survivor: Pearl Islands"), Andrew Firestone ("The Bachelor"), Charla Pihlstrom ("Amazing Race"), Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth ("The Apprentice"), Trishelle Cannatella ("The Real World").

Game 2 - Premieres: Thursday, August 25
Cheryl Hines, Anthony Anderson, Michael Vartan, Amber Tamblyn, Alex Trebek

Game 3 (Boys Night Out) - Premieres: Thursday, September 1
Howie Mandel, Meatloaf, Stephen Collins, Bryan Cranston, Peter Dinklage

Game 4 (Ladies Night) - Premieres: Thursday, September 8
Kathy Najimy, Caroline Rhea, Sharon Lawrence, Kathryn Morris, Ricki Lake

Game 5 (Rosie & Friends) - Premieres: Thursday, September 15
Rosie O'Donnell, Mo Gaffney, Travis Tritt, Eddie Cibrian, Penny Marshall

Should be an interesting season!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... Estee 07-19-05 1
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... Fishercat 07-19-05 2
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... CattyChat 07-20-05 3
       RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... uglier than sarah w 07-21-05 4
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... Fishercat 08-04-05 5
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... Fishercat 08-15-05 6
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... Estee 08-15-05 7
       RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Seaso... Fishercat 08-15-05 8
           Phil Gordon bebekid 08-15-05 9
               RE: Phil Gordon Fishercat 08-16-05 12
                   RE: Phil Gordon Bebo 08-16-05 13
                   Update Fishercat 08-30-05 27
           Give it a shot. Estee 08-15-05 10
               RE: Give it a shot. uglier than sarah w 08-16-05 11
 First Episode is tonight Fishercat 08-18-05 14
   RE: First Episode is tonight Estee 08-19-05 17
 Early Episode 1 thoughts Fishercat 08-18-05 15
 How did this happen? Fishercat 08-18-05 16
   RE: How did this happen? Estee 08-19-05 18
       RE: How did this happen? Fishercat 08-19-05 19
       RE: How did this happen? Fishercat 08-19-05 20
 Game 2 bebekid 08-25-05 21
   RE: Game 2 Estee 08-25-05 22
       RE: Game 2 Fishercat 08-25-05 23
           RE: Game 2 Estee 08-26-05 24
               RE: Game 2 Fishercat 08-26-05 25
   RE: Game 2 CattyChat 08-28-05 26
 Game 4 bebekid 09-08-05 28
   RE: Game 4 Estee 09-08-05 29
       RE: Game 4 bebekid 09-08-05 30
 Game 5 bebekid 09-15-05 31
 Championship Game tonight! bebekid 09-22-05 32
   RE: Championship Game tonight! CattyChat 09-22-05 33
       RE: Championship Game tonight! Estee 09-22-05 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
Yahoo!

Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy happy happy, happy happy joy joy joy! I'd given up on checking Bravo for news... thank you!

Okay -- time for my completely inaccurate preseason picks! (Remember: I haven't gotten one right yet!)

Game 1 (Reality All-Stars)- Premieres: Thursday, August 18
Jonny Fairplay ("Survivor: Pearl Islands"), Andrew Firestone ("The Bachelor"), Charla Pihlstrom ("Amazing Race"), Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth ("The Apprentice"), Trishelle Cannatella ("The Real World").

Anyone But Jon.

This is a group with no visible poker experience, which makes it a little harder to call. We know Fairplay can bluff, and Firestone can lie, and Trishelle can -- be there... Voldemort's starting to look a little less snake-like by the week, but I'm going to go way against the popular tide here 'cause I still think she could have won the Race if she'd been teamed with an imaginary friend.

The call: Charla.

Game 2 - Premieres: Thursday, August 25
Cheryl Hines, Anthony Anderson, Michael Vartan, Amber Tamblyn, Alex Trebek

No contest. As tempted as I am to go with Michael's previous experience, there is no competition for 'This person just went all-in with a pair of aces and caught a set on the flop to win the pot.' And we've all seen his poker face.

The call: Alex Trebek.

Game 3 (Boys Night Out) - Premieres: Thursday, September 1
Howie Mandel, Meatloaf, Stephen Collins, Bryan Cranston, Peter Dinklage

Huh. Another hard one, but I'm going to go with the sympathy vote here because I'm one of the few real Celebrity Blackjack devotees and this poor man got his bankroll wiped out by one of Dealer Dave's nightmare runs against the table. If anyone's due to catch a few pocket pairs, it's him. Like a bat out of hell, he'll be raising when the button comes...

The pick: Meatloaf.

Game 4 (Ladies Night) - Premieres: Thursday, September 8
Kathy Najimy, Caroline Rhea, Sharon Lawrence, Kathryn Morris, Ricki Lake

Anyone But Caroline Rhea. And I mean it. If she wins, Estee gonna throw up. I had to deal with her on two seasons of CB and once as champion, she finally lost and whined her way out of the room, she combines in one overwrought, overloud be-yotch the world's worst winner and the world's worst loser... What I want for dear Caroline is a tie for the series speed record: out on the first hand.

Once that's out of the way, the rest of the night is a victory dance.

The call: Kathy Najimy.

Game 5 (Rosie & Friends) - Premieres: Thursday, September 15
Rosie O'Donnell, Mo Gaffney, Travis Tritt, Eddie Cibrian, Penny Marshall

What? No Tom Cruise?

I'm going to go with experience here and take the veteran from all the way back in Season One, who must be thrilled now that Dave's co-hosting and that other guy -- who was he, anyway? -- is gone forever. Just that is enough to make anyone loosen up and play good poker. After that, all you need is a card or two, and it's Silver Chip City. (Plus a reunion at the final table, which should make for some good banter.)

The call: Mo Gaffney

And the winner of the biggest share of the Fill In The Sponsor's Name Prize Pool: Alex Trebek.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-19-05, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
The first table could be the best table known to man. Typically, the mind-numbingly idiotic get booted early or really late. Ask Calling Station Quinn (Hm. I have a 4-7 offsuit, the flop is A-K-K, my tight opponent went all-in. I think I'll call. Oh no, he revealed A-Q. Then proceeds a four on the turn and a four on the river where he has a set of fours over two pair (Aces and Kings)). That either bodes horribly or really well for Trishelle. My question is, if she and Johnny Fairplay are the final two, will she blow him to throw the game, where he will proceed to tell her his grandmother died and he must win to pay for her funeral.

As for the others, Charla has to see the cards, so her chances are limited when Fairplay is peaking when she lifts them off the table ever hand. Janice's inferior? Well, no. Isn't there a rule against appearing on three reality shows then playing poker? Andrew will go crying off the stage when people let out an audible "who?" when he is announced.

If Alex Trebek doesn't win Table 2, it will be a war crime.

Table 3 has exactly two guys I know by sight. I hope Meatwad...err...loaf and Cranston face off.

Table 4, if Caroline or Ricki don't win, I'll be happy.

Travis Tritt and Mo Gaffney are back? Wow. I'm cheering for Travis since my mother loves him.

If the tables go the way I want, we'll get a final table of:

Table 1: Phil Hellmuth hits the table and lays down the ownage, getting a spot. If that doesn't happen, Phil Gordon will absorb them all for sucking too much and take their spot. If not that, then I guess...hmmm...Voldy. I don't know who Firestone is, Jonny and Trishelle had too much TV time already (read: one second), and Charla annoys me. At the very least, she'll start casting some of the unforgiveable curses upon her opponents and she'll finish Fairplay off with some Avada Kedavra and quad Queens when he bluffs with three sixes and she laughs at the cards which proceed to incinerate.

Table 2: Alex Trebek. If it's not him or Amber Tamblyn, someone dies. Not saying who or if I'll do it, but someone will.

Table 3: Bryan Cranston. Just to see the helpless/panic face at the final table when the Table 1 winner is hanging him upside down by his ankle

Table 4: Kathy Najimy. The only name that A) I recognize and B) I don't dislike

Table 5: If my table one player makes it, Rosie O'Donnell. If not, Travis Tritt.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-20-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
YIPPEE!! Loved this show from the first season and have been wondering if it was coming back.

Too early to make any predictions on winners, but with some of these tables, I don't know how they are going to get any poker playing in with the egos and mouths -- ESPECIALLY the first show -- the two of my most-hated people in reality history going head-2-head, mouth-2-mouth, ego-2-ego? Fairplay v. Omarosa could go down in history as the BEST show EVER.

I have been advocating the removal of the Omarosa stain from our televisions since N-gate, but THIS I HAVE TO SEE!!!! May the fur fly and they take each other out and never to be heard of again.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-21-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
> Fairplay v. Omarosa could
>go down in history as
>the BEST show EVER.
>
>I have been advocating the removal of the Omarosa stain from our televisions since N-gate, but THIS I HAVE TO SEE!!!! May the fur fly and they take each other out and never to be heard of again.
>
>

Awesome...I totally agree...Omarosa playing poker is the best idea ever!

08-04-05, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
Saw the commercial and we're only two weeks away. I'm actually excited for this. With the new WSoP Broadcasts and little else for poker, I could use some celebrity idiocy!

I saw the repeat last night where Phil Gordon called Jeff Gordon an idiot for not putting 600 more into a pot of 7200 (I think) with his opponent all-in. Good times.

08-15-05, 02:18 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
I'm hyped. Over the past week, since I've been up past four in the morning and woke up at 3 PM or so, I've caught CPS episodes often.

I saw the Colin Quinn saga, which is arguably the best two-episode set in the CPS series. Both for his absolutely ridiculous plays and people trying to bluff him repeatedly. I think it's funny how a total of 8 players didn't realize that unless you go all-in, Quinn will call. It doesn't matter what he has pre-flop, because he will either

A) Flop trips or two pair
or
B) Flop nothing

If he flops a hand, he isn't going to fold. You could bet CNN and U.S. Steel, and he will not fold his sixes and fours, even if you started with Kings and the flop was 9-6-4. If he doesn't flop a hand, you can bet anything but all-in and he'll call. Even better, he caught the cards to get all the way to Brad Garrett, who proceeded to get hands and bust him (Quinn, at one point, had 82% of the chips).

Colin Quinn was one of the best things to happen to CPS.

Maybe the most entertaining player combination as Jason Alexander and Chris Kattan. I'm absolutely serious here. Chris bet 200 dollars into a 5,000 pot. Then Jason would re-raise 400. Chris would call. Nicholas Gonzalez (likely the best player at the table) looked positively stunned. Absolutely hilarious.

After this season, they need to do a big show for charity, winning player gets 250k donated to charity. A 12 person table, the 5 champions, Colin Quinn and Chris Kattan (for pure humor sakes), and 5 pro players. Just to see what happens.

I'm hyped.

08-15-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
Y'know the only real problem with this show? It's virtually impossible to write summaries for. I keep thinking someone should tackle the first episode with that Reality Table, just to make an official record of it -- but making fun of a bunch of people sitting around a table for two hours (and doing very little else) while still keeping the poker action descriptions from getting boring... ack.

08-15-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season Six"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-05 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

I'm trying to think of a way in which it would be possible, but I'm having issues as well. If Phil Gordon was clinically insane but a poker genius, and yelled after every bad move, we could have a show. If I do think of a way, I'll be sure to send it along since the show has some potential for summarization in the pure material, but it's difficult to mold into a summary. Still, Cheap Seats was able to do an episode on it (even better, the WSoP 1998, which had some material), so it passes the Sklar Brothers test. If I think of a way, I'd be willing to do it, maybe I'll just need to channel Phil Hellmuth or something.

I got Sliced and Iced!

08-15-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Phil Gordon"
Hey, Fishercat! Can you tell me when/where I might could catch some Phil Gordon games? I saw him play a WPT game 2 or 3 weeks ago on The Travel Channel. He won that game. I was quite surprised at his demeanor at times. He seemed angry and "in your face" with a few of the other players. Then he seemed to be happy for a few other players even when they beat him.

Obviously, I know him best from CPS. But I would like to watch more of his games.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

08-16-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Phil Gordon"
Let's see, going off of pure memory

Phil Gordon has been on the WPT twice in his career. The episode you saw was the Bay 101 Shooting Stars competition, a fun little tournament with the top pros and celebrities getting a bounty on their heads. He faced up mainly with Chris Moneymaker, a somewhat fluky World Champion (showing that having a braclet hardly makes you a top player, especially since Phill doesn't have one). As you said, he won that on, what I believe to be, the only double-elimination for the win that has ever occured on the WPT.

He also has a WPT appearence in the first season. Your best chance to find that episode are the DVDs, or maybe the 12 PM Saturday broadcast. He was on the Aruba epsiode, where pros and amateurs separated. Spoilers on the episode in invisible text. Gordon was able to defeat his pro table (Kathy Liebert, Scotty Nguyen, and someone else), but was downed brutally by Juha Helppi (sp?) from the amateur table, now a pro.

I don't think he's been on tv elsewhere. He did do Binion's web broadcast for the WSOP Final Table and he has a few World Series final tables (not necessarily main event). One of the better current player without a bracelet. Maybe he's been on Poker Royale, I don't know.

Can't help you a whole lot there, but he hasn't been on tv that much, but you can get his basic impression from CPS. He's actually really well restrained considering how badly many of them play.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Phil Gordon"
If he was on Poker Royale, it was during a prior season.

But on the subject of reality contestants playing poker, Tammy Pescatelli is one of the players in the current season of Poker Royale. It's comedians vs. pros. The pros had been doing a major beat-down of the comedians at first, with the only decent showing being Robert Wuhl's second-place finish. But I watch Tammy win last week's game, beating Robert Williamson in heads-up. I think the Unabomber finished third.

08-30-05, 08:54 PM (EST)
27. "Update"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-05 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

Phil Gordon is on a WSoP Event right now, he just doubled up with K-Q from K-10. He raised as the first guy into the pot and went all-in with the best hand. He actually said "Phil Gordon is 93% to win" when both hands were revealed.

Nice. He's also hosting (sort of) a part of a segment called "The Nuts" (Basically WSoP Humor segment), hosting a Rock/Paper/Scissors Championship (200 dollar buy in) as a satellite for the main event and charity.

ETA: Well, he just went out on a brutal beat (Lost with A-A to 10-10), but they got an interview in there, him doubling up, and winning 100 bucks in a Best 2 of 3 Rock-Paper-Scissors

08-15-05, 07:49 PM (EST)
10. "Give it a shot."
How much could it hurt?

Don't answer that.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Give it a shot."
Like I said, sooo looking forward to the Reality Night...those guys are competitors!

08-18-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
14. "First Episode is tonight"
I'm still weighing whether to try a summary of this. The material is there for sure, but getting it all together over two hours? Harsh. It won't be good if I do it, but I might owe this one to certain people (okay, a certain person) who is still battling the Surreal Life.

Either way, it should be fun. If VH1 showed a Surreal Life repeat Tuesday or Friday, the Dark Lord has been on three different reality shows three straight days.

08-19-05, 08:34 AM (EST)
17. "RE: First Episode is tonight"
If VH1 showed a Surreal Life repeat Tuesday or Friday

...if?!?

08-18-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
15. "Early Episode 1 thoughts"
-If I write a summary, there is a certain movie star from last year (or 2003, not sure) that he looks a lot like.

-Voldemort hasn't played enough yet to let me know if she plans to cast spells later or if the deck is simply rigged with a curse to give her all the chips near the end (she hasn't played much)

-Not shockingly, Phil Gordon picked Trishelle (note: If there is an attractive female in the bunch, Phil will pick her unless there is a male who is clearly a ringer for the game. See Elizabeth, Shannon. Although Shannon knew how to play), and Trishelle went out first. According to the CPS rules, that means Dave's pick (Voldy) is gone next

-Only on Celebrity Poker will you get a four person pot with no raises when two players have 9-9 and A-K respectively. Then the flop comes A-9-K, with a river K to give them both full houses. Not shockingly Trishelle went home with a 9's full of Kings

-The early order of how good they play (Andrew Firestone-Jonny Hairspray-Charla Bakalayan (wasn't it Faddoul?)-Omarosa, but Omarosa has the previously mentioned Death Eaters from the Surreal Life).

-Jon's boyfriend is out of town.

-Omarosa has been talking some serious smack about Jonny Fairplay, actually good insults so far from her.

-Jonny is a slightly more rational Colin Quinn.

-Phil said "I hope Jonny doesn't call this all-in with his pair of nines", and Dave said "Because then he would come back here".

I love this show.

08-18-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
16. "How did this happen?"
OK, Omarosa is now the crowd favorite and mine at the table. She's not likely to win versus Firestone, but she knocked out Jonny Hairspray AND she's busted him at every single oppurtunity.

FWIW, this is the first time I've ever heard the crowd boo a player here, and Dennis Rodman was on the show twice.

08-19-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
18. "RE: How did this happen?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-05 AT 08:57 AM (EST)

Migawd, man -- you have to try. What an episode! What lousy poker-playing! What a night for Phil and Dave! Seriously, have either of them ever been on their game like that for two straight hours, let alone both of them at once? There were lines being fired out of the Loser's Lounge left and right, and no one was safe. Especially if 'no one' was the wire-headed blonde in the middle seat. 'A twenty-three percent chance of our being miserable...' Glorious. And Phil's dry notation that if you have a pair, you've just got to defend it. And watching Dalton ('cause I'm not going to call him the other thing) getting progressively drunker until he finally hiccuped out the immortal line about Voldy from the Lounge: 'Who the (censored) made her into the good guy? Oh, right. It was me. My bad.' You could make out a Top Ten list of lines from last night with very little effort, and I'm seriously thinking about watching the first available rerun just to relive the good bits. It was Basher's Night on CPS, with P&D honorary site members now and forever. They were basically trying to write the summary from the desk. What's the snark count, Phil? Wow. People must be quoted.

(Weird thought: if we got a low-tier Celebrity Amazing Race, Phil and Dave would have to run together. The dynamic is there.)

-Only on Celebrity Poker will you get a four person pot with no raises when two players have 9-9 and A-K respectively. Then the flop comes A-9-K, with a river K to give them both full houses. Not shockingly Trishelle went home with a 9's full of Kings

I can't blame Trishelle for defending her out hand. As Phil said, he would have gone broke there too. It's almost impossible to get away from a full house.

-Jon's boyfriend is out of town.

Jon's boyfriend is out of reality.

She Who Must Not Be Hired has been talking some serious smack about Jonny Fairplay, actually good insults so far from her.

Yep, Voldy was on her bashing game, too -- although I'm not exactly ready to induct her just yet. Or possibly ever. But the taunts were flying from all sides.

-Jonny is a slightly more rational Colin Quinn.

I kept waiting for Jon -- or anyone -- to play 2-7 offsuit. We came close when Andrew drew it, but Andrew was the only one who believed in the art of the semi-regular fold, so there was only about a one-in-four chance of his going in with it. If someone had been in the pot before him, he might have given it a try. After about the half-hour mark, I started to actively pray for someone -- anyone -- to raise before the flop. With any cards. Ever. I normally like family pots because they're so rare, it makes them a fun event -- but every other hand? This is what poker looks like with no agression whatsoever: tons of hands played, weird winning cards... And as for Jon being a slight more rational anything -- I'm not assigning him sentience just yet.

-Phil said "I hope Jonny doesn't call this all-in with his pair of nines", and Dave said "Because then he would come back here".

That was up there.

Did you notice there were three or four hands where if Charla had stayed in, she would have won the pot -- and all of them came after she folded on a made straight and a straight flush draw? Served her right.

FWIW, this is the first time I've ever heard the crowd boo a player here, and Dennis Rodman was on the show twice.

Yeah, and I don't think they stacked the deck against Jon with an audience full of Survivor fans -- he just got on everyone's nerves that quickly.

Lousy poker -- but a great episode.

08-19-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: How did this happen?"
I'll try the summary then, I'll be off in a little bit to watch my copy of the tape.

This episode is the prime example of the genius to dump Kevin Pollak and hire Dave.

This is what makes CPS showdown watchable. It's not necessarily the fact that celebrities are playing poker poorly or the whole concept, rather the fact that Phil and Dave are announcing it while the game is going on, and the laid-back atmosphere lends itself to anything. In this episode, it turned out to be some of the best bashes ever. Phil's really improved his game, going from simply pointing out player flaws to absolutely harping on them with a dry humor he seemed to develop.

I can't blame Trishelle for defending her out hand. As Phil said, he would have gone broke there too. It's almost impossible to get away from a full house.

Nor can I. I still think that Phil trying to change his pick eight minutes in was one of the more amusing moments in the show. Has he tried to change his pick before? However, when you have a full boat that can only be beaten by a handful of hands (I think a high pocket pair or A-K, but I'll have to remember the hand) and your opponent didn't raise pre-flop, you have to put him, on at best, trips (maybe K-x) in my book. With the loose play he could have anything. Still, love how play turns into that.

Yep, Voldy was on her bashing game, too -- although I'm not exactly ready to induct her just yet. Or possibly ever. But the taunts were flying from all sides.

She did have an easy target, and for her, that's simply Neville fodded.

I kept waiting for Jon -- or anyone -- to play 2-7 offsuit. We came close when Andrew drew it, but Andrew was the only one who believed in the art of the semi-regular fold, so there was only about a one-in-four chance of his going in with it. If someone had been in the pot before him, he might have given it a try. After about the half-hour mark, I started to actively pray for someone -- anyone -- to raise before the flop. With any cards. Ever. I normally like family pots because they're so rare, it makes them a fun event -- but every other hand? This is what poker looks like with no agression whatsoever: tons of hands played, weird winning cards... And as for Jon being a slight more rational anything -- I'm not assigning him sentience just yet.

And Andrew won, showing he was the only one at the table who actually played poker somewhat. Although I'm still waiting until someone does do that. They have no issue playing 8-3, but 7-2 is just too bad. Wait...you can raise pre-flop? Since when?

Did you notice there were three or four hands where if Charla had stayed in, she would have won the pot -- and all of them came after she folded on a made straight and a straight flush draw? Served her right.

She actually folded the nuts, which is something I have never seen.

Yeah, and I don't think they stacked the deck against Jon with an audience full of Survivor fans -- he just got on everyone's nerves that quickly.

Lousy poker -- but a great episode.

Yep. For sure.

08-19-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
20. "RE: How did this happen?"
Well, writing down every little detail for summarizing (watching half the episode tonight, half tommorow, and then ideally writing it Sunday) makes you notice a lot more. Wow, they were really ripping on him.

08-25-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
21. "Game 2"
is the "Boys Night Out" game. I guess the original article had the premiere dates wrong.

Estee predicted Meat. Lessee if she's correct.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

08-25-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Game 2"
If Howie wins, the next sound you hear will be Fishercat loading his rifle and heading for the Palms.

08-25-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Game 2"
If he won, with that play on the first hand, well, suffice to say the words "electric", "chair", and "Kathy Griffin" would be involved. I'm not saying how.

He didn't win though, we did get our first CPS Double KO, and Cranston ALMOST won...

08-26-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Game 2"
(Might as well break it down -- I didn't do this for the first show 'cause I didn't want to step on the summary.)

And he might have won, too, if Howie hadn't been the single worst player to ever sit at that table. I'd rather have Chris Kattan back. I'd still watch Howie a second time before seeing Caroline Rhea for a first, but that's a personal loathing and has nothing to do with poker play.

The sad part? I knew Howie was going to be around for a while just because of the stupid commercials. The ads kept showing him winning a hand with a full house, and then pulling a Richard Kind and going face-to-card-camera... ugh. I spent half the episode dreading that shot. It only took three seconds to learn to dread his play even more. He said it was the first time he'd ever played poker, and I believe him. We can but hope that it was also the last. What a lovely dream for Stephen: to have the absolute nuts and an idiot on the other side of the table drawing dead, but still putting money into the pot... If only someone had put one of those rubber gloves over his head.

Meatloaf... (Meat? Mr. Loaf?) He was loud. He was way too careful about which hands he played and then way too unlucky when he actually went in. (Then again, everyone had some weird folds -- letting go of a pocket pair when pretty much no one was raising before the flop?) He came, he saw, he made some references to his own songs, he was bitter, and he left. With company. It was kinda-sorta ironic that with Howie's real goal being some quality time alone in the Loser's Lounge with the hostesses, he didn't even get that... No, Meatloaf cannot get a card. It's officially a running joke.

Peter. I will entertain all theories as to what he was doing there, how he was trying to play, and whether the casting coordinators just had this table's final two in mind and were doing anything they could to guarantee it.

Bryan? He was funny, and Howie wasn't. He could play, and Howie couldn't. He got bad-beat burnt in the end, and you had to expect that just from looking at the clock and seeing how much time the episode had left to run. And I still got the feeling he would have been eaten alive at virtually any other table in any other season...

Stephen -- well, we now have a final table with two-fifths of the population composed of Andrew Firestone and Stephen Collins. Why?

08-26-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Game 2"
The thing about the summary, I watched the the whole two hours of the show, I got the exact quotes (there were some zingers I completely missed), hell, I counted how many times they raised and how many they called/checked pre-flop. In fact, it was about 75 check/calls to 6 raises, 4 of which by Voldemort heads up in the 4 heads up hands. Then the notook (which belongs to my mother) disappeared and I haven't seen it yet. If I find it, I'd be willing to do a summary still.

Anyway

Howie Mandel didn't understand the concept of "short-stacked". At all. He could of used another one of those gloves, just a finger's worth to prevent reproduction so that long-shot odds of inherited characteristics being true doesn't prove true when his poker playing ability passes on. I mean, I still think he was better than Kattan who continued to raise 1/50 of the pot after the flop, but still.

Meatloaf, angry, angry upset man sitting next to Howie Mandel, and while he was better, he got no cards.

My only idea on Peter was to try and get him and Charla to the final table to get a table of short people (and people a little short on intelligence and personability, say Caroline Rhea).

I feel bad for Bryan, he really didn't do anything wrong, he made some amazing bluffs (no Howie, bluffing with K high all-in isn't something you would do, you would've checked and then lost with K-9 after putting in 50% of your chips), he was funny too. He followed Phil's pot odds (first time I've heard this on CPS IIRC) too. And he lost.

As for the winner, before this show, I hadn't seen either of the two winners and I have picked the two second-place winners. Go me.

08-28-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Game 2"
I finally got around to watching Game 2 last night. It was much more entertaining than the huge let down of Reality TV night. There were many great one-liners, but when you have a man named Meat at the table, you would expect that.

Meatloaf was exactly how I expected him to be. I can't believe how much Howie Mandel has changed over the years & I don't understand why he played, since he obviously had no idea what he was doing. He was mildly amusing though.

I was hoping for Cranston to win, but it was just such an entertaining table, overall, I didn't care. Next week is ladies night & I doubt it will be as good as this week was.

09-08-05, 09:17 PM (EST)
28. "Game 4"
Annie Duke makes an appearance and someone is gonna turn quads!

09-08-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Game 4"
Phil's greatest line to date: 'If Anthony folds on this hand, I will shoot myself in the face with a bazooka.'

09-08-05, 10:14 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Game 4"
"Shoot in the face with a bazooka" is a line from a movie or a tv show. I can't place it.

Wait a second. I'm pretty sure Bill Cosby said it in his "Bill Cosby: Himself" stand-up routine/movie.

09-15-05, 07:16 PM (EST)
31. "Game 5"
I'm watching to see everyone but Rosie.

09-22-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
32. "Championship Game tonight!"
History has held that the winner of game 5 wins the championship. That was not true last season with Brad Garrett. But it was true for seasons 2, 3 and 4.

Will Eddie Cibrian have an advantage? We shall see.

I gotta go with Stephen Collins. Not sure why, maybe becuase he is the oldest player at the table. It would be nice for a female to win, though. Any of the players will make a good champion, IMO.

Season 7? starts sometime in October. More details to come...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-22-05, 06:13 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Championship Game tonight!"
This is my fave championship table, because I like all of the players.

I'm going with Eddie, cuz he has the best dimples of the bunch. (Seriously, though, he seems to have the skills.) But I'd be happy with any of them winning.

Thank goodness the only normal and well-adjusted of the Reality TV DAWs is at the table -- I couldn't imagine tonight's game having to look at & listen to either Omagrossa or Fairplay.

09-22-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Championship Game tonight!"
And it already looks like a better viewing option than Donald tonight. Plus the editing won't show us the winner in the first five minutes, which should feel like a treat after this whole last week...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •