The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

31Downtown 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-19-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 31Downtown Click to send private message to 31Downtown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
Morgan Spurlock who brought us the provocative indie film "Supersize Me" now
has a similarly modeled reality series on FX Networks titled "30 Days". A
willing participant is assigned to 30 days in an environment that is alien from
what they are accustomed to. A straight man in a gay household, a Christian in a

Muslim world and other scenarios create this provocative program. The next
episode is this Wednesday.

SYNOPSIS Episode #6 - “Binge Drinking Mom”
airs 7/20 10pm PST/EST

A mother concerned about her daughter’s alcohol consumption now that she is
in college agrees to binge drink for 30 Days to try to get through to her. In
a booze-drenched Freaky Friday scenario, the daughter will see her mother
drunk, vomiting, and hung over as she makes decisions about the tough social
choices she faces every day in college. The mother, on the other hand, will
become
more aware of the enormous social and cultural pressure to drink that faces
kids every day of their college careers.

Official Site:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/30days/main.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Great show Drive My Car 07-19-05 1
   RE: Great show DRONES 07-26-05 5
 RE: morgan spurlock's twist on real... Pretty_Kitty 07-19-05 2
   RE: morgan spurlock's twist on real... uglier than sarah w 07-20-05 3
   RE: morgan spurlock's twist on real... lvoetulips 07-24-05 4
       RE: morgan spurlock's twist on real... CattyChat 07-26-05 6
           RE: morgan spurlock's twist on real... jenniferlyn 08-02-05 7
               RE: morgan spurlock's twist on real... DonnaLynn 08-06-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Great show"
I saw 3 episodes last night and this show is really well done.
I'll be looking for it again, entertaining and insightful.
The Minimun Wage episode was really important, so many people don't realise how hard it is to just get through the month for so many who struggle in this country.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-26-05, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Great show"
I was reading some posts on the FX board about this episode. Supposedly the mother and daughter both posted about their experience with the show. They were saying that the show is fake and scripted.

DRONES

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
there was a post about this but I'm sure it's buried by now I've seen all of them so far on Sunday was the "living off the grid" episode REALLY interesting

Tell all your friends I think everyone should see these shows I've seen the minn. wage episode 3 times it never gets old for me give this man an Emmy!!!!!

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-20-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
Yeah I like it too! I saw the off the grid one and the Muslim one...I need to catch the gay one too. Very thought provoking show and I love the cartoons that they use!

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-24-05, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
I am so in love w/ Morgan. Too bad I'm not a cute vegan.

But, I have seen every ep. of 30 days and absolutely love it. It is always on my Tivo To Do list...

I hope he gets some Emmy recognition for being such a great documentarian. The Muslim episode was my favorite so far, although the growth hormone liver damage guy was a close second.

Sigs by Bob! When the best isn't good enough!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-26-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
So far, I've only seen the Muslim, the Homosexual and the Dancing Rabbit eps. The Muslim one was, by far, the best IMHO, because there is so much for us Americans to learn about true Muslim people and not these horrible terrorists.

I have to say, that Eco challenge was a doozy, I could have sucked it up for most of what they did for the 30 days EXCEPT the whole "humanure" thing. Gross, that's a little extreme. At least use an outhouse, if you don't want to waste precious water down a toilet.

Looking forward to catching other eps, because they are very educational.

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-02-05, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-05 AT 03:26 AM (EST)

I really enjoyed the episode where the guy immersed himself in the Islamic religion. Too bad that some of the shallow hateful people in this year's cast of Big Brother didn't get to see this show. For the first time in Big Brother history, they've brought a devout Muslim (Kaysar Ridha) into the mix of houseguests. One houseguest in particular makes many racist/ethnic comments not only to Kaysar's face, but behind his back as well. And what kills me most, she is a minority herself, as well as a lesbian, and should KNOW better than to spew that awful garbage!! Part of me would like to think that she doesn't realize the ramifications of her words when they're shown on national t.v. (as well as on the 24/7 Live feeds) however the realistic side of me knows better, and knows that even having her watch that particular episode of "30 Days" would make no difference, because it's obvious this hatred runs deep within every fiber of her being.

I truly believe that they should not only nominate Morgan Spurlock for an emmy, but this episode should be shown to kids in every school, whether it's at the Jr High or High School level. Way to go Morgan! You've hit it out of the park on this one!! (and FX, if you're smart, you will NOT cancel this show after 1 season!)

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: morgan spurlock's twist on reality"
I'm so glad you guys alerted me to this show. I watched the Christian living in the gay world and that couple from New York living in the Rabbit Village and whatever that was (UGH, that was just strange!) I also have Tivoed the binge drinking mom but haven't watched yet.

I have since been looking for more episodes but my Tivo isn't finding any. Is this just on as a filler or does it have a set time???? I'd love to see the one about the Islamic religion...

--Donna :~)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •