The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-11-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
LAST EDITED ON 07-11-05 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

ABC has a new 5-part documentary starting this Thursday at 9, that follows 12 women from Manhattan as they experience all aspects of Internet dating. This sounds like it has potential to be both funny and enlightening as the each person's online profile and his/her real size, shape, job, etc. are portrayed.

Edited to change "had" to "has"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... uglier than sarah w 07-11-05 1
   RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... RealityMom 07-11-05 2
 RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... SilverStar 07-14-05 3
   RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... RealityMom 07-14-05 4
       RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... ReggaeInKy 07-14-05 5
           RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... cambo 07-15-05 6
               RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... Fox41 07-15-05 10
               RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... SilverStar 07-15-05 13
               RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... photokitty 08-02-05 28
 RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... RealityMom 07-15-05 7
   RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... cambo 07-15-05 8
       RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... Loree 07-19-05 18
           RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... photokitty 08-02-05 29
               RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... Loree 08-03-05 32
                   RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... photokitty 08-03-05 33
                       RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... Loree 08-04-05 36
                           RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... photokitty 08-05-05 37
 RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... weltek 07-15-05 9
   RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... Fox41 07-15-05 11
       RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... DonnaLynn 07-15-05 12
           RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... photokitty 08-02-05 30
       RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... Loree 07-19-05 19
 Did anyone tape the first episode? doingjustice 07-16-05 14
 RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... RealityMom 07-16-05 15
   RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... DonnaLynn 07-16-05 16
   RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad ... cambo 07-17-05 17
 July 28 Episode RealityMom 07-29-05 20
   RE: July 28 Episode jkokoj 07-29-05 21
       RE: July 28 Episode RealityMom 07-29-05 22
       RE: July 28 Episode Fox41 07-29-05 23
           RE: July 28 Episode jkokoj 08-03-05 34
               RE: July 28 Episode RealityMom 08-03-05 35
                   RE: July 28 Episode photokitty 08-05-05 39
   RE: July 28 Episode Fox41 07-29-05 24
       RE: July 28 Episode RealityMom 07-29-05 25
       RE: July 28 Episode DRONES 08-01-05 26
           RE: July 28 Episode Fox41 08-02-05 27
               Reply, comments about all the wom... photokitty 08-02-05 31
 AUG 4 SHOW photokitty 08-05-05 38
   RE: AUG 4 SHOW RealityMom 08-05-05 40
       RE: AUG 4 SHOW jkokoj 08-05-05 41
           RE: AUG 4 SHOW Fox41 08-05-05 42
           RE: AUG 4 SHOW Fox41 08-05-05 43
               RE: AUG 4 SHOW RealityMom 08-05-05 44
               RE: AUG 4 SHOW photokitty 08-07-05 45
                   RE: AUG 4 SHOW RealityMom 08-07-05 47
       RE: AUG 4 SHOW photokitty 08-07-05 46
           RE: AUG 4 SHOW Acie from Atlanta 08-09-05 48
               Acie, Thanks for joining in! RealityMom 08-09-05 49
                   RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in! Acie from Atlanta 08-09-05 50
                       I'm glad you chose to reply here... photokitty 08-09-05 52
                       RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in! Fox41 08-10-05 53
                           RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in! Acie from Atlanta 08-10-05 54
                               RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in! Fox41 08-11-05 55
               Welcome to SB and Reality TV forums... jkokoj 08-11-05 56
   RE: AUG 4 SHOW Loree 08-09-05 51
 Finale? SilverStar 08-12-05 57
   RE: Finale? ginger 08-12-05 58
       RE: Finale? Fox41 08-12-05 59
   RE: Finale? Fox41 08-12-05 60
       RE: Finale? Loree 08-12-05 62
   RE: Finale? photokitty 08-12-05 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-11-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
Oh yeah, I meant to watch this...the chick in the promo sounds very sex and the city-wannabe like...so I'll be sure to catch it!

07-11-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
You haven't missed the beginning. It starts this Thursday. I realized that I typed "had" rather than "has" and went to edit it but for some reason it didn't get changed. So I'll try again but I responded to you first since your reply came so quickly. It'll be fun to discuss.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-14-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
This show looks like it might be good. I'll probably be taping it tonight, since I don't think I'll be home. Only 5 episodes though, huh? I hate short series like that. Not enough time to get to know the characters.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

07-14-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
Silver,
Today's NY Times reviewed the show and really liked it. The critic found it "comical, sad, entertaining and enlightening" and found the women "realer, say than reality stars". I'm looking forward to watching. My children and their friends have tried on-line dating, with both great and less than great results. So it should be enjoyable. I agree with you about the short length of the series. I was thinking the same thing about several of the shows this summer. It'll be interesting to see if the producers extend the length of "Dancing With The Stars" since it was such a break-out hit.

ReggaeInKy 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-14-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ReggaeInKy Click to send private message to ReggaeInKy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
OMG, the first guy looked like he was 59 y/o, said he was 49. The British guy, the one who told Cynthia that he looked like Fabio, OMG. More like Keith Richards! He lied and his picture that he sent her was, what, 15 years old? Deceiving. She's asking a friend to call the restaurant she is at to get her out of there. OMG. I hope the two doctors hook up, they seem good together, like they might hit it off. He wouldn't be after her money, it seems. I like this show.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-15-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
You gotta love the girl who complained about the guy looking at her chest. HELLO! You have a huge freakin' tattoo on your chest!!

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
"You gotta love the girl who
complained about the guy looking
at her chest. HELLO!
You have a huge
freakin' tattoo on your chest!!"

I know! That's like walking down the
street & letting it ALL hang out & then
getting pissed because people are looking
at you. PLEASE!

07-15-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
LOL. I said the same exact thing. Why put a tattoo there if you don't want people to look? *rolls eyes*

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
>You gotta love the girl who
>complained about the guy looking
>at her chest. HELLO!
> You have a huge
>freakin' tattoo on your chest!!
>

I KNOW! hahahaha

Plus, what's the tattoo of? An arrow! Pointing down, as in look this way! Not to mention, she is wearing a "boob shirt."

07-15-05, 01:06 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
My biggest question: How does Jennifer/Lisa explain not putting her picture online, giving a phony name and not telling her real occupation because she doesn't want her patients to see her on the Net but agreeing to be on national television where 4 million is considered a marginal number of viewers? (BTW, her smile reminded me of Katie Couric's.)
The first date that included horse-back riding was pretty amazing! That guy must be very lucky at poker if he can afford to go on lots of dates if they're all so extravagant.
It was really interesting to see a date from both the guy and the girl's point of view. I was so surprised when Claire introduced the music producer to her friends on their second date. It seemed way too early and I thought he probably felt very pressured. I think that was one reason he broke up with her, if you can call not dating any longer after two dates "breaking up". It'll be interesting to see if these women have better luck in the coming weeks.

07-15-05, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
I'm with you on every point you made. I didn't quite understand Lisa's logic in that either. I have a problem with her giving a phony name. If you want to put a phony name online, fine but at least fess up at the first date.

And Claire giving her date "the friend test" after only one date probably scared the guy off, especially since it was a large group of her friends. He must of felt like he was cornered by a pack of wolves. If it were just one of her female friends it would've been a different story.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
It wasn't just that she introduced her friends. But she left him alone at the table with them. He probably felt outnumbered and cornered.

08-02-05, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
Yeah, I agree with all of you. She was foolish to do that at all, not to mention so soon! I'm a bit surprised the guy didn't excuse himself right then and run away into the night...poor fella, all ganged-up-on, given the third degree!

Silly girl, can you not think for yourself? Must you have your friends' approval to keep dating someone? (This reminds me of Amy, who down the line, takes the poker player to her sister and brother-in-law for approval. Or not.)

08-03-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"

> (This reminds me
>of Amy, who down the
>line, takes the poker player
>to her sister and brother-in-law
>for approval. Or not.)

Oh Amy... I find myself now talking to the TV and telling every guy she meets to run. You know she will drag them over to meet the sister and then dump them. Her sister seems to get this great delight in watching Amy (who she said was always the more popular and better looking) struggle with her relationships. I almost think her sister doesn't want Amy to be happy. It is the one thing the less popular sister has that Amy doesn't. A husband and marriage. So the sister finds something wrong with the men and Amy dumps them. But Amy always finds a way to sleep with them first and then dump them. Amy is a very odd person.

08-03-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
Hi Loree!

I've been watching this show from the beginning (all of 3 weeks) and I just found this forum yesterday! Let's talk! Hey, check out my reply (post #31) to Fox41 where I also did a commentary about the women on this show.

But Amy...whew. I thought of that too, that her sister WANTS her to be alone, but I dunno...she did place that ad to hook Amy up, the one where she said she had a "ceaseless sex drive" (yeah, that'll bring in the quality men, sis!) Yeah, that's a very interesting, complicated dynamic between those two. I just wish Amy would get to know the guy herself, like, for longer than a week, become invested and committed, THEN show the guy to sis. AND DON'T DUMP HIM IF SHE DOESN'T LIKE HIM. Sheesh.

08-04-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
Yes photokitty. Why does Amy feel the need to get her sis' approval. I think the real odd remark was after she brought the gambler to their house for the barbecue. Her brother-in-law just said he never wanted to see the guy again. End of statement. Amy didn't ask why. Was it something the guy had said to the brother-in-law when she wasn't around? And why didn't Amy ever tell the guy what her family had said? She just went along with her family's opinion without asking why or even telling her date the reason and giving him a chance to explain. Very strange actions. I've had family members and friends introduce their new guy and I wasn't crazy about the person. But if they seemed to make my friend or whoever happy I put up with them. Afterall I wasn't dating him, I didn't have to be crazy about the guy. And I think if you don't like the person,a little explanation of why would help. The guy could have been nervous and just gave a bad first impression.

08-05-05, 01:34 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"

Awww, Loree, there ya go, being all logical & stuff!

Well-l-l, the sister did give a little bit of explaination--that Gambler was so in-yer-face, that she felt he was verbally attacking Amy a lot, etc. But I think the remark was that "WE (sister & husband) wouldn't be happy to see him again."

And then Amy said what she said about sleeping with him a few more times. I saw a segment on The View, promoting this show (did you?) and Amy was on, with Reisha and I think, Icky Salon Lady. Amy explained a bit more about the dynamic between the 2 sisters. She said that she really respects her sister's opinion, and that whole "can I sleep with him? NO!" thing was a sort of game they play, where they pretend to ask permission, etc. Yeah, ok. I guess that didn't translate after editing.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
I agree with all of you.

-Chest + tattoo=hello, look at my oobies
-Lying about your name & occupation through the whole first date? Tacky. WTF-he's a surgeon. He's not after your doctor money & he might enjoy you more if you could also talk about your common profession.
-Introducing dude to chick's friends on date two? I wondered about that, but thought maybe it was more than a few dates into it...was it clear about that? Maybe it was a case of misleading editing & it was really a few more dates into the relationship. Regardless, that is tacky. Your friends can get to know him with you there. Oh, and the first-date sneak-attack kiss was gross to watch.
-Husband girl needs to calm down on the hunt. She's not THAT old. I bet she'd end up being a crabby wife.
-Speed dating girl is irritating & rude. Honey, there is a reason you're single.

I'll watch again, although this drivel might get old fast.

07-15-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"

"Speed dating girl is irritating &
rude. Honey, there is
a reason you're single."

I agree with you 100% on that. That woman will NEVER
get a man. Not with that attitude! So she better
start loving the hell out of the single life. She'll
be alone for a long time.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
I thought this would be a great show since I'm no stranger to on-line dating. (I met my husband through Love@Aol and we have been married for 4 years now!)

HATED IT!!!!

I was so disgusted that 40 mins into it I went to bed! They could have picked better people to follow than those they did. Each one of them are shallow people with NO personality whatsoever! YUCK! I'll be surprised if this gets more viewers than Chaotic did!

--Donna :~)

08-02-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
Oh, wow, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm new to this forum, but I've been watching the show for a few weeks now, and I really like it. I hope that I'll see further down that you've given it another chance.

I admit, a large part of the show for me is my love of all things New York! I sometimes re-watch the episodes with the sound off, just to look at the city in the background!

07-19-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"

>
>"Speed dating girl is irritating &
>
>rude. Honey, there is
>a reason you're single."
>
>
>I agree with you 100% on
>that. That woman will
>NEVER
>get a man. Not with
>that attitude! So she
>better
>start loving the hell out of
>the single life. She'll
>
>be alone for a long time.

Boy do I agree on this. I kept wondering what made her think she was so special. Nobody will ever be good enough for her.

doingjustice 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-16-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail doingjustice Click to send private message to doingjustice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Did anyone tape the first episode?"

Did anyone tape the first episode of Hooking Up? I realized after the show that I want to show a clip from the show to a friend of mine. Please e-mail me at alivnjsus@aol.com if you can send me a copy. I will pay a fair price for the copy, shipping, etc.

doingjustice

07-16-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
It looks as if Dr. Jennifer/Lisa's less than forthright approach to On-Line dating extended to her profession as well. Today's NY Times has an article(and also yesterday's NY Post and Daily News) that states that she was denied a medical license in Florida (she has one in NY) for "misrepresenting or concealing material facts". She's appealing the decision but her whole story is pretty murky. ABC, however, in typical network fashion, has said that her "problems would prove embarrassing...only if the show fails to attract viewers".
I think that the plastic surgeon is lucky he got out when he did!

On a lighter note, Elaine (I think) the one who dated the music producer reminded me of someone and I finally remembered who- Amy Jo Johnson, the girl who played Julie on "Felicity".
Again, to me, one of the most fascinating aspects of the show is seeing it from both the man and the woman's point of view. As a female, I almost feel a traitor to my gender but as one who participated in endless relationship discussions from the female point of of view and almost always sided with my friends, it is somewhat of a revelation to see women actually being too pushy, too stifling, too needy. We always said that the men were the jerks (and several of the men on the show and many IRL certainly are) but seeing how some of the women on this show have acted would scare me off, too! Maybe the ultimate lesson from the show will be that both men and women have to be more honest, more kind, more accepting and just step back sometimes and play it a little cooler.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
One of the things that really bothered me about that female Dr.'s lying and not giving her real name and such to the Plastic Surgeon is that how can you possibly hope to have a meaningful relationship with someone when the first thing you tell them is a lie?

When I was in the world of on-line dating, the one thing I saw over and over again was that people were constantly trying to make themselves look better then they actually were. Kinda like that weirdo guitar player guy who sent her a pic from like 15 years ago... There is NOTHING worse than meeting someone for a date and finding out they are not even close to what they made themselves out to be. It's wasting time and energy to do so.

I remember one time a guy e-mailed me wanting to go on a date. After chatting on line for awhile, (at this point I had already agreed to go on a date with him) he started to tell me that he's a millionare and just can't find the right girl to be with... He kept going on and on about how much money he had which should have told me something. Anyway, when I met him he looked completely different than his pic and he's no millionaire. He lives in a little RV behind one of the country clubs in town. His friend owns the club and was letting him park the RV there. The man was so cheap he wanted ME to pay for dinner even though all I had was a coke. (We were supposed to meet for drinks) and he ended up getting a huge platter. I told him to take a hike...

Why do people feel the need to lie? The truth will eventually come out and it's better if you just fess up. Heck, my body is not that of Claudia Schiffer and I never tried to state that it was. I made sure to state that I was overweight and wasn't about to lie to get someone to go out with me.

In the end, I met the love of my life this way and the thing is that we were BOTH honest. It's amazing how many people take the easy road instead of having a little integrity... That Dr. chick deserves to be alone until she can start being true to herself and those around her.

--Donna :~)

07-17-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Hooking up- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" of On-Line Dating"
To me, it's always fascinating how people can take meaningless things and turn them into some sort of sign.

Like when Elaine(?) and her date got some ice cream and he got vanilla with no toppings, which she took as a sign that he's plain and probably not for her. She's looking at things way too closely.

07-29-05, 02:39 AM (EST)
20. "July 28 Episode"
I don't know if anyone's still watching but this show is very discouraging. So far, all these potential relationships are going nowhere. Most of the women want too much, too soon and most of the guys are players. Matt seemed like a good guy and both Reisha and AC seemed like a breath of fresh air. But then they showed the coming attractions for next week and it seems as if things don't continue to go well for Reisha and AC. I don't know what to make of Amy. Last week, she seemed determined to not get physically involved too quickly but it seems as if she forgets that each time she meets a new guy. Both Claire and Lisa from the first episode are AWOL. I'm beginning to think we should bring back matchmakers, yentas and arranged marriages.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-29-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: July 28 Episode"
I watched for the first time last night and was fascinated by the whole thing. I agree that the girls want too much too soon. Also, have guys always been this way? Having several girls at once, booty calls and such? I am just naieve? I don't recall it being so hard when I was in my early 20s.

courtesy of RollDdice

07-29-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
22. "RE: July 28 Episode"
Comparing women to Trail Mix- that's an awful image. My daughter (early 20s) and her friends have tried the Net, as I've mentioned. The good of it- if you have the right attitude, you place less importance on any one person and don't sit by the phone, waiting for "the call" because there are always more fish in the sea. It is also a real ego boost because you can get a lot of attention. The bad- because there seems to be an endless stream of people, you (especially men, it seems) really do wonder if there's something better out there. Certainly, the notches on the belt opportunities seem a major reason men sign on. It's depressing to watch.

07-29-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
23. "RE: July 28 Episode"
>" Also, have guys always
>been this way? Having
>several girls at once, booty
>calls and such? I
>am just naieve? I
>don't recall it being so
>hard when I was in
>my early 20s."

Yes, most of the guys that I know have always been this way. I have seventeen first cousins. ALL of them are male. Some of them are married, & the rest live with girlfriends. ALL of them are players. All of the married ones have had affairs. And the single ones have never been faithful to one woman.

I'm not saying that ALL men are like this. Because we know that's not true. But I know a lot of guys, from all walks of life, who LOVE to play the field.

Dating wasn't hard back in the day. Now days we are playing by a different set of rules. This is the "Get it in a hot minute" generation. People don't take the time to get to know each other. It's all about mind-f*cking. It's not about personality. It's about how HOT she/he is, & what kind of car does he/she drive, & how much money you make.

08-03-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: July 28 Episode"
Thanks for replying Rmom and Fox. I knew a few hound dogs in my day. The reputation preceeded them...lol. But in between I dated several really nice guys. They were not all players and I am pretty sure most dated only me at the time.

Yes, trail mix guy creeped me out to no end. I hope that boy is using protection, yuck. Also, what does his mother think of this? I would be all over my son about his treatment of these girls. Be honest and that will win more points than anything else.

my syren special!

08-03-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
35. "RE: July 28 Episode"
Hi, jko,
Not only trail mix guy but what does Amy's (who's from the Mid West) mother think about her or her sister. Neither is coming across well, at all. Amy is so insecure that she says she won't sleep with a guy and her resolve lasts less time that it takes to sneeze. Her sister doesn't seem to have her(Amy's) best interests in mind.
It's funny. When the first Bachelor aired, I thought how unrealistic it was to have the attention of 25 women all at once. Most of us can barely juggle one or two (if we're lucky) but on-line dating makes it possible to have lots of people going at once. People have met great people on-line. They're out there. You just have to keep your eyes, mind and heart open and as several posters have pointed out, it often happens when you're least expecting it.

08-05-05, 02:44 AM (EST)
39. "RE: July 28 Episode"

> what does Amy's (who's
>from the Mid West) mother
>think about her or her
>sister. Neither is coming
>across well, at all.
>Amy is so insecure that
>she says she won't sleep
>with a guy and her
>resolve lasts less time that
>it takes to sneeze.
>Her sister doesn't seem to
>have her(Amy's) best interests in
>mind.

OH, I KNOW! I thought the same thing, repeatedly, about Amy. She's from South Dakota, and the towns there are not that big, so a lot of people probably know her...they must be so proud. I find it interesting that both sisters moved to the New York City area, too.

07-29-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
24. "RE: July 28 Episode"
>"I don't know if anyone's still
>watching but this show is
>very discouraging."

Yes. This show is very discouraging. It blows my mind to see so many single women SOOOO desperate. Jesus! The women want everything from these online men. And all the men want is SEX. So they go out a few times, play mind games with each other, have sex, and end up in another dead-end relationship. Who in their RIGHT mind can keep doing that year after year? Do people ever learn to be satisfied with their lives? If a relationship happens ... it happens. But don't spend every waking hour, & all your energy trying to make it happen. That never works.

07-29-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
25. "RE: July 28 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-05 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Most of these women are in their late 20s or mid-30s but they reminded me of 6th graders writing their first name with their crush's last name over and over again in their notebooks. Kelly, who I liked, seemed to be pretty together at first, but then she mentioned marriage after just a few dates. It's scary. I didn't even know what to say after last week's episode because Amy seemed such a mass of contradictions. I agree with you that you can't spend "every waking hour..." While you can't sit home and hope things come to you, there's certainly got to be a happy medium and so far, these people haven't found it.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: July 28 Episode"
It blows my mind to see so many single women SOOOO desperate.The women want everything from these online men. And all the men want is SEX.

I think that about says it all. Back in my dating days I could practically smell the desperation on some of the women I dated. If you are hound then you go for the Sex, if your not, then you are completely turned off by their desperation. I fell into the later group.

IMO, this is what happens when you spend to many years focusing on your own needs and potentially pushing aside quality relationships because they will get in the way of you attaining your dreams.

I was fortunate in that my wife was willing to take a chance on me, and so she put her college career on hold. After we had our first child I told her that it might be time for her to go back to school and finish what she started. I've made the necessary sacrafices to make this happen for her. The end result is that she was able to have it all. She's a year and half away from her PhD with our third child on the way. I guess what I'm trying to say in all of this rambling is that it is important to keep your eyes and heart open so that you don't miss a good thing when it finally comes along.
DRONES

08-02-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
27. "RE: July 28 Episode"
Well, it's just kind of strange (to ME) that so many women feel like they HAVE to be married with kids. Every woman in the world can't have a house full of children. There are too many people on the planet as it is. I know women who are depressed because they don't have a man in their life. I know women in their 40's who are still running around at the bars/clubs and acting/dressing like teenagers. It's sad to see so many women brainwashed into this Stepford Wife kind of thinking.

08-02-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
31. "Reply, comments about all the women on the show"
Any woman who watches tv shows, commercials, movies, reads magazines, looks at print advertisments, listens to music with lyrics and generally walks around in society can be eventually convinced that without a house, husband, and children she's just missing out on something major.

It might be an age thing, too. I (very happily) didn't do the whole get married with children thing, and now, at 45, never married and childless, I'm now wondering if maybe I've blown it. Maybe building a family IS the most important thing...

*ahem*

I do like this show, alot. I look forward to it, and I'm sorry when it's over. Here is my commentary:

JENNIFER/LISA, it's such a shame that you lied right out of the gate. Fellow doctor may have been right for you, but I'm thinking he dodged a bullet.

AMY, (aka Husband Girl) really has to let go of her timetable! YIKES! I think, also, that the fact that her younger sister already has a husband, home & baby on the way is a huge part of her problem. Good ol' sibling rivalry...

Her whole "thing" with the poker player was a little over a week, start to finish. That seems crazy to me. And why she needs her sister's okey-dokey to continue dating someone she's interested in, seems nutty, too. And Trail Mix Guy, just go away. Now.

And, she has this idea that AFTER she sleeps with someone is when she'll get to know them better. HONEY! NO! All you learn is whether or not you like to sleep with them! (Which is not a BAD thing, in itself.)

Seriously, Amy, "get to the other side" as you put it, BEFORE you sleep with someone. Weed out the jerks first, darlin'. This new guy, Dr. Matt seems promising, so try to keep your clothes on for more than a week, 'kay?

On the other side, is REISHA, who is putting WAY too much meaning into a kiss on the lips! This is a woman who does not trust herself (or the guy) to stop, ever. I wonder if something happened to her, and then she decided, ok, from now on, I'm not doing ANYTHING. PERIOD.

CLAIRE, who left Mutton-Chops Guy to be devoured by her friends, was silly, but I think it worked out in the end, because he was not right for her. It looked like they got physical because they had nothing to say to each other, and it was a way to fill the awkward silence. Then, she sold herself on him, and got deeper into something that wasn't going to work out anyway! Sheesh! (But, you know I recognize it because I've done it myself...)

And OMG, ICKY RUDE SALON LADY! (I guess I've blocked out her name.) With all her whining about her "run of bad dates!" WOW. The problem couldn't POSSIBLY be you, could it Hon? And, haven't you noticed that none of your photos look like you either? (Where's all that luscious, curly hair? Hmmm?)

And the photographer, MARYAM! Man, I felt sorry for every single person who went out with her. So critical, so jump-down-your-throat! Blecch.

KELLY, well, she just got way too excited about Yacht Guy, way too fast. Got needy, sorta turned into a stalker, a little bit. Plus, she was a bit too in awe of all his STUFF.

Have I forgotten anyone? Can't think of anyone else at the moment.

This program has shown me that I don't want to do online dating, but I may want to try speed dating. Seeing them (and being seen) in person right away seems like the best thing.

08-05-05, 02:25 AM (EST)
38. "AUG 4 SHOW"
AMY, AMY, AMY...
That's it! I've HAD it with Amy! She doesn't know WTH she wants! When she decided to not answer Matthew anymore, I thought, what? After how many dates, two? Three? Amy, you're right, you're NEVER going to get a husband. EVER. Because you don't give a worthwhile guy a chance. What happened to getting to know someone, and then maybe falling in love over time? The operative word here, of course, is TIME, which Amy is running out of, because she has a TIMETABLE. (Hey, I just thought of something! Amy is like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland: I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! And she kind of looks like a rabbit, too, doesn't she, the way her two front teeth are. Not a bad thing, kinda cute.) BUT, SHE CRAZY.

AND, she cuts Dave loose, or, he cuts her loose, whichever it was, and then she's all perturbed. (Don't ya love the way he told it vs. the way WE HEARD IT ON THE PHONE? Sheesh. Guys and their delusions. Hey whatever helps ya look in the mirror, right pal?) Good for her for getting rid of him, though. He was not The One, that's for sure.

REISHA and Acie, oh boy. That was doomed from the start, wasn't it? Long distance, abstinance, plus the whole I-want-a-committment-but-I'm-keeping-my-profile-posted. That was the Nail In The Coffin. Was she even dating anyone else? Or just keeping the door open? They didn't show any others. How many men will Miss Reisha meet who will talk on the phone/computer for months, fly hundreds of miles to see her, twice, WITHOUT EVEN ANY KISSING!!! Yikes. She's nutty, too.

KRISTIN. Thank goodness for Yoga Girl. She seems normal, as in Not Crazy. Not much to say about her, because she was sympathetic. Interesting to see her on all the dull dates--yawns here, glassy eyes there, etc.

SONYA! You lucky duck! Two great guys, and you actually recognized them as such, and gave them a chance! YAY! Good for you sistah! No judgement about which one she picked, just a matter of taste. I think she's right though, Mitchel would be more fun. Ken might be more steadfast, though--I can see Fun Boy tiring of her and moving on. He's a big advertising guy, and all. Maybe not, though, maybe I'm just projecting my issues.

Thank goodness, no ICKY SALON LADY or YUCKY PHOTOGRAPHER this week. I guess next week, KELLY & Steven give it another try. Which reminds me...I wonder how much the cameras and being on tv affected these relationships. I have a feeling a lot of them lasted longer that they might have, otherwise, just because someone wanted to be on tv a little more. I wonder if the party Acie took Reisha to in Hotlanta was for the benefit of television. (I'm on tv, man, throw a party where we all dress up and look like we've got it going on!) We'll never know.

08-05-05, 03:06 AM (EST)
40. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
Hi, photokitty,
I agree completely about Amy. She left me feeling so muddled after the second episode that I couldn't even comment on her behavior, and she hasn't gotten any better. In fact, I just skimmed the first episode because I thought I remembered that she said she took Paxil for anxiety and she does.
But what was really interesting about the first episode is that Chris, the poker player canceled a date with another woman to go out with Amy. They showed the woman and it was a Kristin, the same Kristin, I think, as the one on tonight's episode.(Or did they show it tonight and I wasn't watching closely enough?) I haven't had a chance to look at tonight's show again but if it is the same girl, then, it shows, once again, both what a small world it is, even on the Internet, and that people are attracted to similar types (both attractive blondes,etc.)
I liked both Kristin and Sonja. Sonja, especially, seemed to be more realistic and has a better attitude. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Kelly and Steven. But I'm really surprised that they're introducing some more women next week when they've left us in the cold about Claire and Lisa/Jennifer.
I think that Acie was a catch and Reisha made a big mistake. To me, it seemed like he was doing all the giving, compromising, etc. and she still wanted to see if there was better out there. I'm amazed at how much access the cameras were given. I know the women agreed to do the show. But they had to get the guys they contacted to also agree. I can't believe that the people at the Atlanta party were too happy to have the TV invasion.

08-05-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
41. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
Honestly, Amy you need to revaluate your needs and time table. Life can be short but not that short. This is one confused girl and needs to take a step back and see herself for who she is first. Maybe then she can let a nice man in.

As for the others, I am still in shock about some of their decisions. It just seems to me this internet dating is mostly about sex. The internet makes things so much easier and by easier I mean to dump, throw away, ignore those you have dated.

Oh the the abstinance girl. That is great that she is saving sexual encounters for marriage. However, there is something to be said for having some physical interaction that does not lead to intercourse. Kissing is not out of the realm of possiblities and will not ruin you.

my syren special!

08-05-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
42. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
>"It
>just seems to me this
>internet dating is mostly about
>sex. The internet makes
>things so much easier and
>by easier I mean to
>dump, throw away, ignore those
>you have dated."

Yeah. That's the beauty of it. A lot of men know that most of these online women are very desperate. So they visit all the online dating sites. Find a desperate woman. Give her a line, or two, of total B*llsh*t. The women have visions of white picket fences, babies, & SUV's in their heads. They end up "doing" each other ... and there you have it. Easy as pie. They move on to the next one ... and the next one ... & ...

08-05-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
43. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
>"Oh the the abstinance girl.
>That is great that she
>is saving sexual encounters for
>marriage. However, there is
>something to be said for
>having some physical interaction that
>does not lead to intercourse.
> Kissing is not out
>of the realm of possiblities
>and will not ruin you."

Abstinence girl is pretty strange. Before she went on her first date (last week) her Mother asked her if her date was a regular Church-goer. I think she said he was, but what does that really say about a person? Perverts go to Church too. You can't think that he/she is wonderful just because they go to Church. That's stupid. Abstinence girl (I think her name is Reisha) really needs to get her head out of the sand. I would NEVER marry a person that I'd never been intimate with. And if she's holding out just because Mommy, or Jesus, wants her to ... she'll never get married! There are not too many people who are going to sit around and wait for the wedding night.

08-05-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
44. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
One of the things I found surprising about Reisha and Acie is that they're both from major cities- NYC and Atlanta; they're in their 30s(an age range with lots of Internet candidates) and yet they contacted each other with nearly 1000 miles between them. From what I've read the long-distance relationships seem, most often to be between people in their 40s and up, where there may be less choices within a locality. The fact that Reisha and Acie didn't find anybody a lot closer to home means something. I think that Reisha should have taken that into consideration before she ended it with Acie. Will her next date be from Alaska (if so, I know he'll be too cold to wait!)

08-07-05, 07:45 PM (EST)
45. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
>Abstinence girl is pretty strange.
>Before she went on her
>first date (last week) her
>Mother asked her if her
>date was a regular Church-goer.
> I think she said
>he was, but what does
>that really say about a
>person? Perverts go to
>Church too. You can't
>think that he/she is wonderful
>just because they go to
>Church. That's stupid.

I agree, but I think in that conversation between Reisha & her mother, it was about criteria & common interests, ie, does he go to church? But yeah, it was also giving her a false sense of security. She felt she had to call her mom before she met him in the park, in case she's never heard from again, and this made them both feel better. Also, when she called her friend who's a cop, to let him or her know that this stranger was sleeping on her couch...in both these cases, wouldn't the camera man & sound guy offer her some sense of security? If the guy was going to be on her couch, then assault her after the crew left, well, it would be on tape that he was there, right? Jeeze. If you're that concerned, make him go to a hotel.

>Abstinence girl (I think her
>name is Reisha) really needs
>to get her head out
>of the sand. I
>would NEVER marry a person
>that I'd never been intimate
>with. And if she's
>holding out just because Mommy,
>or Jesus, wants her to
>... she'll never get married!
> There are not too
>many people who are going
>to sit around and wait
>for the wedding night.

I agree, but I don't think she's saving herself for AFTER the wedding, necessarily. She said she's saving herself "for the man she's going to marry." From that, and other things she has said, I think that means she's waiting for a committed relationship, perhaps engagement. But the kissing thing--she put SO MUCH importance on that, like Buddy, if I kiss you, This Is It. She's really missing out, that's for sure! Plus, what if he's a bad kisser? She's already gotten invested, built up the promise, then...what? I really think it's a misguided strategy.

08-07-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
47. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
"wouldn't the camera man & sound guy offer her some sense of security? If the guy was going to be on her couch, then assault her after the crew left, well, it would be on tape that
he was there, right"?

Hi, photokitty,
LOL, You're so right! I bet the ADAs on Law and Order would love to have a camera crew's record of an assault. I'm pretty sure that crews are supposed to stay out of the picture
but if anything happened, I'm sure that they would have intervened. Your point about Acie having nothing else to focus on in New York is also a good one. But I also understand Reisha's feelings. I know that one of the things that was important to me when I was part of the dating world a zillion years ago, was how much attention the guy paid to me when I was in his environment. If someone didn't make sure that I was comfortable among strangers, then I thought that was very indicative of how he'd be in the long run. Thanks for confirming that it is the same Kristin. That was very observant of you to notice it sooner. I would never have realized it if I hadn't looked back over the first episode.

08-07-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
46. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"

> But what was really
>interesting about the first episode
>is that Chris, the poker
>player canceled a date with
>another woman to go out
>with Amy. They showed
>the woman and it was
>a Kristin, the same Kristin,
>I think, as the one
>on tonight's episode.

Yeah, it was the same one. I recognized her when he cancelled their date, because of the promos for the show, and the opening credits. I, too, thought that was an interesting "small world" thing.

(Or did they
>show it tonight and I
>wasn't watching closely enough?)
>I haven't had a chance
>to look at tonight's show
>again but if it is
>the same girl, then, it
>shows, once again, both what
>a small world it is,
>even on the Internet, and
>that people are attracted to
>similar types (both attractive blondes,etc.)

No, tonight they didn't show her receiving that phone call from Poker Man. Yeah, I bet Kristin & Amy's profiles are very similiar.
>

>But I'm really surprised that
>they're introducing some more women
>next week when they've left
>us in the cold about
>Claire and Lisa/Jennifer.

I'm not surprised, but I do hope they go back to those two as well, at least do a progress report at the end on everyone.

> I think that Acie was
>a catch and Reisha made
>a big mistake. To
>me, it seemed like he
>was doing all the giving,
>compromising, etc. and she still
>wanted to see if there
>was better out there.

Yeah. But, when he was in NYC, he was totally focused on her, because he had nothing else to do but that. When she went to his turf, and they went to that party, he was talking to people other than her and she felt ignored. Princess Reisha had a bucket of cold water thrown in her face, learning that she was not the center of his world.

>I'm amazed at how much
>access the cameras were given.
>I know the women agreed
>to do the show. But
>they had to get the
>guys they contacted to also
>agree.

Yeah, and that's what I'm talking about. How many guys didn't agree to be on the show, and did they not EVER go out for that reason? (What if that guy was The One?) How many guys went on dates just BECAUSE they wanted to be on the show? Or, maybe not at first, but then prolonged it because they like the cameras? That's what I think is going on with Kelly & Steve.

I can't believe
>that the people at the
>Atlanta party were too happy
>to have the TV invasion.
>
I still think that the people at the party were totally excited to be on tv.

Acie from Atlanta 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acie%20from%20Atlanta Click to send private message to Acie%20from%20Atlanta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-05 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

No one asked me, but I thought that I would clarify or explain some things...

1) FWIW, this program has been the only reality-based show for which I have watched an episode from start-to-finish.

2) There were things between Reisha and I that occurred off camera. The details of which certainly don’t need to be discussed here. However, in some sense we were guilty of saying one thing, and doing another. Additionally, ABC will show you want it wants you to see…for whatever the reason(s). Certainly, everyone here understands the latter.

2) Although outgoing and personable (or so I’m told) I’m actually a private person. I didn’t care much for the cameras, but at the beginning, I genuinely liked Reisha. Alas, everyone is normal until you get a chance to really know them. I can’t speak to the motives of the other guys on the program. I would hope that a few others were sincere as well.

3) Why did I date someone in NYC?
Well, certainly, there are a lot of quality singles in Atlanta…all over the country for that matter.

However, due to my career (and I’m not an Engineer, btw. I’m an IT Project Manager. ABC simply got that wrong), I have spent about 80% of the past 30 months away from Atlanta (i.e., Denver, Dallas, Balt/Wash and Raleigh, NC). That’s why I’m on Match to begin with…I’m hardly ever home.

Many weekends my return to Atlanta ends up being only a few hours as I swap out my suitcases and fly off to Balt/Wash/Annapolis, Miami, NYC, Seattle, SF and other metro areas…catching up with friends, seeing concerts/sporting events, sight-seeing, etc.
Yeah, it’s a hectic lifestyle, but that’s what I do.

4) FWIW, Reisha initiated contact with me. I agreed to meet her because I had scheduled a weekend trip to NYC months ago...for a sporting event. For all of our NYC dates, I used airline miles to get there. My financial sacrifice was minimal…other than Manhattan’s restaurants.

5) Reisha is what one could call a “Momma’s girl”...which in itself was not a problem. Before we met, she communicated to me that she did not want to embarrass her mother by coming across as anything else but a proper woman on camera. I don’t think that a reasonable man could disagree with that. Yet she obviously took that to the extreme.
However, her calling her cop friend?
That was truly insane.
Let's call that "Incompatible Indicator #1".

6) Reisha and I had decided to break things off the morning BEFORE the Christmas party (which was Saturday night). We actually agreed not to break things off on camera. However, she jumped the gun the following morning. Afterwards, off camera, she said in so many words that she didn't want to leave the show with an incomplete product. It didn't matter much to me at that point.

7) The folks at the Christmas party thought that having the camera there was great fun. I got the co-hosts’ permission ahead of time, of course, and left it up to them to inform the other guests.

8) I knew about 20% of the people at the party including the 4 co-hosts and their significant others, so when I was “working the room” I did so for about 30 minutes and had talked to no more than 10-15 people total. We were at the party for a total of about 90 minutes and there were easily 60 people present at any given time.

9) I left Reisha on her own for brief periods during the party, because I wanted to determine if she had the social grace to communicate cordially and enjoyably with people that she didn’t know, and most specifically, with people that didn’t look like her.

I long suspected that she had problems with white folks, and I figured that if I left her on her own for a while in such an environment then those certain “insecurities” would be exposed. This was publicly demonstrated by the “feedback” comments that she made afterwards about the party.
I was very embarrassed for her when her comments were aired.
I don't need that in my life.

10) Online dating in general?
IMHO, there are no more self-centered, misguided, desperate, (enter your favorite character flaw here) people online than can be found offline.
I will happily make anyone a list of both...LOL.
It’s hit-and-miss either way you go.
Online dating services are simply another way to meet people. Nothing more. Nothing less.
In either case, I think that building a relationship can be boiled down to expectations and compatibility.
Maintaining one...well that's a much longer explanation.

Acie

08-09-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
49. "Acie, Thanks for joining in!"
Hi, Acie,
Thanks so much for stopping by and giving us a little of your insider knowledge. I did call you a "catch" on an earlier thread of mine. I think most of the posters here feel that Reisha's over the top. I think I remember that's she 30 and if so, then her behavior is awfully strange for someone who's been out in the world for several years. If I can ask you a question, please:
1. When did you find out that you'd be part of the show and how did you feel about it? Was Reisha the one who first told you about it?
I think you came across very well in the editing. I'm also glad that you explained about the distance situation since I was concerned about how much money I thought it was costing you. Thank goodness for frequent flier mileage!
Good luck and I hope you've either met the right one or will in the near future. Thanks again.

08-09-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acie%20from%20Atlanta Click to send private message to Acie%20from%20Atlanta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in!"
Thank you, for the kind words, RM.

There's a lot of "electronic-negativity" out there.
You would think that some of the women and men on the program had PERSONALLY offended certain posters. Maybe they did. Maybe a lot of our/their "ex's" have been hitting the forums over the past few weeks. Who knows, even on the web, it's a small world.

At any rate, this site seems relatively civil...so I decided to reply here.

I found out in September from Reisha directly.

Reisha and I had been communicating for about three weeks, I believe, before she told me about ABC News' project.

Apparently, ABC News approached several online dating sites looking for women in NYC. I'm sure that they presented a short list of criteria beside age range and location.

From there the sites solicited the women and ABC News narrowed those lists down to what they wanted.

When Reisha told me about the production, I recall thinking on it for about six days before deciding to commit to the project.

08-09-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
52. "I'm glad you chose to reply here..."

because you have really cleared up some things. Thanks for doing that.

You seem like a wise man & a good person, and I hope you find what you seek!

08-10-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in!"
>"There's a lot of "electronic-negativity" out
>there.
>You would think that some of
>the women and men on
>the program had PERSONALLY offended
>certain posters. Maybe they did.
>Maybe a lot of our/their
>"ex's" have been hitting the
>forums over the past few
>weeks."

No. I don't think that's the case. I think that most people call it like they see it. And there is nothing wrong with that. We live in a society that want's EVERYTHING all sweet & sugar-coated. It can't be like that ALL the time. If you allow a TV camera-crew to follow you around 24/7, & then air most of it on National TV ... well, you are going to be judged very hard my friend.

08-10-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-05 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

Sweet & sugar-coated?
I have no idea what that looks or feels like.
Not this man.
And so far, not in this lifetime.

I think you may have misunderstood my tone.
I find most of it funny.

I've been a member of someone's forum for one reason or another for about 20 years now (since I was given a mighty Commodore 64 back in '84 or '85), so I understand the social dynamics pretty well. Nothing surprises me.

Moreover, in my former life as a military officer and in my current career as an I/T PM, I was/have been/am judged and criticized to a MUCH greater extreme than on/in any forum. Senior military officers and clients can be nasty, nasty folks.

Consequently, I'm more-or-less numb to it all (like water off of the proverbial duck's back), and I have to be, if I want to make it to retirement...LOL.

For the last few days, my friends and I have been messaging each other forum links, blog links, reading comments out loud across the hallway, etc., just dying laughing over what's out there.

To me, it might prove to be more entertaining than the program itself.

08-11-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Acie, Thanks for joining in!"
>"I think you may have misunderstood
>my tone.
>I find most of it funny."

I understand where you're coming from Acie.
It's all groovy.
Peace.

--Fox41

08-11-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
56. "Welcome to SB and Reality TV forums!!"
Thanks for your comments Acie!!

We are all Monday morning quarterbacks when it comes down to reality TV. Most like to poke fun and pick apart those who chose to participate in these shows simply for the amount of DAW level it can bring them.

Take a look around at the other Reality Show forums and you will see a lot of this. I believe it just comes with the territory when you decide to put yourself out there on a "Reality" Show.

Again, welcome to the boards and we hope you stick around!!

my syren special!

08-09-05, 06:43 PM (EST)
51. "RE: AUG 4 SHOW"
I finally watched the last show. I had taped it and forgot about it.

I haven't changed my opinion of Amy. I still say "Run" to any guy she dates. She wants to be married and have children so badly that she can't settle down and just enjoy herself. She knew that Matthew was the perfect catch because he was a doctor. But she didn't feel the immediate chemistry so she dumped him without giving him a chance. She is attracted to the guys that aren't the settle down and get married type. She wants to sleep with them and then they won't behave like she wants, or worse yet, like her sister approves. Amy wants a hot guy that she is very attracted to that wants to just marry her immediately. And if she was ever lucky enough to find that guy her sister would never approve. So I doubt Amy is going to find the right guy until she stops looking so hard. Once Amy quits looking so hard the perfect guy just might show up and find her.

Reisha was expecting too much. She wanted Acie to play by her rules and she still didn't seem to want to give an inch. She was obsessed with the not kissing. I understand not kissing on the first date or two. But if you want a relationship a goodnight kiss at the end of the evening is not out of line. Acie will do better without her.

Kristin - I never realized she was the date that Poker Guy cancelled for Amy. Interesting. I liked her. But as it often turns out. What seems like a great first date often doesn't seem as good on the second date. Hopefully she will find someone next week.

Sonya - I liked her. She had the right idea. She wasn't just picking the guys for their looks like alot of the internet daters seem to do. She was really into the personalities and how they treated her. Mitchel seemed to be really courting her. Where Ken was holding back and making it more casual. If Ken isn't careful he will get left behind while Mitchel steals her away.

Kelly and Steven. I thought they were a good couple. But then she seemed to get into possessive stalking mode. I wonder if she will calm down this time around?

08-12-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
57. "Finale?"
Last night's episode was the finale, right? They didn't show any "next time on Hooking Up" type thing, so I'm guessing so. I wish they would have given updates on ALL the girls instead of just 3 or 4.

So, looks like Amy may have finally snagged a man, huh? I'm surprised she wasn't preggers already. LOL.

The opera chick? was highly annoying. But good for her that she found someone, and is getting married.

I'm gonna head over to ABC.com now and see if they have any more updates on there.

She nice, the Syren.
I really liked this show. Hopefully they will do another season.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Finale?"
I watched about twenty minutes or so last night, out of curiousity, and all I can say is HOLY COW I'm glad I'm not dating!

Was instantly quite appreciative of BF.

08-12-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Finale?"
>"I watched about twenty minutes or
>so last night, out of
>curiousity, and all I can
>say is HOLY COW I'm
>glad I'm not dating!"

That makes two of us!

I'm so glad that I enjoy being alone. I feel like I'm the only 42 year old woman in the world who has NO FEAR, or hang-ups, about living life solo.

08-12-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Finale?"
>"So, looks like Amy may have
>finally snagged a man, huh?
>I'm surprised she wasn't preggers
>already. LOL."

I wonder how long their relationship will last? He really didn't seem like her type.

>
>"The opera chick was highly annoying."

She sure was! There was something odd about her. I didn't like her at all. She found a man, but I don't think that long term relationships are really her thing.

08-12-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Finale?"
I doubt Amy and her new man are still together. I just don't see her ever having her dream relationship. She has this crazy idea in her head of what it will be. Plus she also has to please her sister & brother-in-law.

08-12-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Finale?"
Yeah, last night was the last of it. This was a 5-part documentary series from ABC News, not really a reality show. I don't expect another one, unless maybe it's in another city. The producer did those shows Boston 24/7 and Hopkins 24/7.

I was surprised that a year passed! I thought they had just done this over a few weeks last fall.

Amy found someone, for now, but that was what was happening at the time of the epilogue filming. It may have only lasted a week! But, who knows, maybe she's learning about what is important to her. I think it's funny that after all her online pursuits, they met the "old fashioned way." That is, by accident, or fate, by both being on jury duty.

Opera Chick was a trip! I'm surprised they didn't spend more time on her, for shock value--then again, it is Disney, and I'm surprised she got air time at all. I liked her, she seems like a Great Broad, ya know? Glad she met her match. She said it happened when she sort of stopped looking...are you listening, Amy?

Now, Maryam, well, it just goes to show, there is someone for everyone.

Too bad that Fun Boy dumped Sonja, but I'm not surprised. Wasn't it after their first (&last) weekend together? I wonder if she'll call Ken?

Kristen was nice to give Mike another chance, but regretted not listening to her instincts. He was odd. For me, it was the comment about washing his hands 70 times a day to make them soft. He seemed very much into navel-gazing. Dude, talk about interests and life, not constantly about how the date is going! Sheesh.

I hope Kelly & Steve work out. Perhaps she is less in awe of his success, and is able to not start planning a wedding after the 2nd date.

Yeah, I also wish they had given updates on everyone, but maybe they only wanted to show happy outcomes, and maybe all the others were still on the hunt. We all know that Icky Salon Lady is still alone!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •