The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I never want to see that puppet again..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-21-02, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I never want to see that puppet again..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

That puppet in München was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen. Think about it... the dead of the night, a weird puppet stage in the middle of the plaza, no one in sight, and a creepy puppet just waiting... waiting for the teams to arrive... just waiting...

It was like some reject offshoot from Mr. Rogers' land of make-believe.

Plus, the German sounded so phoney, I wonder if it was being handled by someone on the production crew.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I never want to see that puppet... tarfam 11-21-02 1
   RE: I never want to see that puppet... SteffiGurl 11-21-02 7
 RE: I never want to see that puppet... Bebo 11-21-02 2
   RE: I never want to see that puppet... Lisapooh 11-21-02 3
 RE: I never want to see that puppet... Canada Girl 11-21-02 4
 RE: I never want to see that puppet... SkyDiva 11-21-02 5
 RE: I never want to see that puppet... 712 11-21-02 6
 That was a puppet? moonbaby 11-22-02 8
 RE: I never want to see that puppet... ejm92 11-26-02 9
 RE: I never want to see that puppet... mikey 11-27-02 10
   RE: I never want to see that puppet... ejm92 11-27-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tarfam 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-21-02, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarfam Click to send private message to tarfam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
Puppet show late at night? No way. My take is that the production crew was trying to speed up the race. Did you also notice that Team 911 was given a fast forward because they were a full day behind.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-02, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
I didn't notice A/D getting a FF at all, they've never done it before just because a team was behind. See:TAR2's Peggy & Claire. Also, the German sounded authentic to me. How hard is it to say a few words in German?
I'm sure they asked the puppet master to stick around at night for the benefit of A/D receiving the clue like they were supposed to. I'm sure there was no actual show going on.
Also, that kind of puppetry has been around for ages. There was a classic puppet duo in the past I believe named "Punch & Judy"

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
That puppet in München was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen.

Oh, I don't know...Teri didn't creep me out in Munich any more than in the other legs of the race.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
Bebo! My keyboardis full of diet pop now! Bwahahahah!

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-21-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
I kid you not, a travelling puppet show came to my school when I was little with that puppet. I had nightmares for months!!!

Oh the horror!

SkyDiva 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-21-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyDiva Click to send private message to SkyDiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
The only thing scarier than the puppet would be the clown from the "Poltergeist" movies, or seeing Ian or the Oh Brother teams without their shirts.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
The thing about the puppet that freaked me out the most was when it twirled its hat around and around. It looked like a long lost cousin of Mr. Rogers' Lady Elaine Fairchild. Who, coincidentally, also freaks me right out.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "That was a puppet?"
I thought it was Clay doing a guest appearance!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-26-02, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."

Hallo! Ich bin Kasperle!

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-27-02, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
That was the strangest puppet show since "Being John Malkovich".

Strange that this is what they would choose to have the teams visit as their only stop in Munich, instead of, say, the largest beer hall in the world.

I could have sworn that puppet sounded like Andrew.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-27-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
Maybe it was Andrew...perhaps CBS is using all of the eliminated contestants as the crew for the show...like Andrew controlled the puppet, and Dennis might have been the guy that welcomed them to the pit stop, etc......

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •