URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 137
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I never want to see that puppet again..."

Posted by cmaybur on 11-21-02 at 09:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

That puppet in München was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen. Think about it... the dead of the night, a weird puppet stage in the middle of the plaza, no one in sight, and a creepy puppet just waiting... waiting for the teams to arrive... just waiting...

It was like some reject offshoot from Mr. Rogers' land of make-believe.

Plus, the German sounded so phoney, I wonder if it was being handled by someone on the production crew.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I never want to see that puppet again..."
Posted by tarfam on 11-21-02 at 09:29 AM
Puppet show late at night? No way. My take is that the production crew was trying to speed up the race. Did you also notice that Team 911 was given a fast forward because they were a full day behind.

Posted by SteffiGurl on 11-21-02 at 09:28 PM
I didn't notice A/D getting a FF at all, they've never done it before just because a team was behind. See:TAR2's Peggy & Claire. Also, the German sounded authentic to me. How hard is it to say a few words in German?
I'm sure they asked the puppet master to stick around at night for the benefit of A/D receiving the clue like they were supposed to. I'm sure there was no actual show going on.
Also, that kind of puppetry has been around for ages. There was a classic puppet duo in the past I believe named "Punch & Judy"

Posted by Bebo on 11-21-02 at 10:10 AM
That puppet in München was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen.

Oh, I don't know...Teri didn't creep me out in Munich any more than in the other legs of the race.

Posted by Lisapooh on 11-21-02 at 11:52 AM
Bebo! My keyboardis full of diet pop now! Bwahahahah!

Posted by Canada Girl on 11-21-02 at 12:41 PM
I kid you not, a travelling puppet show came to my school when I was little with that puppet. I had nightmares for months!!!

Oh the horror!

Posted by SkyDiva on 11-21-02 at 12:54 PM
The only thing scarier than the puppet would be the clown from the "Poltergeist" movies, or seeing Ian or the Oh Brother teams without their shirts.

Posted by 712 on 11-21-02 at 02:49 PM
The thing about the puppet that freaked me out the most was when it twirled its hat around and around. It looked like a long lost cousin of Mr. Rogers' Lady Elaine Fairchild. Who, coincidentally, also freaks me right out.

"That was a puppet?"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-22-02 at 10:08 PM
I thought it was Clay doing a guest appearance!

Posted by ejm92 on 11-26-02 at 11:25 PM

Hallo! Ich bin Kasperle!

Posted by mikey on 11-27-02 at 10:11 AM
That was the strangest puppet show since "Being John Malkovich".

Strange that this is what they would choose to have the teams visit as their only stop in Munich, instead of, say, the largest beer hall in the world.

I could have sworn that puppet sounded like Andrew.

Posted by ejm92 on 11-27-02 at 01:26 PM
Maybe it was Andrew...perhaps CBS is using all of the eliminated contestants as the crew for the show...like Andrew controlled the puppet, and Dennis might have been the guy that welcomed them to the pit stop, etc......