The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Save The Amazing Race!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Save The Amazing Race!"
Just wanted to get the word out on a letter writing campaign going on to save The Amazing Race! Yeah, I know we're just little peons in the big scheme of things, but maybe if enough of us send letters to Les Moonves they'll keep TAR around longer. Here's the addresses I sent my letters to:

Mr. Les Moonves, Chairman
CBS Television Network
51 West 52nd St.
NY, NY 10019

and/or

CBS
CBS Television City
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Maybe I'm a dork, but isn't that second address the same one you write to for tickets to The Price is Right? If so, bwaahahaa! I just made that one Attn: Les Moonves when I addressed my envelope. I'm also working on the link to bring over the addresses of the shows sponsors for anybody who feels like thanking all eighteen (?) of them. Let's get the word out, peeps, and keep TAR alive!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Save The Amazing Race! BDBoston 08-04-03 1
   RE: Save The Amazing Race! managerr 08-04-03 2
       RE: Save The Amazing Race! ImNext 08-04-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BDBoston 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BDBoston Click to send private message to BDBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Save The Amazing Race!"
I agree this show should be saved, and a letter writing campaign can't hurt. The thing that I don't understand is how they can say that TAR has had disappointing ratings, when - as far as I can see/read in "Entertainment Weekly" magazine - it's been pretty consistently in the top 30 shows watched each week. Go figure...

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-04-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Save The Amazing Race!"
It's dissappointing in the context. It's up against reruns and is dragging down the CBS Thursday night lineup. Thursday is one of the night's most watched nights on TV as well.

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-04-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Save The Amazing Race!"
Well, I'm supporting the CBS Thursday night line-up by sticking around for CSI and Without a Trace. Of course, Thursday is the only day I watch anything on CBS at all, but...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •