URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1331
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Save The Amazing Race!"

Posted by ImNext on 08-03-03 at 05:21 PM
Just wanted to get the word out on a letter writing campaign going on to save The Amazing Race! Yeah, I know we're just little peons in the big scheme of things, but maybe if enough of us send letters to Les Moonves they'll keep TAR around longer. Here's the addresses I sent my letters to:

Mr. Les Moonves, Chairman
CBS Television Network
51 West 52nd St.
NY, NY 10019

and/or

CBS
CBS Television City
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Maybe I'm a dork, but isn't that second address the same one you write to for tickets to The Price is Right? If so, bwaahahaa! I just made that one Attn: Les Moonves when I addressed my envelope. I'm also working on the link to bring over the addresses of the shows sponsors for anybody who feels like thanking all eighteen (?) of them. Let's get the word out, peeps, and keep TAR alive!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Save The Amazing Race!"
Posted by BDBoston on 08-04-03 at 02:14 PM
I agree this show should be saved, and a letter writing campaign can't hurt. The thing that I don't understand is how they can say that TAR has had disappointing ratings, when - as far as I can see/read in "Entertainment Weekly" magazine - it's been pretty consistently in the top 30 shows watched each week. Go figure...

Posted by managerr on 08-04-03 at 02:18 PM
It's dissappointing in the context. It's up against reruns and is dragging down the CBS Thursday night lineup. Thursday is one of the night's most watched nights on TV as well.

Posted by ImNext on 08-04-03 at 03:55 PM
Well, I'm supporting the CBS Thursday night line-up by sticking around for CSI and Without a Trace. Of course, Thursday is the only day I watch anything on CBS at all, but...