The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Theme announced"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-05-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Theme announced"
Spoiler alert

For those of you who would like to know, it has been confirmed tonights theme is "Broadway songs" according to idolsforum.com (Nikko's cousin is the official source). I don't have a list, but speculation is that Nikko does "Somewhere over the rainbow". As for the rest, no clue. Rumor had it that they had to change songs over the weekend, because they didn't get the clearances for a "Beatles" theme.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Theme announced geekboy 04-05-05 1
 RE: Theme announced Breezy 04-05-05 2
 RE: Theme announced geekboy 04-05-05 3
   RE: Theme announced Flairmarq 04-05-05 4
 RE: Theme announced badger 04-05-05 5
   RE: Theme announced Tahj 04-05-05 6
 Sounds fishy... tamarama 04-05-05 7
   RE: Sounds fishy... LibraRising 04-05-05 8
       RE: Sounds fishy... tamarama 04-05-05 11
           RE: Sounds fishy... LibraRising 04-05-05 23
   RE: Sounds fishy... Flairmarq 04-05-05 9
       RE: Sounds fishy... geekboy 04-05-05 10
       RE: Sounds fishy... tamarama 04-05-05 12
           Yep AyaK 04-05-05 22
   RE: Sounds fishy... DontGetMeStarted 04-05-05 13
       RE: Sounds fishy... tamarama 04-05-05 14
           RE: Sounds fishy... DontGetMeStarted 04-05-05 15
               RE: Sounds fishy... Spidey 04-05-05 24
                   RE: Sounds fishy... DontGetMeStarted 04-05-05 31
                       RE: Sounds fishy... Spidey 04-05-05 33
                           RE: Sounds fishy... DontGetMeStarted 04-05-05 35
                               OOoh! Prom night ammo... tamarama 04-05-05 36
                                   RE: OOoh! Prom night ammo... DontGetMeStarted 04-05-05 37
 RE: Theme announced JOSHIDOL 04-05-05 16
   RE: Theme announced AtlantisRoyal 04-05-05 17
       RE: Theme announced geekboy 04-05-05 18
           RE: Theme announced AtlantisRoyal 04-05-05 19
               RE: Theme announced brytigerca 04-05-05 20
                   RE: Theme announced JOSHIDOL 04-05-05 21
                       RE: Theme announced Devious Weasel 04-05-05 25
                           RE: Theme announced Lisapooh 04-05-05 27
                               RE: Theme announced BriarRosie 04-05-05 34
                           RE: Theme announced zazzy 04-05-05 38
                       RE: Theme announced uberspoon 04-05-05 26
                   I've actually kinda been waiting fo... tamarama 04-05-05 28
 Thanks and song suggestion Flairmarq 04-05-05 29
   Hah! weltek 04-05-05 30
       RE: Hah! TODDLJ 04-05-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-05-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Theme announced"
They had to change over the weekend? So they have half of the prep time. Could lead to some poor performances, i'm afraid. They were talking about a beatles theme, or more specifically a Lennon/McCartney theme before the season started, wonder what fell through???

geekboy

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Theme announced"
I've seen Broadway and 80's mentioned as the theme over there.

04-05-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Theme announced"
As far as i can see, that site's spoilers aren't too reputable. last week they were claiming 'one-hit wonders' all week, and one other theme i don't recall. The actual theme of the 90's was never mentioned until Ryan announced it on his radio show.

take this spoiler w/ a grain of salt.

geekboy

04-05-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Theme announced"
I did hear on the site both '90's and '80's theme last week. I am surprised you don't have the 411 geekboy? You had it a couple of weeks ago.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-05-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Theme announced"
will constantine do something from rent?

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-05-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Theme announced"
I was thinking Pump Boys and Dinettes

Moves courtesy of Syren

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Sounds fishy..."
2 problems with this spoiler --

If they had to change theme last minute, why pick one that's going to be EXTREMELY difficult for most of the contestants? Yes, Constantine would do very well to choose something from "Rent", but these folks are primarily pop/R&B/rock singers...showtunes are going to be a HUGE challenge if & when they are the theme. (not only are they less familiar to these people, they're typically more difficult to sing than pop songs - more complex melodies & more lyrics). Although, I confess, I'd love to hear Bo sing "Easy to Be Hard" or "Hair" from (of course) "Hair".

Secondly..."Over the Rainbow" is NOT a Broadway Song. It's from a movie musical. The only Broadway productions of "The Wizard of Oz" were from the VERY early 20th century (like 1903). The Harold Arlen/Yip Harburg music that we're familiar with was written specifically for the 1939 film.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-05-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
They did adapt a musical version from the movie, so it technically could be considered a song from musical theater, I guess. But I find it difficult to believe that they would do Broadway since the judges often criticize singers for sounding "too Broadway." I'd love to hear Nadia do "Easy as Life" from Aida, though! (and I hated that show).

Of course, they could do an Abba, Elvis, Billy Joel or Beach Boys song and that would technically be "Broadway," too.

Darn juke box shows. OK, I liked "Mamma Mia."

04-05-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
>>Of course, they could do an Abba, Elvis, Billy Joel or Beach Boys song and that would technically be "Broadway," too.<<

Yeah...but not REALLY -- OK, sorry. I'm a traditionalist. Not that I didn't love "Mama Mia" (I have a friend on the tour too - one of the dads).

And HEY -- "Spamalot" is INCREDIBLE!!! Someone could sing a Python song! (and do the fish-slapping dance!)

Anywho, I know the Arlen/Harburg "Oz" was done on stage...but not TECHNICALLY BROADWAY. (Sorry - see above re: traditionalist)

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-05-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
And HEY -- "Spamalot" is INCREDIBLE!!! Someone could sing a Python song! (and do the fish-slapping dance!)

Now that? Would be entertaining. Or maybe Scott could do a wife-slapping dance. (sorry, that was mean )

I'm glad Spamalot was incredible. I have tickets to see it in May.

04-05-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
There was discussion about that on the idols forum as well. "Over the rainbow" was broadway after the movie, so it might be a loophole.

As for changing the theme, it has happened before. And doing a broadway theme makes sense, because it is very easy to get those rights quickly and may have always been a back up.

I am wondering why people at the taping haven't posted--is it that Idol has been cracking down on people leaking it? If you do it online, you are pretty much safe as no one really knows your name.

04-05-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
It was only taped when there were more than 10 contestants due to time constraints. its all live now.

geekboy

04-05-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-05 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-05-05 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

>>"Over the rainbow" was broadway after the movie, so it might be a loophole.<<

Sorry to be a stickler - it was never on Broadway. Check www.ibdb.com if you doubt me. (that's the Internet Broadway Database - like IMDB but for Broadway).

>>because it is very easy to get those rights quickly and may have always been a back up<<

I don't know why it would be any easier to get these rights than pop song rights. They would still have to talk to whichever company owns them & possibly pay for it. Tams, MTI or French typically handles rights for fully staged productions, but I have no idea if it would be them, ASCAP or BMI that would authorize the performance of individual songs. In any case, I'm guessing the procedure would be very similar to getting rights for pop songs.

(etf spelling -- doh!)

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Yep"
>I don't know why it would be any easier to get
>these rights than pop song rights.

It wouldn't be any different. The rights would have to be licensed through one of the performance companies (e.g., ASCAP, BMI) and the cost for TV use would have to be arranged with the publisher.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-05-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
what about the Diana Ross version-The Wiz, didn't that go on B-way?
Perhaps the big question is who do you think will do "Summertime" this year.... will that song become the next 'must do' song for the contestants?? Forget Whitney it's Porgy & Bess....

04-05-05, 02:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
>>what about the Diana Ross version-The Wiz, didn't that go on B-way?<<

Absolutely -- It was a Broadway show before it was a film.

But "Over the Rainbow" is not in it. All the music is totally different from the Garland film.

04-05-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
Ahh, ok. I have to admit I know nothing about Broadway except for the songs on my 'Broadway hits' CD collection I got at Costco...

btw re: the Beatles theme... Michael Jackson is the one who holds the rights to all the songs, you'd think he would want some spare change at this point......

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
btw re: the Beatles theme... Michael Jackson is the one who holds the rights to all the songs, you'd think he would want some spare change at this point......

He probably also has other things on his mind at the moment and couldn't be bothered to consider the request (if there was one).

I'd lvoe to see a Beatles night, though. Best.band.ever.

04-05-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
Hi Spidey,
that's why I was thinking he could use some quick cash........ Maybe he gave the songs away instead of cash for a few settlements.....

My 7 (nearly 8!) year old looves the Beatles he has a compilation CD that has Moonlight Bay on it and it is such a crack up to hear him warble it out I hope he will sing it to me when his voice starts changing... oh, what a bad mommy! But it would be so cute!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
My son is 8 and loves the Beatles. just like his mommy and daddy. Goes to sleep with a different album playing on his walkman every night. Younger (5) sister in now in training too.

Classic rock mommys rule!

04-05-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Sounds fishy..."
Classic rock Daddy has him liking the Eagles (and Bob Marley) He loves to sing "itchy woman". Now that's one for the books.. the classic dilemma do I correct the word or make a memory for my old age?? ah heck...that's what therapy is for.

04-05-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
36. "OOoh! Prom night ammo..."
Just think how you can embarass him in front of dates!!

04-05-05, 06:51 PM (EST)
37. "RE: OOoh! Prom night ammo..."

who me!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Theme announced"
Ryan Seacrest announced on his radio show tonight's theme is "musicals". This could possibly clear up the "Somewhere over the Rainbow song".

AtlantisRoyal 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AtlantisRoyal Click to send private message to AtlantisRoyal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Theme announced"
I'm a long-time lurker who never posts, but wanted to share one bit of info with ya'll. Our local talk radio station does a recap/discussion of AI every Thursday morning. Last Thursday they had one of the producers on, and she said that the theme for tonight was "Show Tunes". I just wanted to clear up the rumor of a last minute theme change because this has been planned since at least last Thursday morning.

04-05-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Theme announced"
Thanks for the info, and you should have posted this Thursday!!!!

Of course, when you posted it, you should have followed the proper SPOILER posting guidelines.....

geekboy

AtlantisRoyal 17 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AtlantisRoyal Click to send private message to AtlantisRoyal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Theme announced"
I know I should have posted Thursday, but I'm new at this and still a little hesitant. I think they may have this producer on every Thursday, so if she dishes on the theme again, I will post it Thursday morning -- following the appropriate spoiler guidelines of course.

brytigerca 10 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brytigerca Click to send private message to brytigerca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Theme announced"
Problem I have with a broadway type theme... is that the judges often dismiss voices who are more meant for "broadway" so that kinda is silly in my mind... I mean let's say it is broadway, so those who do excellent, what would the judges reaction be... that was good you clearly belong on Broadway and not American Idol? LOL

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Theme announced"
I agree with what you are saying. I cannot see Nikko, Scott or Bo and Constatine pulling off these types of songs with Nikko being by far the one who cannot. He has so far done upbeat, Jackson 5, etc. type songs. They are supposedly singing songs from Man of La Mancha, Sound of Musci, King & I, Liver, Camelot, Babes in Arms, West Side story and Sound of Music.
From this, the girls should all be ok. Also, Anwar should be able to nail this night. It will be interesting.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Theme announced"
"Liver"?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Theme announced"
Oliver?

At least it's not Spleen - the musical.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Theme announced"
That musical allegedly had a showstopper number called,
"Appendix!".....but they had to take it out.

Ducking for cover.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-05-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Theme announced"
"wiping the spit take off computer screen..."

Thanks for the laugh!!!

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Theme announced"
Bo would do just fine with the title song from "Hair".

However, because the theme is 'muscials' it opens up a whole new realm of possibilites. I would personally like to see Bo do something from Hedwig and the Angry Inch (not that it would ever happen)....but practically any movie that has music throughout would be fair game...and think about all the pop songs contained within "Moulin Rouge"

04-05-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
28. "I've actually kinda been waiting for THIS topic..."
>>is that the judges often dismiss voices who are more meant for "broadway" so that kinda is silly in my mind<<

*sigh* This is something that's been bugging me from the beginning -- In fact, I think I may start a thread on it.

As a trained, professional musical theater and cabaret performer, it chaps my hide when they 'condemn' some contestants as "too broadway" or "too cabaret".

Particularly when it's a BAD performance -- if someone can't sing a pop song with honesty & sincerity, WTF makes him think they could act a ROLE or sing in an intimate cabaret setting with honesty & sincerety?

Argh!!! I think I will compose my thoughts and start a thread

04-05-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
29. "Thanks and song suggestion"
Thanks guys and dolls for clearing it up. Atlantic--thanks for the info and if you would keep us informed we would be most grateful.

I hope someone does a song from "South Park The Movie"

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Hah!"
I'll take "Blame Canada" for the win, Bob.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-05-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Hah!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-05 AT 05:22 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-05-05 AT 05:20 PM (EST)Edited because I couldn't use the ##### words in the ##### song

Just imagine Carrie singing 'Shut your fu@king face, uncle fucker!' Or Scott singing 'Kyle's mom is a big fat b!tch.'

Excellent.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •