The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

apprenticefans 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail apprenticefans Click to send private message to apprenticefans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
Remember season one when Tammy leads the team into victory with her "phallic idea" in Marquis Jet advertising?

What do u think that makes Tammy's idea excusable and viewed as big idea while Bren's idea is considered inappropriate?

I personally liked Tammy's idea. I think it is smart, creative and hilarious.
And I think Tammy's idea is more implicit and still brings the luxury of the brand product.

Magna's ad looks cheap and very explicit and direct.

So what do you all think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren'... brainerd 02-11-05 1
   RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren'... smokedog 02-11-05 3
       RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren'... ladro 02-11-05 6
 RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren'... smokedog 02-11-05 2
   RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren'... Ricky 02-11-05 4
 RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren'... MrsElizabeth 02-11-05 5
   RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren'... toddE 02-11-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brainerd 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-11-05, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brainerd Click to send private message to brainerd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-05 AT 02:56 AM (EST)

Its because of the product involved and the target market. The corporate jets target group was geared towards executive men and women with a rich lifestyle.
The dove soap in a bottle's target is the family. Mom, dad and the kids. Both groups (NetWorth or Magna)did not hit their intended target. Guess Donny Duestch will not be too keen to deal with the Trump again? Lots of someones money went into the project with no results.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-11-05, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
Guess
>Donny Duestch will not be
>too keen to deal with
>the Trump again?

I'm thinking that if there's a camera and a cheque, Donny will be seen again in A4!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
i think just a camera would be sufficent.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-11-05, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
Personally, I felt that the homosexual vibes in the Dove commercial were thrown in your face, while the jet ads were a bit more subtle. That's the difference to me.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-05, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
I agree the jet ads were a bit more subtle and tasteful. More importantly though (as brainerd mentions in a post above as well) the jet ads were successful because of the target customer. The jet ads needed to be geared toward egotistical corporate hot shots who are trying to compensate for lacking in other areas. Whereas the Dove ads should have been geared toward superficial families.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

MrsElizabeth 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MrsElizabeth Click to send private message to MrsElizabeth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
I think that missing the target was the bigger issue here...

lets say they tweaked the ad just a bit and went a bit more subtle...

A man and a woman working in the kitchen. The man is clearly trying to impress the woman and win her favor... perhaps even handing her a series of food items INCLUDING a a cucumber followed by a wink or sly smile..

but the woman brushes him off, she is hot and tired... she grabs her dove and the hand of another woman co worker and they head off to be refreshed..... perhaps they are just being girls... but they are off to shower together...

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tammy's idea (phallic) vs Bren's idea (cucumber)"
Mrs. Elizabeth, that is a great idea! I think Magna's whole ad was awful, and way too much has been made of the "homosexual twist" at the end. The real problem is the ad has no connection to the product, and is explicit to the point of vulgarity. Tammy's phallic imagery was at least a little subtle, whereas masturbating the cuke???

I actually wondered if Bren was trying to sabotage his whole team.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •