The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

randomlytoon 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-10-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail randomlytoon Click to send private message to randomlytoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-05 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

i like the idea for the commercial by net worth. It would have been a really funny commercial and could have made a great commercial that everyone would have liked if they followed the idea and kept it funny. (Even i could have made that idea into a great commercial)

and to top it all off... DOVES commercial SUCKED!!!!! that was a horrible commercial that dove produced.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... ShaggyLives 02-10-05 1
   RE: am i the only one who liked net... Shawn0734 02-11-05 20
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... viewer05 02-11-05 2
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... amea_gari 02-11-05 3
   RE: am i the only one who liked net... smokedog 02-11-05 4
       RE: am i the only one who liked net... amea_gari 02-11-05 5
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... Estee 02-11-05 6
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... Lisapooh 02-11-05 7
   Disagree AyaK 02-17-05 26
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... Kelly_Smith 02-11-05 8
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... Spidey 02-11-05 9
   RE: am i the only one who liked net... Bittergirl 02-11-05 10
   RE: am i the only one who liked net... Twisted Sister 02-11-05 11
   RE: am i the only one who liked net... Flairmarq 02-11-05 12
       RE: am i the only one who liked net... LakerLuv 02-11-05 13
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... Reeflex7 02-11-05 14
 Dove's commercial boomerang 02-11-05 15
   RE: Dove's commercial ShaggyLives 02-12-05 22
 Well, I didn't like it. toddE 02-11-05 16
   RE: Well, I didn't like it. BriarRosie 02-11-05 17
   RE: Well, I didn't like it. ginger 02-11-05 18
       RE: Well, I didn't like it. Wacko Jacko 02-11-05 19
 RE: am i the only one who liked net... anotherkim 02-12-05 21
   RE: am i the only one who liked net... singer 02-15-05 23
       RE: am i the only one who liked net... N305AS 02-15-05 24
           RE: am i the only one who liked net... LakerLuv 02-15-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ShaggyLives 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShaggyLives Click to send private message to ShaggyLives Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I was thinking the same exact things. In fact I wasn't even a member of any Apprentice message board and thought the real Dove commercial sucked so bad it made me find a board to see what others were saying. LOL

I think it is funny that Magna's commercial was rejected because of it being to risque and "not clear what the product was about." With the real commercial I would have thought it was a commercial for makeup removal or shampoo. LOL

The marathon would have been good if it was done by professionals in the industry. The "director's girlfriend" chick hacked it up so bad the humor was lost. Like the guy with the idea said, he should have first dumped water on his head, then dump the dove wash next, then water again.

Does anyone else think the chick that was scrubbing the guys abs would probably do Playboy if offered? LOL

Shawn0734 97 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-11-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shawn0734 Click to send private message to Shawn0734 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
Makeup removal shampoo. hahahaha lol. Its funny because its true.

viewer05 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail viewer05 Click to send private message to viewer05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I liked the idea also but they just didn't execute it well. Dove's commercial wasn't good either. My 10 year old came up with a better idea. He said they should show a man (or woman) bored with taking the same old shower day after day and then one day the new Dove body wash is there and he gets excited and refreshed by it and enjoys his (or her) shower again. Sounded better than the street smarts/book smarts ideas.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-11-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
Just to note, you're actually supposed to post on the spoilers forum until 12pm est, so no West coasters see spoilers from the night's episode. :} It's past 12 now so it's a moot point.
Anyway, on to my tirade.
Wow. This episode was close to my heart. Well, not really, but I could identify. A couple of years ago, around this time, I had the opportunity to produce a commercial in much the same manner that the two Apprentice teams did tonight. And not to toot my own horn, but I came up with the best idea of the various groups. Everyone thought so, at least.
Well my team pursued our idea, and I directed, while another member took care of talent, dressing them and positioning them.
Our commercial ended up being the third best, at best. The team member handling the talent had understood my idea, and had agreed to it with everyone else, but in the end, she had her own ideas, and since she had done makeup and wardrobe with the models, along with insisting on meeting them (she insisted on this, claiming she had modeling experience, which in retrospect is laughable, and we all agreed to let her) she had developed a rapport with them, and basically had their attention. And she SUCKED. It was a commercial for a clothing line, and we had...shall I say, rather ripely endowed females with very fleshy bulges hanging out of the clothes that were approximately 3 sizes too small, and I'm not just talking about breasts; we saw CAMEL TOE-- well, you get the idea. She argued with me on what I was asking the models to do, and told them to do something else-- and after all, I let her have her way, because I wasn't a project manager, just a director.
There IS a point in that rambling flashback. Kristen and Erin had the power I would have died for. The commercials' failure was entirely their faults. Bren may have had the idea, but Erin decided to use it. Doesn't matter that the team liked it. She made the decision. Doesn't matter who came up with it-- during brainstorming sessions you're supposed to toss out any and every idea.
Kristen just fouled up entirely. I have an idea all she did was MIMIC the behavior of a director, which mimicry I have been unfortunate to witness first hand. Look mom, I have the megaphone, the beret, and the cool chair, but I have NO IDEA what I'm doing at all! But don't I look cool! Yeah, I know the type TOO well.
Erin still annoys me the most, but Kristen had to go, for this debacle. She ENTIRELY missed the point. John and Craig's idea WAS a good idea. I could totally envision it JUST as he described it, and I thought it was funny. But she had other ideas. She had the whole director-personality-disorder thing going on. "I have a viion, this is my vision, it's perfect!" And it wasn't. What was that, SOLARIZE effect? Is this a late night basement cable Wayne's World type broadcast, or is it a commercial? Yeesh.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-11-05, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
Fleshy bulges? Camel toes? Did you win?

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I'm a straight female. And if I weren't it would have scared me into one

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-05, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I thought it was a decent idea and had a clear mental image of what the commercial could wind up looking like. It definitely had humor potential, although it wasn't exactly going to be Super Bowl quality even if you got Spike Lee to direct. If their execution had been anything close to what I'm guessing John had intended, they would have beaten Magna into the ground.

As was -- hello, Kristen.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
It would have been ok except the product is geared toward women and purchased by women - they should have had a female marathoner as the focus. ALso, it's a body wash - someone lathering up their face and then wiping it off is not "refreshing" and doesn't represent the product at all. Both teams tried to be funny - which is a recipe for disaster. They should have focused on presenting the product in an innovative but still straightforward way. These people aren't creative and trying to do a storyline witha a punch in 30 seconds is more than they can handle.

I didn't mind Dove's commercial at all - I think it conveyed the positioning of the product. It made clear what the sell points were (cucumber, green tea) and created a feel for what the product is supposed to do for you. It's about being more natural and simplifying your life - the ad conveyed that message.

If it had been me, I would have done "wash away your day" or something along those lines and shown a hectic, frazzled career woman reliving moments with a harsh boss, bad traffic, demanding kids & hubby, confining business suit or whatever and shown her "washing away her day" with the product. Used cucumber slices as buttons to transition between scenes and ended it with her makeup and worry free in a big old robe with a cup of green tea.

But, you know, lathering up a sweaty guy in spandex and having him grin like a monkey with a body wash product smeared on his face is good too.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-05 AT 07:39 PM (EST)

Poho, I know you're in marketing -- but I disagree here in large part.

I couldn't stand Dove's commercial, which seems completely clueless. To me, it didn't convey "refreshed" any more than a normal shower would.

I liked John's idea, except that I agree it should have been a female runner in an all-woman marathon. It needed a "sports announcer" narrator to set the situation, instead of the disjointed shots. And the woman winner should have gotten cucumber sandwiches and green tea with her laurel wreath after winning. But Kristin never understood the idea, not one little bit, and the end result was pathetic (as Estee explains in her episode summary).

I like your idea, and it would be easier to shoot ... but I really think John's ad (which would play off the fact that we actually DO see marathon runners dump cups and bottles of water over their heads and bodies) could have been both distinctive (in an "outside the box" Gen Y way) and effective -- had it been made.

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I liked the marathon idea, but it had to be executed right and the fun got lost somewhere along the process. I do agree that it was Kristen's responsibility to make sure the message on paper translated onto the screen correctly and she totally failed to do that.

The other team actually surprised me. I think if they had come up with a better idea, they woulda kicked #####. (aside from the drama queen actress fiasco). And at the end, Trump would rather have people who can he give a great idea to and have them exacute it rather than a team with the most brilliant idea who can't get it off the ground because they all hate each other.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
The idea could have been better if they has a female runner grab the body wash at one of the water stations and run into a lawn sprinkler and washed her body before running to victory. (Obviously she'd have to stay clothed, but arms and legs would work)

But I have to say Magna's commercial was highly inappropriate. And it wasn't the gay references, it was the cucumber shot. I can't beleive they thought Dove would want to air that.

Bittergirl 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-11-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bittergirl Click to send private message to Bittergirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I honestly could not believe that everyone on the Magna team thought that the cucumber/gay commercial was a good idea! It was totally embarrassing and inappropriate, not to mention the fact that it didn't even highlight the product. Bren is strange for coming up with it, and Erin is strange for thinking it was like a clever "Will and Grace" thing. Ugh!

The marathon idea could have been good but I questioned it when John first brought it up because of the amount of people that normally run a marathon or any race where water is handed out -- versus their budget to hire maybe seven actors. Anyhoo, I guess Donnie was only looking for a good concept and would shoot it professionally later. It was funny, even the actor questioned putting the Dove stuff on his face, but Kristen was all "it's for your face too". She's an idiot.

I'm glad Kristen is gone. She was rude and horrible to people. She thinks way too highly of her limited self. Good riddance, hag!

Twisted Sister 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twisted%20Sister Click to send private message to Twisted%20Sister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I liked the marathoner idea, it was poorly execute. Ah well at least Kristen didn't blink as much as Maria. <g>

The actualy dove commercial was ok, but I thought Donnie Deutch was pusing a 30 second movie and it was a montage.

The idea I had last night was an image of a man standing working on something in his garage or something. His back is to the camera, but you could tell he's a bit hot an sweaty. Suddenly you see a female hand pinching him on the butt. He turns around and sees his wife/so wearing a towel and a mischevious smile. He chases her up to the bathroom, with lots giggling going on, and perhaps we see the towel drop along the way. Finally they (with the man still dressed) get into to shower, which is already running, and as his shirt flies merrily over the top of the shower curtain, there's a voice over, "Get Fresh with Dove."

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-11-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I agree, the one Dove did sucked. They complained about the product being used incorrectly, but yet they didn't use the product in their campaign?

As for the commercials--I agree that net worth needed more material and they did those cheesy '70's transitions. Transitions like that aren't used much anymore--maybe once or twice. It would have been fun if they did it like a Mentos commerical.

Magna didn't pull off their piece either. Might have been funny, but getting it past the FCC would be a huge problem. And their target is gay men, and not women necessarilly.

I would have targeted both, as its easy for Dove to target women, but men is a new market. I would have done a woman/man testimonial with interspersed with them working out.

Man and woman are working out.

Man/woman alternating: "When it comes to the gym, if you don't break a sweat, it isn't a workout"

To the locker room:

"That's why in here, (pointing to the shower) there is only one soap I trust to work out the sweat."

Person washing different body parts

Announcer: Dove bodywash, with cucumber and green tea rejuvinates skin..." yada yada yada

The couple meets up in front of the locker room.

"It's strong enough for the both of us."

They walk off.

I understand this is "inside the box" a bit, but its a body wash and straight forward is the only real way to get the product targeted.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
Both teams wnet wrong by not identifying the core audience for Dove first. Dove has always aimed it's products at women. ALways. The marathon would hve worked if they had chosen a woman runner or several women running, using the product, etc., etc. Dove also focuses on skin care and that was never mentioned.

I thought, of the two ideas, Networth's orginal idea was the best. Kristen butchered it because she had to be in charge and she thought she was better than the rest of her team. John's original idea would have worked if the focus would have been a woman and if there were more focus on the body wash.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I was jazzed by Net Worth's idea and there were a lot of things you could have done to make it unpredictable and interesting. I agree that it should have been a female runner, and the idea to have her run through a sprinkler is a good one. It could have been something different each time she lathered up....a fire hydrant turned on, people with hoses...then at the end everyone's sweating and breathing hard while she's clean and smiling. It would have been better to not use a sound stage to shoot it but I guess they had no choice.

And was I the only one that thought that Net Worth's music was cheesy as all heck?

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boomerang Click to send private message to boomerang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Dove's commercial"
The thing I didn't like about Dove's commercial was the ending. Was I seeing things, or was that Miss Piggy? What in the world is Miss Piggy doing in a commercial for body wash? I think the most important image to leave in people's minds should be at the end of the commercial. The last image in Dove's commercial was a pig. Yes, it was a puppet, but still, it was a pig.

The cucumber bit was so craptucular that I can't even comment on it.

ACTION!

ShaggyLives 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShaggyLives Click to send private message to ShaggyLives Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Dove's commercial"
With products that aren't of a serious nature, humor seems to be the most important thing to put in a commercial in the hope that people remember it and maybe even talk about it.

In the case of Miss Piggy, that was Dove's LAME attempt at humor.

Someone said they could tell what the Dove commercial was about. Take away the fact it is called Dove "BODY" Wash, how in the heck can you tell what it is for when all they are showing is faces with makeup then without makeup. In the furthest reaches of the imagination they would be saying that using Dove Body Wash improves your face's complexion?

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Well, I didn't like it."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-05 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

Perhaps due to editing, it appeared that both teams jumped all over the first and only idea anyone on their respective teams came up with, and both ideas were horrible.

The porno/chef/gay ad was conceptually flawed. I don't think the gay angle was the issue (no one who uses body wash is going to be anti-homo), but the phallic cuke was too blatant and there was just NO CONNECTION TO THE PRODUCT.

The marathon ad at least had some conceptual connection to body wash, but as a person who runs marathons and uses body wash, it was also lame. The only possible way it would have worked would have been to shoot in the rain so that the runners were wet and then rinsed. Still, not a good idea, and horribly executed.

Finally, the actual Dove ad was weak, I agree, and certainly wouldn't motivate me to buy Dove Body Wash. But at least it looked pretty.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-11-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Well, I didn't like it."
Ooh, I'll take your rain idea and add a concept to it. I don't
know if it'll be any better than the lousy ideas they had, but
here's what I'd see:

A woman wearing a sleeveless top and a pair of shorts is
our main character. She's waiting for a bus, or just walking
on a street, carrying a tote bag.

It starts to rain. Other people are scrambling for umbrellas
or newspapers to keep dry, and she just reaches into her tote
bag and pulls out the body wash. And she doesn't use it on
her face. LOL!

My idea has to be better than veggie porn.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Well, I didn't like it."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-05 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

All I could think about was the commercials in Eddie Murphy's "Boomerang." The cherries? The banana? Strangee?

Rendered by professionals, the Net Worth ad might have worked. I'm sure the cucumber could have been a little less, well, cumbersome. The Magna commercial was just boring and illogical. The professional "Dove" spot wasn't THAT bad; I liked Miss Piggy making fun of the concept of the commercial itself in the end.

And every site I visited this a.m. had wretched Dove body goo banners.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-11-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Well, I didn't like it."
Come on guys - BOTH commericials were just horrible. If Verna hadn't quit I think Trump would've fired one from each time and he should've. Bren/Erin both dodged bullets.

THe commericials were both not funny and both totally missed the point.

That being said the task was impossible for people with those backgrounds to make. They needed a professional director for sure. God if I saw either of those commericial on tv I would go "What the..." The Book Smarts commercial was also very offensive. If I had to pick a winner I would go Street Smarts by default. It just goes to prove that book smarts people sometimes totally lack common sense.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
I finally saw the episode on the replay on CNBC.

And I honestly couldn't imagine the ads being as bad as they were described here....damn, was I wrong.

First of all, they looked like cheap porn. I thought they had access to high quality stuios and such? There was no way those ads were going to look "professional" when they were filmed at what must have been New York's public television station.

Second, anytime, let me repeat ANYTIME, you have an idea that involves using a vegetable as the object of fondling, you should just go right on back to the drawing board. I don't care if Will and Grace themselves were IN the damn ad, jerking a cuke while trying to sell body wash is just not going to work. Ever.

Third, on behalf of the state of Tennessee, I apologize for Bren this week.

Fourth, I teach drama to high schoolers. Horribly untalented high schoolers, mind you, and even THEY could look more refreshed/less cheesy than the "talent" that Kristen was working with. Did she not know that he looked like a complete goob in that shot at the end? And what was with the Power Point dissolves between the shots? It was like watching a 9th grade presentation with all the "bells and whistles" that they tried to throw in.

Fifth, this was a ridiculous task from the get-go. Marketing is not something that the average Joe can succeed at. It's one thing to come up with an idea; creating the ad is something else all together. Who among us thinks that this had diddly squat to do with any possible job responsibility that D.T.'s apprentice might have? I'd rather see them organize events, sell stuff on the street, work on production lines...anything that concentrates on basic teamwork and thinking skills. This task was so far out of their league that it was painful to watch.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--anyone with three brain cells should have thought to use a female "runner" and water, so I was glad to see Kristen GO.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-15-05, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
Hi, anotherkim, long time no write to, speak to...Points salient and well-taken. All of them. But do remember the Marquis Jet ads from Season 1. Both were reasonably well-executed.

I think that Season 1 successes with this type challenge were the case because both teams actually had talented members who knew how to ask for quality expert assistance during their brain-storming and filming processes. (Perhaps the experts within the ad agency were at their disposal?) One would assume that this was the case, given the level of their final presentations.

None of the contestants from Season 1 were trained in advertising from what I could tell. They were, however, savvy enough to ask the kinds of intelligent questions that resulted in reasonably good ads at the end of the competition.

The current crew is full of dullards (on both sides) who know how to swear and to behave badly. They would not know how to analyse across skills sets if you handed them a manual. No surprise that their presentations were lackluster. They all are.

And I'm so not a Bren fan. He provides a textbook example of why I got out of that part of the country as soon as I turned 18. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. And the absolute howler is that people like him often have leadership roles in business, politics and the far-too-often self-satisfied and close-minded faith-based community.

He can make a soft porn movie about homosexuals buying soap, but when the idea tanks with The Donald, he can sanctimoniously and with a straight face claim that the entire process is against his "moral beliefs." What moral beliefs? The idea that it is acceptable to exploit out-groups as long as it makes money for you? Or that it is equally acceptable to reject out-groups if your original exploitative idea is rejected by the powers that be? Yuck. Blech. Yuck. Little wonder that our fine state has a permanent position in the lowest rankings on national standardised examinations, if this contestant is an example of what the current educational system produces.

--Singer

N305AS 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-15-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail N305AS Click to send private message to N305AS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
My $0.02 worth -

The minute I heard them say "glitz and glamour" when referring to the ad campaign in Donny Deutsch's offices, I had the following idea:

Some Hollywood gala event like the Oscars - you see actors and actresses arriving in stretch limos, whirling down the red carpet, all the paparazzi going nuts, etc - and inside, everyone is eagerly tearing into their gift bags.

But they're tossing away the expensive baubles like jewelry, cell phones, PDAs, perfumes, etc - and going straight for the new Dove Body Wash! Women are fighting over it! Gay male actors are stealing them from other bags! Over the din, the announcer says: "New Dove body wash - refreshing..and highly in demand"

Or something to that effect, anyway.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: am i the only one who liked net worth's idea?"
>My $0.02 worth -
>
>The minute I heard them say
>"glitz and glamour" when referring
>to the ad campaign in
>Donny Deutsch's offices, I had
>the following idea:
>
>
>Some Hollywood gala event like the
>Oscars - you see actors
>and actresses arriving in stretch
>limos, whirling down the red
>carpet, all the paparazzi going
>nuts, etc - and inside,
>everyone is eagerly tearing into
>their gift bags.
>
>But they're tossing away the expensive
>baubles like jewelry, cell phones,
>PDAs, perfumes, etc - and
>going straight for the new
>Dove Body Wash!
> Women are fighting over
>it! Gay male
>actors are stealing them from
>other bags! Over
>the din, the announcer says:
>"New Dove body wash -
>refreshing..and highly in demand"

>
>Or something to that effect, anyway.
>

I like your idea! It certainly is better than what both teams put together.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •