The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SUNDA..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Current Message

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Agree"
I'm not trying to say that the result was a robbery or anything. It was evidently a close fight, and like you said, 3-2 in rounds for either guy seemed like a decent result (even though none of the judges scored it that way). But there was one fight earlier in the season, where they made a big point of it being the closest point yet. That was the only time that I recall in which they announced the scores, which were all 48-47 for the winner.

Yet they made a conscious decision not to show that there were differences of opinion among the judges as to who won between Ishe and Sergio. They deliberately did not show Sergio out on his feet at the end (information furnished separately by my source and by Alfonso Gomez on his site, and reinforced by Tommy Gallagher's comment on the official site that Sergio would not have been able to last a sixth round because of the effects of that punch at the end of the fifth).

In other words, they made a clear decision to portray the fight as an undisputed win for Sergio. Given that they were so manipulative in that regard, then clearly they are not going to show any negative crowd reaction. I mean, c'mon!!!

I am NOT saying that Ishe was the legitimate winner of that fight. I AM saying that, from what I heard, the initial reaction of those in Sergio's corner was that Sergio had not done enough, I AM saying that someone I spoke to who was there said that there was booing in the crowd at the result, and I AM saying that the fight was deliberately edited so as to eliminate any hint of controversy or dispute over the scoring. And you're right; I probably wouldn't care as much--scratch that, I definitely wouldn't care as much--if the roles had been reversed, and my buddy had wound up a disputed points winner.

And as for Ishe "crying and whining": where has he cried or whined about the result? On the show? On the site? I still haven't spoken to him about that episode; he's training for May 24 and we've been playing phone tag. All he has said publicly has been gracious; he has even said to me that he thinks Sergio would be a deserving winner because he is smart, he is decent, he is honest, he is a good boxer, and he comes from such poverty that he deserves it. I know Ishe's my friend, but jeez, it seems to me the man can't catch a break. If he's humble and accepting of the decision, it means he admits he lost; if he complains, it means he's a whiner, a bad sport, and a bad Christian.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SUNDA...   VegasFightWriter     04-23-05       
   RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   pdaj     04-23-05     1  
     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   Master B     04-23-05     2  
     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   VegasFightWriter     04-23-05     3  
   RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   ARnutz     04-23-05     4  
     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   Master B     04-23-05     5  
         RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   finalround     04-23-05     6  
   RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   finalround     04-24-05     7  
     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   Master B     04-24-05     8  
         RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   FFantasyFX     04-24-05     9  
             RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   finalround     04-24-05     10  
   RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   dmdpup     04-24-05     11  
     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   ChicagoTRS     04-24-05     12  
         RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   romber_team_wins     04-25-05     13  
             RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   TroyGun25     04-25-05     14  
                 RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   FFantasyFX     04-25-05     15  
                     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   VegasFightWriter     04-25-05     17  
                         Wow!   AyaK     04-25-05     20  
                     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   ChicagoTRS     04-25-05     21  
                         RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   VegasFightWriter     04-25-05     22  
                             Agree   AyaK     04-25-05     25  
                                 RE: Agree   VegasFightWriter     04-25-05     26  
                                     RE: Agree   ChicagoTRS     04-26-05     28  
                                         RE: Agree   VegasFightWriter     04-26-05     31  
                 Reply   AyaK     04-25-05     16  
                     RE: Reply   TroyGun25     04-26-05     30  
   RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   stirlo1984     04-25-05     18  
     See this article   AyaK     04-25-05     19  
     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   jenniferlyn     04-25-05     24  
   Alfonso's take   VegasFightWriter     04-25-05     23  
   RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   jenniferlyn     04-25-05     27  
     RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   gwrbassin     04-26-05     29  
         RE: WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR S...   jenniferlyn     05-02-05     32  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •