The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Joey's injuries"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wassail99 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-02-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wassail99 Click to send private message to Wassail99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Joey's injuries"
Anyone know how many stitches Joey ended up getting? And, was his rib really broken (or just bruised). Just curious. I guess they'll tell us next week what happened at the hospital.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 60 stitches AyaK 05-02-05 1
   RE: 60 stitches Rebellwyr 05-02-05 2
       RE: 60 stitches pdaj 05-02-05 3
 RE: Joey's injuries Wassail99 05-02-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "60 stitches"
In Joey's exit commentary on the show's Yahoo! site, he says that he got 60 stitches for the cut. He also says that his rib was sore from a body punch in the first round, but he doesn't say anything about it being broken -- so I'll assume it wasn't.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Rebellwyr 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebellwyr Click to send private message to Rebellwyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 60 stitches"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-05 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

This is from the newsletter sent out by joey's website: also check out the link to jackie kallen's website http://www.jackiekallen.com which has a picture of joey's cut a week later...as far as his ribs I heard somewhere he had three broken ribs, which were previously cracked during the jimmy lange fight

///////
Hello Everyone!

I want to thank you all again for the tremendous support! Like Sly says, sometimes you get knocked down in life and you just have to pull yourself up. Leaving the show was a tough blow. I’m obviously disappointed that I lost the split-decision to Peter. However, I would have been eliminated anyway because of the cut and 55 stitches. Therefore, I’m glad a great guy like Peter wasn’t eliminated and the Contender would have had to bring someone else back. I will be sending you all a comprehensive newsletter this week with my thoughts and insights on the show. For now, I hope you all take the time to vote for me as a “fan favorite” when NBC puts up the voting list in the next couple of weeks. The fan favorites will be fighting on the undercard at Caesar’s Las Vegas on May 24. Again, my heart and prayers go out to all of you who have supported me and I hope you continue to do so as I strive for my dream of becoming a world champion!

Love and Friendship,

Joey
//////

pdaj 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdaj Click to send private message to pdaj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 60 stitches"
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=turner/contender/050502

"In his losing bout against Peter "The Pride of Providence" Manfredo Jr. on Sunday night, he didn't go down easy. Exhibiting the heart of a lion, Gilbert fought through the pain of three fractured ribs, a gimpy leg and deep gashes above his eyes."

Wassail99 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-02-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wassail99 Click to send private message to Wassail99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Joey's injuries"
Thanks for the info! I didn't know Jackie had a website, will have to check that out. It's amazing he was able to even lift his arm with fractured ribs. I knew someone in a car accident that broke ribs and the slightest movement of their arm was excruciating. He either has an extrememly high pain threshold, or his huge heart overrode it! I think it was a little of both. It's amazing how he kept going through all his injuries throughout the show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •