The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Should we plan for AR5?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

mygirlfriday 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-17-03, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mygirlfriday Click to send private message to mygirlfriday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Should we plan for AR5?"
With AR4 being nearly half over...I can't help but feel a little concerned that I haven't heard a buzz about AR5 being planned.
Anyone have any thoughts or comments about the survival of the Amazing Race?

*MGF*

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Should we plan for AR5? good qu... mikeycom 07-18-03 1
 RE: Should we plan for AR5? SteffiGurl 07-18-03 2
 My thoughts realitybites 07-18-03 3
 RE: Should we plan for AR5? managerr 07-18-03 4
   RE: Should we plan for AR5? karalott 07-18-03 5
 Let's Do Something About it! Meemo 07-24-03 6
 Unfortunately.... mrbluesky 07-24-03 7
 RE: Should we plan for AR5? nyirish 07-25-03 8
 RE: Should we plan for AR5? ebargoma 07-31-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mikeycom 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-03, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikeycom Click to send private message to mikeycom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Should we plan for AR5? good question!"
I to have been looking all over the place for the casting call. I am really interesting the AR5 and would like to submit an application. I have the Perfect Team from New Mexico ready to take on the WORLD. You know, the New Mexico is still the wild wild west.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-18-03, 03:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Should we plan for AR5?"
Considering that TAR is up for an Emmy, there's a good chance there will be TAR5

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-18-03, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "My thoughts"
1) There WILL be a TAR5; the Emmy nomination all but assures it. The ratings and demographic splits aren't bad either.
2) They may or may not take applications. I read somewhere else (don't remember where; it's been awhile since I've seen it) that CBS has enough applications and doesn't need any more.
3) Best case scenario: TAR5 would replace some weaker shows in January. That would mean they would have to start casting within the next two months.
4) Most likely, TAR5 would come during the summer again, probably in the same time slot, but could be slotted anywhere. This would mean they needn't hurry to cast or run the race.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-18-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Should we plan for AR5?"
The one thing TAR has going for it is that it's a consistent performer with a die hard fan base. They can stick it in any ridiculous time slot and we will watch. That's bad in the sense that it will never be like Survivor or any of their feature shows. But it's good because it's a good niche for us. We make a great (and cheap) mid-season replacement and CBS knows that it can count on us to watch.

I'm ashamed to say, but I have watched all 5 of the reality shows nominated, and I would definitely give it to TAR to be the winner. No contest.

karalott 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-18-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail karalott Click to send private message to karalott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Should we plan for AR5?"
I had heard the TAR uses the same casting people as Survivor and Big Brother, and will often pick contestants that have applied for those shows. They also pick contestants that have previously applied for the show. Personally, I think it's a little unfair.

Seeing as how the show is up for an Emmy, I can't beleive they won't bring it back. Especially if it wins. Maybe it will draw more viewers to the show or something. As far as ratings go, this season is doing better than last, and the ratings for last week were up. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see the 5th season.

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-24-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Let's Do Something About it!"
Well, according to this : http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1450
Things aren't looking good.

We need to rally the troops! Go to CBS.com and click on feedback on the bottom of the page. Tell your family, your friends, your neighbors, and your family & friends' neighbors!

Let's fight to keep our TAR!!!!!!

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-24-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Unfortunately...."
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-03 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

***removed since I accidentially duplidated Meemo's message. Sorry about that, Meemo.

nyirish 3 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nyirish Click to send private message to nyirish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Should we plan for AR5?"
I don't watch all that much TV, but I do set my VCR for The Amazing Race. I hope that everyone will petition CBS to keep it running....maybe we'll all get to play someday!

ebargoma 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-03, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ebargoma Click to send private message to ebargoma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Should we plan for AR5?"
I really hope and pray that there will be a TAR5 next season. It is the only reality show that I actually give my time to. I am not a big time tv watcher, but the TAR is a show I make sure I never miss. I even schedule my waitressing job around it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •