URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1295
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Should we plan for AR5?"

Posted by mygirlfriday on 07-17-03 at 10:47 PM
With AR4 being nearly half over...I can't help but feel a little concerned that I haven't heard a buzz about AR5 being planned.
Anyone have any thoughts or comments about the survival of the Amazing Race?

*MGF*

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Should we plan for AR5? good question!"
Posted by mikeycom on 07-18-03 at 00:36 AM
I to have been looking all over the place for the casting call. I am really interesting the AR5 and would like to submit an application. I have the Perfect Team from New Mexico ready to take on the WORLD. You know, the New Mexico is still the wild wild west.

"RE: Should we plan for AR5?"
Posted by SteffiGurl on 07-18-03 at 03:09 AM
Considering that TAR is up for an Emmy, there's a good chance there will be TAR5

"My thoughts"
Posted by realitybites on 07-18-03 at 03:54 AM
1) There WILL be a TAR5; the Emmy nomination all but assures it. The ratings and demographic splits aren't bad either.
2) They may or may not take applications. I read somewhere else (don't remember where; it's been awhile since I've seen it) that CBS has enough applications and doesn't need any more.
3) Best case scenario: TAR5 would replace some weaker shows in January. That would mean they would have to start casting within the next two months.
4) Most likely, TAR5 would come during the summer again, probably in the same time slot, but could be slotted anywhere. This would mean they needn't hurry to cast or run the race.

Posted by managerr on 07-18-03 at 11:52 AM
The one thing TAR has going for it is that it's a consistent performer with a die hard fan base. They can stick it in any ridiculous time slot and we will watch. That's bad in the sense that it will never be like Survivor or any of their feature shows. But it's good because it's a good niche for us. We make a great (and cheap) mid-season replacement and CBS knows that it can count on us to watch.

I'm ashamed to say, but I have watched all 5 of the reality shows nominated, and I would definitely give it to TAR to be the winner. No contest.

Posted by karalott on 07-18-03 at 12:45 PM
I had heard the TAR uses the same casting people as Survivor and Big Brother, and will often pick contestants that have applied for those shows. They also pick contestants that have previously applied for the show. Personally, I think it's a little unfair.

Seeing as how the show is up for an Emmy, I can't beleive they won't bring it back. Especially if it wins. Maybe it will draw more viewers to the show or something. As far as ratings go, this season is doing better than last, and the ratings for last week were up. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see the 5th season.

"Let's Do Something About it!"
Posted by Meemo on 07-24-03 at 04:42 PM
Well, according to this : http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1450
Things aren't looking good.

We need to rally the troops! Go to CBS.com and click on feedback on the bottom of the page. Tell your family, your friends, your neighbors, and your family & friends' neighbors!

Let's fight to keep our TAR!!!!!!

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

"Unfortunately...."
Posted by mrbluesky on 07-24-03 at 05:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-03 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

***removed since I accidentially duplidated Meemo's message. Sorry about that, Meemo.

Posted by nyirish on 07-25-03 at 05:56 AM
I don't watch all that much TV, but I do set my VCR for The Amazing Race. I hope that everyone will petition CBS to keep it running....maybe we'll all get to play someday!

Posted by ebargoma on 07-31-03 at 01:42 AM
I really hope and pray that there will be a TAR5 next season. It is the only reality show that I actually give my time to. I am not a big time tv watcher, but the TAR is a show I make sure I never miss. I even schedule my waitressing job around it.