The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A friday morning random act of kindness"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-30-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A friday morning random act of kindness"
This really brightened my day.

This morning I was in the drive through line for a coffee and there was a woman trying to merge and no one would let her in. I smiled at her and motioned for her to go ahead (hell, it's only another minute for me, but less stress for her). Her face lit up and she waved and thanked me. When I went to order they said "The lady behind you bought you a cookie as a thank you for letting her in line."

Isn't that a nice random act of kindness. Good cookie too!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... PagongRatEater 04-30-04 1
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... Schnookie Palookie 04-30-04 2
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... Emily RugBurn 04-30-04 3
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... Puffy 04-30-04 4
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... brvnkrz 04-30-04 5
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... Glow 04-30-04 6
   RE: A friday morning random act of ... Breezy 04-30-04 8
       RE: A friday morning random act of ... Glow 04-30-04 9
           *munch munch* Breezy 04-30-04 11
               RE: *munch munch* Glow 04-30-04 12
                   not today Breezy 04-30-04 13
                       RE: not today Glow 04-30-04 14
                           now I'm thristy Breezy 04-30-04 16
                               RE: now I'm thristy Glow 04-30-04 17
                                   RE: now I'm thristy Breezy 04-30-04 18
                                       RE: now I'm thristy Glow 04-30-04 19
                                           oooooooohhh Breezy 04-30-04 20
                                               RE: oooooooohhh Glow 04-30-04 22
                                                   RE: oooooooohhh Breezy 04-30-04 24
                                                       RE: oooooooohhh Glow 04-30-04 25
                                                           RE: oooooooohhh Breezy 04-30-04 28
                                                               RE: oooooooohhh Glow 04-30-04 29
                                                                   LOL Breezy 04-30-04 30
                                                                       RE: LOL Glow 04-30-04 32
                                                                           *yawn* Breezy 04-30-04 33
                                                                               RE: *yawn* Glow 04-30-04 36
                                                                                   Nope Breezy 04-30-04 37
                                                                                       RE: Not yet Glow 04-30-04 38
                                                                                           RE: Not yet Breezy 04-30-04 39
                                                                                               RE: Not yet Glow 04-30-04 40
                                                                                                   ok Breezy 04-30-04 41
                                                               warmth moonbaby 04-30-04 31
                                                                   yup Breezy 04-30-04 34
                                                                   RE: warmth Glow 04-30-04 35
                                                                   Any photographic evidence... IceCat 04-30-04 49
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... probably clueless 04-30-04 7
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... Deonna 04-30-04 10
   RE: A friday morning random act of ... nailbone 04-30-04 48
 I like holding open doors.. deerhunter 04-30-04 15
   RE: I like holding open doors.. probably clueless 04-30-04 21
       RE: I like holding open doors.. deerhunter 04-30-04 23
           RE: I like holding open doors.. nailbone 04-30-04 47
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... shedevil 04-30-04 26
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... DSpunk 04-30-04 27
   RE: A friday morning random act of ... desert_rhino 04-30-04 42
       RE: A friday morning random act of ... DSpunk 04-30-04 44
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... beesknees 04-30-04 43
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... rjrabbit 04-30-04 45
 RE: A friday morning random act of ... Canada Girl 04-30-04 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
That's an awesome story. I'm going to try to do ONE random act of kindness over the weekend. If we all do it, we can make the world a more OT place!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-04 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Wow! What a great story CG! Good for you!

Some peeps don't realize the ripple effect their actions can cause. Cut someone off in traffic, then that person is all pi$$ed off and so on and so on. If they could only realize that if they did something good, they could get a yummy cookie out of it

ETA: I just read Pagong's message where he wrote: "make the world a more OT place" I love that

An IceCat Classic

Emily RugBurn 663 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Emily%20RugBurn Click to send private message to Emily%20RugBurn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
Woah!! That's SUPER nice -- definitely something you don't see every day.

Every time I see a random act of kindness take place, guaranteed that same day, I'll see a random act of meaness. (Watch out!!)

Thanks for sharing your story.

~ EmRB
a.k.a. ALSO Canadian Girl!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-04 AT 12:31 PM (EST)

That was TWO random acts of kindness: yours and hers. It always makes me feel good to let someone in front of me while driving. Then of course there's the times I want to go r-e-a-l-l-y r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w just to get even with a tailgater or someone else who is behind me. But I think they might have a gun, so I don't.

AKA Puff Homes
sig pic courtesy of J Slice

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
I'll start with a random act of kindness. I'm running out right now to buy myself a cookie.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.
CASH Wine gopher

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
Wow, CG, that was really sweet of you. And sweet of her too.

I just can't figure out how she got behind you if you let her go ahead.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
*stalk*

I was wondering the same thing.

04-30-04, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
Ahhhh, the stalkee has become stalker.

04-30-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "*munch munch*"
Wanna piece of dried mango?

04-30-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: *munch munch*"
oooh yummy... yes please
I guess to properly stalk you, I'd have to enter the forbidden zone.

04-30-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
13. "not today"
today is Survivor spoilers day for me.

here ya go.....nice and sweet mango

04-30-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: not today"
*munch* mmmmmm
That's where I started lurking, but I promised BF I wouldn't tell him everything that is going to happen this season. For some reason, I can't keep it to myself.

04-30-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
16. "now I'm thristy"

Me too! Way back in S2.

04-30-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
17. "RE: now I'm thristy"
Want some Mango Minute Maid Light?

04-30-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
18. "RE: now I'm thristy"
I'd rather have a drink drink, ya know with alcohol.

04-30-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
19. "RE: now I'm thristy"
I could pour some vodka in it. mmmmmm mango vodka

04-30-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
20. "oooooooohhh"
that sounds yummy, yes please.

*smooch*

04-30-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
22. "RE: oooooooohhh"
*smooch*

I feel like a girly girl today, BTW. I'm wearing my Glee. But I think I should try True.

04-30-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
24. "RE: oooooooohhh"

I have on Warmth and Desire on my eyes.... I also got Lust for my eyes but it's a little much for daytime wear.

I'm tanning for vacation so Glee wasn't dark enough for me, but it'll be great in the winter.

04-30-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
25. "RE: oooooooohhh"
Is Warmth or True the darker one? I'm kinda pale. Well, I should tan too, I guess.

04-30-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
28. "RE: oooooooohhh"

Not sure about True, but Warmth is darker. It's the one that came in my starter kit thingy.

I also got a soft black eye line stuff and a brush to put that on with.

04-30-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
29. "RE: oooooooohhh"
Lining my eyes might be pushing it. You're more girly than me.

04-30-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
30. "LOL"

I would have never attempted it, but AZ-Leo said it was sooo easy with this stuff. She's right too.

04-30-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
32. "RE: LOL"
One of these days, I'll suck it up and start wearing more makeup. Not to work though. At this job, I have to splash cold water on my face all day long to keep myself awake.

04-30-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
33. "*yawn*"

Could you splash some my way?

04-30-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
36. "RE: *yawn*"
Too much vodka?

04-30-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
37. "Nope"

Not enough.

04-30-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Not yet"
*pours Breezy another glass*

04-30-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Not yet"

Where'd the not yet come from?

04-30-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Not yet"
You said "Not enough" I said "Not yet"

04-30-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
41. "ok"

Maybe I have had enough then, *hiccup*....

*grin*

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "warmth"
Tried it out when I bought the kit-when summer kicks in it will give the nice illusion of a tan. It looked pretty real!

04-30-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
34. "yup"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-04 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

I look like I've been in the sun all day.

ETA- would you like some dried mango, Moonie?

04-30-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
35. "RE: warmth"
So, I won't actually have to tan?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Any photographic evidence..."
... of the results of your experiment?

Just out of purely scientific curiosity doncha know...

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
May I have a cookie please?

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Chocolate Chip if ya got it*

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-30-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
If only people could really "Pay It Forward". The world would be a better place.

Deonna

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"

Who says you can't?

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deerhunter Click to send private message to deerhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "I like holding open doors.."
Whenever I see a woman approaching, I'll hold the door open for her.

That way I can look at her butt!

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I like holding open doors.."
Phewww...for a minute there I thought I was going to be dissapointed.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Saved yourself in the tagline*

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deerhunter Click to send private message to deerhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I like holding open doors.."
It's true! I'm a giver!

Also likes standing on ladders.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: I like holding open doors.."
Indeed.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Or at the bottom of stairs and escalators?

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-30-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
Sometimes it's little things that make or break a person's day. That was very nice of both of you.

DSpunk 3270 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
That's really cool, CG. I do my best, whenever someone really ticks me off in traffic, to calm myself and say a little prayer for that person... that they might have a nice day and maybe receive some little kindness from someone else. It definitely helps me keep my sanity on SoCal freeways.

Thanks for sharing! Very nice of you and her.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
Yeah, prayer's good in that circumstance... After all, it's really hard to hit a moving target at highway speeds. Every little bit helps.

DSpunk 3270 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
he he he

luvvin the JV... where you bean?

beesknees 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-30-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beesknees Click to send private message to beesknees Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
I love doing random acts of kindness. The buzz lasts the whole day. It feeels so goood.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
Great story!!

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: A friday morning random act of kindness"
Good Karma!

I just got back from lunch with a family member who had a very scary growth, was worried it was the big C. Nope, just a swollen gland.

Treated them to a nice big celebration lunch and my day just keeps feeling better and better.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •