The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Back."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

DSpunk 3270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Back."
From Italy. It was a wonderful trip, but I'm glad to be home.

So... how're you?

Sliced.
2 Corinthians 4: 7-15

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Back. jkokoj 04-26-04 1
 RE: Back. Glow 04-26-04 2
 RE: Back. GrendelsMom 04-26-04 3
 RE: Back. volsfan 04-26-04 4
 RE: Back. Asrai 04-26-04 5
 RE: Back. Monicanada 04-26-04 6
 RE: Back. Deonna 04-26-04 7
 RE: Back. blacknwhitedog 04-26-04 8
 Glad to see ya TenPin 04-26-04 9
   RE: Glad to see ya DSpunk 04-26-04 21
 Go away! J I M B O 04-26-04 10
   RE: Go away! DSpunk 04-26-04 12
       RE: Go away! J I M B O 04-26-04 15
           Ouch TenPin 04-26-04 16
               RE: Ouch J I M B O 04-26-04 17
                   RE: Ouch TenPin 04-26-04 18
 RE: Back. frisky 04-26-04 11
 Pictures... StarryLuna 04-26-04 13
   RE: Pictures... DSpunk 04-26-04 22
 RE: Back. AugustGirl 04-26-04 14
 Pictures & details & LeftPinky 04-26-04 19
   RE: Pictures & details & DSpunk 04-26-04 23
 The Details DSpunk 04-26-04 20
 RE: Back. Sagebrush Dan 04-26-04 24
 RE: Back. dabo 04-27-04 25
 RE: Back. minitroll 04-27-04 26
   RE: Back. DSpunk 04-27-04 29
 RE: Back. Drive My Car 04-27-04 27
 RE: Back. Esbea 04-27-04 28
   RE: Back. DSpunk 04-27-04 30
       RE: Back. Esbea 04-27-04 31
           RE: Back. DSpunk 04-27-04 32
 This is DSpunk 04-27-04 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-26-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Back."
Welcome back! Italy, awesome! How was the trip, are you tired? What did you like best? Details please!
likes to be nosey every now and again!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Back."
Welcome back, Spunky! Details please.

an incredible JSlice creation

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Back."
Hey, welcome back, Spunky. We missed you around here. Ditto what everyone else will say about the details: spill, bro.

<==flashed by J_Loaf
"Don't take any course where they make you read Beowulf"--Alvy Singer (Woody Allen), Annie Hall

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Back."
Spunky is back! We missed you and welcome back. Let us hear all about the trip!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Back."
Technically, I should be in bed, dreaming! But, I just had to welcome you back, babe! So glad you're back to us, safe and sound! How was your trip? Great, I hope?

*Smoochies*

ASRAI

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Back."
Welcome home, Spunky.

Personal Secretary to the President of CASH

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-26-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Back."
Welcome back! We want pictures and details!

Deonna

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Back."
Hey Spunk! Glad to see you're back! Tell us all about Italy!

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Glad to see ya"
Welcome back, Wow Italy, what part? My brother lived up in the Northern part for a couple of years.

The Kings have been holding on pretty well. I missed Saturdays game and glad I did. We shall see what happens tonight.

TenPin

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intellegent, but the most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin

04-26-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Glad to see ya"
Unfortunately, that was the first game that I've seen in the postseason. I think I may stay away from TV's tonight.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Go away!"
Feel free to take another long trip sometime soon. While you were away I was getting ALL the action...

...among women 18-50 who adore nerdy (yet muscular) readheads.

04-26-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Go away!"
Are you horning in on my territory, punk?

04-26-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Go away!"
Yeah, I was...but after giving it some thought, you can have your DNF back.

(desperate newbie friends)

04-26-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Ouch"
TenPin

04-26-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ouch"
Hopefully nothing was taken personally with that...but I should state for anyone unfamiliar with us that Spunk and I are buds, so any fun poked is purely tongue-in-cheek.

Any DNF of Dave's is a DNF of mine.

04-26-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ouch"
Joking back as well...

Us Kings fans have to have thick skin up here in the pacific NW. I'm use to it.

TenPin

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intellegent, but the most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Back."
There you are! I did a shout-out for you a few pages back, honest!!

Tell all!

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-26-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Pictures..."
NOW!!!!!!

Oh yeah, welcome back! "No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves."

04-26-04, 06:02 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Pictures..."
Unfortunately, my dear, I have no digi... so you'll have to wait for me to get the CD's back with the prints. But I'll post highlights when I get them (probably later this week).

Sliced.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Back."
Welcome back Spunky! We would love to see pictures. *hint hint*

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-26-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Pictures & details &"
what did you bring back for us?
GO AVS!
created by the amazing JSlice!
Besides yourself, of course!

04-26-04, 06:08 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Pictures & details &"
I brought back a cupful of souvenir cigarette butts for just such occasions. Where would you like me to send them?

Or, you could have the leftover hooch from Venice. More like grape juice than wine, but it gets the job done.

04-26-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
20. "The Details"
Well... to really do the trip justice could take me several hours of writing, which I'm sure you guys would find inordinately onerous. Suffice it to say:

Rome is an incredible city, full of energy that seems to resonate from its two and a half millenia history. Great art (I wish I knew more and could appreciate it better)... the sculpture alone (Canova's "Paulina Bonaparte" and Bernini's "Pluto and Proserpine" and "Apollo and Daphne" in the Borghese Gallery, Michelangelo's "Moses", and pretty much all of St. Peter's Basilica) blew me AWAY, but I loved the architecture and paintings as well. Its historical import was also very humbling... for the better part of a thousand years, it was the seat of power in the western world. Its influence on our culture, from Christianity to standard musical terms, made the three days I spent there an utter haze of sensory overload. The Pantheon and Trevi and Piazza Navona... I can go on and on. And seeing John Paul II from about 30 feet was the central moment of my entire trip... seeing a man who is almost without doubt a living saint struck me deeply.

Assisi... the perfect counterpoint to Rome: humble, quiet (even among a throng of pilgrims), and ultimately peaceful. It was a shame that we only spent about 24 rain-drenched hours there... but it gives me an excuse to go back.

Florence. Uglier and taller than rome (from a height standpoint), it nonetheless yielded more art than I could even understand. Just seeing Michelangelo's David was amazing... but couple that with the yummiest dinner of the nine-day trip, and you have another winner.

Venice. Finally, a chance to relax a bit... romantic. And the first substantial music experience of my trip, with its signature accordion/baritone combos. I didn't realize until I got there how much I'd missed hearing music. The bells of the Campanile will be the foundation of my next song.

Pompeii... umm... no words, unfortunately. My brain hasn't wrapped itself around what it would be like to dig up a city that had been buried under ash, lava, and hot mud sixteen or seventeen hundred years later. Let alone to be a citizen of said city.

And back to Rome for the best Gelatto of the trip. Considering that we were averaging about 1.5 gelatti a day each, that's no small feat. If you're going there soon... just out the East main door of the Rome Termini (central train station) across the street on the South corner.

Even in April, though, the tourists only increased in number over the course of our stay there.

This is barely scratching the surface, but it will have to do for now.

Thanks for the lvoe... *smooshes* and *bumbles* to all y'all.

Sliced.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Back."
Were you gone? Didn't notice. (there's a *snort* here for those of you who didn't know that a worried Sagebrush PMed Spunky and a few others to find the whereabouts of this vagabond).

Where's my pizza?

If you've been to visit Rudy's new government site, you may have noticed my new job title, in honor of your nomination so long ago.

So much to say, so brain dead.

CASH Secretary of Hospitality

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Back."

Welcome Home!

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-04, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Back."
Welcome back Spunky! It sounds like you had a great trip. Did you get a lot of rain while you were there?

04-27-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Back."
I wouldn't say "a lot", but it rained at least a little bit each of the first five days we were there. But it was bearable. I just wish GF had chosen to bring her jacket hood, because it really dampened her spirits.

*snort*

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Back."
Welcome back, sounds like a great trip.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Back."
Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time. Cant wait to see your pics.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

04-27-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Back."
luv that new tag line, darlin'.

*smoosh*

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Back."
thanks!

did you find our travel tips useful?

04-27-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Back."
Very much so. You guys and Rick Steves saved my a$$.

Sliced.

04-27-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
33. "This is"
Shameless self-bumpery so that those who haven't already read my "details" report (#20) might do so.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •