The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""ELIMIDATE": the survivor of dating"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Dianetic 618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-02, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianetic Click to send private message to Dianetic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""ELIMIDATE": the survivor of dating"
I can't believe there's not a thread on this.
A guy or a girl gets a group date with 4 others (of the opposite sex). As the date goes on, the main date gets rid of 3 of the other contestants until there's just the 2 of them.
It's hilarious. What's really funny is hearing the kattiness between the competing daters. Before every elimination they ask the daters who they think will be eliminated and they get nasty with each other.

There was one the other day that featured a model type and a trashy stripper. He kept the stripper longer because the model was a bore.

It's funny who they pick sometimes but the winner tends to be the one with the best personality instead of the best looks.

Anybody else love this show?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of da... Drive My Car 05-22-02 1
   RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of da... Lisapooh 05-23-02 5
 RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of da... SurvivorBlows 05-23-02 2
   RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of da... JeffGator 05-30-02 7
 It's on the WB station Dianetic 05-23-02 3
   RE: It's on the WB station SurvivorBlows 05-23-02 4
 RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of da... Kokoro 05-28-02 6
 Blind Date Rules and other observat... JeffGator 05-30-02 8
   RE: Blind Date Rules and other obse... jase 06-04-02 9
       RE: Blind Date Rules and other obse... JeffGator 06-05-02 10
           RE: Blind Date Rules and other obse... ejm92 06-06-02 11
               RE: Blind Date Rules and other obse... Kokoro 06-07-02 12
                   RE: Blind Date Rules and other obse... jase 06-12-02 13
                       RE: Blind Date Rules and other obse... Dianetic 06-18-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of dating"
Where and when is it on? I haven't heard of it. If it is trashy though, I have to give it a look.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-02, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of dating"
Hey Buggy, it's on WB33 at 1 am. Now that it's summer you can watch all you want. It's painful and embarrassing - much like dating in general.

Check out the whole tri-fecta of Blind Date, Fifth Wheel and Elimidate starting at midnight.

It's no wonder I never get any writing done - I always end up watching them instead.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-02, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of dating"
I've seen it, it's OK. Is this the one with the "time-out" card or is that some other one? (frankly all these late night dating shows seem the same to me)

I think the funniest one is the one that follows a couple on a date with pop-up and word balloons. And the show where they are on the cruise ship can be funny sometimes.

-SB

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-30-02, 05:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of dating"
Cards = Change of Heart

Pop up Ballons = Blind Date

05-23-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianetic Click to send private message to Dianetic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "It's on the WB station"
The other show is "BlindDate" that has the balloon captions. It's pretty funny too but not as trashy as Elimidate. It doesn't have any elimination cards, that must be another show.

Last night they had 4 guys go out with a girl and once again she eliminated the 3 jerks and kept the guy who seemed to have the best personality but not neccessarily the best looking guy.

She asked one guy why she should keep him and his only response was to plant a french kiss on her when she wasn't expecting it. She immediately eliminated him.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-02, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's on the WB station"
I'm pretty sure that Elimidate has both a WB version and a daily syndicated version.

Blind Date (assuming that's the word balloon one) is funny, but my only issue with it is that it's not that great a fit for the late night timeslot -- at 1-2AM I'm not looking to have to focus on reading the screen while trying to fall asleep... that kinda defeats the whole point

-SB

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-28-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "ELIMIDATE": the survivor of dating"
<<It's funny who they pick sometimes but the winner tends to be the one with the best personality instead of the best looks.>>

But generally most of the dates tend to be good looking in the first place ;)

In the one I saw, he first got rid of the sensible down to earth one because she was the only one not up for lesbian action, then he got rid of the nice one because she wouldn't do something sexy for him, then he ended up keeping the total b*tch (who we saw completely knocking everyone else and making fun of anything and everything about them) - but she actually did have a good strategy (she pushed the lesbian thing over the top and made the other guy actually think the other girl wasn't into guys with little comments thrown into basically everything she said) which would be a good thing if the guy wasn't a total a$$hole (do they also win $$$?).

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

05-30-02, 05:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Blind Date Rules and other observations"
I love, love, love Blind Date! One of my all time favorite shows. Back in high school my friends and I went through a gambling phase (that's a whole other story) and at the dog track we would take a break every night from the races to watch blind date, on that little tv sitting on our table. It's such a witty show. I just love the way the contestants are made fun of. I would hate to go on the show for fear of the producers tearing me apart. Speaking of Blind Date, has anyone seen an episode where the girl throws up on the date? My best friend's girlfriend claims that her sister was on the show and that she threw up on the date from drinking too much. I've never seen that episode though.

I also like Elimidate. I disagree with whoever said the girl/guy with the best personality wins. I think it's totally the other way around. I can usually predict who will be kicked off first and who will win just by judging their looks. Not to say that it hasn't happened the other way around on the show, but I think for the most part looks win on that show.

The Fifth Wheel is ok, kind of entertaining.

Change of Heart is just not interesting in my opinion. Do any of you watch that?

Or what about Rendez View? I actually like that show. And co-host Ellen Ladowsky is very cute.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-04-02, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Blind Date Rules and other observations"
First, the WB version of Elimidate was cancelled after two weeks due to horrible ratings (it came on @ 7 p.m. on Thursday, who's idea was it to put it on at that day/time in the first place?).

Anyway, the show with a "time out" card is MTV'S Dismissed. That show is the worse dating show on tv. As far as Elimidate, I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me and is pretty good, plus the ratings have improved since it came on. I'm a big fan of Blind Date as well. As far as who picks whom, this show, like all the other dating shows, is fixed. Sorry to tell you, but it's true.

06-05-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Blind Date Rules and other observations"
As far as who picks whom, this show, like all the other dating shows, is fixed. Sorry to tell you, but it's true.
--Is this just a theory of yours or do you know for sure?

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-06-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Blind Date Rules and other observations"
I don't think it's fixed, although it seems that way sometimes. I'm sure they only show the episodes that would make good TV, because I doubt every date they film is as exciting as the majority of the ones they show. I don't like Andy ##### much, but his spoof on Elimidate was hilarious, where he dressed up as a dude with a horrible Acne problem, and the girls were trying to lose on purpose.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-07-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Blind Date Rules and other observations"
Damn, that sounds like a great ep - was it recently aired - Elimidate is a "serious" show isn't it?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-12-02, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Blind Date Rules and other observations"
If you have ever wondered why you often see the same people on Elimidate that you have seen on Blind Date, this is why. Most of the people on these datings shows are aspiring actors and/or models looking for a way into the entertainment industry. Dating shows happen to be the easiest to get on. Plus, I know people within the industry that have told me (no reason for them to lie) that these shows are fixed and that's why I mentioned it. Do I care? NO! I'm going to watch, just like many other people, regardless if it's fixed or not.

06-18-02, 05:11 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Blind Date Rules and other observations"
>Plus, I know people within the
>industry that have told me
>(no reason for them to
>lie) that these shows are
>fixed and that's why I
>mentioned it.

Okay Michael Eisner, keep explaining.

You must be kidding? It's one thing for the casting crew to fix who they want to line up on dates but why would anybody on either Blind Date or Elimidate go along with it even if they were an aspiring actress. There's no good reason for them to go along with it.

Got any more great spoilers for us from Uncle Cameraman?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •