The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Intervention...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Intervention...."
is a new show that is going to debute this Suday on the AandE Television network.
http://www.aetv.com/intervention/

This show should be very interesting because it appears to be delving deep into the problems of people with serious addictions. These peoples problems are so serious that they are going to bring in a professional to help with an Intervention. This seems to be new ground for reality television.

DRONES

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Intervention.... DRONES 03-07-05 1
 RE: Intervention.... okaychatt 03-08-05 2
   RE: Intervention.... volsfan 03-08-05 3
       RE: Intervention.... okaychatt 03-08-05 4
           RE: Intervention.... volsfan 03-08-05 5
               RE: Intervention.... ginger 03-15-05 7
   RE: Intervention.... DRONES 03-08-05 6
 RE: Intervention.... cinemavista 03-16-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-07-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Intervention...."
The first ep air on Sunday. This show has probably been cast as a reality show when it is more like a documentary. I'm always been a big fan of the documentary, well at least the ones that aren't full of lies and manipulation, and this one fits the bill.

What they do is fallow around the addict interspersed with interviews from the addict themself as well as their family, friends and loved ones. Their addiction is shown in all it's ugliness along with it's impact on those around them.

The last 15min is when the intervention takes place, unbeknowst to the addict. They are given an ultimatum and told to leave for treatment immediately.

This show is not about getting to the root of their addiction, it's about getting them into treatment.

DRONES

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-08-05, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Intervention...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-05 AT 07:05 AM (EST)

<new ground for reality television

And a new low. Silly me - I thought Who's Your Daddy? was bad.

This show's premise wins. "Let's make some money off of a family's total, abject misery." I will not be watching.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Intervention...."
If the show is handled correctly, I think this could be a really good idea for a show. There are many people/families in America that are struggling with a family member that has addiction problems (I am assuming most of the show will be dealing with these types of problems).

These types of problems should not be pushed under the rug. I think it brings to light some ways of addressing problems that some families didn't know existed! I think it is a great idea.

Why so harsh on a program you haven't watched?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-08-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Intervention...."
<Why so harsh on a program you haven't watched

That's easy. I think the concept borders on abuse of the person in trouble and his or her family.

They're doing this as reality tv, not a documentary, right? If so, that implies that they're doing it to make money off of someone's misery. I do not think that's a good thing.

I think most people know about interventions. One would have to have lived in a cave in Antarctica to not know about interventions.

I do not think the show is meant to be informative. I think it is meant to be an opportunity to watch a family's intense pain. I think that should remain private.

To each his own, but I will not watch.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Intervention...."
You know as well as I that it is all about money...period.

However, I do disagree with you about everyone knowing about interventions. Everything is about education and no one can ever be too educated about such issues. I feel as a nation we are far below the education level we need to be.

I would think that everyone knows about safe sex and AIDS but the infection rates are just alarming and in some segments of the population they are growing (the rates). So, I am always about something that might shine some light on really good subjects.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Intervention...."
So long as they don't come knocking on my door. The only thing more annoying than an intervention is when your family lets the intervention be filmed.

Worst Nightmare 26(b).

03-08-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Intervention...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-05 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

okaychatt, you should really watch check it out. It is done more like a documentary than a reality show, and on AandE they are calling it a documentary.

If you were to watch it you wouldn't be disappointed.

IMO, this is a program that could be shown as "cable in the classroom" type stuff for High School. It really would give kids a chance to see addiction from a different point of view.

DRONES

cinemavista 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-16-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cinemavista Click to send private message to cinemavista Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Intervention...."
I'm not a 'reality show' guy at all. In fact I generally can't stand television - but I happened upon this forum when I did a search on "Intervention tv" and thought I'd respond.

I can tell you first hand (as in I was involved in this next weeks' episode - on the 20th) - that you are all right in different ways.

No, people do not all know about interventions. We certainly didn't, and I don't live in a cave. Lot's of people are not generally exposed to addictive behavior and are completely unaware of the recovery resources that are out there.

For that, I have been grateful that the show came along - because without them the person in my life would have never gotten into some pretty extensive treatment. Sadly, it doesn't appear to have taken very strongly and from what I know, she is now in relapse.

We were however quite upset with the producers of the show during the taping because the fact is they encouraged her to do the things she was trying to stop doing. In fact, when they contacted her about doing a follow-up interview a couple of months into her recovery - she declined because of that - with the support of the recovery facility.

It's a bit of a dichotomy because we are all grateful that she was able to get into recovery which wouldn't have happened without the show, but it still has that sleazy air of typical television production tactics. It's still all about the money regardless.

I'll be watching this week - shedding a whole lot of tears - and then moving on with my life.

R

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •