The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New CBS preview video"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-07-01, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New CBS preview video"
My RealPlayer is not cooperating. Hopefully Aja will have vidcapped soon. Audio includes a very non-Outback-sounding piano score.

Take a look and tell me what I see...

http://survivor.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Cleaning up camp sleeeve 04-07-01 1
   Tribe at RC AyatollahKhomeini 04-07-01 2
 I've got some caps ready... IceCat 04-07-01 3
   RE: I've got some caps ready... Tyler_Durden 04-07-01 4
       RE: I've got some caps ready... clewlesss 04-07-01 5
           RE: I've got some caps ready... kuchakor 04-07-01 6
               RE: I've got some caps ready... clewlesss 04-07-01 7
                   One thing keeps bugging me. Lexi 04-07-01 8
                       RE: One thing keeps bugging me. Bug 04-08-01 18
                   RE: I've got some caps ready... Lightmage81 04-07-01 9
                       Yup... I think its a Cowboy Hat... IceCat 04-07-01 10
                       RE: I've got some caps ready... Loree 04-07-01 12
               RE: I've got some caps ready... Annadad 04-07-01 11
 I Think Amber Wins RC... IceCat 04-07-01 13
   RE: I Think Amber Wins RC... Loree 04-07-01 14
       Yes... you are right... IceCat 04-07-01 15
           RE: Yes... you are right... idiotcowboy 04-08-01 17
 RE: New CBS preview video md23rewls 04-07-01 16
   RE: New CBS preview video Rudyrox 04-08-01 19
       RE: New CBS preview video Thinking 04-08-01 20
           RE: New CBS preview video disneychriss 04-10-01 21
               Welcome aboard Chriss IceCat 04-10-01 22
                   RE: Could it be Jerri's hat? janisella 04-10-01 23
                       RE: Could it be Jerri's hat? LIZZLOVER 04-10-01 24
               RE: New CBS preview video Thinking 04-11-01 26
           RE: New CBS preview video Bungler 04-11-01 30
               RE: New CBS preview video Thinking 04-11-01 31
 The Grassy Knoll Figures... IceCat 04-11-01 25
   hats hats hats HomeBrewer 04-11-01 27
       good call on Tina's hat weltek 04-11-01 29
 CBS site photo count weltek 04-11-01 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-07-01, 04:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Cleaning up camp"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 04:35 AM (EST)

Everything is flooded, and the rice is gone!!! They obviously were not there when it happened.

We see Amber, Tina, Elisabeth, and Keith cleaning up the camp.

Rodger is seen asking where the rice is, and appears in a night-cam shot, trying to rescue something from the river, while Tina advises him not to worry about it.

Colby is seen for a frame or two giving a hug to Amber.

Since we know from the website preview that "One Survivor misses out on all the drama," I think that we can infer that A,T,K,E are all forced to clean up...

Rodger may miss out, and then ask what happened to the rice when he returns, and try to help out that night, after the rest have worked all day, but I think that it is Colby that will miss out on the action...

Colby is only seen hugging Amber... so I think that he may return much later and have to give his thanks to the tribe members for their salvage work.

Will they lose the rice AGAIN??? That might REALLY piss off MB and JP.

EDITED TO ADD PREVIEW TRANSCRIPT:
Announcer: Thursday, a devestating storm
Rodger: Where was the rice can?
Announcer: The danger is real.
Tina: If you're gonna try to cross the stream, you're crazy.
Announcer: The hunger unbearable.
Liz: We have no food.
Announcer: After you see what the tribe goes through,
Liz: It's turned into a nightmare all of a sudden.
Announcer: you won't believe what they have to do to survive.
Amber: Living out here is just hell.
Announcer: All new Survivor, CBS Thursday.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-07-01, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Tribe at RC"
So ... two previews, lots of flood pictures, NO info on the RC or IC yet!

We know the tribe was away at RC when the flood hits from the previews in the TV listings. We don't know whether it's the RC winner who misses out on the drama.

Unless it makes the thread load too slowly, I'll put vidcaps from this preview (and your transcript, sleeeve) in the same thread with the other E11 vidcaps as soon as I see a decent set.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-01, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I've got some caps ready..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 08:23 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 08:16 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

I've 22 vid caps of the new CBS preview RP video.

Trying to figure out how to post pics on this board... any assistance greatfully and humbly accepted

IceCat

Edited to add this first attempt at posting pics:

These are my own caps and have been uploaded to this board:

I've numbered the frames in order to assist with discussion...

Hope this helps!

Tyler_Durden 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-01, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tyler_Durden Click to send private message to Tyler_Durden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I've got some caps ready..."
Thanx IceCat
Just wanted to add. I saw MB on ET Friday evening and he said that this is totally devestating.( Sorry don't have it taped ) He also added that " this is where the horses come in and we've all heard the rumors of the horses."<<<paraphrasing.

If someone has this taped pleases give us exact quote.

clewlesss 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-07-01, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clewlesss Click to send private message to clewlesss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I've got some caps ready..."
I am a long time lurker on all the boards and I have found this board stays away from all the politics and just plays the game. I hope to stay here.

First ever post,so be gentle:

In Photoshop the shorts on the person crossing the river look to have a red colour: Rodger?

Are the pictures of the cowbot hat in the rain Colby returning from RC? Amber and him hugging upon his return?

Will MB give them horses to ride to the IC after being completely exhausted from fixing the camp? I don't believe anyone gets hurt.

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-07-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I've got some caps ready..."
Yeah, I think Colby will win the RC, with no injuries to Rodger. He is the one who misses out on all the action, whatever his prize may be. I don't think it is Rodger who risks it, Keith is standing behind Tina. That eliminates those two. Rodger is on the shore, I don't think it is him. The person is easily identified as a man with no shirt on....Colby???? I think he will end up failing and getting nothing much from his "Heroic Measures" to save the camp. Mainly because we hear Amber's "Hell" comment after someone goes into the water. I think Colby will be the one to be voted out, because he had no help while the camp was flooding as he was claiming his prize for winning the RC Horse Challenge, or possibly (I seriously doubt it) injured from it. I am almost positive Rodger won't go this week, nor Liz. We haven't seen a win streak in challenges so far, plus Gretchen and others pick Rodger to go far. I think Hatch is in on MB's secrets, and he may be trying to fool us.

clewlesss 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-01, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clewlesss Click to send private message to clewlesss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I've got some caps ready..."
The person in the river has a shirt on. You can see the cuffs of the shirt. He is wearing a baseball cap (Rodger or Keith). Look for Rodger to become a stronger "Father" figure.

Lexi 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-01, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lexi Click to send private message to Lexi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "One thing keeps bugging me."
Rodger says "Where was the rice can?"

This could mean a couple things.
(1) He wasn't there when all this happened.
(2) He was there and just couldn't remember where they left the rice can for the water to get to it.

I'm leaning towards Colby being the one who misses out, but I'm not willing to put a SURE bet on it yet. Need more info.

Thanks for the vid caps. Always appreciated!

Bug 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-01, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bug Click to send private message to Bug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: One thing keeps bugging me."
Or as the water started moving things in camp the rice can wasn't where it originally was and he focused on finding the most important thing - food.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-07-01, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I've got some caps ready..."
Actually if you take a good look
the person standing in the water appears to be wearing a cowboy hat.

this would most probably be Colby.

04-07-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Yup... I think its a Cowboy Hat..."
I did a little tweaking...

It's hard with Real Player vids...

Too much compression artifacting...

I still think its a cowboy hat though...

Good eye, Lightmage!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I've got some caps ready..."
I think that is Colby too. Bare-chested in a cowboy hat.

Annadad 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-01, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Annadad Click to send private message to Annadad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I've got some caps ready..."
The preview refers to the heroic efforts of "some survivors" and asks "who will they be". Both refernces are plural indicating that more than one person makes a heroic effort to save the camp/food/Tina's backgammon game, etc.

The trailer is building drama over issues unrelated to who gets ousted which leads me to believe that nothing surprising happens next week. That might mean Roger goes or whoever might seem to be the most obvious bootee this week. The excitement will be over natural disasters, not the game.

04-07-01, 02:43 PM (EST)
13. "I Think Amber Wins RC..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

Note that there are no pics of Amber in the sequence that show Amber in the rain or participating in the salvage of camp materials or during camp reconstruction.

Note the condition of Amber's hair when she is shown hugging Colby (Frame 21) it is shiny and has a wave to it... This girl has just come back from a salon! I'll bet a case of Vidal Sassoon on it!

I'd say Amber won an RC that had her go off to a spa or something and the calamity occured while she was away. The hug photo is when she returns to find out what the others have been through and when she starts crying, Colby hugs her.

Everyone else appears to be present during the flood.

IceCat

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-01, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I Think Amber Wins RC..."
Amber is outside with Liz in the one photo. It looks daylight and wet. I think Amber just has her hair back with a band like she did part of last show.

04-07-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
15. "Yes... you are right..."
Munson pointed that out to me in another thread. So I did another capture and enhancement of the frame with the dejected tribe members in a row...

It's pretty clear that Amber is the one at the end of the row wearing her maroon headband:

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-08-01, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Yes... you are right..."
Still doesn't mean she didn't win the RC and had just got back... the C/A hug shot is a daylight shot if I'm not mistaken.

From the brilliant work Icecat did in another thread we plainly see the Tina/Keith shot from the original preview... made to look like a night shot instead, and then a new shot of someone crossing the river in the same kind of format. Why would it be artificially darkened if it's someone we already knew is back from the RC (ie Rodger)... the only reason to obscure the image is if it's someone we don't think is there (ie Colby).

I think Icecat is dead on and it's a day shot made to look like a night shot and if so it's almost certainly Colby...

-ICB

md23rewls 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-01, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail md23rewls Click to send private message to md23rewls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: New CBS preview video"
I don't see the back of the cowboy hat, I think it looks like Rodger's baseball cap.

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-01, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: New CBS preview video"
It seem obvious to me.. that is Colby. Take the hat out of the picture and look at the body. That is a very trim, fit body. It's Colby's body. Look at the shirt.. in all the pics Colby is wearing a blue, short sleeved shirt. The person in the pic is wearing a blue, short sleeved shirt. Now look at the shorts... the way they fall over the body.. that is how Colby's shorts fit him. That's Colby folks! (I'm not happy about it.. I would rather Colby be the one not around to be a hero, thus making him a true target at TC.. but that's him)

Mary

Thinking 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-01, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thinking Click to send private message to Thinking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New CBS preview video"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-01 AT 10:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-08-01 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

>It seem obvious to me.. that
>is Colby. Take the hat
>out of the picture and
>look at the body. That
>is a very trim, fit
>body. It's Colby's body. Look
>at the shirt.. in all
>the pics Colby is wearing
>a blue, short sleeved shirt.
>The person in the pic
>is wearing a blue, short
>sleeved shirt. >.

Am I the only one who thinks it's Keith? Keith has a white hat with a long duckbill on it--like this hat. Keith is just as skinny as Colby these days. And it looks to me like his shirt with the sleeves rolled up (it's all bunchy on the back of the arm, which bare arms wouldn't be). It looks to me like the outfit he was wearing while chasing grasshoppers.

The first time I saw the vidclip, I recognized it as Keith, and nothing has yet convinced me it's someone else.

From the frame order, it looks like Tina is pointing out something about to float away (Frame 7) to Keith, who is standing beside and behind her, then Frame 8 is Keith going out to retrieve it.

I've gone on to speculate that Keith and Rodger bond during the flood (Rodger, being a farmer, is used to battling the elements to save his property). Perhaps if Lis wins immunity, he can't bring himself to vote Rodg off, and they pick Colby instead since he keeps winning RCs and ICs. After all, Keith is known for making emotion-based choices (booting Jerri, calling Tina his sister).

disneychriss 7 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-01, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail disneychriss Click to send private message to disneychriss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: New CBS preview video"
Keith does have a cap with a long bill, but if you look at frame 7 (where he is behind Tina) that isn't the hat he is wearing. I certainly understand that MB can edit things together in some very clever ways, but unless there is another big flood on a different day, I highly doubt that Keith took any time during *this* flood to change his hat.

Anyway, if you look at Keith's cap in frame 7 you will notice that the curve of the bill is lower at the temples and quite sharply higher in the center. In contrast, the hat on the player in frame 8 appears to be lower in the front center and higher on the sides... like a cowboy hat.

(Now tip-toeing back into my little corner...)
disneychriss

04-10-01, 08:50 PM (EST)
22. "Welcome aboard Chriss"
Thanks for your post and for posting on an existing thread...

Good eye on the head gear analysis!

Tip-toe out out of the corner any time

IceCat

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-10-01, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Could it be Jerri's hat?"
In Ep 10 at the beginning of the episode, just before they showed Amber moping about Jerri being voted off, there was a close up of Jerri's hat, which she obviously left behind.

Just a thought.

J.

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-10-01, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Could it be Jerri's hat?"
The hat that Jerri wore to TC, and was voted off? The "outback" looking hat? She had that ugly-looking green hat on when she got voted off, and had no more contact with the contestants. I doubt it was her hat that any of them are wearing.

Lizz Just Is

04-11-01, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thinking Click to send private message to Thinking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: New CBS preview video"
>Keith does have a cap with
>a long bill, but if
>you look at frame 7
>(where he is behind Tina)
>that isn't the hat he
>is wearing.>>

Well, I think each contestant was allowed only one hat, so it's probably Keith's long-bill hat in frame 7. However, after seeing a new vidcap pic of the scene in question, I think you're right, and it may be the person crossing the river is wearing a cowboy-type hat, and is bare-chested (and carrying a pair of shoes?)

Which doesn't mean Colby doesn't win the reward challenge--he could be helping clean up when he does return. Weird, though... Aren't most RC's earned one day, and taken the next? The most elaborate ones are, which occur toward the end of the show, and which involve going somewhere and doing some activity. But this time the winner stays and plays?

It makes sense there'd be a horse challenge, since they ARE on a ranch...

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-01, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: New CBS preview video"
>Am I the only one who
>thinks it's Keith?

Thinking,

It is most definitely Keith. This preview was played on CBS Monday night during Family Law and I have it on my TiVo. Watching it on digital freeze frame, it is unmistakably Keith in the water. It also appears to be one of the artificially darkened shots. The next shot is of Rodger holding the rope.

There's also a clear shot of Colby walking with someone else and his cowboy hat blows off. The person to his left also has a hat on, but it's just too hard to see who it is because Colby is in the way.

04-11-01, 05:33 PM (EST)
31. "RE: New CBS preview video"
>>Am I the only one who
>>thinks it's Keith?
>
>Thinking,
>
>It is most definitely Keith.
>This preview was played on
>CBS Monday night during Family
>Law and I have it
>on my TiVo. Watching
>it on digital freeze frame,
>it is unmistakably Keith in
>the water. It also
>appears to be one of
>the artificially darkened shots.
>The next shot is of
>Rodger holding the rope.

Thanks, Bungler. Now I'm more than a little confused! Back to my original thinking? Or seeing Colby in the other version of the shot?

Argh!

Now, is there any sign of Roger DURING the flood? I see Tina, Keith, Amber and Liz sitting together in the darkened shot, and Rodger only in the brighter shot and actual night shot.

Also, I don't think Rodger asking where the rice is means anything at all. If the camp had been disrupted by a flood, he may be asking if it had been in a safe place, or at risk of being washed downstream--then discover it had floated away. He may be asking where it had been put after being rescued, so he could start making dinner. Since the flood occurs while they're ALL away, it's a logical question for any of them to ask at almost any time.

Bottom line (mine): I still think Colby's the one away at the RC.

04-11-01, 05:03 AM (EST)
25. "The Grassy Knoll Figures..."
Shadowy figures on the hill...

Paratrooper posted these caps of the televised version of the new video preview:

http://www.survivorfever.net/VidCaps2.html

Since they were not capped from the RP video version of the preview shown on the CBS website, they are more clear.

An interesting pic is the following:

It shows two figures apparently engaged in conversation in some heavy weather. They are both wearing cowboy hats... does anyone know how many people have cowboy hats in the remaining tribe? Could MB be making a Hitchcock-like cameo?

I've done an enlargement and contrast enhance to highlight the figures:

The red figure appears to have it's back directly toward the camera and is in the foreground with respect to the green figure.

The green figure appears to facing the right side of the picture and would appear in profile if the red figure was not in the way.

Any guesses on who this might be? The two cowboy hats is interesting...

Could it be...
MB and Colby leaving to or returning from a reward trip?

Could it be...
MB and a crew member?

Could it be...
Jerri and Colby meeting for that sex vid?

Discuss amongst yahselves...

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "hats hats hats"
no mention of Tina's hat here. Doesn't she have one that could be mistaken for a cowboy hat, in low light?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-01, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "good call on Tina's hat"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-01 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

Yep HomeBrewer, I think it could be Tina's hat with Colby. She's got that bucket type one and the person wearing it has a yellow raincoat on like Tina often wears.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-01, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "CBS site photo count"
I don't know if we ever determined that it mattered at all or not, but these are the current photo counts in their bios:
Amber: 4
Tina: 8
Kieth: 10
Elisabeth: 11
Rodger: 11
Colby: 14

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •