The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lets seperate a few rumors from Facts.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-12-00, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lets seperate a few rumors from Facts.."
1) richard and 45k -- From the Providence Journal after richard was accused of child abuse and article stated richard used 45k of his winnings on legal fees. -- they don't get any money until Aug 23, his legal fee was 45K but his winnings could have been more or less than 45k, winner get 1 mill 2nd gets 100k 3rd get 75k 4th get 50k -- the 45k as a winning amount either pre-tax or after tax does not mathematically conicide with the earnings of each place. ( there is a whole thread on SS about earings per place with filled in amounts of each booted player)

2)Editing 101 -- rememeber what we see is what MB is spoon feeding us. Who is evil? who do we like? who should win? Our viewer opinions are not the same as those that were there 24/7. Most booted people said Gervase was not lazy, Richard was not Evil etc.

3) Immunity -- there are 2 immunity challenges in the final 4 episode. We have the final 4 their is an IC then a TC to get ot final 3. Then another IC and a TC to get to final 2. The final 2 is voted by the A JURY of 4 Pagong and 3 TA. TC 3 immunity holder has power to pick whom they want to go up against for a vote of the jury for the final 2. Immunity pays a HUGE role in who will make the final 2. All theories have to be based on a matrix of 4 people with one having immunity. Conclusions and the probabilties from TC going 4 to 3 to 2 with the two immunities make the mathematical equation fairly large. It would be be about the same as a Scratch of Lottery ticket to correctly pick the order booted from 4 people down to the 1 winner.

4)there are still two photo's that are not placed as of yet. SKA (with susan hand injury) and Rice serving late (susan hand injury no Sean present..clothes worn from "new goodie" bag recieved last week (E11).

5) Burnett Factor -- more than a dozen scences of what we see in each episode are out of context. We do not always see just the 3 days per episode. MB has put future talking to camera scences in earlier episodes. He uses juxtapostion to tell his story without making it clear to the viewer that these events are not on a REALITY TIMELINE.

6) where are Scully and Mulder when you need them

BA

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Earnings AyatollahKhomeini 08-12-00 1
   AK- thanks for the tax clarificatio... BadAs 08-12-00 3
   RE: Earnings jonathane 08-12-00 4
       Any other input?? all input appreci... BadAs 08-12-00 5
       RE: Earnings AyatollahKhomeini 08-13-00 6
 RE: Lets seperate a few rumors from... Devin 08-12-00 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-12-00, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Earnings"
But Jenna said Gervase made $35,000. That would indicate that Colleen made $40,000, the next loser makes $45,000, and 4th gets $50K. The ss.com estimates disregard Jenna's comment because they don't believe that the gap between Jenna and Gervase would be greater than the gap between Gervase and Colleen.

By the way, the murphy posts on ss.com finally got the tax issues right: game show winnings are gross income, with taxes withheld at 28% (even though Jenna would be in the 15% bracket without earnings from Playboy), plus Jenna would pay 15.3% FICA tax (these winning would be self-employment income) and California income taxes (probably 5-6%), which would bring her take-home amount down into the $13,500-$14,000 range from her announced winnings of $27,500 (close enough to the $13,000 figure in the Canadian paper).

If Richard finished third, he wouldn't owe the FICA tax unless his net income from his consulting work is less than $73K. I don't know about RI state taxes, but the final amount could be close to $45K. So either 3rd or 5th would work.

08-12-00, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "AK- thanks for the tax clarification"
good work

BA

jonathane 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-12-00, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonathane Click to send private message to jonathane Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Earnings"
I have a question about the tax (gross vs net) issue. I remember why back in college accounting talking about work done outside of the United States is tax free. I was just wondering if anyone that has a more solid tax bacground can confirm this for me and explain it better?

>But Jenna said Gervase made $35,000.
> That would indicate that
>Colleen made $40,000, the next
>loser makes $45,000, and 4th
>gets $50K. The ss.com
>estimates disregard Jenna's comment because
>they don't believe that the
>gap between Jenna and Gervase
>would be greater than the
>gap between Gervase and Colleen.
>
>
>By the way, the murphy posts
>on ss.com finally got the
>tax issues right: game show
>winnings are gross income, with
>taxes withheld at 28% (even
>though Jenna would be in
>the 15% bracket without earnings
>from Playboy), plus Jenna would
>pay 15.3% FICA tax (these
>winning would be self-employment income)
>and California income taxes (probably
>5-6%), which would bring her
>take-home amount down into the
>$13,500-$14,000 range from her announced
>winnings of $27,500 (close enough
>to the $13,000 figure in
>the Canadian paper).
>
>If Richard finished third, he wouldn't
>owe the FICA tax unless
>his net income from his
>consulting work is less than
>$73K. I don't know
>about RI state taxes, but
>the final amount could be
>close to $45K. So
>either 3rd or 5th would
>work.

08-12-00, 03:21 PM (EST)
5. "Any other input?? all input appreciated!!!"
Like most of you i assume, have been shut out of the SS. board, the train left the station before we boarded. I still go to SS daily for input, and use this board to express thoughts and ideas. Let's work together and see if what we can come up with.

the whistle is blowing...jump aboard!!

BA

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-13-00, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Earnings"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-00 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

US residents are taxed on their worldwide income. If the income has been taxed by another country, they can get tax credits for the foreign taxes. But there is no exemption for the income, even though it was earned while working in a foreign country, for a US resident.

Devin 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-12-00, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devin Click to send private message to Devin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lets seperate a few rumors from Facts.."
About the editing, let us just remember Big Brother. People whi watched the feeds 24/7 got a very different impression from those who just saw th tv show. We see about 45 min of every 72 hrs., this makes it very easy to "create" storylines and drama. He's clearly making characters through editing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •