The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Janelle is Shy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-06, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Janelle is Shy"
Oh sure she is what my daughter would call a "foo foo girl" , with all her products and grooming, but it is all a front.
She wants to be liked, and she sometimes seems awkward in making connections with people, especially other women.

She liked Nakomis, talked about how much she liked her, but I doubt that Nak ever knew that Janie wanted to be friends with her.

I know women like Janelle, they seem vain, but it's really insecurities that drive them to worry about how they look.
Because she is pretty, people don't realize she is shy, and take her shyness for standoffish.

She is confident about her abilities in competitions, but in relationships, she isn't as confident.
She wants to be liked.
That is one of the reasons she likes Will, why she listens to him, because he talks to her, he doesn't talk down to her.

Now I am sure that many of you will dissagree with my take, many will still think she is stuck-up and vain , but I ask that you look at her as shy, and see if it doesn't fit.

I'm not saying you have to like her, or her gameplay, but I think she is being judged very harshly.
Maybe take another look, and see her as a person.

Seriously, I think she is shy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Janelle is Shy JoshInSGV 08-05-06 1
 RE: Janelle is Shy AshLanie 08-05-06 2
   RE: Janelle is Shy JoshInSGV 08-05-06 3
       RE: Janelle is Shy brvnkrz 08-05-06 6
   RE: Janelle is Shy brvnkrz 08-05-06 5
       RE: Janelle is Shy LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-05-06 10
           RE: Janelle is Shy brvnkrz 08-06-06 11
 RE: Janelle is Shy brvnkrz 08-05-06 4
   RE: Janelle is Shy Lasann 08-05-06 8
       RE: Janelle is Shy brvnkrz 08-06-06 13
       RE: Janelle is Shy nailbone 08-07-06 15
           RE: Janelle is Shy Lasann 08-07-06 16
           RE: Janelle is Shy LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-07-06 17
               RE: Janelle is Shy JoshInSGV 08-07-06 18
                   RE: Janelle is Shy LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-07-06 19
                       RE: Janelle is Shy JoshInSGV 08-07-06 20
                           RE: Janelle is Shy LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-07-06 21
                               RE: Janelle is Shy nailbone 08-08-06 22
   RE: Janelle is Shy nailbone 08-07-06 14
 Proof Janelle and Nakomis had a Top... rockdog 08-05-06 7
 RE: Janelle is Shy Savahnna 08-05-06 9
   RE: Janelle is Shy brvnkrz 08-06-06 12
       RE: Janelle is Shy marius 08-12-06 23
           RE: Janelle is Shy ARnutz 08-12-06 24
               RE: Janelle is Shy arkiegrl 08-12-06 25
           RE: Janelle is Shy Savahnna 08-13-06 26
 RE: Janelle is Shy okaychatt 08-13-06 27
   RE: Janelle is Shy Buggy 08-13-06 28
       RE: Janelle is Shy JoshInSGV 08-14-06 29
 RE: Janelle is Shy Mr Black 08-15-06 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-06, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Buggy, I'm going to agree with your post. People do misinterpret shyness as being rude or stuck-up, even if you're a guy. I tend to get kinda quiet and reserved when I'm around a large group of people, specially if they are strangers. Often times, my shyness does get confused with arrogance. So, I can see how this may translate to someone like Janelle. I don't know if she's necessarily shy in the conventional meaning of the word or if she's insecure because she doesn't want to come across as a stereotype (even though she can play one for the cameras), but there's something about her that rubs people the wrong way, yet I don't think it's ill-intent on her part. It's unfair and sad to see her become the target of so much hatred that goes far beyond the strategy of the game. The fact that she can survive through all that negativity leads me to think that she's probably used to being vilified in the outside world. Ok... I'm gonna stop now before I continue over-analyzing this whole thing to a bloody pulp. =)

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-05-06, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Janelle shy?

Naw but insecure? yes

Any female in their twenties who feels the need to bleach their hair, have a boob job, etc and talks about other females the way she does is a sign of insecurity.

She is exactly like those so called IN crowd we all know about in high school.....she is a bully towards females and feels the only way to make herself feel good is to bad mouth others.

Think about it:

She on the feeds last season bad mouthed Diane saying she was ugly and why would Drew even giver her (Diane) the time of day. Now mind you she Jan hadn't even met Diane yet is trashing her on the live feeds.

She has bad mouth each female in the house this season feeling she is the queen and they are the peasants.

And the show plays into that because she is the bleached blonde busted female males love....so she is put in the light of being the nice one, the shy one, etc. for the viewers. Feeds tell a totally different story.

IF she was secure with herself, loved ehrself, etc she wouldn't feel the need to feel she is above all other females and to use her outside appearances to play the guys.

Then when she does make an incorrect decision she takes on the dumb blonde attitude never owning that she was indeed wrong.

And all of the above will be her downfall as it was last season. Once the guys were gone she had no game play with the females cause she had bad mouthed all of them also.

Most secure females see Jan as she really is: An insecure child who feels she can say and do anything and not be accountable....a Bully

08-05-06, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 08:07 AM (EST)

>Janelle shy?
>
>Naw but insecure? yes

>Any female in their twenties who
>feels the need to bleach
>their hair, have a boob
>job, etc and talks about
>other females the way she
>does is a sign of
>insecurity.

Could you please cite examples from the live feeds that support your statement? When exactly has Janelle trash talked Erika, Nakomis, Diane, Allison, or Danielle??

>
>She is exactly like those so
>called IN crowd we all
>know about in high school.....she
>is a bully towards females
>and feels the only way
>to make herself feel good
>is to bad mouth others.

Again, please cite examples of how Janelle has bullied anyone in the house, besides nominating or evicting someone (since this is part of the game).

>
>Think about it:
>
>She on the feeds last season
>bad mouthed Diane saying she
>was ugly and why would
>Drew even giver her (Diane)
>the time of day.
>Now mind you she Jan
>hadn't even met Diane yet
>is trashing her on the
>live feeds.

Janelle's comments about Diane weren't any nastier than what Diane herself has said about Janelle or the other women in her own season (BB5).

I also think it's funny that you accuse Janelle of trashing Diane without really knowing her. Aren't we all guilty of that when we come onto these boards? We all trash people that we don't really know and form opinions of people that we'll never get to meet.

>
>She has bad mouth each female
>in the house this season
>feeling she is the queen
>and they are the peasants.

Again, I've been reading the live feed summaries religiously since the season started. When exactly did this happen?

We can agree to disagree, but I really don't think that Janelle is the femme fatale that some people believe she is. In fact, I'm starting to believe that she's rather naive (seeing that she's falling in Will's web and not even realizing it). I believe she did very well last season because the lines had been drawn from the very beginning. Janelle didn't need to rely on strategy, manipulation or lying to get ahead. She only needed to win competitions and that's exactly what she did. On BB All-Stars, she seems to be floundering and torn about the true nature of the game: deception and manipulation. This became evident when Will was coaching her to lie and Janelle said "But, I don't play that way".

I guess the bottom line is that everyone has their likes and dislikes. I still think Janey rocks, in spite of her ill-fated choices.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I also think it's funny that you accuse Janelle of trashing Diane without really knowing her. Aren't we all guilty of that when we come onto these boards? We all trash people that we don't really know and form opinions of people that we'll never get to meet.

I couldn't agree more with this statement.

08-05-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Her behavior towards other women could be considered to be a conditioned response. She has probably on more than one ocassion been the victim of other women's jealousy and therefore feels the need to trash other women before she gets trashed. Sort of a way of trying to say that she doesn't really care about what other women think of her.
But I'm not sure that I think she has trashed the other women any more than they have trashed her. If I had to spend more than 3 minutes in a room with Diane, I would probably be trashing her at the 3minute 1 second mark.

A wonderful Tribe original

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-05-06, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Typically, when one is the constant "victim" of "jealousy", in order to, find the reason why. This "victim" only has to examine the common deniminator. HERSELF.

Sure Janelle may be shy but why trash talk Diane when she doesn't even know her. She gave Diane a reason to trash her. Janelle struck first.

And if she wants to show other women that they don't bother her then why not confront them on why they don't like her. Oh I forgot Diane didn't like poor Janelle because Janelle trashed her on the live feeds. So Janelle is fully aware of the reason for the hostility and instead of trying to squash it she kept it going.

That doesn't sound like some shy wallflower to me. That sounds like someone who is an aggressor not a "victim".

Also, has anyone considered the possibility that Janelle is actually jealous of other women. People who claim everybody is doing something to them are usually projecting their feelings onto others.

08-06-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
What I meant was that because she is a nice looking woman, she has been the victim in the past of other women being jealous of her and not giving her a chance just because of her looks. Women have a tendency to be very catty and pissy towards other women. I don't know this to be the case with Janelle, it was just a suggestion.
I still stand firm on trashing Diane. Diane is a whiney crybabay and I would be trash talking her too if I were in the house.
I'm sure that to some point, Janelle probably is jealous of other women.
I'm not claiming that Janelle is perfect, just saying that one possibility could be that she doesn't get much respect from other women because of how she looks. If she is in fact an insecure person, she may not have the proper skills to deal with the backlash that she gets from her looks and her only defense is to be on the defense with other women.

08-05-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I'm just going to follow Buggy around and say "ditto".

IRL, I get accused of having a chip on my shoulder because I am shy and I stand back until I can get to know people. So I can relate. And being blonde, I sometimes play on that "dumb blonde" thing. Those who know me, know that I am not dumb but as blondes we are sometimes given that pass to play dumb and so we do.
I normally do not find myself drawn towards blondes. Especially ones who look like Janelle. Becuase I find that a lot of times they are that stuck up ##### who knows she looks good. But I have never felt that way with Janie. I liked her in her original season and I continue to like her. Maybe not all of her decisions, but I definitely like her. She actually comes across as someone who I would like to hang out with.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-05-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I agree with you. My bestest told me 10 or so years ago that my shyness comes across to others as "not caring". Another girl I worked with said that I appear to "have it all together" and when she got to know me she found out what a mess I am. (Those that read my blog know this!).

I've liked Janie both seasons. The people who are bashing her must not have seen her real anquish when she nominated Diane. She did it for strategic reasons, not personal.

And Diane is so not likeable with her whinning about being poor.

It a Tribe original!!!

08-06-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
IMO, Diane is the second most annoying female BB contestant to date. Just behind Aliwhore.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
The people who are bashing her

Most of the people who are bashing her are doing so based on her looks and preconceived notions from that, and don't really care about strategic versus personal or anything else aside from her being an easy target.

Janie gets bashed for dumping on her alliance and being a hypocrite, but James does exactly the same thing and makes exactly the same kinda deals, and he's a trategic genius.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-07-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Good point. I guess women just are supposed to win.

It a Tribe original!!!

08-07-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
"James does exactly the same thing and makes exactly the same kinda deals, and he's a trategic genius."

I have never heard anybody call James a strategic genius. The problem most people have with Janelle is that she lied to her alliance to protect CT. She didn't lie to them to better her position in the game or because she was trying to get in a new alliance. It makes it seem as though she eliminated Diane for personal rather than strategic reasons. It also makes her seem like someone who is easily manipulated by Will.

Her reasons for getting rid of Diane were either out of personal reasons or because she was manipulated by Will. Her choices also made her team more of a target than CT. The excuse of not wanting to do the dirty work of the floaters is weak. One because the floaters hadn't won any HOH's so they couldn't have nominated anybody anyway and 2 because she had agreed with her alliance to put up CT.

When James nominated CG and used Will as a pawn plenty of posters bashed him for it. The only people who didn't were people who didn't like CG.

08-07-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I agree that Janelle was manipulated by ChillTown. But, the truth is it was her own alliance, particularly James who are indirectly responsible for Diane's backdooring. Janelle's initial plan was to backdoor Danielle, but she was persuaded not to do that by her own alliance. Evicting Danielle would have been a smarter choice. She wasn't going to evict CT after making a deal with them. She wasn't going to evict Marcellas because she considered him a friend. Chicken George would have been a wasted eviction when you have bigger fish to fry. And even though Erika was on the block, she wasn't the real target for Janelle. She didn't even want to nominate Diane because they had reached an understanding the previous night. She only reconsidered to put up Diane, when James convinced her to spare Danielle. She had no other option but to go after the lesser of two evils, namely Diane.

08-07-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I disagree. I remember during that episode Janelle made the comment that her target was Diane.

08-07-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-06 AT 08:40 PM (EST)

Her initial target was Diane. When Diane went up to talk to her in the HOH room, Janelle and Diane reached an understanding, sort of a truce. Based on what I read on the transcripts and hamsterwatch, Janelle was then setting her sights on Danielle. The Sovs were upset that she would go after Danielle, instead of ChillTown. It was then that Janelle went back to her original target: Diane. In retrospect, Janelle was on the right track by targeting Danielle, she was the biggest threat. None of this would be happening now had Janelle backdoored Danielle when she had the chance.

08-07-06, 09:15 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
We can always agree to disagree.

08-08-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Janelle is Shy"

And certainly don't let facts get in the way...

08-07-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I am shy
And being blonde, I sometimes play on that "dumb blonde" thing.

Must. Not. Comment.

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-05-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Proof Janelle and Nakomis had a Top secret alliance"

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I agree completely. And to the posted that suggested she was insecure.....same thing.

I personally remember hanging with a crowd of girls and one of them told me that I should be friendlier because there was always talk at the lunch table (in my absence) about what a "snob" I was. If they only knew....I was truly shy and apparently very insecure. Aren't we all to some degree??

I also agree with the suggestion that her defenses could be up because she's been a victim of jealousy.

I think in your 20's ppl really do like to be "liked".....
It's so liberating when you get to the point...that you like yourself enough and that's all that really matters.

08-06-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I'll be turning 40 this year and I wish I had the same outlook in my 20s that I have now. I wish I was half as secure then that I am now. At this point in my life, what other people think of me is none of my business. I wish I could have really felt that way when I was in my 20s.

marius 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-12-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marius Click to send private message to marius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Janelle is alot of things isnt she
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0721052bigbro1.html

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
That link is old news. It was posted somewhere around here last year.

Welcome.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
And it's been posted in 3 other threads today.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
>Janelle is alot of things isnt
>she
>http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0721052bigbro1.html

So she has a little trouble spending money. lol

I've seen this before myself....but it doesn't necessarily negate that she's shy.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-13-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Hi buggy.

I think Janelle is also vulnerable. Her feelings can get hurt easily. She puts on an act to cover that up.

I think she is loyal to her alliance and will do all she can to protect them.

I think she will be hurt when she discovers how James has betrayed her and the BB6 alliance.

Kaysar certainly was. Then he got mad. Let's hope Janelle follows the same pattern.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
Hi Chatt! It's been good to see you back on the boards.
I always enjoy reading your voice.

I agree about James. Everytime he says, " We'll see after the game who was loyal" I cringe.
I think she is easily hurt, I don't think she is as confident with people. I conpletely agree that she works hard to cover her insecurities.

I think Marcie has already hurt her. She did consider him a friend, she was genuine in her caring for him.
James she was worried about, Marcie she trusted.
That is really going to hurt her.

08-14-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
I agree with you. I think she's going to be mad at James, but I don't get the sense that she cares for him much outside of the house. On the other hand, I got the sense that she really cared for Marcellas and she's going to be really hurt by all the nasty things that he's said in the Diary Room. It's one thing to trash her with the Floaters to keep their relationship undercover. But, he should be able to be himself in the Diary Room and say "I love Janelle but I need to pretend I hate her with the floaters to avoid being a target". Instead, we get the same hatred and venom in the Diary Room. I've said this once and I'll say it again. With friends like Marcellas, who needs enemies.

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-15-06, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Janelle is Shy"
SHY MY &*%!!! JANELLE IS A PLAYBOY CENTERFOLD NUDE WANNABE, AND SHE SHOULD BE!!! PROBABLY WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN THE MANSION AND BE ONE OF HEF'S BEDMATES. SHE REALLY IS A CARICATURE OF HERSELF! ME DO THINK SHE MIGHT WIN THIS ONE!

GO JANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •