The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wallflower 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-26-01, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower Click to send private message to Wallflower Click to check IP address of the poster
"Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-01 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

Hello Everyone. I haven't seen this on the Blows board yet, and yes, I looked through the threads. The following is a post made to the EZ board on SS by someone called cbshascrappybenefits and also a partial post of his. You can look them up in their entirety if you like. That is if its still there by now. They have been doing a lot of deleting over there lately.

The person claims to have been working for CBS. Of course its prob bull but nonetheless fun to read. Make of it what you will. The order is nothing like Ryan's (my uncle was a cameraman) spoiler. Here's the posts, their words not mine...........

Author Comment
cbshascrappybenefits
(3/26/01 1:06:50 am)
Burnett can bite me, here's the skinny...
-------------------------------------------------------------------i recently quit working at a CBS contracted post-production studio. we did some work on the surv2 dailies as well as the rough cut. we didn't actually do mix, sync, or any work on the final cut. but regardless, i've seen all the footage. (btw, everyone involved in production, as well as all the cast members, get $35,000 bonuses plus 4% of your scheduled shoot pay if the winner stays a secret - why do you think no one ever lets it get out?) anyway, i could care less as no one will believe this post and it won't get any publicity and everyone will still cashout. i'm just sick of reading all the crap on this silly message things.

blah blah blah this will happen or that will happen blah blah blah. enough you lying kids, here:

nick
rodger
elisabeth
jerri
amber
keith
colby/tina
tina

and if you're too stupid to figure out what that means, maybe you don't deserve to know.

peace

OK OK OK i will give you some of the "specific" blah blah information you want. i can tell you this.. the final challenge thing (with C/T/K) is an endurance test. each of them has to lay inside what looks like a bamboo coffin. it's above ground but very small. the last person to stay in the coffin thing wins the final immunity. they cannot see the other 2 people while they are laying inside it. after 49 hours (yes forty nine) colby quits making tina the winner. keith had quit after about 35 hours or so. tina votes off keith and has the final vote with colby where she wins it all. what you people dont know (and you'll love it because it's hilarious) is how shocked jerri is when she gets voted off and how angry amber is with colby in the days afterward because he lied and led them on so much. as for why tina would vote keith off, you should know this by what they've already aired. colby and tina were an alliance from the very beginning. they made promises to each other. and for tina, it was a smart move to go up against colby anyway (aside from the promise) because jerri and amber were pissed at him for lying and would vote against him, along with most of the kuchas for how cocky he was when jeff was booted - which meant the end for the kuchas.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board IceCat 03-26-01 1
 49 hour immunity challenge shakes the clown 03-26-01 2
 RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board LIZZLOVER 03-26-01 3
   Here is why this MUST be true :) IceCat 03-26-01 4
       RE: Here is why this MUST be true :... dangerkitty 03-26-01 5
       To IceCat AyatollahKhomeini 03-26-01 6
       truth, we don' need no stinkin' tru... dabo 03-26-01 7
       RE: Here is why this MUST be true :... mavsfan 03-27-01 9
           Mavsfan shakes the clown 03-27-01 11
               RE: Mavsfan mavsfan 03-27-01 13
               RE: Mavsfan dabo 03-27-01 14
               Re: Logical Prowess IceCat 03-27-01 16
                   RE:legend of the seafaring kangaroo... mavsfan 03-28-01 43
                       Mavsfan....you are joking, right???... shakes the clown 03-28-01 44
                           Fish on! Heh heh... IceCat 03-28-01 46
                               RE: Fish on! Heh heh... Lisapooh 03-28-01 49
                               RE: Fish on! Heh heh... mavsfan 03-28-01 51
                                   Yer a good sport Mavsfan! IceCat 03-28-01 52
                           RE: Mavsfan....you are joking, righ... ItzLisa 03-28-01 50
       RE: Here is why this MUST be true :... DivaByTheSea 03-27-01 21
 RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board dabo 03-26-01 8
 Winner is not known by crew Play2Survive 03-27-01 10
   RE: Winner is not known by crew Superman 03-27-01 12
       RE: Winner is not known by crew IceCat 03-27-01 17
       RE: Winner is not known by crew SurvivinDawg 03-27-01 18
       RE: Winner is not known by crew Play2Survive 03-27-01 20
       RE: Winner is not known by crew volmel 03-27-01 23
           RE: Winner is not known by crew Play2Survive 03-27-01 24
 Laughable........not worthy Zebra Mussel 03-27-01 15
 Here's some logic to destroy this o... SurvivinDawg 03-27-01 19
 RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board ItzLisa 03-27-01 22
   RE: Attention Seeking Bobos IceCat 03-27-01 25
   RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board meisje1 03-27-01 26
       RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board IceCat 03-27-01 27
       Another one-post wonder AyatollahKhomeini 03-27-01 28
           RE: Another one-post wonder meisje1 03-27-01 29
               RE: Another one-post wonder IceCat 03-27-01 30
               See D.ick Run dangerkitty 03-27-01 31
                   hmm... VOYEUR 03-27-01 32
                       RE: hmm... Slacker 03-27-01 34
               To meisje1 AyatollahKhomeini 03-27-01 33
               RE: Another one-post wonder ItzLisa 03-28-01 48
           RE: Another one-post wonder LIZZLOVER 03-27-01 35
           RE: Another one-post wonder ItzLisa 03-28-01 47
           RE: Another one-post wonder, BEST F... skierdude10 03-30-01 59
       RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board ItzLisa 03-28-01 45
 what are the odds???? shakes the clown 03-27-01 36
   RE: what are the odds???? Slacker 03-27-01 37
       RE: what are the odds???? LIZZLOVER 03-27-01 38
           Thanks Lizzlover Slacker 03-27-01 39
               You're welcome... LIZZLOVER 03-28-01 41
       wait a minute, slacker flying squirrel 03-28-01 40
           RE: wait a minute, slacker LIZZLOVER 03-28-01 42
 Just thought..... shakes the clown 03-30-01 53
   RE: Just thought..... tribephyl 03-30-01 55
   Curse Those Sea Faring Kangaroos! IceCat 03-30-01 56
       RE: just thought i'd keep this on p... mavsfan 03-31-01 60
 RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board SkyRaider 03-30-01 54
 Liar! kreon 03-30-01 57
   RE: Liar! IM_Nessie 03-30-01 58

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-01, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
Sorry... there is a GLARING error in this attempted fake:

Tina vs. Keith vs. Colby going into the final three and Tina picks Colby to go against in the final vote? Because he was cocky when Jeff was booted? Sorry... I certainly did not see Colby being cocky.

It's interesting how the list simply goes through the balance of the Kuchas in reverse order of typical audience appeal and then switches to the Ogakor list and does the same thing.

Now if you had matched my list:

Nick
Rodger
Jerri
Liz
Amber
Colby
Keith
Tina

AND had SOME sort of believable evidence... I might just believe you.

For now... thanks for your post.

IceCat

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-26-01, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "49 hour immunity challenge"

>after 49 hours (yes forty
>nine) colby quits making tina
>the winner. keith had quit
>after about 35 hours or
>so.

.....wouldn't this kind of screw up the pre-set production schedule of 42 days...in other words...........

NEXT

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-26-01, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
I went to ss.com to read the post and there are A LOT of people flaming the guy. One person brought up the point about the bamboo coffins. Bamboo is not found in the Outback, so why would they want to go away from the theme of the Outback? Also, there was some confusion on the film editing machinery he claimed he used.

He also couldn't give any proof, by offering an incident that will happen in the next several episodes, yet knows the exact order in which they are booted. It had better be wrong!! It will suck if Lizz is gone in three weeks!!

Lizz Just Is

03-26-01, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Here is why this MUST be true :)"
Well... yah see... this whole challenge is based on the legend of the Sea Faring Kangaroos...

Deep in the past that the aboriginal peoples call the 'Dream Time', a race of sea faring kangaroos existed. They could swim for hundreds of miles out to sea and return to tell the tale to their 'boomer bretheren'.

One of the greatest of the sea faring kangaroos set out one day to travel as far out on the ocean as she possible could and began to swim north of the island continent towards the steamy jungles of Indonesia. Having explored this new and intriguing land, she set off to return to her 'kangaroo kin' with a bundle of this remarkable giant grass which the Indonesian people called 'bamboo'. She tucked the bamboo into a slit she had cut into her fur.

Alas the prevailing currents and tides on the return trip were not as favourable for our intrepid explorer and the poor soul died of exhaustion within sight of her beloved 'down under' home.

The other kangaroos found the battered body of their comrade and her cargo of remarkable giant grass washed up on what would, some day, become the Queensland coast. Assuming that this giant grass must be magical, they created a sarcophagus out of the bamboo and tenderly laid the cold body of their friend into it, in the hopes that it's magic would save their friend.

The kangaroos kept vigil over the bamboo coffin and waited for a miracle that would never come. Their sorrow grew with each passing day and their desire to swim upon the southern oceans waned until their great sea faring spirit was finally broken.

To this very day... kangaroos no longer swim the oceans of the world and the females of the species still possess the slit that held the bamboo.

It is truly touching that MB has decided to build an entire immunity challenge around this touching story of the outback.

Or maybe the IceCat has being smokin a bit too much of the 'giant grass'...

You decide...

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-26-01, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Here is why this MUST be true :)"
kucha korn strikes again!!! lol icecat. i love the way you thinks, fellow kitty!

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-26-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "To IceCat"
LMAO!!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-01, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "truth, we don' need no stinkin' truth!"
bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Thanks, ice, I needed that.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-27-01, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Here is why this MUST be true :)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

I don't know if bamboo is native to the "Outback", but it is native to Australia. Refrence www.bamboo-oz.com.au/

regarding a 49hrs. immunity challenge running over the production schedule... maybe I'm missing something but they are in the outback for 42 days. After 39 days there should be 3 people and 72hrs left. It may be tight, but it looks to me like they have time to fit in a 49hr immunity challenge.

Regarding "no evidence" Colby's disliked by kucha... After he jumped off the post into the water he stated "my strategy was to make the kucha guys mad, to convince them I'm the man to vote for. If I can draw some attention away from Kieth and Jerri who both have several votes for 'em... we really need for one of those guys to win immunity and the other one to be camouflaged."
We weren't shown what, if anything, Colby did to piss off the Kucha, but by his own statements we know that's what he was trying to do.

I'm not saying I believe this post, frankly I don't think there is enough info here to know if it's true or not, and that's probably reason enough to disregard it. But the reasons listed by shakes, ice cat and lizzlover strike me as being beneath their logical prowess.

03-27-01, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Mavsfan"
>
>I'm not saying I believe this
>post, frankly I don't think
>there is enough info here
>to know if it's true
>or not, and that's probably
>reason enough to disregard it.
> But the reasons listed
>by shakes, ice cat and
>lizzlover strike me as being
>beneath there
>logic prowess.

....one inevitable offshoot of the "HUGE SPOILER" thread is the "one post wonder" who ALWAYS shows up to defend it after it has been ripped apart.....the timing is kind of fishy, don't cha think???

03-27-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Mavsfan"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 02:06 AM (EST)

I would agree the "HUGE SPOILER" has been ripped, but the point of my post still stands... the logic used to rip it failed to rip it apart. I was hoping my post would encourage greater intellectual rigor when knocking down a flawed "HUGE SPOILER" post. I've been reading these posts for a few weeks and had come to enjoy the high intellectual standards empolyeed by most members of this group. Again, I just thought the points made against the "HUGE SPOILER" were pretty weak. It wasn't intended as a personal attack.

So, the fact remains, I gave atleast 3 specific reasons why I thought the rips against the "HUGE SPOILER" were flawed, and those points still stand. In fact I think Icecats "myth" lends some credibility to the "HUGE SPOILER" post.

Regarding the A) "one post wonder"
and B) "timing kind of fishy"

A) I hadn't felt the need before now to post a message, because I was pretty well satisfied with what I had seen so far.
B) I couldn't really comment on what I thought was flawed logic until the flawed logic had been posted.

03-27-01, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mavsfan"
very informative, thank you

03-27-01, 07:06 AM (EST)
16. "Re: Logical Prowess"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 07:10 AM (EST)

Actually...

Due to the limited nature of the material provided by the poster, opportunities for a logical analysis are meager. My assertions that Colby has not displayed any offensive behaviour and that the Kuchas have not displayed any dislike was based upon the entire lack of of any evidence displayed on the show that the Kuchas interpreted any of Colby's actions as 'cocky'.

Check the tapes... nobody... NOBODY... refers to Colby as cocky and there is not even circumstantial evidence that even hints that such feelings exist. The lack of evidence to back up his/her meager claims makes this post not much more than the typical 'I think Liz is gonna win cuz everybody likes her' kind of post. If you think that is too harsh... read the post again: the poster asserts that Tina picks Colby to face in the final vote because she thinks that the Kuchas think he was cocky. The poster would have better evidence if they had said that Kuchas couldn't stand Colby's snoring

A statement of intent (which Colby made to camera while everyone else was out of ear-shot on the pole-standing challenge) to 'make the Kuchas mad' is hardly proof. You have made an anecdotal reference to an event that might possibly be interpreted as having a causal link to an unobserved entirely hypothetical phenomenon. That is the key point, here... the phenomenon described was not observed in any of the episodes. I shall leave it to you to decide who stands upon the less stable logical terrain.

Hypotheses have to arise out of and be supported by observation. No direct evidence to support the poster's contention has been observed. The easiest case to defend is one where the prosecution presents no evidence. All the defence needs to do is say three words: 'the defence rests'. I rested by writing a little satire

I put waaaaaaaay more time into the 'Legend of the Seafaring Kangaroos' because this place is not just about logic and analysis. It's about having a laugh every once in a while. I hope that you are not suggesting that we only pound our keyboards in order to engage in speculation and debunking, that would result in a board that we would be so dry and boring as to be barren.

There...

Prowess demonstrated...

Flames launched...

IceCat out...

03-28-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
43. "RE:legend of the seafaring kangaroos"
I may very well owe you an apology, I didn't intend my criticism of your argument against the "Great Spoiler" to be personal. As I read my prior post I think I was a bit harsh and I will try to tone it down in the future... chalk it up to being a little over eager in my first post.

Now, I really enjoyed your story "The Legend of the Seafaring Kangaroos" and have been trying to find it on the net, most of this evening... without luck. So, Is "The Legend of the Seafaring Kangaroos" a truly Australian story, or do you know?
My reason for asking is that considering MB's love for recycling challenges from the first series, it strikes me that we haven't seen a challenge based on local folklore this season like we did with the Blair Witch ripoff last year. It seems to me a challenge of some sort based on local folklore will almost be a gimmie on ALL survivor shows. The point being, if you confirm "The Legend of the Seafaring Kangaroos" is Australian, the original post, while threadbare in details, goes up a notch in my book. It certainly won't come anywhere near PROVING the posted "SPOILER" is legit, but It would prove to my satisfaction that the original author of the post atleast knew the story of "The Legend of the Seafaring Kangaroos".

03-28-01, 01:06 AM (EST)
44. "Mavsfan....you are joking, right????"
NOBODY could be that stupid...please tell me I'm right about that.

03-28-01, 07:16 AM (EST)
46. "Fish on! Heh heh..."
Well...

There are two possible scenarios at work here:

1) Mavsfan is laying a little flame bait by pretending to not realize that 'The legend of the Seafaring Kangaroos' is a piece of IceCat original fiction composed for this board alone on the night it was posted and ever only posted once;

2) Mavsfan simply has not been paying attention and truly did not realize that he could search the entire web for a million years and not find 'The Legend of the Seafaring Kangaroos' beacause it did not exist until I wrote it a few days ago.

I shall assume the latter...

I shall now be very clear...

'The Legend of the Sea Faring Kangaroos' is not an Australian Aboriginal legend.

'The Legend of the Sea Faring Kangaroos' is an entirely original, fictitious work created by me (IceCat) and was posted only once, by me, on this board for the sole purpose of entertainment.

'The Legend of the Sea Faring Kangaroos' may cause blurry vision, dry skin, premature hair loss, facial warts, erectile dysfunction in males, (oops wrong disclaimer)

I hope this clarifies the matter for you, Mavsfan and thank you for the compliment about the story. It was appreciated.

IceCat

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-01, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Fish on! Heh heh..."

Please don't taunt the Sea-Faring Kangaroos ... or Happy Fun Ball.

IceCat - you kill me. And thanks for the Pepsi post on Colby's song. Quite a visual. I can't hold a candle to you and Shakes though.

03-28-01, 08:25 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Fish on! Heh heh..."
Thanks for the clarification of the origins of "The Legend of the Sea Faring Kangaroos". I guess I wasn't paying attention and missed any clues that it was just an entertaining tale spun for my fun, and at my expense as it turns out.

"The Legend of the Sea Faring Kangaroos" sounds like as plausible a piece a folk tale to me as:

1)Paul Bunyan and Babe his blue ox
2)Jonah getting swallowed by a whale
3)Goldilocks and the three bears
4)Any of Aesop's Fables

If you don't write childrens books, you may have missed your calling in life.

P.S. If yall are trying to flame me turn up the heat. I don't think of it as flaming if we are arguing points of logic or the merits of a post ie. Did Colby try to piss off the Kucha or not.
In my book flaming is when ya criticize my haircut.

03-28-01, 08:47 PM (EST)
52. "Yer a good sport Mavsfan!"
The tale was not spun for you in particular but for everyone. It was not my intention to trap anyone with it. You have taken the jokes well and I genuinely appreciate your comments on the story.

You have certainly had one of the more eventful entrances to the board and a bit of a trial by fire

Welcome aboard and have fun!

BTW...

Who cuts yer hair?

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-01, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Mavsfan....you are joking, right????"
>NOBODY could be that stupid...please tell me I'm right about that.

*** Looks like our Fearless Clown has his work cut out for him!!!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-27-01, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Here is why this MUST be true :)"
I want some of what you're smokin'!
HAHAHAHA
ROTFLMAO

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

03-26-01, 11:56 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
i can buy the endurance thing, give probst a lot of chances to cull his airtime.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Winner is not known by crew"
Sorry, this is a really bad hoax. I'm sure if I needed to I could investigate to find other holes, but the big one for me is that I know unequivically that the winner is not known by the Survivor crew. I posted this awhile back when I found out from a personal source that the lockbox is true and that the producer of the final episode is not even aware of the winner. Enough said.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Winner is not known by crew"
OK,
This whole "lockbox" thing is getting on my nerves. Here's why:

1. There is a cameraman filming the voting! The jury holds up the vote and tells why they voted the way they did.
2. They can't prevent the castaways from talking to each other, Jerri and Alicia - shopping together, Liz and Rodger - emailing each other, they know, you know, they know.

I agree with you that the "spoiler" is B.S. but not because of the lockbox.

03-27-01, 07:41 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Winner is not known by crew"
Actually it is quite common for human camera operators to not be present. Most news interviews are conducted in small office-sized studios with a camera operated remotely from the control room. Remote operation is not even a requirement - once a camera is locked down and focused there is little else to do... especially if the talent is always going to be standing on the same mark (ie: at the voting podium).

In this case, the cameras could have been locked down for the head-and-shoulders shot and for the over-the-shoulder shot; the two shots used to depict the voting. Once tape is rolling, they could have the camera operators walk away from the cameras and retrieve the tape only after voting was complete. I think such an approach would be entirely appropriate and entirely effective from a security point of view.

These tapes would probably be kept under lock and key... not necessarily in a 'lockbox' (said the same way Dr. Evil says 'laser')

It is entirely plausible that MB is the only one who knows the results of the vote. Anyone else would have had to indivually canvass the entire jury to obtain their votes and would have had to receive a truthful answer... a somewhat less plausible scenario.

IceCat

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Winner is not known by crew"
I hate to disagree with you here, Superman, but you didn't disprove the lockbox theory.

1. The camera filming the people voting could be unmanned.
2. Speaking of camera: they might have decided NOT to film the final vote from the front of the Jury (in contrast to all the other votes, but this one is "special" anyway). Why would they? The Jury will make most of their statement during the deliberations; it would be superfluous to have them vote and give their little speeches at the ballot box.
3. The Lockbox threads I have read suggest that MB and the Final Two know for sure who won, and that the Jury either knows or can easily figure it out. I'd suspect that all 16 contestants know or have an excellent idea who won.

I agree that the spoiler is totally bogus, btw.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-27-01, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Winner is not known by crew"
Supe - I am suspicious of any thread that starts: "I have a source....," unless of course it is me with the source. This is the one and only thing I know conclusively from a source, and believe me I wish it was a bit meatier.

As mentioned, it is not necessary, especially conisidering the simplicity of the shots, to film with a cameraman. MB has taken extreme security measures in S2 (consider Mitchell transcript) and would be very buttoned up about making sure crew was not aware. If the producer is unaware, the rest of the crew would be as well.

Sure the jury could compare notes, but think about this. If the vote is close, it would take only ONE person holding out to leave complete uncertainty over the winner. In S1, Greg's vote could not have been easily predicted, and I would bet he would not have told anyone either. MB will obviously ask them not to share their votes, and the fear of his wrath might just keep several of them tight lipped about their votes. Oh.....and now that I am 99% convinced Jerri will not be in the Final 2, I suspect the vote could be a close one. So no grossly intuitive situation at the end.

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-27-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Winner is not known by crew"
I am so confused. How would the whole cast that is voting NOT know the outcome? On the first one, they announced the winner in front of everyone and they all stood up and hugged and congratulated Rich. Wouldn't something like that happen in this one?

BTW, Tina lives close to me (glad to see someone on the program that sounds like me, hahaha) and she's appearing more in the paper under the "Society" section - being invited to functions, as she lasts longer on the show.

Go Tina. We Tennessee women are tough!

03-27-01, 04:16 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Winner is not known by crew"
To clarify: It has been reported, and substantiated, that S2 will be a little different that S1 in the way the winner is announced. The final TC will happen just as it did in S1 - however, the votes will NOT be tallied by Jeff P and filmed at that TC. Instead, the votes were taken away and put in a "lockbox" of some sort. During the live portion of the final episode, the lockbox will be opened and the votes announced. This is an attempt by MB to keep knowledge of the winner to a minimal number of people to assure the absense of any sort of leak.

Hope this helps - and I think there are a lot of non-Tennesseans who are pulling for Tina as well. Welcome to the boards.

Zebra Mussel 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-27-01, 04:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zebra%20Mussel Click to send private message to Zebra%20Mussel Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Laughable........not worthy"
This is one of the sillier ones. RyanBBB's post sounds more legit.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Here's some logic to destroy this one..."
Notice in this spoiler post how the poster drifts from telling what happened to SPECULATION (stated as if its fact) in his/her last paragraph. Also note that anyone who truly had this knowledge would be able to tell other details, like what went on during the 49 hours, how Probst would try to entice them out of their coffins. Furthermore to this point, we'd expect anyone with any real knowledge to be able to tell at least SOMETHING from prior episodes that happened, giving us "benchmarks" along the way.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-27-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

You know, generally I don't post very much at the Spoilers board because I'm bad at it - I don't understand all the intricate theories, scenarios, etc. So, I keep my mouth shut over here, and generally put my two cents in if it's something I understand. THIS I understand. THIS is a load of crap.

And on an emotional level (sorry Shakes!), let's just say I have seen this kind of poster come to the spoiler's board too many times to count, and it's always the same - they post a supposed big spoiler, and then proceed to abuse the rest of us on the off chance we don't believe them (and I quote, "and if you're too stupid to figure out what that means, maybe you don't deserve to know." - Oooooohhh!!!!! cbshascrappybenefits is gonna be mad at us if we don't believe him!!!) God knows I'VE never posted anything earth-shattering on this board yet, but it always amazes me that we're supposed to trust someone who can barely construct a single sentence to figure out who wins the million! Shakes, my apologies, I know you hate these "I have a feeling" posts - but this attention seeking BOBO shows up with some post about who REALLY wins, abuses the posters before we can even say we do or don't believe him, and yet can barely muster the alphabet - pardon my barely concealed laughter!

*edited in order to capitalize "BOBO"!*

03-27-01, 05:41 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Attention Seeking Bobos"
Well said, Lisa.

IceCat

meisje1 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-27-01, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail meisje1 Click to send private message to meisje1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
itzlisa

>and I quote, "and if you're too stupid
>to figure out what that means, maybe you don't deserve to know.

What he ment was the order the list was in, not the whole spoiler, obviously you are too stupid. The spoiler board is all in good fun, everyone just want their 15 minutes. So what if it's wrong or a fake, it's still interesting to read. It is only fun to you isn't it? or is it real, maybe you should see someone about that.

03-27-01, 07:43 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
> The spoiler board is all in good fun, everyone just want their
> 15 minutes. So what if it's wrong or a fake, it's still
> interesting to read.

I'm thinkin'... just maybe... goin' out on a limb here... I might be wrong... it's only a theory... but...

YOU ARE MISSING THE WHOLE FRIKKIN' POINT OF THE BOARD!

Whew... just 'had' to let that out...

Maybe an artfully crafted fake might be 'interesting to read' but this woeful attempt was barely worth the discussion. It served only as an inspiration for a little IceProse and nothing more.

Oh... nice touch using your first post on this board and your '15 minutes' to call someone stupid... very classy.

Oh... BTW... Thank you for your post and welcome to the board... Don't let the door smack yer butt on the way out and have just a super day

03-27-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Another one-post wonder"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

Normally, I have been the calm person on this board. But my patience is wearing thin.

shakes has already identified the phenomenon of the one-post wonder, who shows up to defend an obvious hoax (and may in fact be the original hoaxster), earlier in this thread. Here is another one-post wonder. Such posts do not deserve a response ... except maybe ... Tamia, is that you again?

I saw flying squirrel have to go through this kind of crap last week on another "spoiler." We should not even need to explain that this is an obvious hoax, obvious to ItzLisa, obvious to shakes the clown, obvious to IceCat, and obvious to everyone who thinks about it. I don't have a problem with Wallflower having transferred the original post over here, because it's funny to see the new hoaxes, but I do have a problem with meisje1's response.

meisje1, you have received your 15 minutes of fame. Now please go away and leave us alone. Go haunt the slEaZyboard or some other place where attention whores such as yourself perform self-aggrandizing acts of death-defying stupidity. There will be a lot more people in such a place to fawn over your attack on an intelligent poster, ItzLisa, who doesn't want to have to put up with people treating chicken sh!t as chicken salad any more. Bye.

Saving the world before bedtime

meisje1 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail meisje1 Click to send private message to meisje1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Another one-post wonder"
well i'm sorry your too stupid to ignore peoples posts, are you one of those overweight housewifes that Kendall from alt.tv.survivor always speaks of? getting angry yet, comon is your blood boiling? Lighten uploser, it's a free board and because of you I'm staying;)

03-27-01, 08:50 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Another one-post wonder"
Yawn... Stretch...

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-27-01, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "See D.ick Run"
Spelling! Grammar! Capitalization! Spacing!

Try passing second grade before you start criticizing others, young man.

VOYEUR 165 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VOYEUR Click to send private message to VOYEUR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "hmm..."

Funny, on the subject of stupidity, my man is unable use the basics of grammar that most of learned VERY early on...

Ironic?

Slacker 5 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Slacker Click to send private message to Slacker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: hmm..."
I am just curious if any of you actually read the original post by that bitter 'CBS' guy? While his initial 'spoiler' list obviously invited flames and mockery, his follow up gave the whole thing some validity. I wouldn't base your opinions simply on the cut and paste that initiated this thread. His second post on the EZ board was actually much more involved and gave the spoiler a hint of credibility. While I have no doubt that this spoiler is a hoax, it has some element of substance. Not much, granted, but it is not the lamest spoiler ever.

03-27-01, 09:15 PM (EST)
33. "To meisje1"
I only ignore posts from imbeciles. Did you post something? I must have missed it.

03-28-01, 09:23 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Another one-post wonder"
..... did one of you guys fart? I DEFINITELY smelled something....

03-27-01, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Another one-post wonder"
AK, I apologize to you and the rest of the regulars on here for last week. I started a war that never should have been last week. Flying Squirrel and I have since made up. I had a momentary lapse of reason (or drunkedness...I can't recall) I dig this board, and the common sense approach you guys take when it comes to it. I just want to let you know that I appreciate your input and insight.

Lizz Just Is

03-28-01, 09:22 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Another one-post wonder"
Aya and Icecat, thanks for standing up for me! What this poster obviously doesn't understand is that this is NOT the EZ boards over at that "other" site - we do things differently here. We don't need to come on the boards acting abusive to people in order to belong. If you dish it out first, we WILL dish it out back, make no mistake, but we don't go around blasting other posters in our first post. It's called being civilized - if you've ever seen this new thing called a dictionary, you can look it up. You can also look up "jerk", but in case THAT'S not in there - it'll be in the mirror!

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Another one-post wonder, BEST FLAME IVE EVER READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
lol, GO AYATOLLAH!

03-28-01, 06:38 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"

>What he ment was the order the list was in, not the whole spoiler, obviously you are too stupid.
*** Hmmmm...."meant" is spelled with an "a" - obviously WHO'S too stupid??? (see my post above about neanderthals who never passed Kindergarten)

>everyone just want their 15 minutes.
*** Ladies and Gentlemen, the pot has just called the kettle black!!!

Shakes, I may not be a ball of fire on the spoilers, but if you ever need an apprentice for these boneheads showing up for their one post, I'm more than happy to b.itch them out for you!

03-27-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
36. "what are the odds????"
This thread has seen no less than THREE "1 post wonders" break their cherry defending this load of crap.

Why would 3 supposed longtime lurkers suddenly choose this load of crap as their reason for breaking their silence??? Are you telling me that this "HUGE SPOILER" is that much more amazing or inspiring than anything else that has been posted on the board this season? We have had arguments that have stretched on for weeks about the validity of spoilers and theories and yet, THIS is the one that these 3 choose to finaly get off their ass and write about????

It's total boolshit, and I think we can pass a simple unwritten rule when it comes to spoilers....that being that anytime a "one post wonder" shows up to defend a "HUGE SPOILER" that everyone else is debunking, we can almost be 100% sure that the "one post wonder" had something to do with the creation of said "HUGE SPOILER"

In fact, I'm just about ready to permanently dismiss any "HUGE SPOILER" from now on solely on the basis that a "one post wonder" shows up to defend it...that in itself is a big clue that it's fake.

03-27-01, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Slacker Click to send private message to Slacker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: what are the odds????"

Well, OK then, as long as you keep an open mind.

Yeah, the royalties and the incredible Survivor Board Spoiler fame I will achieve by giving this 'spoiler' legs has compelled me to leap out of the shadows to defend this nonsense.

Anyway, thanks for the warm embrace, and good luck in all your spoiling.

03-27-01, 11:19 PM (EST)
38. "RE: what are the odds????"
Take a deep breath Slacker. It's nothing personal. I went through a similar situation recently, but I brought it on myself.

I read the response of "CBS" myself and made somewhat more sense than the original post (the explanations). I had a problem with the fact that "CBS" couldn't give any EVIDENCE of anything that may happen in the next several episodes to give it credibility. You are obviously new here, like myself. I too, felt the same way at one time, but if you stick around long enough, this board is quite enjoyable.

At least your response wasn't as hateful as some of the other "1 post wonders"

Lizz Just Is

03-27-01, 11:50 PM (EST)
39. "Thanks Lizzlover"
That was very nice of you. I appreciate your words of encouragement. No worries, though, I have alot of experience on Survivor boards (and I am NOT talking about the EZ board),
and I don't take anything too personal.

You are right, of course, that "spoiler" is virtually useless since the list is fairly predictable and the final challenge is insane. Since there was no tangible information given regarding the next few shows it is almost impossible to give this one serious consideration.

I guess I just thought a few people might be interested to know that there was alot more to the spoiler than was pasted here.
The guy certainly tried hard to back up his story.
Take it easy.

03-28-01, 00:22 AM (EST)
41. "You're welcome..."
It's just a TV show; not the fake moon landing (and it had better not follow last years' path). I am hoping for a dramatic swing, as compared to S1, as I'm sure alot of people are. I just want the "good guys to win this time!! (to requote Tina)

I would dig a Lizz, Rodger, Keith, Tina (although she has proven to be a backstabber, I believe she's good) final four!! Yes, I might be naive, but I think it would make things better for S3 if it works out this way. Wishful thinking, huh?!

Lizz Just Is

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-01, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "wait a minute, slacker"
slacker, we have expected a barrage of hoaxes to arrive. Since I caused part of the problem with LIZZLOVER last week by not explaining calmly how these fakes work, I'll try to do better this time.

There are two types of hoaxes. A crude one is something like this: I KNOW THE WINNER!!!!! or, say, AMBER WINS!!!!!! People who create these generally know very little about the show, and their posts are easy to debunk.

The second kind of hoax comes from a more sophisticated poster who actually knows something about the show and generally knows much of the "theory" on the boards. This person's real goal is to get the hoax believed, and so he or she generally sticks around for a while and does follow-up posts that try to plug the holes in the original post. The story gets better as time goes on, although there are always some weaknesses, but it includes a lot of generally-accepted data.

The third kind of insider-knowledge spoiler post is NOT a hoax. One thing that is generally true is that it doesn't lay claim to too much knowledge; it has a reasonable source of knowledge (which will be explained in the initial post); and it comes from someone who has been an active poster (or even a slightly active poster) for a while.

Sorry, slacker, but this is an example of the second type of hoax. The fact that the follow-up gave more information doesn't help. Without going into much detail, I'll give you one reason: from day 1 of Survivor 1, Mark Burnett has used "life" metaphors for Survivor. You know the drill: fire represents life, etc. The last challenge in Survivor 1 included fire-walking and a huge immunity idol as a symbol of life. Why would MB suddenly choose to use a "death" metaphor for the last challenge of Survivor 2?

We hope you stick around, slacker. In time you will read these stories and be able to see that they are obviously, no-explanation-needed, fakes. It only seems hard at the beginning.

03-28-01, 00:34 AM (EST)
42. "RE: wait a minute, slacker"
VERY WELL PUT FS!! Thanks for the explanation! Sorry to seem so dumb the first time. I got caught up in this S2 whirlwind the first time!!

This show makes my head hurt!

03-30-01, 00:21 AM (EST)
53. "Just thought....."
...I'd bump this up so all the idiots who defended it could feel real stupid all over again. Kind of like a great big wall of shame.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Just thought....."
I'm glad you did

HeeHeeheeheee...Clowns always make me laugh

Go get em'

03-30-01, 04:13 AM (EST)
56. "Curse Those Sea Faring Kangaroos!"

03-31-01, 02:13 AM (EST)
60. "RE: just thought i'd keep this on page 1 so i could find it"
Knowing when to give up has never really been a characteristic I've displayed in the past so why start now?

Certainly those who attempted to discredit the original post are now known to be right, it was a hoax, no doubt about it (although not of my making).

I also think I deserve much of the blame for this thread getting much more attention than in deserved.

Having made those concessions, I still think my original post (mavsfan post 1) is still valid in that the first 3 responses to the "hot new spoiler" fell short of disproving the spoiler. That was the only point I was trying to make. Sorry things got a
little out of hand.

P.S. I kind of like the idea of posting something to this thread every day or so just to keep it on the front page... it'll make it easier for me to find in the future when I want to look at my first ever post.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Newest Hot Spoiler on EZ Board"
Oh, well.....so much for the "disgruntled CBS former employee" huh? Wonder why he or she went to so much trouble to make up a complete lie? Strange, very, very strange.

kreon 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-30-01, 05:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kreon Click to send private message to kreon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Liar!"
Well in one TC your suggestion went down the toliet! What the hell was the point of posting this bullshit? You know I was a little pissed with someone on this board because I thought they were too harsh when they disagreed with a certain post. Now I can understand why they were pissed. I owe squirll an apology because he or she was right about all the bogus ##### that some will post! After you typed out who goes and in what order You posted that," if you're too stupid to figure out what that means, maybe you don't deserve to know" I guess the person telling you this bullshit figured that you are too stupid and don't deserve to know. I mean after all they gave you a lie to digest so leaning on your own words I would say you are the stupid fool who doesn't deserve to know.

IM_Nessie 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IM_Nessie Click to send private message to IM_Nessie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Liar!"
Hey, relax, it's all part of the game. This is a message board about a television show! Pick and choose what to believe and try not to get an ulcer over it!

The dramatic reactions are just what the bogus posters want! As I type, someone else is carefully crafting yet another bogus post and Mark Burnett is leaking misinformation and someone from this spoiler board is going to go postal because they were taken in by it all and voted for Nick to go next!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •