The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Choices, Choices"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-02-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Choices, Choices"
Well, actually there is no choice! Owing to my lack of technology (Tivo, DVR, etc.) I will be missing tonight's show in order to watch the premiere of Survivor. So I want to hear all about what happens tonight!!

Sigs by Cyg
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 First hour DooWahDitty 02-03-06 1
 Final half hour DooWahDitty 02-03-06 2
 RE: Choices, Choices Mysterious Jedi 02-03-06 3
 RE: Choices, Choices samboohoo 02-03-06 4
   RE: Choices, Choices mtopaz 02-03-06 5
 RE: Choices, Choices Cyndimaus 02-03-06 6
   RE: Choices, Choices mtopaz 02-03-06 7
   RE: Choices, Choices DooWahDitty 02-03-06 8
   RE: Choices, Choices alwaysintruble1 02-03-06 9
 RE: Choices, Choices batts 02-03-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-03-06, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "First hour"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 01:20 AM (EST)

Tonight's episode featured TWO dances, the Samba and the Salsa. First up was the Samba. What an amazing dance! (If I see any breakdancing tonight, I gonna breaka da tv screen, that would be the only breaking that'd go on round here tonight.)

*First up: Stacy and Tony (he is dreamy – from Albania). He reminds me of someone, can't remember who. OMG she was SMOKIN' hot tonight! She impressed me. I'm not a critic, nor well-versed in ballroom, but it was totally compelling and sizzling. That's enough for me. (That girl's legs go clear to the Mississippi from here.) PERFECT 10's for this one, all the way across. One of the judges said she's getting better than some of the professionals on the show (ouch!)

Professional Dancing Vignette: The way Samba is really done. I think this was with Edyta and Maksim. (Is this guy's name really Maximum? Aw, who cares whut his name is. (Eyus Candicus Maximus is what I call him!) Oh, baby, that was unbelievable. Only thing wrong with that was it wasn't a complete presentation. Just a little teaser.

*Next up were George and Edyta. Oh, I felt badly, he was very restrained, and the smoke and mirrors didn't work as well tonight. I'm afraid he'll be going home (East Coasters have already seen this.) I can't believe what generous scores they gave George and Edyta (didn't catch them).

*Next up: Lisa and Louis. Dancing to "Freak Out". Lisa is good at the saucy stuff. I enjoy watching her. Her partner is very good... a little too babyface goodytwoshoes for my taste...still, he's an excellent coach because Lisa has really improved! There were a few misses, but the score shouldn't go down, especially in light of George's generous scores. Well, it was OK but nothing overly exciting. Too bad. She's all excited, but let's see what happens. Missing was "the samba" according to Carrie Ann (she's right, of course). Bruno loved it, Len did too. Amazing. The scores were 7-9-9. Stephanie calls Lisa the former dark horse, now a contender.

(Before the commercial they show a spat between Anna and Maksim (actually Anna yelling at Maksim and Maksim doing the "OMG" rolls-eyes routine). They'll show us more of that later. Some kind of a group practice in a dance studio or gymnasium – I couldn't make it out.)

*Next up: Tia and Maksim. This guy could stand still and mesmerize me, but anyway, they're up. In practice she looked ultra-skinny, but in this dress she still looks chub. The woman is gorgeous. The song is all wrong. ("Enough is Enough") ALL wrong. Too slow, WHY do they choose this idiocy? WHO chose this song? Highly doubt it was Maksim, only an idiot would choose this song for a frickin' samba. Tia's hair is in half cornrows, very unusual style. Len didn't like the second half, neither did Carrie, they didn't buy it. The middle was great, but Bruno loved it. All judges loved the middle section, they said Tia is better suited to Ballroom dancing than Latin dancing. Len said it was a Ziegfield Folly. Scores: 7-7-8.

*Next up: Jerry and Anna. I can't wait to see what our man Jerry does. I love this man. (Go 49er's!!! Just had to stick that in. After all, I lived through Super Bowl XVI - 72 hours of non-stop afterpartying!!) They show Jerry's 9-yr-old youngest daughter, what a darling little girl. OK Jerry, don't let us down, man! Keep up the good work.... OK, the booty-shaking was not quite there, but it'll pass. Sigh. He looks like an American guy trying to do Latin. Oh well. It was nice but.... he'll definitely be down there with George this week if you ask me. Too bad. He'll get decent scores, but he's falling behind a bit if you ask me. Bruno loved it, "Jerry cracked the Latin world", Len didn't expect it to be that good but complimented Jerry's posture and said it was great. Carrie Ann says he's still self-conscious and she saw him counting. Get into the zone, she says... That little spitfire he dances with should be able to get him in there! She reminds me of myself - feisty! Whatever that spat was with Maksim though, it better be good. Nobody should spit fire unless it's warranted! Scores: 7-8-8.

*Next Up: Drew and Cheryl. This should be interesting. I think he is going to do well (surprised if he doesn't). They show him taking a needed break during rehearsals, he invited some friends over, his wife is expecting (she's huge, must be due any minute!) So here he comes dressed in head-to-toe black. I like her dress. Very Latin. I'm now convinced that just like "white men can't jump" – American men cannot dance Latin! (Not convincingly, anyway.) It was decent, but just didn't feel Latin to me. No, it did not work. It felt like a modern jazz routine to me. I will be interested to see what the judges say. I think they're gonna get higher scores than they deserve, but we'll see. Carrie says watch the shoulders, she says great; Bruno says you never fail to deliver, you're great; Len says Carrie Ann is correct, but that aside he's got flair, and sells it 100%. (Sorry guys, I do not agree.) Scores: 9-9-9.

Stacy was far and away the finest dancer tonight! No one really compared to her. She is the clear frontrunner. The rest did ok, but not their best. Based on this episode alone, IMO it's Stacy, Drew, Lisa, Tia/Jerry, George - in that order. I think Stacy will win.

Final half hour: A Group Salsa.

ET: typos

02-03-06, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Final half hour"
So now it's the Salsa.

George is hamming it up, Drew gets whacked in the nose accidentally by Cheryl, tempers start to flare. Maksim and Anna spar over "whose routine it is." Way more intense than they thought, Lisa and Stacy say. The pressure's on. George says OMG, Drew says it could go over well or it could be a big fiery crash. (Now what are we hoping for at home.. hmmmmm?!)

Well, it was restrained. Boring. Truly nothing really exciting. Maksim swinging Tia all over, she almost crashes into Jerry. Whew! The song was great ("Rhythm is gonna get You"). Len liked Drew the best, so did Carrie Ann. She also liked Lisa and Louie. Bruno says 'no one can beat Stacy'. Len spars on that. They show the reminders.

Rankings:
Stacy 30 out of 30
Drew 27 out of 30
Lisa 25 out of 30
George 24 out of 30
Jerry 23 out of 30
Tia 22 out of 30

*Don't forget to vote until 10pm PST for your favorite!*

I don't know who my favorite is! I like them all! Double Libra that I am, I want everyone to win So chime in, peeps, and give us some more feedback. (OK to bash of course!)

skin supplied by syren

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-03-06, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Choices, Choices"
I concur with most of what DooWah said, but I thought the judges were off with some of the scores.

George and Tia seemed really subdued tonight. They just couldn't keep up with the competition. I thought Jerry deserved a higher score, maybe tied with Lisa. Stacy and Drew were easily top two.
Group Salsa seemed kinda pointless.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Choices, Choices"
I too agree with Doo Wah on Stacy. OMG, she is awesome, and perfect and just so beautiful. Very graceful dancer, very hot. And her legs really do seal the deal for her.

I only saw Stacy and Lisa. I have it on Tivo, so I'll watch the rest over the weekend. Survivor comes first in our house, and we actually didn't sit down to watch anything until 9. So while I waited for dh to shower, I watched Stacy and then watched her again and again. Then I had to show him just how hot she was.

I like Lisa a lot. And aside from her lips (not a fan of huge lips), I think she looks really good for 42. And I think Louis looks like a young Harry. Every time I watch them dance, I have to laugh at whiney Trista saying, I just can't get that passionate with Louis. *puke*

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-03-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Choices, Choices"
I have to disagree with Samboohoo in one small aspect: For 42, Lisa looks f-ing awesome! I do believe there's some help from plastic surgery - I mean, with absolutely no body fat, can those oobies be 100% natural? I think not. And the lips are distracting to me - I'm always reminded of Second Wives Club and that scene with Goldie Hawn and her huge lips after collagen injections - hilarious! But Lisa is definitely a serious competitor, and she wants to win so badly.

Now you see, Drew's performance was my favorite of the evening, followed closely by Stacy. But I know that's my own personal bias coming in, because Drew is my favorite. Depending on the public votes, I think Drew and Stacy are going to be the final two.

I love Tia, but her dancing has not been up to par on the last two episodes. George is also a crowd pleaser, but he just can't keep up either. I think one of them will be gone this time.

I also love Jerry Rice - am a huge fan of his! But maybe his knees are gone (not surprising with all the pounding he's taken on the field). He seems to get so far, and then no further. I thought his performance last night was good, better than ever, but still not even close to Stacy and Drew.

Sig pic by JSlice

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Choices, Choices"
Thank you!! I really do appreciate the play-by-play, DooWah. And thanks to the others who contributed. Wish I'd seen Stacy dance. Sounds like it was really good. Actually, it would have been good to see everyone dance. I'll be looking forward to the results show tonight. Too bad they changed the format so they aren't showing the full dances anymore!

Sigs by Cyg
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-03-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Choices, Choices"
I agree Cyndi - I think they should show the full performances again on Friday's show, and eliminate all the extra fluff they've thrown in instead, like the Pussycat Dolls and other carp like that.

Sig pic by JSlice

02-03-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Choices, Choices"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 02:58 PM (EST)

Hi mtopaz, I think they did that a couple weeks ago, it was really great. WHY they stopped is beyond me. That was the most enjoyable results show.

hey Cyndi, check your wavy

pachy powered by syren

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-03-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Choices, Choices"
Remember that they started doing an encore dance on the Friday night show that the judges pick as their favorite.

I'll bet that those who missed Stacy's dance last night will get to see her do that same dance tonight.

If we are what we eat, I'm fast, cheap and easy.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Choices, Choices"
OMGosh..... those last 2 were awsome!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •