The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brown and Blue"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Puffs 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-22-01, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffs Click to send private message to Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brown and Blue"
I realize that someone has mentioned it before, but has anyone given their theories on the shading of those particular clips? I wonder if anyone else, besides myself, was if it was an indication of the tiff between the two, brown and blue make black.....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brown and Blue Play2Survive 03-22-01 1
   RE: Brown and Blue PepeLePew13 03-22-01 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-22-01, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brown and Blue"
I'm glad you brought it up, Puffs, because unless I somehow missed it, we haven't spent very much time discussing this. I do think that it's interesting that MB would highlight these two with these colors. Actually, Amber was in the blue twice - the plain headshot and in the beginning with the Food Scarce thing.

With every deliberate editing choice like this, we have to ask whether it's a hint or a disctraction. My hunch on this one is that it means nothing, that MB is once again wanting us to think there is some rift that happens. But who knows?

In theatrical/lighting design:

Blue (Amber) - cool colors represent the somewhat obvious coldness of a character. It is generally used when the antagonist is on stage, or when something devilish is being plotted.

Red/Brown (Jerri) - warm colors (again a bit obvious) represents goodness and affection, and is almost always used when the protagonist is on stage.

Given this very basic tenet of traditional lighting design, it seems odd that these colors would be used with these characters. I don't know what MB is trying to do, but would love to know if anyone else has an idea how this could have any relevance - because it is odd, and it is deliberate. At this point, I just don't see it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-01, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brown and Blue"
I noticed the different colours too but couldn't place any value on these. Where's Conspiracy Jim when we need him?

If we were to use Play2's theory of what the colours mean in the theatrical world, then it could be a foreshadowing of Amber blackwidowing Jerri in the next episode and giving her the boot in a 4-4 tie with Jerri having more votes than any of the Kuchas.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy into any "Jerri goes in Ep.9" theories yet unless something much more concrete comes up. It's a little risky for the Ogies to break up their alliance at this point in the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •