URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1038
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Brown and Blue"

Posted by Puffs on 03-22-01 at 11:47 AM
I realize that someone has mentioned it before, but has anyone given their theories on the shading of those particular clips? I wonder if anyone else, besides myself, was if it was an indication of the tiff between the two, brown and blue make black.....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Brown and Blue"
Posted by Play2Survive on 03-22-01 at 12:46 PM
I'm glad you brought it up, Puffs, because unless I somehow missed it, we haven't spent very much time discussing this. I do think that it's interesting that MB would highlight these two with these colors. Actually, Amber was in the blue twice - the plain headshot and in the beginning with the Food Scarce thing.

With every deliberate editing choice like this, we have to ask whether it's a hint or a disctraction. My hunch on this one is that it means nothing, that MB is once again wanting us to think there is some rift that happens. But who knows?

In theatrical/lighting design:

Blue (Amber) - cool colors represent the somewhat obvious coldness of a character. It is generally used when the antagonist is on stage, or when something devilish is being plotted.

Red/Brown (Jerri) - warm colors (again a bit obvious) represents goodness and affection, and is almost always used when the protagonist is on stage.

Given this very basic tenet of traditional lighting design, it seems odd that these colors would be used with these characters. I don't know what MB is trying to do, but would love to know if anyone else has an idea how this could have any relevance - because it is odd, and it is deliberate. At this point, I just don't see it.

"RE: Brown and Blue"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-22-01 at 01:40 PM
I noticed the different colours too but couldn't place any value on these. Where's Conspiracy Jim when we need him?

If we were to use Play2's theory of what the colours mean in the theatrical world, then it could be a foreshadowing of Amber blackwidowing Jerri in the next episode and giving her the boot in a 4-4 tie with Jerri having more votes than any of the Kuchas.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy into any "Jerri goes in Ep.9" theories yet unless something much more concrete comes up. It's a little risky for the Ogies to break up their alliance at this point in the game.