The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Voting System"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sierra1947 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-28-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sierra1947 Click to send private message to Sierra1947 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Voting System"
I need help here as I am in a debate about the voting system.

Are you allowed to vote 7 times for each star's 800 number?

Or is it 7 times from your home phone number?

Here are the rules online:
HOW IT WORKS:

Phone lines and online polls will open at the top of each Thursday night performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites and lines will stay open for approximately 30 minutes after the end of the show.

The following night, in the 30-minute Dancing with the Stars Result Show (premiering Friday, January 6 at 8/7c), the couple with the lowest combined score from the judges and the viewers will be eliminated from the competition. The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show.

PHONE NUMBERS:

Call the following numbers to cast a vote for your favorite couple (seven votes permitted per phone line):

George Hamilton & Edyta Sliwinska 800-VOTE4-01 (800-868-3401)
Lisa Rinna & Louis van Amstel 800-VOTE4-02 (800-868-3402)
Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani 800-VOTE4-04 (800-868-3404)
Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke 800-VOTE4-05 (800-868-3405)
Tia Carrere & Maksim Chmerkovskiy 800-VOTE4-06 (800-868-3406)
P Miller & Ashly Delgrosso 800-VOTE4-07 (800-868-3407)
Jerry Rice & Anna Trebunskaya 800-VOTE4-09 (800-868-3409)

SUMMARY:

Lines open at the beginning of each show for viewers to vote for their favorite couples and stay open for 30 minutes after the show's end. Seven votes permitted for each phone number.
The couple with the lowest score is knocked out of the competition.
One couple will be knocked out of the competition each week, starting with week one.
Online voting remains open until noon (Eastern Time) on the day of the results show. One vote per email address is allowed.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Voting System StarryLuna 01-28-06 1
   RE: Voting System Sierra1947 01-28-06 2
 RE: Voting System DooWahDitty 01-28-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-28-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Voting System"
This week, you got 7 votes total. Next week, you'll only get 6 votes total, to split between the couples as you see fit. For example, I could vote for each couple once, or I could vote for Drew & Cheryl 3 times, Jerry & Anna 2 times, and Tia & Maksim 1 time.

Luna's Eclipses

Sierra1947 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-28-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sierra1947 Click to send private message to Sierra1947 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Voting System"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-06 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

Thank you. I just found that the info on the website isn't that clear as it states 7 votes per phone number, of which I am taking it as 7 votes per 800 # not as 7 votes per HOME PHONE NUMBER.

If you read the summary of the online rules it says "7 votes PER phone number". It doesn't say home phone number ...

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-28-06, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Voting System"
I voted the other night 7 times from my home phone, 7 times from my cell phone, and 1 time online.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •