The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TV Guide online article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TV Guide online article"
I have bolded what I find interesting.

Amazing Race 7 Preview
by Ethan Alter

Last year was busy for Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan. Not only did he film three back-to-back editions of the reality hit, he also launched his new TV series No Opportunity Wasted and published a book based on the program. "I only had two days off and traveled 465,000 miles," says the exhausted New Zealander. "I really need to take a bit of a break."

Before he can slack off though, he's got to tell TVGuide.com all about the seventh edition of The Amazing Race, which premieres tonight on CBS at 9pm/ET. Keoghan acknowledges it's strange to be gearing up for another season so soon after the previous one wrapped, but he's very high on Amazing Race 7. "My favorite season before this was Season 5," he says. "There was something about that season that captured the magic of what the race is all about. I never thought it would get any better than that, but I have to say that Season 7 is now my favorite. It is, without doubt, the strongest one we've ever put together."

His enthusiasm will hopefully reassure fans of the reality adventure, many of whom were disappointed with last season. "Season 6 was quite a different series for us," Keoghan admits. "It got a very different reaction from people. It produced the best ratings we had so far, so more and more people were watching the show. But it was different, and I personally didn't know that we'd get the reaction to Jonathan and Victoria that we did. This season, the show has definitely gone back to its roots. There are a lot of photo finishes, and there are a couple of new twists and turns that will really engage people. For example, teams that come in last place will face new consequences that we haven't seen before."

Format changes aside, Keoghan cites casting as the main reason for this season's success, starting with the biggest names, Survivor winners Rob and Amber. "They stirred the pot up quite a bit," he laughs. "Some people were surprised by the choice, but just to be clear, they came to us about being on the show. We didn't go and find them."

Not everyone on the race was pleased to see them, either. "Right from the beginning, there was quite a bit of animosity directed towards them. I can't say they were warmly embraced. This was a totally different experience for them. I think they were quite surprised by the speed of the race. On Survivor, they're used to not eating and talking a lot. There's no real downtime here."

In addition to Rob and Amber, Keoghan says fans should keep an eye on a few other teams. "There's Ron and Kelly, a dating couple," he says. "He's a POW who was shot down in Iraq and was in the news for quite a while. There's also a married couple, Uchenna and Joyce. Both have worked for companies that went bankrupt; both have had financial difficulties in the past and both are absolutely desperate to have a child. They really came into this race to win. A lot of teams come on for the experience, but this team is there because they want to win the money and use it to have a child. There's a real focus there and you don't see that with a lot of teams.

"Boyfriends Lynn and Alex are one of the funniest teams we've ever had on the show," Keoghan continues. "I thoroughly enjoyed talking to them each time they came onto the mat and I think they're going to be hot favorites on the show. Finally, mother-and-son team Susan and Patrick are a dynamic mix. She's this bright woman who works in the judicial system and he's this wannabe writer from Hollywood who is also gay. So you've got a real contrast there. Also, it's a mother-son relationship, which is a first for us."

Now that Amazing Race 7 is in the can, you'd think Keoghan would take a work-free vacation. But no, on Wednesday, he heads out on a cross-country trip to promote his book and to scout contestants for the eighth season of Race, which will feature families instead of two-person teams.

"I'm driving through Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, Albuquerque and Phoenix, arriving in L.A. on March 14," he says. "Mercedes has given me a G-series vehicle and my dad is flying in to take the trip with me. I've always wanted to do something like this with him, so this will be a great experience. I'm really looking forward to meeting the families. This is a great way to take the show out on the road and speak with people directly." And after that, maybe he'll finally get that break.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/050301b.asp

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TV Guide online article popeave 03-02-05 1
   RE: TV Guide online article TeamJoisey 03-03-05 2
       RE: TV Guide online article Devious Weasel 03-03-05 6
   RE: TV Guide online article Urban_Kitten 03-16-05 16
 RE: TV Guide online article Surveysez 03-03-05 3
   RE: TV Guide online article volsfan 03-03-05 4
       RE: TV Guide online article popeave 03-03-05 5
   RE: TV Guide online article tamarama 03-03-05 7
  TV Guide online article memyselfandi 03-03-05 8
   RE: TV Guide online article Neobie 03-04-05 9
 Spoiling on the Edge FarmBoy 03-09-05 10
   RE: Spoiling on the Edge volsfan 03-09-05 11
       RE: Spoiling on the Edge FarmBoy 03-10-05 12
           RE: Spoiling on the Edge fadingfires 03-15-05 13
   RE: Spoiling on the Edge PepeLePew13 03-16-05 14
       RE: Spoiling on the Edge pmspml5 03-16-05 15
           RE: Spoiling on the Edge TeamJoisey 03-16-05 17
               RE: Spoiling on the Edge pmspml5 03-16-05 19
   RE: Spoiling on the Edge FarmBoy 03-16-05 18
 RE: TV Guide online article FarmBoy 03-16-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TV Guide online article"
For example, teams that come in last place will face new consequences that we haven't seen before.

What does this mean? I am visualizing something like this:

Phil: Rob and Amber, I'm sorry to tell you that you're the last team to arrive. The good news is, if you can answer these five questions...
Welcome mat greeter: three questions
Phil: ...three questions, you may stay in the race.
Old man:: What is your name?...
etc.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TV Guide online article"
some call me... Tim.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TV Guide online article"
I thought some called you "Team"

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TV Guide online article"
Oooooooooooooooooo ... peeing myself laughing!!!
"What is your favourite colour? ..."
bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Neutiquam erro (I am not lost).

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-03-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TV Guide online article"
Phil has been starting to soften and speak more at the mat with each season, but with this first episode of 7, he seems positively chatty.

So does this interview suggest that the teams he speaks of get to go far?

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

03-03-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TV Guide online article"
I think it may be! He says that he enjoyed chatting with Lynn/Alex every time they came on the mat. This leads me to believe they last at least 3-4 episodes...doesn't it sound like that to you?

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TV Guide online article"
"Every time" does sound like they made it there more than just once or twice.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-03-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TV Guide online article"
>>So does this interview suggest that the teams he speaks of get to go far?<<

I would think they'd be really careful to NOT be that obvious...and the one that makes me suspicious is the POW story.

He doesn't really say much about them other than the standard blurb that appears on the screen..."Dating" "roommates", and I think literally "Former POW/Beauty Queen" (or something like that.

They would be my guess for the red herring in the interview.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-05, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. " TV Guide online article"
This is probably nothing but I notice that three of the five teams mentioned have a sunset in the background of their photos

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-04-05, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TV Guide online article"
I do know that the profiles are pasted onto the background (see the Phil's, Elise's and Bertram's photo). Could this be solely the work of the CBS webmonkeys?

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Spoiling on the Edge"
There's also a married couple, Uchenna and Joyce. Both have worked for companies that went bankrupt; both have had financial difficulties in the past and both are absolutely desperate to have a child. They really came into this race to win. A lot of teams come on for the experience, but this team is there because they want to win the money and use it to have a child. There's a real focus there and you don't see that with a lot of teams.

Match this quote with the Betting spoiler and it looks like a pretty good thing. Phil didn't digive this much info on the other couples.

Now, add the "background spoiler" from the CBS site. Romber, Lynn/Alex, and Uchenna/Joyce have the sunset background as mentioned earlier in this thread. They are also three of the five teams mentioned in the article. this could be the final 3!!

The two teams eliminated so far both have a lake/forest background. Debbie/Bianca, Ray/Deana, Susan/Patrick have this same background. If one of these teams is eliminated next.......We have a good guess on our first 5 teams out of the race.

The remaining teams, Brothers, Ron/Kelly, and Meredith/Whiner all have a mountain background. If this plays out they should all survive until episodes 6 thru 8. the kicker in this is Merideth/Whiner making it to at least episode 6- that usualy doesn't happen.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

03-09-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"
I am liking this!

03-10-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"
I went to CBS and checked the background for past shows.

For TAR 5 & 6, the background has been kind of greyed out, but you can tell it was different ones for the final three. I think all the backgrounds used were similar "jungle" ones.

None of the backgrounds in the older series are that distinctive either. So, at least, this time, they have used 3 distinctive backgrounds.

fadingfires 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-05, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fadingfires Click to send private message to fadingfires Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"
i dont think this is true, because first, i bet the people who make these dont even know the outcome of the race, second, cbs would not be so stupid to make this kind of easy spoiling opportunity. althought this makes PERFECT SENSE. i really really dont think that cbs is that dumb.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"

> the kicker in this
>is Merideth/Whiner making it to
>at least episode 6- that
>usualy doesn't happen.

Looking at the brains still left in the race, it's not too inconceivable that A Boy Named Meredith and Wretched could make it to the final 6.

Scratch and sniff

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-16-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"
Also, If you put the backgrounds together with the other spoiling information (I have not kept track to see if it is still being accepted):

A couple that is not Rob/Amber (Ron/Kelly)
The brothers in NY (Brian/Greg)
A third misterious couple (Merideth/Gretchen)

That could be our final 3. I know many dont want M/G to get the far - R/K either but who knows. I think M/G are doing better than most want to give them credit for - also, with last nights "softening" of Gretchen I'm starting to wonder.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-16-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"
Don't disregard the betting spoiler, which has Uchenna & Joyce winning. I think that is pretty reliable.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-16-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"
I had forgotten about that - however isnt there some discussion that it was only in 2 states while most are from everywhere - I dont know I dont bet. (The last bet cost me doing the dishes for a month while my teenagers sat and played on my new computer).

03-16-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Spoiling on the Edge"
Uh oh! It was Debbie/Bianca- lake/forest background. It's coming true!!

I kind of agree that it would be really dumb of CBS to do this, but now we have 3 out of 5 with the same background eliminated.

I can see Patrick/Susan going soon, too. And I agree, there was some softening of Gretchen last night and they have played smarter than some of the other teams.

03-16-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
20. "RE: TV Guide online article"
You know, I just remembered that TV Guide spoiler in which a weekly blurb for the show had listed the bootees in order on Surviror 7. They had it almost right, partly because of Lil coming back.

This reminds me of that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •