The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"UPS Shipping Dispute - what's the deal?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-01-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"UPS Shipping Dispute - what's the deal?"
Anyone ever dealt with this?

I bought an new espresso maker on ebay from the US and it arrived yesterday via UPS. Unfortunatly, the box was majorly banged up and when I opened it, I discovered that it had taken an impact so hard that it shattered the styrofoam packing and damaged the espresso maker itself.

I've checked it thoroughly and there are cosmetic scratches and dents along one side and the plastic housing of the maker has popped out along the edges on the front and right side. It looks like still works from my preliminary check, just running water through it.

I spoke to UPS and they told me that the shipper has to deal with it and my shipper has his own UPS agent. I emailed the shipper and he was very nice and told me he is going to start a claim. He said the box was in perfect condition when it got on the truck, as well as the maker itself.

So what happens now? Will they take my espresso maker away to inspect it? Would I still get compensated if I keep it? The shipper gets the refund, apparently. What the hell? It's all very confusing.

Words of wisdom, anyone?

I'm sad too, this was my christmas present from my DH and I was really excited about it!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: UPS Shipping Dispute - what's t... weltek 02-01-06 1
   RE: UPS Shipping Dispute - what's t... Canada Girl 02-01-06 3
 RE: UPS Shipping Dispute - what's t... Lasann 02-01-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-01-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: UPS Shipping Dispute - what's the deal?"
For my home-party business, when I get shipments from headquarters (Fed Ex is the carrier) and shipping has damaged the product, headquarters resends me the product & enters a claim with Fed Ex. They don't bother taking back the old one, but in this case, the shipper may request it back.

Was it a private person, or a company that you bought from on Ebay? Could you tell? If it was a private shipper, you might be SOL until the UPS claim is resolved (I would assume the seller would refund your money asap). If it was a company, you should ask for an immediate refund or replacement.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-01-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: UPS Shipping Dispute - what's the deal?"
It's a company, but it's a company that sells returns, one of a kinds, etc. This was their only espresso maker.

I hope I'm not SOL. That would suck.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-01-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: UPS Shipping Dispute - what's the deal?"
All I've got to say about UPS is that my son now works there loading trucks, so yea, that could be a problem. Altho, I think he is careful to not damage the packages but I sometimes hear about mis-scans and boxes on the wrong truck.

Nevermind!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •