The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Grease: You're the One That I Want Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Just thought we needed to get started talking about the first elimination and this week's performances. Who is your favorite?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... KObrien_fan 02-11-07 1
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... Loree 02-12-07 2
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... Wasabi 02-12-07 3
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... KeithFan 02-12-07 4
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... fullofgrace2470 02-12-07 5
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... Pretty_Kitty 02-12-07 6
   RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... Wasabi 02-12-07 7
       RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... HeavenlyGrl 02-14-07 17
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... emydi 02-12-07 8
   RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... catsnotkids 02-12-07 9
   RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... KObrien_fan 02-13-07 13
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... kidflash212 02-12-07 10
   RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... ulalame 02-13-07 15
       RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... HeavenlyGrl 02-14-07 16
           RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... volsfan 02-14-07 18
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... volsfan 02-12-07 11
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... trigirl 02-13-07 12
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... Chez 02-13-07 14
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... chubby k 02-15-07 19
   RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... kilarney 02-16-07 20
   RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... volsfan 02-16-07 21
 RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/... kidflash212 02-16-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-07, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Derek for Danny and Kate or Laura for Sandy.

I hate Austin but he keeps getting high praise. Max is getting better and luv the new haircut.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-07, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
This week Derek was my fave for Danny.

And I liked Kate for Sandy. She just seemed like Sandy lastnight.

Last week I really liked Ashley. But this week she seemed so serious and almost angry. I know it was the song. But that choice made it hard for me to see her as Sandy. I noticed she didn't get the praise this week that she did last week either.

I liked Chad last week. But he sounded off this week. Then they said he was suffering from the flu. So maybe that was it. But it did hurt him.

I wish more of the females would sing upbeat songs. They seem to be trying so hard to prove they have this certain kind of Idol voice. And I think the guys that are showing they can sing while they dance are earning higher marks.

I still don't like Max. Yes, he can sing. But he will never be Danny to me.

I believe they sent the right 2 home. And I was surprised to see they are using more of a Rockstar way of eliminating them. The judges get to save people if they have a week where their fave ends up with the least votes. Lastnight the 2 that went home were not the 2 with the fewest votes. They announced it was the other 2.

Wasabi 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-12-07, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wasabi Click to send private message to Wasabi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
For Danny, the favorites are gotta to be "look at my guns" Derek and "I am so cute" Chad.

Austin is increasingly annoying to me (sung to "hopelessly devoted to you" tune).

I like "still have too much hair, next makeover - eyebrow plucking" Max, he is talented but I just don't think he is the right fit for Danny's part. He might have a very successful future but not as Danny.

For Sandy, the only one that I can consistently tell apart is Laura and thus she's my favorite.

Harriet form "Studio 60" a.k.a. Kathleen and her sermons are getting rather old for me.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-07, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Although not so live now.

Laura blew me away with "Jesus Christ Superstar". The hair on my arms stood up.

Kate has great pipes, but I've seen "Buenos Aires" done better.

Guys- None of them stood out to me this week, I think Chad or Derek will get the nod in the end. I wouldn't be suprised if Chad has to go into the sing off for next week based on how the judges were saying yeah this wasn't your best.

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-12-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Austin. There's just something about him that grates on me. Now Derek *swoon* on the other hand.....but then, I've always loved John Stamos. I was glad a couple of weeks ago when one of the judges said he reminded her(?) of Stamos. I liked Matt, but he was too inexperienced. Though, if you knew that, why bring him back in the first place? I like Chad and Max too. The rest can all go away.

I love Kate, though I'm not sure I see her as Sandy. Kathleen is right up there with Austin. I've liked Laura from the beginning. Ashley S. has a good voice, and I liked Ashley A's voice last night, but it was definitely time for her to go. Ali is adorable, and has a great voice. I could definitely see her as Sandy.

I guess I'm still not sure who my favorite Sandy is. The only ones I actively dislike are Austin and Kathleen, so they will probably win lol.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-12-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
The song selections for Grease have been sooooo much freakin better that American Idol. Maybe its because I prefer Show tunes. I doubt we'll have to listen to a bad version Of "Last Dance" or "Conga" on this show and thank god for that!!

I like All the woman at this point (exception the one who got sent home last night) I still cant tell the guys apart.

Wasabi 64 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-07, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wasabi Click to send private message to Wasabi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Speaking of American Idol, I was watching last night's show and was thinking how would these folks fare at AI? Most of them gorgeous, sing great, have good stage presence. Have any of them tried out for AI? Would they have any interest or are they exclusively theater people?

HeavenlyGrl 77 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-07, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeavenlyGrl Click to send private message to HeavenlyGrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
>Speaking of American Idol, I was
>watching last night's show and
>was thinking how would these
>folks fare at AI?

I was thinking that most of these preformances are ten times better than the preformances that you see on AI... the talent is outstanding!! I think there is finally a show out there that will give AI a run for their money... and I LOVE Laura!! And Derek, he's gotta be the Danny, but I don't see them as a good mix together?...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-07, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-07 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

I really like Derek Chad and Max...I think Derek will win it with Chad as runner up (will Chad be understudy then? I actually like Chad better but Derek looks the part the best) with Max having an outside chance. I think he will stick around longer than any of the other ones. Austin could sneak by bc of his looks but that song last nite wasn't all that like the judges said.

For Sandy I love Laura...I liked her last week the best too. I'm not on the Ashley S bandwagon. I really liked Juliana (her song choice was great) too but she has no confidence.

I guess the way they are doing the eliminations is to make sure they get who they want...I would think though the last choice and maybe the final 4 would be America's???

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-12-07, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
I also love Laura. She's head and shoulders above the rest, so far.

Kathleen is my least favorite, now, of the Sandy's. Not sure if it's her singing or the bible-thumping or both.

Derek is a hottie. He was great last night. I do like Austin (sorry everyone else!). I think he's very talented and can probably pull it off. He does have a sincerity problem, however.

I'm not a fan of Max or Kevin, they are both too stiff for me on stage.

This show is improving - I thought last night was quite good overall.

I didn't enjoy the "send-off" - I hope they don't make them all go out like that! It seemed sort of cruel.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Austin looks like a cutsie Harry Connick Jr but can't sing as well. He overracts and I don't like his dance style. Derek looks like John Stamos but did you see those biceps and triceps? The man dances, sings, and makes the ladies want to be his woman, lol.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-12-07, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
I can't imagine anyone winning but Derek at this point - he is the only one I would actually buy a ticket to see live on Broadway. I don't hate Austin like some seem to - but his voice wasn't all that great and even his dancing seemed a little stiff. Like some have said above, Max just isn't Danny and never will be no matter how many haircuts he gets. Since Chad was sick and also chose a very un-Danny like song to sing, I'll give him a pass but he faded a bit for me - he was better last week. Kevin is too boy band for me - I don't see a 50's greaser there. I don't know why they even bothered to save Jason for another week. This may be the easiest elimination prediction to make in the history of reality TV - Jason is history next Sunday.

Laura was a huge surprise - she was the showstopper and I think is now my favorite for Sandy. Ashley is still a close runner up - thought she improved over last week. Julianna is the Max of the female side, she is just never going to be Sandy. Kathleen is irritating, thought her dumb little prayer rhyme last night was very nasty and someone needs to help her with her wardrobe - both weeks she has worn a dress that makes her look pregnant and too old for the role.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-13-07, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
>>Since Chad was sick and also chose a very un-Danny like song to sing, I'll give him a pass but he faded a bit for me - he was better last week.<<

I don't think any of them chose their songs this week; I think they were assigned to them. Several of them made comments during the rehearsals about not being comfortable with the song choice (Austin on "Ease On Down the Road") or got feedback from the judges during rehearsals about not getting the story of their songs (Laura on "Jesus Christ, Superstar" and one of the other girls, too).

HeavenlyGrl 77 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeavenlyGrl Click to send private message to HeavenlyGrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"

>
>I don't think any of them
>chose their songs this week;
>I think they were assigned
>to them.

I'm not too sure about this, because the judges normally suggest to the Danny and Sandys what they would like to see them do next... I do think they have some say, maybe they just pick from abunch of selected songs

02-14-07, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
All the performers had to choose songs from Broadway musicals and Max kicked off the singing. He started off with “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” from the play, The Lion King.

This comes from page two of the recap of this week's episode on the NBC site.

02-12-07, 09:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
I actually just watched the show and I really like Max and Derek. Austin is growing on me as I didn't much like him last week but I enjoyed his performance this week.

What a cheesy ending to the show...URGH!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-13-07, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Austin drives me insane. He needs to try out for La Cage....he is NOT Danny.

I missed most of the performances but have always liked Chad. Sounds like he didn't do too well.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-13-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Kathleen committed a faux pas, I believe, when she made her little "prayer" to the "Lord" and commented on "Lord" Andrew Lloyd Webber. Webber was in fact knighted in 1992, but that gives him the title "Sir" not "lord". May sound like a small error to Americans, but I believe Webber would be offended by this and would quietly regard Kathleen as stupid.

chubby k 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-07, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chubby%20k Click to send private message to chubby%20k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
This show is too painful to watch. I quit watching it after the first live show. None of these contestants would even make it through the audition stage of AI. I was amazed they brought back the 2 that got booted off for a second chance. Good luck sticking through the entire season.

kilarney 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-16-07, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kilarney Click to send private message to kilarney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
I agree. This show is absolutely too painful to watch.

It jumped the shark when the live shows started. Here is the problem: Everybody is trying to be the same person (Danny or Sandy)! It's incredibly boring to watch several people all try to act the same way. At least with American Idol, there is some individuality.

Consider me a former watcher.

02-16-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
None of these contestants would even make it through the audition stage of AI.

I wouldn't go that far because there are some very talented people on this show. However, being in a Broadway play takes a different type person (talents) than being a recording artist such as those on AI.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-16-07, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Grease Live Show Discussion 02/11/07"
Does anyone think they are pairing up the contestants in response to who they thought did the best the previous week. In week 2 Derek & Ashley S. were paired and most thought they were the top pair the previous week according to some of the polls I saw. This upcoming week Derek is paired with Laura, both of whom are leading the same polls (on the NBC website)this week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •