The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Grease: You're the One That I Want Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-07, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
Well, what did you think? Who was your favorite this week?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... Chez 02-18-07 1
 RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... KObrien_fan 02-18-07 2
 RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... CattyChat 02-19-07 3
 RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... Loree 02-19-07 4
 RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... emydi 02-19-07 5
 RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... kidflash212 02-19-07 6
 Did everyone sing? PagongRatEater 02-19-07 7
   RE: Did everyone sing? CattyChat 02-19-07 8
 RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... volsfan 02-20-07 9
   RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/... KoalaChick 02-20-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-18-07, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
I was flipping back and forth between TAR and Grease. I have to say some of the duos did not harmonize very well. It was hard to tell whether it was the guy or the gal that was at fault.

I wish Kathleen had been eliminated. Do not care for her at all.

I still like Max and I like Laura.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-07, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
Derek has been a strong contender of mine but he had no chemistry whatsoever with Kate, plus he was off singing wise. It could be just the kick in the butt he needs to remind him there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Max was awesome, Chad was too. Allie and Ashley both did very well.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-19-07, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
After last night, it is pretty much cemented in my mind that Chad is Danny. He is the only one left for me that has the right looks, the talent & charisma (not too cocky, but confident & sense of humor).

I really like Max, too, but I just cannot see him as Danny. He is so talented & great personality that I think he should be offered the role as Kenickie in the B-Way cast.

I can't stand Kevin & would have rather him booted last night. Austin is too "soap opera" & "pretty" for the part. Derek was another one of my early faves, but his weaknesses are showing. He really sounded horrible last night.

I'm not decided yet on Sandy. I think the right boot was made last night. I was an early fan of Juliana, but after auditions her diva-ish 'tude started showing, with a lot of excuses & it turned me off.

I like Ashley S. the most & Laura is a contender, too. I never even noticed Laura until 2 weeks ago.

Kate is really talented, but I just don't feel she is right for Sandy. She definitely belongs on Broadway, though. Kathleen is a nice girl, but something about her just isn't right as Sandy. Allie is too "young" for the role for me. She's a doll, but for me she's just not right.

I hope the F2 Dannys are Max & Chad, with Chad winning & Max offered the role of Kenickie. As of now, I hope the F2 Sandys are Ashley S. & Laura and it could go either way.

One nation, under Romber...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
It is interesting how there is no clear fave week after week. A couple weeks ago it was all about Ashley and then she had a week that wasn't as strong and some of the other females moved up. According to the judges they thought Ashley was back this week. Then you had all the guys thinking Derek was the one to beat. And now he has a week that is not as strong. So they are all still trying to find their way.

I think it is obvious that Kevin needs to go next. I really dont like him at all. And Max is talented but he just is not Danny to me. I think on various weeks Chad, Derek or Austin could do the job. But one of them really has to step up as the definite contender. Derek was coming on strong but he really was not that good this week. Maybe he was getting too confident. But his voice was off and he didn't seem to have any chemistry with Kate.

Last week Chad was the one that was off singing-wise. But he did have the flu so we aren't sure if it was the song or that he was ill. But this week him and Allie were great together. Lots of chemistry and I just enjoyed watching them. I also enjoyed watching Austin and Laura together and thought they had chemistry. I know alot of people don't like Austin. But he often seems the most experienced and I think that is what the judges like about him. I did not see the chemistry with Max and Ashley. I just don't see Max as romantic, he is more of the goofy-friend type. And Ashley hasn't impressed me as much lately as she did before. I was just bored with Kevin and Kathleen.

I am having a harder time with the females. I really think it will get down to which pair works out the best. Some of the couples will not have chemistry.

We found out that the judges will have the final say who goes until they are down to the final and then the viewers get to pick who wins. So all the judges can do is save their faves and hope the viewers pick the right one at the end.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
OMH I love Jon Secada!! I agree with him that last nite Chad and Ally were def the best...I realllly liked their duet.

Derek...he did not sound good at all esp at beginning!

I love Max...I mean come on everyone else is dissing on others (being all catty) and he makes a joke about how "Max" has got to go...I can see him as Danny and he gets better each week.

I like Laura but she was just ok this week. You can tell the producer David reeaaaaalllly wants Austin to win bc he keeps talking him up and he wasn't all that again last nite (better than last week)

And we found out that its the producers choice until the semi finals and then it's all America. Is that F4 or F6 because there are two people being chosen? I still have not found the energy or whatever to vote for any of them though. Maybe when it gets to the semifinals.

My Danny(s) and Sandy(s): Chad and Ally OR
Max and Laura

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-19-07, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
I thought the panel was a little harder on Derek than they should have been. I sort of get the feeling they felt he was running away with this and wanted to knock him down some to keep things interesting. I still think Derek will win in the end. Can't figure out why they like Austin so much - I've yet to be impressed by him. I would never spend the money for a Broadway ticket to see Max play Danny - He doesn't fit the role and never will. Chad is the runner up to Derek. It's obvious Kevin will be gone next week - it will be interesting to see who the other guy will be - my money is on Max or Austin.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Did everyone sing?"
It seemed like we missed spritual Sandy and one of the Danny's last night. Did they let us know why they didn't perform?

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labour to subvert these great Pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and citizens. The mere Politician, equally with the pious man ought to respect and to cherish them." - President Washington's farewell address.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-19-07, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did everyone sing?"
"Spiritual Sandy" & Kevin performed last. Since they were both in the bottom 4, I guess they weren't paired together during the week for rehearsals and they had to work on their routine that night until they performed at the end of the show.

They got poor reviews from the Judges, mostly about their lack of cohesiveness/chemistry as a pair & they really skewered Kevin (rightfully so) for a poor performance. David pretty much told Kevin he should have been sent home.

"Spiritual Sandy" sounded good, but the Judges commented she needed to show a less serious & more playful side.

One nation, under Romber...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
I don't get the lvoe for Chad...he seemed like he was shouting rather than singing. I like Derek, as most do, but I also like Austin. At first, I thought Austin was trying too hard but I thought this week he looked more comfortable and convincing.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-20-07, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Grease Discussion Thread 02/18/2007"
I think the song choices weren't the best for some of them. Something To Talk About isn't exactly a duet. Some of the guys had problems harmonizing in the higher registers. I hope they pick better songs if this is going to be the format.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •