The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5859 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-18, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-18 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

The three tribes continue to shake up and make up as they get closer to a merge.
Desiree has been wondering how Ma-low-low they can go, as the orange tribe seems to be earning their frequent flier miles at Tribal Council. They try to reverse the "bad juju" by burning their tribal flag and calling on the spirit of Whoopee Goldberg to make things right. (I'd rather sit behind Demi Moore at the spinning wheel and touch her crockery, but we all have different take-aways from that movie.)

It's a tribute to the Trump apocalyptic tell-all tome "Fire and Fury" this week. Malolo is rocking the fire and Naviti is experiencing the fury as Bradley proves to be the biggest island know-it-all since The Professor. Maybe Ginger (Libby) and Maryann (Chelsea) can give him a little nudge toward a tropical cliff or bash his head open with a coconut. You know, with a little warning Production could shoot those clever snake-slithering-across-a-tree-branch cutaways instead of recording the actual felonious deed. Just drop your bikinis once for "yes" and twice for "no".

Mark "BBQ is what we do" Burnett
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... Aruba 04-05-18 1
   RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... kingfish 04-07-18 4
       RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... Aruba 04-08-18 9
   RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... michel2 04-07-18 5
       RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... Aruba 04-08-18 10
           RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... michel2 04-08-18 13
               RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... Aruba 04-08-18 14
                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... michel2 04-08-18 15
                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... Aruba 04-09-18 20
                           RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... michel2 04-09-18 21
                               RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Go... Aruba 04-09-18 23
 Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBL... kingfish 04-07-18 2
   RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... michel2 04-07-18 3
       RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... kingfish 04-07-18 6
           RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... michel2 04-07-18 7
               RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... kingfish 04-08-18 8
                   RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... michel2 04-08-18 11
                       RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... kingfish 04-08-18 16
                       RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... kingfish 04-08-18 17
                           RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... michel2 04-08-18 19
   RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... Aruba 04-08-18 12
       RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... kingfish 04-08-18 18
           RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMM... Aruba 04-09-18 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 2820 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-05-18, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
FINDING/CONCLUSION #1 – The Commission determines the reactions over REAL food as prizes at the RC were not obnoxiously over-the-top. No penalties given out for “Embellishment” at this challenge. Oh, that’s right, Stephanie’s out of the game.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #2 – Burning the banner didn’t break the curse; eliminating James prior to the IC involving water is what broke it. For Michel it was better late than never.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #3 – Malolo had a group make-out session with the IC Idol. But Michael was the real winner getting Desiree’s pasteques squashed into his midsection. If the teenager had not yet reach puberty, he did with that hug!

FINDING/CONCLUSION #4 – Full bellies make content eaters sleep. And what happens when the rest of your tribe is slumbering...you go out and find a HII. Ask Ben...Ask Domenick. And how content was Yanuya? Wendell had enough time to not only find the clue, but also decipher the treasure map and retrieve the necklace. Michael was able to shove his HII stick down his pants; Kellyn did the same with her advantage. Wendell will have a tougher challenge concealing his find. Should make for an interesting walk to TC.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #5 – It appears Production has run its course on terminally ill relatives and bitter divorces. “I miss my girlfriend” is what’s left to bring a tear to a viewer’s eye? Sure enhances the appreciation for our service personnel who go on a tour of duty and separate from their loved ones for a heck of a lot longer than Survivor. And pour Wittle Wendell will eventually get to see his lovey-dovely...not a guarantee for our brave soldiers defending our freedom.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #6 – Bradley’s self-proclaimed prophecy was if he made the merge he would have won it all. WOW, aren’t the rest of the castaways SOOOO lucky he didn’t make the merge? So that should make the sole survivor this season the “luckiest” winner ever??

FINDING/CONCLUSION #7 – Plenty of urns left to be broken on Ghost Island. A couple should be reserved for Colby and Lil making cameos to remind us of the million-dollar blunders both committed when they each handed over the win to the Finalist sitting next to them. Although, the Commission concludes that will not happen as both are still in denial over their boneheaded decisions. This should qualify as a “find” because some viewers are still “lost” in acknowledging these blunders as well.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 20258 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-18, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-18 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

#1. Disagree. Stephanie's embellishments were stimulating. And that was no rank Tijuana job, those were very well done and very much appreciated. One should learn to appreciate art when one can.

Besides, I think you overestimate the number of women on the show that get that surgery. First, it must be unpleasant, I mean it's major surgery, and second, most of the women who do so are in some business in which having to undergo that is more of a necessity. For the modeling, the ingénues, the beach bunnies, the beauty pageant participants, and of course, the those in the male appreciation arts/business. Granted, there are a number of women with self-image issues that feel compelled, and some with more money than they know how to handle, and maybe I've led a sheltered life but I've not known but a very few that did that, across all ages.

#2. Agree. Sort of. Maybe the burning dealt with the mystical side of the curse. Maybe there was a swirling devil’s head that emerged from the smoke screaming “I’m dying, I’m dying”. It might have too closely resembled Jeff Probst’s head for them to put it in the show. You know, maybe?

#3. Looking at Michael, I suspect that even at 18 he is experienced, sex wise. He's the kind of guy I used to hate because the women flocked to him while I watched - burning with rage. And envy. But that's an issue for another day. I'm sure he enjoyed the celebration all the more because of that.

#4. You'd think that this would be obvious. But after so many days of starvation, it's hard to resist either the chow or the subsequent coma.

#5. Yeah, they had to dig deep for that one. But at least we didn't have to sit thru a crybaby session by Chris. Wuss.

#6. Prediction: Ole Brad's not going to get America's Favorite money.

#7. Plenty to go. Many more ghosts to be exorcised than they have time for. Will need at least one sequel, if not an entire spin off Survivor show (Dog save us).

04-08-18, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
Yes...and No. Yes, pretty much every shot of Stephanie was “stimulating” for obvious reason. No, the Commission does not think it is overestimating the number of plastic boobies we’ve see on Reality Shows. Do most of the females casted carry them? No, but it seems every season CBS makes a point of including some plastic lolos in its production.

The Aruba Commission disagrees that MOST undergo the procedure for “necessity.” An overwhelming majority do it for vanity reasons. Hey, if it makes them feel better about themselves, God bless them. But you make a good point about it being unpleasant surgery (not to mention costly; ) so it’s sad that’s the price they pay for self-satisfaction. All cosmetic surgeries have financing arrangements, so even if they don’t have the money, it’s still a viable option.

As for the few who go silicone for modeling or other business careers...how obnoxiously inconsistent of our society that plastic boobies are acceptable for them, but professional athletes who use PED are fined/suspended and are branded as “cheaters” for life. Not that the Commission endorses that approach, because it doesn’t; but just citing the blatant inconsistency.

It wouldn’t be far-fetched to assume Michael is sexually active at 18. Although Erik from S15-China was an incredibly good-looking man well into his 20s who announced his virginity during the season. The reason it is remembered is because on the Reunion Show, in one of the most tasteless exhibits from Probst, he flat out asked Erik if he was STILL a virgin. Assuming Michael is experienced sex wise, we’re still talking 18 days of abstinence. So, that pressing embrace with Desiree’s pasteques would have had to be a bit more relevant for him.

michel2 2697 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-07-18, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
Kingfish, you've answered point #1 well. Nothing to add.

#2: It's weird that a commission would even admit the existence of a curse. Just a quick question: Did you mean it was better late than never for Michael or for me?

#3: I don't think Michael is particularly interested in Angela or Kellyn and I seriously doubt that he has any desires for Desiree.

#4: At least Wendell searched without being noticed. Michael's idol can easily be flushed because they suspect he has one.

#5: It's interesting that they made such a big deal about Wendell's girlfriend. I heard they're not even together anymore!

#6: It will be hard to beat Ben or even Tony for the title of luckiest winner ever.

#7: Talk about a roundabout way to create a debate with me. I'll just say it's incredible that you think Sandra would have voted for Lil even if Lil had just eliminated her.

04-08-18, 11:57 AM (EST)
10. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
The Commission issues its determination based on the “curse” the Malolo tribe believed. Consequently, it does not endorse nor support any silly curses. It was better late than never for Michael (and the Malolo tribe) that the water liability was finally eliminated. Typo omission with the “a.”

The conclusion is not based on if Michael has the “hotts” for any female castaway. Yet, having Desiree’s pasteques pressed against his shirtless torso would qualify as a “win” in the Commission’s book.

Paranoia runs rampant for ANYONE who might possess a HII these days...even if they were not caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Well, anyone who is not pathetically inept that is.

Ben and Tony still had to proactively search and play harder than the others to put themselves in a winning position. It’s not like Lil gift-wrapping the Sole Survivor claim to Sandra. BTW, when the cast was asked at the Reunion Show who would have voted for Lil, Sandra was one of the hands going up along with most of those who would have been on that Jury. Despicable Fairplay would not get the necessary four votes.

04-08-18, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
Fairplay would have gotten Sandra and Christa's vote and likely Rupert's also. That's why the reunion show which you hang on was totally meaningless.

I really like Snadra but she was one vindictive MotherF... and she'd never forgive Lil for voting her out.

On the island, Christa had a thing for Fairplay but it was real life JFP that soured her. Back on the island she votes for him.

Rupert, like you, would have considered a Lil-JFP the absolute worse scenario but he HATED Lil for betraying him and being the reason he was voted out. He expected such a thing from JFP, not from the girl scout.

04-08-18, 12:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
Absolutely NOOOO way Rupert give the million to Fairplay. "Spin," "twist," or "reach" couldn't begin to do justice to one of the most ridiculous claims I've heard on these boards..."Christa had a thing for Fairplay..."

Now I KNOW you're grasping at straws in a futile attempt to try to disprove what was stated at the Reunion Show.

04-08-18, 09:06 PM (EST)
15. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-18 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

Like I said, I don't know how Rupert votes but he hated Lil more and his vote isn't crucial. Sandra would never have given the million to the person who voted her out. Reunion Samdra LOVED Lil because Lil had given her the million but Island Sandra would have been EXTREMELY bitter.

As for Christa, she even says something about it on the DVD commentaries. She really thought that JFP was fun.

04-09-18, 07:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
Actually, it's Sandra's vote that isn't crucial because Tijuana, Darrah, Christa, and Ruppert do not vote to give Fairplay the million. I'm not saying any of those four liked Lil because they didn't, but that money wouldn't be going to a guy who disrespectfully said obnoxious and piggish remarks about females.

Had Sandra went immediately from getting her torch snuffed to a seat on the Jury and started FTC in that same session, then I could see your point about still smarting over getting voted out. A Fairplay/Lil would have been even a WORSE scenario for Sandra than Ruppert, but after a couple days to deliberate with Ruppert and the others, I doubt she brings herself to award a million dollars to Fairplay.

Hey, if Lil giftwrapped and put a bow on a million dollars for me, I would make it a point of NOT saying I would have voted for her only to give her resolve that she wouldn't have won the million even if she took Fairplay. For Sandra to say she would have voted for Lil, is insult to injury with Lil now walking away regretting her decision every day of her life. Not something you would do to someone you "loved" as a "thank you" for being gifted the million.

04-09-18, 07:19 PM (EST)
21. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
YOU.ARE.WRONG

Also it's funny that you go by the reunion yet say Tijuana would have voted for JFP. She DIDN'T raise her hand.

04-09-18, 07:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep07: "Gotta Take Some Barbs For The Complex Carbs""
Tijuana didn't have to...she voted for Lil when sitting next to Sandra. She would have voted for Lil next to Fairplay for sure. The poll was more for those who would not have been able to vote for Sandra had Lil not made the $1,000,000 blunder.

I.AM.RIGHT

04-07-18, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-18 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

I’m here at the site of an impending and devastating disaster on an island in the Fiji archipelago. Hello, Rumor Mills here reporting to you from a our very shaky treetop studio. This is your favorite station, KISLE, 101.1 on your FM dial, where you can always depend on getting the latest and greatest Survivor Spoilers. That rumbling you hear in the distance might be the signs of a new volcano, which could cause tsunamis, floods, pyroclastic flow, dead birds dropping out of the sky, and molten lava lakes to cover the land and wiping out all life for hundreds of miles.

It really could. Except that your trusty reporter is here to squelch those fake news facts, it’s just my stomach. Apparently, my Coconut/Mango/Broccoli Rum diet has an auditory effect that many confuse with tectonic plates colliding. I may have to forgo the Broccoli for a while. No loss, really.

And I’m sure that the relief you feel is worth the scare, because without this reporting, well, just where would you get such dependable spoilering? Nowhere, that’s where. Every week we present to you what no one else in the universe dares, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Sort of.

So, I raise my right hand, I place my left on the bible, and say: “I Swear I will Never Tell a Lie”.

There. Now you have it, indisputable proof that all that follows is the real deal. On with the show.

Real Deal Spoiler #1: Kellyn gets sent to Ghost Island for the second time, and for the second time trusts her gut in making the decision as to whether or not to open a clue. So far, she’s on track to kill the Ghost of Lex’s gut. Watch out, Lex’s gut, she’s coming for you!

Real Deal Spoiler #2: So, in addition to Kellyn getting an advantage during her sojourn on Ghost Island, Wendell and Mike find HIs. Apparently, there has never been an HI found without a camera crew around to film the finding and interview the HI finder so that the “OMG, OMG, this will change my life forever and ever” reaction can be duly recorded. So, one question is, why don’t they follow anyone who leaves camp with the with the camera crew trailing? A second question is (because I’ve lost track), does everyone on the island have an HI or some sort of advantage by now? And a third is, who has the contract to crank out these HIs? What a business!

Real Deal Spoiler #3: Bradley isn’t going to win any self-awareness conclusion awards. He knows that he is a total dick, he knows that’s who he is real life, and he knows that that’s a bad thing to be. Yet, in spite of all this knowledge about himself, he says he was truly blindsided by his ouster. He never considered for a moment that even though he is a total dick, that he might get voted out.

I think a new ghost might be taking its place as a subject for a future show. Except maybe not, I mean, what would they use as a symbol for that ghost? Would TV be that much more permissive in the future? Maybe.

Real Deal Spoiler #4: We are treated to an exhibition of New Jersey Style diving, best described as being like a turtle trying to do a cartwheel into the water. Not going to be an Olympic event I predict.

Real Deal Spoiler #5: Great line from Bradley (sort of paraphrased, but I’ll put it in quotes anyway): “Libby is incredibly attractive and fun to talk so that you’re compelled to buy whatever she’s selling.” We’ve all been there, Brad, we’ve all been there. I have acquired deeds to a few bridges and even some Caribbean islands by Libbys that I’ve known. Texas was once in my portfolio.

Real Deal Spoiler #6: Curiously, Wendell and Chris are still in their underwear. Why do I notice these things? It’s a curse.

Rumor Mills with the latest spoilers guaranteed to be pretty much true (ish).
(This will have to do until the Tribster returns).

04-07-18, 04:37 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-18 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

#1: I'd credit Kellyn's logic more than her gut. I mean, it's easy to realize that a vote is crucial when the tribe is divided 5-4 while its not necessary when you're up 3-1.

#2: Players aren't allowed to go looking for idols if a TV crew isn't available. But you are right; idol making may be one of the best growing industry in the US. One day soon TC will be: I'll match your idol and raise you a double vote. If you counter by a vote nullifier than I'll come back with a vote stealer.

#3: Being a dick isn't really cursed though: Just last season Ben won despite being a dick. Mike and Tony did it also not too long ago.

#4: The funniest thing is that Donathan, the guy who is supposed to be afraid of going under water, executed a perfect dive from that high platform.

#5: Now that she's featured a little more, I find Chelsea extremely attractive also. Check her out.

#6 I hadn't noticed and I'll try to keep it that way.

PS. Any news on Tribe?

04-07-18, 05:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
#1. She mentioned her gut. Actually, she credited it for her earlier decision and gave it as the reason for her second decision. Which was an opening to Lex's iconic gut which is not to be ignored.

#2. Show me where in the rule book it says that. I think that if that were the case, that occasionally a HI would be found without a camera crew around who might have followed a group to the beach for a strategy session, or some topless bathing, and missed someone slipping out of camp. Or that the camera crew would occasionally be caught by surprise, I understand that there are or used to be only two camp camera crews per shift to keep shots clear of the other crew. It is remarkable that they get so much usable footage without filming each other. Especially in the long shots. No way that they could cover up to nine survivors if they all decided to search for idols.

#3. Tony, undeniably.

#5. Chelsea is growing on me too. Not to the "extremely" point yet, but growing.

04-07-18, 07:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
#1 She may have mentioned her gut but the decision was simple logic.

#2 On RHAP, in POS and on Survivor Sucks, I've often heard players say that they aren't allowed to go out of camp without a camera crew unless they are going alone to the bathroom. One player, I think it was Ralph in Redemption Island, accidently found an idol while coming back from a bathroom break. They refilmed the whole thing. It's also why Shirin couldn't leave camp when Mike said she should to end the nasty argument with Will. Technically there wasn't a crew to accompany them but it was production's excuse to let the argument fester.

The camera crews certainly couldn't cover up to nine Survivors if they all decided to search for idols in different directions that's why they aren't allowed to go out separatly. They have to go in groups if they want to go all on searches at the same time.

#3 Mike was called a "dicktator" when he kept pushing the Blue Collars to work and work and work some more. Even more, he acted like a dick during the auction. Ben was called a "dicktator" when he was ordering everyone on how to vote.

#5 She has nicer boobs than Libby and she has dazzling green eyes. Libby has a cuter behind though.

04-08-18, 11:32 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-18 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

Kellyn's logic doesn't fit the narrative of either the Rumor Mills column or Ghost Island. Busting the Lex's gut Ghost does.

Very skeptical that production would restrict HI searches. So, what would happen if a rogue Survivor (Hantz? Tony? Et.al.?, is there anyone who would doubt that there have been many rule flouters?) decided to look for an HI when the camera crew happened to be otherwise engaged? Would they kick them off the island? Doesn't seem likely, not good TV.

I am very skeptical of most unsourced "I've often heard" facts.

And the refilming angle would kill the drama of the HI, everyone would know something's was up if not exactly what it was. I view with suspicion that "fact" also.

04-08-18, 12:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-18 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

Since I accept Survivor's narrative, I'll accept yours also. Busting the Ghost of Lex's gut it is. I sure hope Kellyn doesn't get dysentery along the way (which is actually what killed Lex's game)

You may think idol searches aren't restricted but weren't all of Hantz and Tony's (and everyone else's) idol finds caught on film? If you say that they may have gone at other times but were fruitless, I'll point out that production couldn't be that lucky to miss only the fruitless searches while being always there when the idol is found. Try remembering ONLY ONE find that wasn't caught on film (even Hogeboom's was filmed but not shown). The players are simply not allowed to go rogue. Even if they plan on using the bathroom break as an excuse they have to tell production first during their confessionals to have a crew ready. Remember even Boston Rob's "game royale" scheme was all caught on film.

One more thing about group searches, the TV crews certainly know where the idol is located so they'd know which group to cover if, by accident, the players get separated.

What would they do, you ask, if one does go rogue? I suspect the idol is simply not there at all times! The idol could be hidden just before the TV crew is ready to head out and it is taken back to a production tent if it isn't found. Or, learning from the Ralph fiasco who stumbled on an idol meant for Hantz, maybe it's hidden only when they want THAT person to find it...

When I wrote "I've often heard", I meant directly from the players themselves. They don't come here but they frequent POS and RHAP quite regularly. Sucks much less these days but there used to be a big gang there five or ten years back.

The refilming was done during the player's confessional so no one could know what was up.

04-08-18, 09:28 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-18 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

oops

04-08-18, 10:03 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
Camp/cameramen points are well taken, thoughtful, and reasonable.

But how could they stop any survivor that decided to go rogue? The very concept means that they wouldn’t be asking permission, therefore the production personnel wouldn't always be in a position to prevent them from doing anything, especially something that involves game strategy and doesn't harm anyone.

If there's a way to get an edge thru boldness or deception, eventually someone will try for it, as evidenced by the attempts to make fake idols. If fact, after it's tried once, the copycats will appear each seacon after that.

If they can go crazy and dump camp rice with no objection from the powers that be, or go thru someone else's belongings without permission, then simply sneaking out whenever the camera crew is distracted shouldn't be out of the question. Again, what would be the penalty?

Put yourself in camp, with others puttering around, and you want to search for an HI. You don't want to tell the camera crew what you're up to in front of the others. Kinda kills the whole purpose, because even if you make up an excuse like firewood, coconuts, or water, everyone will know what you're doing.

And if going to the latrine is the only acceptable excuse to leave camp without a crew tagging along, why wouldn't they just say they are going to poop and instead look for an HI? If someone can find it by accident, someone else could use the excuse to actively hunt it. As for re-enacting the find, that's only possible if the HI finder tells the camera crew that he found it. Even then, the re-enactment would reveal what happened to the rest of the gang, and they wouldn't need to overhear a confessional. If there was a rule that any HI's found without the camera crew around would have to be refilmed, I certainly wouldn't tell production if I found one surreptitiously. Not until I used it at TC.

So I’m still skeptical. Not saying it’s impossible, and the points you make are worth pondering, but so far it doesn’t pass the sniff test for me.

04-08-18, 11:09 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-18 AT 11:15 PM (EST)

Like I wrote, my biggest point is that ALL idol finds have been caught on film.

If anyone has ever gone rogue, we know that they weren't successful. Can it only be bad luck? For me, the answer is absolutely not. So there are two possibilities: Either no one has ever gone rogue or the idol isn't there when the camera crews aren't tagging along. From what I heard from players is that they aren't allowed to go rogue. They HAVE to obey the TV crews and production rules.

Production is EXTREMELY strict about it's rules. In Fiji when Mookie wanted to pass the idol to Alex, it HAD to be caught on film. That's why Dre was able to see the exchange. I'm not sure how they'd enforce it but I KNOW that a player couldn't hide having an idol from production. I suppose filming would be stopped and Jeff would take the idol away, acting as if it never existed...unless one of his favorites had it of course!

Players can go crazy and throw away the rice or go through other's belongings but that also HAS to be done in front of a camera.

Also, why would you want to go out of camp to look for an idol without a camera crew? That camera crew will be of great help in finding the idol! The cameras always point to where the player has to look. Searching for an idol with a TV crew is more like a game of "Hot and Cold" than a real search!

PS. Confessionals are carried out in spots that are completely verboden for the other players. That leaves plenty of time and space to re-enact the idol find. Like I said, I think it only happened once.

04-08-18, 12:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
#1 - Lex’s gut was already “killed” by the parasites back when Survivor TRULY lived up to its name. It was those killer parasites that did him in during the final IC. A healthier Lex would have easily outlasted Kim, voted out Ethan, and taken the S3 Africa title.

#2 – Hard to believe castaways could ever be off and wandering about without someone from CBS, i.e. cameraman, production, etc. up their butts.

#3 – If by your own admission you are a D!ck, at least search harder and better than everyone else to find idols/advantages to ensure your longevity in the game. Or have someone on your team feel you are the “glue holding the tribe together.” Bradley was a D!ck who had neither.

#4 – If the “New Jersey Style diving” you are referring to is New Jerseyan Desiree’s entry into the water, it should be an Olympic event. Forget the time zone difference...the Commission would set its alarm for 3:00am to watch THAT exhibition!

#5 – In this neck of the woods, the Verrazano Bridge, NYSE, and Ellis Island (complete with the Statue of Liberty) have been in the Commission’s “portfolio.”

#6 – Wanna hear a REAL “curse?” The Commission determines Chris’s and Wendell’s lolos are larger than Libby’s...

04-08-18, 10:08 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-18 AT 10:15 PM (EST)

#2. Logistics. There are more people to trail than production crews in camp. Not enough to go around. Somehow filming in Survivor has to be done without filming the cameramen, and that can't be done if they are tripping over each other.

#4. My mistake. Dom is a New Yorker. His turtle cartwheel is what I meant to reference.

#6. Yeah. But, you know, cute little lolo-lights have appeal too.

04-09-18, 07:29 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Let’s get ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!"
#2 - I'm sure not ALL the cameras are on a cameraperson's shoulder. Certainly you don't have the hundreds of cameras and mics that you see in the BB House, but you got to believe a few cameras are set up at every camp where the tribes congregate. When someone goes off to either get firewood, look for food, go to the water well...or yes, even look for an idol, someone will be hot on their trail.

You don't need a cameraperson for every castaway because not everyone searches for idols in the same proactive manner. The pathetically inept don't even bother most of the time. And when the rest, or most, of your tribe are sleeping, logistics don't become a factor.

#4 - AWWWWW, I thought you were drawing attention to Desiree's "floatation devices" upon her entry into the water.

#5 - Yes they do!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •