The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it okay to share the Netflix account?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

th24 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-05-16, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail th24 Click to send private message to th24 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it okay to share the Netflix account?"
Hi guys,

My gf has been asking me to share my Netflix account with her. Finally, I gave it to her a couple of hours ago. But, I don't know whether she accessed it on her laptop. She hasn't replied anything. What's worrying me is that I read an article about sharing the passwords. It says it's a crime. http://www.torontodefencelawyers.com/blog/general-category/crime-share-netflix-password/ I am little scared after reading this. Would they be able to find out that two persons are using the same account? Will this land me in any trouble? Need your advice.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix... kingfish 12-05-16 1
 If This is True.. foonermints 12-05-16 2
   RE: If This is True.. kingfish 12-05-16 3
       RE: If This is True.. foonermints 12-05-16 4
 In All Honesty foonermints 12-05-16 5
   RE: In All Honesty kingfish 12-05-16 6
       Eliminate the Middleman! foonermints 12-06-16 7
           RE: Eliminate the Middleman! kingfish 12-06-16 8
 RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix... cahaya 12-06-16 9
   RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix... kingfish 12-06-16 10
       RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix... cahaya 12-07-16 11
           Rum around RollDdice 12-08-16 12
               RE: Rum around kingfish 12-08-16 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19521 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-05-16, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix account?"
If they are mailing DVDs to two separate addresses, they might conclude that two people are sharing the account.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foonermints 13577 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-16, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "If This is True.."
I am going to confess to having my Ex-wife's password, and get her thrown in the slammer.

Handmade by the incredibly talented Syren
Since it's Christmas, I will then send her a cheap tin of cookies. Or a fruitcake. People love fruitcake.

12-05-16, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If This is True.."
Better make that something else. Fruitcakes can be used to whack guards. She might show up at your front door to 'return' the gift.

12-05-16, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If This is True.."
Well, prison guards are pretty tough, however you have a good point.
After they eat some they will collapse, holding their tummies in screaming agony. So she'll saunter past them, jump on her Harley, and run me down in the streets of LA as I crippeldly go through a school crosswalk.

"crippeldly" .. always wanted to make up a new conjugation to show off my genius!

12-05-16, 12:13 PM (EST)
5. "In All Honesty"
I might have shared my password with a few people in the past. I paid for multiple screens, so why not share?
Is the cyberpolice going to bust down my door as both myself and my girlfriend are watching separate shows on different computers?

I cannot coexist with "Project Runway"

12-05-16, 02:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: In All Honesty"
Yeah, the worst that can happen is they would discontinue you. Or send you a fruitcake.

(Actually, there is a version of fruitcake that I might enjoy, the kind that is soaked for a month or so in rum. OK, now that that thought is in my head, I think I'll go out and buy a fruitcake and a bottle of rum).

12-06-16, 11:49 AM (EST)
7. "Eliminate the Middleman!"
Why ##### around with the fruitcake?

RUM! I must have 'e more RUM!

12-06-16, 01:43 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Eliminate the Middleman!"
And if you need solid food, which we don't, there's Rum Balls!

cahaya 19451 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-16, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix account?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-16 AT 03:34 PM (EST)

If you google around, you'll find the official Netflix response and comments made by the Netflix CEO about sharing access to Netflix accounts.

In general, within family, it is okay, but not between "friends" who don't live (or cohabit) in the same household.

"Technically" it's illegal to share your password -- there's a court case that supports this (from the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, for you AyaK-wannabes), but it's doubtful that Netflix will come out and try to have you busted.

If your gf is hanging out at your place and using it from there, you're definitely okay. Her watching from her place is a grey area. Her sharing your password with yet another person isn't cool.

My son has a Netflix account that was already set up for multiple users and he, his cousin (in the same house) and I all have a separate icon for each of us when we login to Netflix, and this seems to be okay.

See https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/11/psst-its-still-okay-to-share-your-netflix-password/

12-06-16, 05:47 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix account?"
Ok, now we know. But more importantly, how do you prefer to ingest Rum?

cahaya 19451 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-16, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is it okay to share the Netflix account?"
Straight, on the rocks.

And I'll skip over the ropes on the deck with Captain Morgan.

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

RollDdice 5812 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-16, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Rum around"
Straight, on the rocks.

I'd rather drink rum than discuss it, but as a former bartender I feel compelled to point out that "straight" means just the alcohol in the glass. "On the rocks" is over ice. And some folks get picky when it comes to top shelf liquor and how many ice cubes are dancing in the glass.

*cue drunken version of NBC "The More You Know" theme*

12-08-16, 06:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rum around"
I get weird looks when I ask for ice in my 20yo scotch. Am immune.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •